Submit

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 am
Please do not post unless asked to by Mintaka or Fatal Irony. Thanks!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tigerlily gave a toss of her mane, the curls bouncing a moment as she surveyed the plains. The sky above held a morning sun that shone down with a certain gentleness that could only still mean spring was here, but she knew soon it would become more intense as summer strode in. They were the most vibrant times of the year like her coat and colors, and she revelled in them. A faint beeze danced along, touching the grass and all around with it's touch.

Today felt to be a good day, and she was ready to face it, whatever may come. She hoped for good things out of this day, but only time would tell.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:26 am
User Image

Glitter Rock smiled, closing her eyes and lifting her face up to the warm sun which danced off of her colorful mane and tail. She felt the summer creeping in and knew it would soon be upon her. She sighed wistfully, wishing the perfect days of spring would never end. Opening her eyes she glanced around and noticed another horse some distance away. She cocked her head curiously and decided upon a cautious approach. She didn't want to repeat the mistake of charging in on a dangerous stallion. She chuckled to herself, thinking about her stupidity. Ah, well.

She stopped and called out "Hey! Glorious day!" She was just within earshot, but she remained far enough away that she could beat a hasty retreat if needed. She got a good feeling about this mare, however, and smiled warmly in her direction. She stood casually, her hair waving slightly in the breeze.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:34 am
Tigerlily turned, teal eyes on the other with a faint smile. "That it is," she said, turning more fully and trotting closer. The other mare had a bright lively cloat and mane of many colors. She also sported a horn, yet lacked the unique tail of others who did so. "It's such a beautiful day and full of life. I'm glad I'm not the only one willing to enjoy it and acknowledge it!"

She bowed her head slightly to the other. "I'm Tigerlily," she said. "A pleasure to meet you!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:43 am
She was relieved to find the mare to be pleasant company. Her grin broadened as she admired the mare's luxurious mane and tail. "Tigerlily, I am pleased to meet you as well. My name is Glitter Rock, but you can call me Glitter." She puffed her chest out in pride and threw her hair back, letting it dance in the sun. "Could it be a more perfect day? We should find some flowers!" The energetic mare made a little hop in excitement, her hooves ever moving as she shifts her weight. "Or perhaps go for a run?" She loved to be in motion, the powerful muscles in her legs always coiled and ready to propel the mare into motion.  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am
Tigerlily nodded. "Glitter is is then. I don't mind being called either Tiger or Lily for short, both are fine." Her ears perked up at hearing the word flowers. Oh how she loved them, particularly her namesake. But any of the good flowers were all a bit away from here... maybe both would work out.

"Perhaps," she mused, flicking her tail, "we could get a run in on our way to some flowers. I know some lovely gatherings of them a bit form here, very colorful, some even as much as you are!" She was only a little envious of all the colors the other sported, being very much orange, but she also enjoyed being such a rich solid hue as well. Plus, she always carried the mark fo her favorite flower, which shared her color.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:08 am
"If it's all the same to you, I'd like to call you Lily. It suits you the best." She grinned at the lovely mare before her, admiring the grace she exuded. "It a name as pretty as you are. Lead the way! I'd love to see these flowers you speak of!" She hopped sideways to come along side the orange mare. "We can race there! Just point me in the right direction." Her hind legs stomped the ground in anticipation and she grounded her front hooves. She settled her hind legs, her muscles coiled like a spring ready to snap. She flashed her new companion a playful grin. She tossed her mane behind her and out of her face, anxious to get the race underway. She didn't care who won, she just wanted the feeling of the wind in her hair and to hear the rhythmic thumping of hooves as the two ran together.  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:51 pm
Ah, the exuberance of youth, the will and energy to just go and do as one pleased... it was something that had been missing. But here, the spark was reinvigorated, ignighting from the flare. "It's that way," she said with a toss of her head towards what looked to be a small stand of trees. "On your mark... get set... go!"

She took off, an even clip that was saving energy for the whole racethen one sudden burst. She didn't care if it made her slower, it was an easier stride she loved. Aside, she wanted to see what this other mare was made of.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:03 pm
With the signal came the inevitable snap into motion, the mare's muscles working in concert to push her forward. She sensed without looking that Lily was easing herself into the race and that suited Glitter just fine. She paced the orange mare, taking no more than a stride or two's lead on her, conserving her own energy. She grinned, feeling the challenge the other mare passively placed on her. This part of the race would be uneventful, but the end! That will be the fun part when both would let go and see who truly was the winner.

Glitter made a couple of hops and zig-zagged here and there in excitement, her mane and tail streaming out behind her like the luminescent tail of a shooting star. She shook her mane and laughed, enjoying the run. She looked over to Lily with a grin. "Don't hold back at the end!" She laughed again, the sound almost lost in the thumping of hooves and the rush of air as the two ran.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:08 pm
The hair streaming in a colorful display of the other reminded her of a celebration, of life and joy, and she picked up the pace ever so slightly. "Oh I won't!" she called to the other, feeling the wind play through her hair. Sure it might not look so nice after a run, but it'd be worth it. It wasn't like she was trying to impress any guys here, and nor did she care about that now.

She focused her eyes on the goal. No, it was just a bit too early to push it. They still had too much distance. To any onlookers they were streaks of color like shooting stars in the night sky. "Hope you're ready!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:16 pm
Her grin never left her face and she did a few more hop-steps as she ran, throwing her head back happily and letting the wind rush around her face. She blinked her eyes against the air. She laughed at herself, so unable to simple run and save her energy. If she wasn't running full-tilt into something then she was hopping and dancing about as she ran, always so full of energy. She wondered vaguely if she'd have the energy to win at the end. She shrugged, unconcerned and looked over to Lily again to try to judge whether it was nearing the end.

Looking forward again a colorful spot had crept into Glitter's field of vision. She realized that had to be the flowers Tigerlily had talked about and she decided they were close enough for her own impatience. She flashed Lily a grin and started off full speed towards the spec of color.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:22 pm
Tigerlily had distracted herself just long enough watching the other she hadn't realized they were closing rapid, and watching the other mare bolt ahead. She leaned into the run, pushing herself now as the wind whiped about her, trying to catch up but knowing she liekly wouldn't. That was fine, it was all fun and games after all. This wasn't life and death here, just play. Her stride was even but watching ehr you could see the muscles gliding smoothly as she sprinted the distance, almsot feeling as thought she were no longer touching the ground.

"Better keep moving or I'll catch up!" she teased.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:50 pm
Glitter's breath came in gasps as she ran, but she didn't care. She'd be completely winded by the time she finished, but it wasn't really the point. She tucked her head down and pushed herself harder. Tigerlily was a formidable foe, Glitter's favorite type of racing partner. Her pace started to slow, but the line of flowers was so near that she refused to give in to her exhaustion now. Her pounding hooves sounded like thunder in her ears as she reached a patch of flowers and leaped it, not wanting to trample them. She skidded a ways, trying to stop her momentum.

She bucked as she stopped short in front of another patch of orange flowers. She panted a moment after settling back on the ground and dipped her head to examine the flowers more closely. Her breathing still labored she looked back to Tigerlily. "These are your namesake, aren't they?"

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:07 pm
Once she knew she was beaten she let her pace slow grandually, lest she overshoot and hit something. It was a race well fought, short but intense and had her pulse racing along. She'd missed that exhiliration - the thrill of someone there giving you a challenge. She trotted up to where the other had finally stopped, inhaling deeply from one of the flowers.

"Yes, they are," she said, turning her head to point at the design on her flank. "I find them lovely, as well, not out of any conceit though." She laughed a bit, ducking her head a moment. "Congratulations Glitter, on a well-run race and the win."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:49 pm
Glitter inhaled deeply, taking in the sweet scent of the flowers. "Ah, but they're lovely!" She chuckled and flashed Lily a broad smile. "Thank you for the race! It was great fun! Though to be honest if it had been much longer I would have lost for sure; I'm really winded." She took another deep breath, trying to calm her breathing once more. It felt good to be so winded and tired, her muscles on fire from the effort. She paced a bit, wading through the flowers and working her sore muscles a bit. She knew she'd be feeling this race tomorrow! She flashed Lily another grin. "It's ok to be a little conceited, as beautiful as you are. I'm guilty of it myself sometimes, but what can I say?" She pranced a few steps, exaggerating her movements in mock conceit and burst out laughing.  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:03 pm
"Well, conceit can be a bad thing sometimes," she said with a bit of a smirk. "You shouldn't be afraid to be, you look absolutely lovely with all those colors. I'm almost jealous!" She tossed her mane slightly, wading through the flowers carefully and stretching hr muscles to relax them again. "You remind me vaguely of some others I know - at least in having a horn but not that different tail I see most Unicorns with..." She tilted her head slightly, looking at the other.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff