Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroes Of Justice VS. Villains Of Doom

Back to Guilds

A DC Comics Roleplaying Guild 

Tags: DC Comics, Comics, Superman, Batman, Superheroes 

Reply The Historical Archives (Regular Threads)
Here's a Link to a Good thread..... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FuriousStyles
Crew

Wealthy Tycoon

10,225 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:29 pm
This is a Link to a Topic that describes proper Roleplay Combat.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-ooc/so-you-wanna-take-it-outside-huh-combat-roleplaying-guide/t.27833761/  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:23 pm
just wait until the Battle is set up, than we can have some real fun with powers and such  

The Real Poison Ivy

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100

BG Batgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:54 pm
We should have a practice thread to asses who can do Literate roleplays and who can't.
Then force them to practice.
I really don't want to see any use of the asterisks. To me, that doesn't make a literate roleplay. But I digress...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:17 pm
BG Batgirl
We should have a practice thread to asses who can do Literate roleplays and who can't.
I really don't want to see any use of the asterisks. To me, that doesn't make a literate roleplay. But I digress...

Then display a proper method of it, thats why I joined that "School of Role Play Guild" so I could better My skills. Please show me an example of a Proper RP, I think it would help.  

FuriousStyles
Crew

Wealthy Tycoon

10,225 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

iBlitz Boy

550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:30 am
FuriousStyles
BG Batgirl

Then display a proper method of it, thats why I joined that "School of Role Play Guild" so I could better My skills. Please show me an example of a Proper RP, I think it would help.

You could just go to Barton town in the forums. That forum is made specifically for RPing, and has a lot of good examples.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:29 pm
FuriousStyles
BG Batgirl

Its so hard to explain without sounding like a b***h and saying that if you've read a book like I dunno Harry Potter it would be like that.
Except your playing your own character and such. Um, an example would be so:

As dusk rolled into night, a lone figured sat amongst the city. Draped in the colors of darkness as well, he was camouflaged by the night. As he sat listening waiting, another figured joined him. This one was clad in red and green and the man dressed as darkness stood and then replied to that other figure, "We got a call. Lets move out", and into the night they went.

It should be like that. Your discribing your surroundings, what you look like, and interacting with someone who your not playing. I like literate RP's like this as opposed to using Asterisk to show action.

Here is the same paragraph but used with asteriks.

*Sitting, waiting, Robin joins* Lets move out

@iBlitz: Ugh Barton Towns is a bad example. There are hardly any literate roleplays that are good. If you join one that isn't literate and you play literate they get all bitchy. It might be good to just make a thread in here to help out. I know Blitz you know how to RP properly because of that RP you started in Justice League guild. So you understand what I mean.

BG Batgirl

iBlitz Boy

550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:17 pm
BG Batgirl
FuriousStyles
BG Batgirl

Its so hard to explain without sounding like a b***h and saying that if you've read a book like I dunno Harry Potter it would be like that.
Except your playing your own character and such. Um, an example would be so:

As dusk rolled into night, a lone figured sat amongst the city. Draped in the colors of darkness as well, he was camouflaged by the night. As he sat listening waiting, another figured joined him. This one was clad in red and green and the man dressed as darkness stood and then replied to that other figure, "We got a call. Lets move out", and into the night they went.

It should be like that. Your discribing your surroundings, what you look like, and interacting with someone who your not playing. I like literate RP's like this as opposed to using Asterisk to show action.

Here is the same paragraph but used with asteriks.

*Sitting, waiting, Robin joins* Lets move out

@iBlitz: Ugh Barton Towns is a bad example. There are hardly any literate roleplays that are good. If you join one that isn't literate and you play literate they get all bitchy. It might be good to just make a thread in here to help out. I know Blitz you know how to RP properly because of that RP you started in Justice League guild. So you understand what I mean.

Yeah, I actually haven't been in one RP there were something wasn't wrong. Well Batgirl used a good example, so you could go by that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:31 pm
Um, if I may interrupt to place my point of view, I think that everyone has their own style to role-playing and it shouldn't be discriminated. Not that I'm saying that it is, but still, one has their own way of posting. For example, BG Batgirl doesn't like the asterisk when used to put the action/scene of what's happening, she is more likely to put the post book style, if you know what I mean. In the other hand, other characters such as Dark Knight Detective, Real Poison Ivy and myself, like to place the asterisk just so the person that reads knows that it is an action or more likely to know what's going on. I think that we should role-play just as we know how to do it and get along with it. Nightwing out.....  

Seto Kaiba Master Duelist

iBlitz Boy

550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:52 pm
Nightwing 2099
Um, if I may interrupt to place my point of view, I think that everyone has their own style to role-playing and it shouldn't be discriminated. Not that I'm saying that it is, but still, one has their own way of posting. For example, BG Batgirl doesn't like the asterisk when used to put the action/scene of what's happening, she is more likely to put the post book style, if you know what I mean. In the other hand, other characters such as Dark Knight Detective, Real Poison Ivy and myself, like to place the asterisk just so the person that reads knows that it is an action or more likely to know what's going on. I think that we should role-play just as we know how to do it and get along with it. Nightwing out.....

Well actually although asterisks are easier and get to the point quicker, they're boring. They give no details, and can some time be hard to counter.
Say this for example:

*throws punch*

Ok, I know what you meen, but you don't state were your attack is aimed, or who your throwing it at. Also they can be confusing. But I people do have there own way of RPing, so if both people RP using asterisk it shouldn't be a problem.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:44 pm
Nightwing 2099

Its not the style.
Its the difference between literate and semi-literate.
I made that point in my post. If I'm in a literate Role Play I should not see the use of asterisk's but if I was in a semi-literate Role Play I expect to see the use of asterisk's because we all know, no one is going to take the literate part to meaning.

This is how I was taught. Plus I find the use of Asterisks so BORING. And both me and iblitz share the same opinion on this matter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the majority of threads made for RP in this guild will be semi-literate, but you know. It's not going to hurt if you know how to participate properly in a literate thread though.

BG Batgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:36 pm
perhaps.....

Yeah, it is true, but hey, to each his own, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:49 pm
Nightwing 2099
perhaps.....

Yeah, it is true, but hey, to each his own, right?

i agree with Nightwing. Each one of us has their own style of doing things. I know i'm helping out one of my friends with her rps as she is still trying to get a set style and type. we could have a list on ways for people that have a bad rp style to improve upon them. Or suggestions on how to use actions/thought bubbles and such that have worked with 'us' (us as in people that do well at rps. and make it easy to read and understand) A help tread in short

Well then Ivy and Nightwing, I will leave it up to you two, to come up with a short thread on proper RP techniques and to help people develop their own styles!You'll be Great teachers, Good Luck Guys!  

The Real Poison Ivy

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:25 pm
I couldn't agree more with Ivy. Some people really don't know how to RP quite well. So, in a way, it's up to us to teach them properly or to at least let them know how it is supposed to be done, so that they can come up with their own style  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:34 pm
Well then Ivy and Nightwing, I will leave it up to you two, to come up with a short thread on proper RP techniques and to help people develop their own styles!You'll be Great teachers, Good Luck Guys!  

FuriousStyles
Crew

Wealthy Tycoon

10,225 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

The Real Poison Ivy

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:12 am
FuriousStyles

thanks..hmm now how are we going to start all of this?  
The Historical Archives (Regular Threads)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games