Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tawa'di decided to see if he could find any of his fellow members, instead of wandering around the border. With his own family now, he knew it was important to take care of himself and not exhert himself too much, and to always be somewhat close by in case Mana called for him.

His old dusty paws carried him over familiar land, his eyes looking for the familiar forms covered in tattoos that he was accustomed to seeing his entire life. Small, but their numbers would grow in strength soon. He just hoped that he would be around to continue to see it.

A tug in his mind told him to seek for the Sky Clan members. Something there might be needing his assitance, and he had learned a long time ago to never doubt these tugs. Even if it was incorrect, he would still have someone to chat with before returning home. Much better than waiting on the border for someone that never arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:46 pm
User Image

Binti sat perched upon a small rise, fur ruffling in the breeze. Peaceful moments, such as these, were slowly becoming more common, as Us'kali's legacy grew up, and no longer needed the constant (and often impatient!) attentions of the onetime rogue. Well, technically, she remained separate--while she'd done her best to raise Us'kali's brood with the beliefs and values of their deceased mother, she'd been forced to rely heavily on Ama, who had, without her ever noticing quite when, shifted from an annoying momma's boy to being a solid presence that she could rely on.

Not that she'd ever tell -him- that he was that important to her...he'd get a big head. Additionally, while she'd learned to adapt, somewhat, to being a member of a pride, rather than the stubbornly independent individual she'd been well into adulthood...she still hated to admit that she couldn't do everything -herself-.

But, with the cubs grown, she couldn't help but wonder how much longer her presence would be tolerated, here--after all, she was certainly not ela, herself...and while no one had ever brought it up, either overtly or discreetly, she had begun to feel unsettled--for the first time, the thought of being on her own again wasn't entirely pleasant.

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

TormentedAngie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:18 am
User Image

Ama quietly padded up behind Binti, smiling to himself as he watched his companion gaze upon the horizon. His own mane tousled and damp from the swim he just took, he looked like a bit of a ragamuffin compared to her simple elegance. Silent, he took his place beside her, curling his tail up around his paws as he sat down.

She'd been the strong one when his mother had passed on, taking on the responsibility with him without a second thought. He'd admired that more than he'd let on, knowing that she hadn't had to do it, and that he would've managed on his own if she'd taken off. But Binti had stayed with him and helped him raise his siblings. Now that the monsters were grown, he often wondered what kept her there, but none the less was pleased about the fact that she was still around and hadn't left yet. A part of him wished to turn to her, to ask her to stay, but something always caught in his throat before he could. Unconciously, Ama reached over and nuzzled her shoulder, wuffling softly before returning his gaze over the horizon side by side with her.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:28 am
Whew...since when did the old nvwati tired so suddenly? This certainly wasn't good. He paused, letting his heart slow as well as his lungs, letting his eyes decide just how much further he needed to go before he would find them. While wandering around in their clans was custom, sometimes it still made things rough when he got these tugs like this. Hopefully none of his children inherited this trait, or they might go crazy having to deal with it! And if they did, hopefully it wasn't as strong as his own.

He shook his head, letting a bit of the hot air around his neck to escape and let him cool down a bit. This action let his eyes see some sort of characters. Two, so small, but from this distance he thought he saw tattoos. His heart full of renewed joy, he willed himself to keep going. Just perhaps at a more leasurely pace.

Growing closer now, he thought he could recognize the boy. Someone he had seen a few times before, surely. With that many tattoos, it would be possible tor ead him before even asking for his name. The girl, though, he would need to find more out about.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 pm
Having spotted the tattooed stranger making slow progress towards where she and Ama sat, Binti turned her gaze from him to Ama, swatting lightly at his nose with one velvety paw. "At least wait until you've dried off!" She spoke with the slightest of growls--the only indicator that she wasn't really annoyed being in the slight grin that played at the corners of her maw.

Embarrassed by her own teasing, she turned back to the other lion, who continued to make slow, steady progress in their direction. "Do you think we should go to meet him, or wait until he reaches us?" She finally asked. Had it not been for his tattoos, visible even at this distance, she'd have been far more wary at the newcomer's presence.

However, the presence of this new lion meant that she ran the risk of being asked to leave, since the pride as a whole didn't seem particularly welcoming to outsiders--not that she could blame them for being wary, what with their history.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:39 am
The male chuckled, grinning from ear to ear at her minor display of affection. It wasn't often shown, but certainly wasn't taken for granted either. "I am drying! Blow drying..." he lifted a paw to indicate the breeze around them.

Ama's attention turned shortly thereafter to peer towards the lion advancing towards them. The dark feather gave way to who it was, and he nodded. "We should perhaps meet up with him, so that he doesn't need to go quite so far. Unlike his feminine companion, the idea of her being asked to leave never crossed her mind. Ama knew those who knew of Binti already accepted her as one of their own, if only due to her dedication to his younger siblings. It never occured to him that she might not realize that yet. However curiosity killed the cat (not literally!) and he did indeed wonder what brought the nvwati all the way out there to greet them.

Standing up, Ama nuzzled Binti once more before striking off in his nvwati's direction. It wasn't but a couple of moments before they were within speaking distance of each other and he called out to the older lion. "Tawa'di... greetings from the Sky clan. What brings you all the way out here?" He bowed his head in respect for the older one, then came to a stop in front of Tawa.

TormentedAngie

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:21 pm
Tawa'di was pleased to see that he did know who the male was. And he knew him in return. Good, this would quicken things up a bit. He bowed his head deeply, a smile growing on his face. "Well, Ama Galu'nadi. A pleasure to see you, as it has been quite a while." He didn't think it would be good to tease too much, not with a lady next to him. He was growing a bit too soft in his old age, wasn't he?

"I'm merely coming to see how the Clan is doing, nothing out of the ordinary." Tawa'di was not a fan of explaining his tugs. It worked better to keep it a mystery, perhaps blaming it on his nvwati abilities.

"And who might this be? It's a pelasure to meet you, miss." He offered a bow directly to her. He didn't quite recognize her, but he had the tingling feeling that she'd been here before. Had he seen her before? Pulling that memory out of his mind was turning into quite a difficult task. Ah well, Ama would certianly say something to him about her.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:25 pm
Snorting at Ama's teasing remark, Binti shook her head. No, it wouldn't do to let him know how entertaining she found his easy good humor.

Binti inclined her head, following Ama's example. "The pleasure is mine." She began, tilting her head slightly to the side as she watched the elder lion. He reminded her of Us'kali, in a way--perhaps it was the way he carried himself, or that wiser-than-dirt look in his eyes--however, whatever it was that was similar, Tawa'di was somehow...more.

Shaking her head in an attempt at clearing her mind, Binti cleared her throat. "And I am Binti'Sokota." Lowering her own head once more in his direction, chagrin colored her words--she'd been staring at Tawa'di vacantly without even having introduced herself!

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

TormentedAngie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:05 am
Before he had a chance to introduce her, Binti had done the job for him. Go figure, she was independent and didn't often let him have the pleasure. But as that's all she offered, he did have the ability to explain a bit about her, and so jumped on that chance.

"Binti became acquaintances... traveling companions with my mother after the plague hit. I found them together, and we invited the lovely to join us on our return home. When mother passed on after my half-siblings were born, she helped me to take care of, and raise them. For that, she has my eternal gratitude. She has taken on more than most anyone would, Ela or otherwise." Ama proudly praised her on everything, hoping that it would help Tawa in understanding her just a bit more.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:39 pm
Tawa'di nodded, raising an eyebrow as he examined the lioness before him. Quite interesting. He had known about Us'kali, her children, and her passing. But this lioness had answered the question on just how the children were raised. It was quite amenable to now know just who had helped raised them to their pleseant selves today.

"I see. That explains a lot, actually." He offered a polite nod to Binti. "I'm sure Us'kali would beam with pride. Her children have grow into wonderful adults, and the credit goes to you." He chuckled. "Perhaps some to Ama, as well."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:02 pm
Scuffing one of her forepaws awkwardly in the dirt, Binti studiously avoided looking directly at Ama. "The credit goes to them, and to Ama for their temperaments turning out so good in spite of my bad influence, I'm afraid." Binti returned, not used to, or really able, to accept such high praise.

"And, I'm sure, because whether they knew her or not, their mother was one of the most amazing lionesses I've ever met." Perhaps, in fact, the only lioness she'd ever really respected on such a deep level. Flicking her tail, she snuck a quick glance at Ama, before turning her attention back to the elder, giving him a slight, fleeting smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:27 am
Ama raised a brow in curiosity at Binti's confession of credit being his for the cubs and such. She had never been a bad influence on their lives, in fact he wasn't sure if he could've done it without her in the first place. "No, I agree with Tawa. The credit goes mostly to you, Binti. I surely couldn't have managed on my own." He did, however, catch the glance she tossed at him, as well as Tawa's chuckle at the lioness' inability to accept such comments. It was a rather endearing quality about her, one he liked to capitalize on now and then, despite knowing he'd pay for it, more than likely with a rock upside the head later on.

He did however, feel the need to steer the conversation in a different direction before she got too uncomfortable. "And you Tawa, how have you and yours faired? Well, I hope?"

TormentedAngie

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:21 pm
The old lion nodded to Ama after offering a soft smile to Binti. She really needed to forgive herself more. What may seem bad might infact just be a different outlook on life.

"We are well, Ama. Quite a surprise, but pleasing, to see the pride growing in strength once again. I'm glad that your clan has grown strong, as well." His tail flicked as he shook his mane out. "It seems that there's nothing for me to worry about anymore. Quite the burden lifted, as I'm sure your mother's children have grown and can care for themselves, as well," he said with a chuckle, lightly implying something in a playful manner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:28 pm
Shaking her head, Binti gave Ama a narrow-eyed look, before grinning ruefully. "It almost seems odd, to see them all growing into themselves--I have a difficult time, some days, separating the young adults they've become from the cubs who were so small and helpless..."  

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces