Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
So California has legalized Gay Marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SloanSage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:25 am
Ricette
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Mike Oxlittle
I would rather see a homosexual commit to one partner for the rest of their lives than for a homosexual to act sexually free.

If marriage is going to do that, then so be it?

Sin is sin, and the last time I checked, sex before marriage is sinful.

Erk, I need to figure out what I'm trying to say rather than just blabber on. This is all coming out wrongly.
Whoops!
if heterosexuals have sex before marriage all the time even with marriage as an option, what makes you think gays will be any different?
O, what makes you think you are superior to them? What makes Christianity the way to go and what makes you have the right to judge and condemn a group because they love a different way than you? Huh?

There is a difference between judgement and condemnation. We are judging the ACTIONS while trying to love the PERSON. And according to our beliefs, the act of homosexuality is a sin and against nature. We do not think we are better than them, no, we realize how full of sin we are and we know it is our duty to bring others to the cross and find cleansing of their sins, just as we have found cleansing. And Gerbil has a point. Heterosexuals have premarital sex too. Letting homosexuals marry will not decrease this, nor will it decrease the divorce rate.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:25 pm
Ricette
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Mike Oxlittle
I would rather see a homosexual commit to one partner for the rest of their lives than for a homosexual to act sexually free.

If marriage is going to do that, then so be it?

Sin is sin, and the last time I checked, sex before marriage is sinful.

Erk, I need to figure out what I'm trying to say rather than just blabber on. This is all coming out wrongly.
Whoops!
if heterosexuals have sex before marriage all the time even with marriage as an option, what makes you think gays will be any different?
O, what makes you think you are superior to them? What makes Christianity the way to go and what makes you have the right to judge and condemn a group because they love a different way than you? Huh?
It's ultimately God who judges, not people. Yes, God hates the act of homosexuality.

All anti homosexuality (acts) ideas or beliefs are derived from the Old Testament.

Leviticus 18:22

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.  

Fallpray

Teoka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:17 am
But you ARE judging, are you not? Whether it's by-proxy through god or on your own, you are still making a judgment on a group of people.

I'd just like to point out that Leviticus also says that talking back to your parents should be punishable by death and gives details on how to perform animal sacrifice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:43 am
Teoka
But you ARE judging, are you not? Whether it's by-proxy through god or on your own, you are still making a judgment on a group of people.

I'd just like to point out that Leviticus also says that talking back to your parents should be punishable by death and gives details on how to perform animal sacrifice.
Jesus told us not to judge. We are not suppose to judge people who sin. Only God has the right to do it. So it's more of a thing between sinners and God. Even if people have sinned against us, we have to forgive them.

NT teachings overrule OT teachings. Christians don't need to follow every rule in the OT. Whether which to follow and which not to, one must learn from one's church's teachings. Like the one you have mentioned, it simply can't be established because it can't coexist with present law system.  

Fallpray

SloanSage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:09 pm
Genesis of Faith
Teoka

Jesus told us not to judge. We are not suppose to judge people who sin. Only God has the right to do it. So it's more of a thing between sinners and God. Even if people have sinned against us, we have to forgive them.

NT teachings overrule OT teachings. Christians don't need to follow every rule in the OT. Whether which to follow and which not to, one must learn from one's church's teachings. Like the one you have mentioned, it simply can't be established because it can't coexist with present law system.

Okay. So you did not get this.

Where in the Bible, New Testament or Old, does it say that we are not to say that their sin in wrong? Yes, God has the ultimate judgement. But we ARE to say that their actions are wrong.

And really, the Leviticus argument is VERY off putting. No wonder people do not like us.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:41 am
SloanSage
Genesis of Faith
Teoka

Where in the Bible, New Testament or Old, does it say that we are not to say that their sin in wrong? Yes, God has the ultimate judgement. But we ARE to say that their actions are wrong.

And really, the Leviticus argument is VERY off putting. No wonder people do not like us.
I get you. Preaching without judging to be precise.  

Fallpray

Medanite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:11 pm
SloanSage
Genesis of Faith
Teoka

One right off the top of my head comes from... Romans, I believe, and it says in essence:

Do not say who shall go into the depths, which will bring Christ up, or who shall ascend on high, which is to bring Christ down.

Basically this verse says that doing these things can misconstrue the person that Christ is.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:44 am
all pepole have a choice to do what they want, they have a choice in religion, sexual orientation, and moral values and actions.
god only choses the ones who make the right choices to live with him in the kingdom of heaven. im glad i will be one of them. xd

dont worry gays, you will be happy in hell, while satan shove pineapples up your asses ( From the Movie Lil Nicky)  

Austin Shipp

Three Mile Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:16 am
Austin Shipp
all pepole have a choice to do what they want, they have a choice in religion, sexual orientation, and moral values and actions.
god only choses the ones who make the right choices to live with him in the kingdom of heaven. im glad i will be one of them. xd

dont worry gays, you will be happy in hell, while satan shove pineapples up your asses ( From the Movie Lil Nicky)

You judgemental Tool, your going to know all about it as you keep them company if you stay down that road.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:32 am
OK First off:

1. Calling people names and judging them harshly isn't going to get you anywhere. Didn't God say to LOVE all things great or small?

2. God will be the one to decide where people go when the time comes.

3. It should NOT be called marriage when two people of the same sex get together. It SHOULD be called a civil union. Marriage is for a man and a woman. Period.  

The Beautiful jewel

5,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:49 pm
...Did prop 8 get overturned without me hearing about it? eek

Not that it matters that much. We really shouldn't work on the same level as politics... that is working with the tools of the world, when we should be working (mainly, if not entirely) with the tools of God... scripture, love, ect...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:30 pm
The Beautiful jewel

3. It should NOT be called marriage when two people of the same sex get together. It SHOULD be called a civil union. Marriage is for a man and a woman. Period.

Giving it a different name discriminates. Congrats on supporting segregation. How very backwards.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Ricette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:48 pm
Austin Shipp

You are a poor seeming Christian for saying things like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:43 pm
Ricette
Austin Shipp

You are a poor seeming Christian for saying things like that.

Are you judging him for his beliefs? I thought only God judged.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Three Mile Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:44 pm
The Beautiful jewel
OK First off:.
Marriage is for a man and a woman. Period.
exclaim

Except of course to the Romans, and various other sociatys Pre dating Christianity and Marriage that allowed Male Marriages....and of course all the Sociatys that had Marriages Before Jewdaism....

Cant forget about those deary...  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces