Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:36 pm
User Image

It was early in the morning and all was quiet in the Pridelands. The air was cool and damp despite the arrival of the dry season, and one lioness was out for a walk with every intention of enjoying it while it lasted. With how peaceful everything was, you'd never guess that there was so much uneasiness in the lands due to the disappearance of the queen and the shaky situation with the monarch in the meantime.

Memetuka walked, aiming to start the morning quietly and calmly by the waterhole before she went off to look for Shiri and the cubs. Perhaps she might find something fun to do for the day, or might let herself be convinced to take a visit to Pride Rock with them. Whatever came later, the old lioness was sure it would be a peaceful and calm start to the day. She was sure of it.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 am
User Image

News of the prideland's royal disappearances had spread farther than amongst the pride members. Rumor went beyond the pride's lands and through the surrounding territories. While visiting a pride for rest and shelter, Abedari could not help but overhear two lions speaking of the horrible incident at the pridelands. They were fearful for their own leaders and were planning to discuss the matter with someone of higher status to ensure that they would not face the same outcome.

Inching closer, the male caught names, hearing that both the queen and her daughter had been stolen. The details of the story were a bit fuzzy, but it was enough to inspire the male to face his fears and set out towards the pridelands.

During his travels, night fell and morning came, but Abedari did not rest. Who could say how long ago this event occurred, or whether or not it was simply a rumor? While once removed, Kamiliki was Memetuka's neice and this loss must have been difficult for the lioness. Surely the pridelands would be organising some manner in which to get their royalty back!

Kieko

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:42 pm
The unsuspecting lioness was not at full attention so close to the central pride lands and her own den, she was fully convinced that there was little reason for her to be too worried about the safeness within the pride. The queen and princess had been taken, but surely whoever had done it was not foolish enough to come back to face the pride full of now angry lions. Besides, being too distressed wasn't good for anyone.

One thing she didn't ever think she was going to easily ignore or accept though, was the presence of her former mate. She might not be attentive, but it was hard to not notice the nearby blur in the quiet morning. There was so little movement, it was hard to miss- and at first she couldn't be sure who it was, and merely stared off in the distance curiously. Until she noticed something familiar about the form, about the colors, general carry.. and she tensed.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:19 pm
Memetuka had been the first to spot him and while she tensed, Abedari searched the pridelands almost nervously. He never had felt welcome in those lands, despite their strange feeling of home to him. As he entered farther into the pride, he slowed his pace as though to ensure that he did not miss the golden lioness with the beautiful amyethyst eyes.

Spotting her finally, Abedari was surprised to see that she had already seen him. She stared and he returned the gaze. Approaching slowly, Abedari instinctively kept his form low as though to show submission.

"Memetuka?" He asked finally. He had made up his mind when he heard the news. He knew that there was no way he could simply disregard Meme's missing neice and great neice. What he hadn't planned, however, was what he was going to do when he got there.

Kieko

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:26 pm
She could only stare. Her purple eyes stuck on the nearing figure, the lion from her past who kept on coming back to her. After their last meeting, she'd hoped he wouldn't come back- wondering just why he was back, why he was looking for her when he knew she didn't want to see him.

"Abedari," Meme replied quietly when he reached her and spoke, "What are you doing here?"

Memetuka did not sound very confident, she sounded as nervous as she felt, in fact.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:10 am
While Abedari had not expected any other response from Memetuka, her questions still made it even harder on the old male to come up with a reasonable response. Taking in a deep breath, Abedari took a seat a few feet away from her. There would be no warm welcome or greeting between the two. It seemed the male would have to stick to simple explanations and then be on his way.

Clearing his throat before speaking, Abedari glanced around. When he had seen Memetuka last she was in the company of a small cub that looked remarkably like her. Unable to ask, Abedari still was not sure of who birthed the cub.

"Memetuka, I.." Abedari began. Serious issues were not the male's strong point and while he longed to help, he understood that he very well may not be able to, "I heard about the kidnapping. I simply wanted to come to you and.. see if there was anything I could do?"

Kieko

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 pm
Memetuka did not need to be psychic to know he wondered about Angavu, she only needed to know that at one point they had been in love and that her granddaughter looked remarkably like her. It was part of why it had been so awkward when they last met, albeit it was a very small part in a very large and awkward mess. But Angavu was not here, and luckily none of them were- one look at Dakarai or Hodari and Abedari would know exactly who the lot were.

What Abedari said, his excuse for daring to come find her again, it surprised her. She wasn't expecting it, and she couldn't help but laugh sadly.

"Unless you can find them and bring them back," she said, "I don't think so."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:18 am
Waiting for his response, Abedari lookd Memetuka over carefully. It was not how he typically looked over females with his daring grin, but simply a way for him to make sure everything was as he remembered and that she was alright. She seemed to be in great health and much bolder than he remembered. Perhaps living in the pridelands had given her a greater confidence in herself. He was proud of her.

When Memetuka finally answered, Abedari nodded quickly. He did not know that she wasn't entirely serious with her answer, but heard a way in which he could finally express his apology. "Alright! Then sign me up!" He exclaimed, glancing about the pridelands curiously, "I'm sure someone around here has gathered a search party, right?"

And, with a more gentle expression and his ears lightly lowered, the male added, "I will do my best to find them and bring them home, Memetuka. I can't imagine how much it hurts to have them gone.."

Kieko

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:00 pm
His reaction to her suggestion surprised her, she hadn't meant it so seriously! The pride was putting together a search party, of course they would when there were so many of them around who could go.. but a rogue joining in.. Abedari being so willing to help out like that.. it was odd, it was surprising and most of all it was somewhat suspicious.

"Why would you want to do that?" she asked, taking a cautious and absent-minded step backwards. Meme did not know what else to say and couldn't help but question his motives. Trying to find reasons to talk to her was one thing, actually jumping up like you were willing to really do something was another.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:41 pm
Glancing about, as though looking for a large group forming, Abedari was caught off guard by Meme's voice. He understood Meme's surprise to his sudden willingness to help, but was confused by her question. "Why do I want to help...?" he repeated slowly, looking into Meme's eyes as though to try and understand. "Why.. because.." Abedari tried to explain, but found his gaze falter and land on his feet and his body become tense and nervous. Why couldn't she just understand? Had so much really changed between them? Perhaps Abedari's actions were demonstrated in vain, but it was his last attempt to mend what was once between them.

Taking in a deep breath, Abedari finally returned his gaze to Meme's face and did his best to explain. "Meme I.. I want to show you how sorry I am for everything that's happened in the past. I can't change what's already been done, but I can make an attempt to start a brighter future?" Abedari had tried desperately to work a way in which he wouldn't have to explain himself. He expected his offer to surprise Meme, but believed the lioness would know why he was so eager to help. By the tone of his short speech, it was evident that the old male still held onto the hope that Meme hadn't entirely given up on him.

Kieko

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:23 pm
Her confused, violet gaze never left Abedari even when he looked around. It too all of her self-control not to look way when he looked back at her, but his eyes seemed incapable of staying on her when she asked. He looked hurt, he looked confused- she had an idea why. Actions did speak louder than words. However, that applied to both actions past and present. His past actions had brought his trustworthiness into question, her own past actions should have been enough to scare him off too. Why was she so stubborn when he was incapable of seeing it?

When he apologized, she realized she'd been holding her breath and let out a sigh. She didn't even know what exactly he was apologizing for, he didn't know she knew he had abandoned Shiri. Everything they both knew she assumed was all her own fault, or leading up to her leaving it was not just the fault of one of them.

"Ok," she said, cautiously continuing and obviously still somewhat suspicious though she meant no offense by it, "What do you expect- what do you want in return?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:09 am
Memetuka's last question was almost too much for the male the bear. With his ears laying flat atop his head and his tail making it's way between his legs, the male appeared as a complete coward before the female. Like she expected, he looked away once again, as though looking into her eyes only reminded him of all he had done. While Abedari did not know Meme knew of his actions, he had all his guilt on his own conscience.

Clearing his throat, Abedari tried to gather himself before Meme. It took a moment, but in the brief silence, the male stood tall and cleared his throat a few times in preparation. Once he was ready, he turned to view Meme again, intent on respecting her as he spoke.

"I do not want anything more than your forgiveness once I return." And upon that note, the male turned and began in search of the pridelander officials.

Kieko

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 pm
Meme herself was very tense, her ears flattened as she looked at her former mate suspiciously- and feeling very guilty for being suspicious and for asking such a question when he was offering to help. But she had to be suspicious, she didn't want to lead him on and she didn't want to get herself into any more trouble than she was already. She opened her mouth to speak again just as Abedari managed to collect himself, put himself back together with confidence. At that moment she almost seemed to cower, but she stood her ground as he said he only wanted forgiveness and he walked off.

She watched him go, standing there, stunned. It took her a moment to realize she had stopped breathing, and with a sudden gasp for air she turned and shakily walked away, heading back for the den.

Fin.  
[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff