User Image

This was niice. Very, very nice. Xian .Poo flicked his tail, soft fur swishing neatly as he placed a paw on a rock, standing to peer at a herb that'd began to grow above a rock. "See, Bongo. THIS is a great place to find stuff, don't you think? " It was odd that he'd simply walked into it, perhaps. The highlands were further off than most other prides, and it was pretty isolated, in fact. He'd perhaps been following the fresh smell.

Xian Poo wasn't an ordinary leopard. He loved fur, when it was soft and pretty. He'd also spent time in captivity-- and it was from humans that he'd gotten the idea of mixing.. things. And helping out his fur. anyone else, too-- after all, it didn't hurt to leave the world a little prettier.

User Image

"Don't get too excited yet, " The ratel wrinkled his nose, digging around in the dirt. there wouldn't be much dirt soon enough, this place was pretty damn rocky. "I haven't seen any bees yet, " He folded his small ears backwards, looking grumpily to the leopard.

"Its not like we can get honey without them. "

User Image

Rocky indeed, but for now they weren't so high, there was quite a bit of foliage, and the new "king" of the lands didn't.. not notice these trespassers. For now, however, Ahali kept to the shadows. He knew the pride wasn't large just yet, which was why, for now, there weren't so strong scent markers, or a very effective way to keep trespassers out-- for now the worry was still focused on adapting to the lands.

He'd still have popped up by now, however.. But.. this was a leopard. Afu had said it before; this landscape couldn't be that different from their trees. He was waiting for an opportune moment, and watching this guy.

"So, you like our plants? " He said suddenly, seeming to pop out of nowhere.

Xian jumped, ears perking in surprise as his bangs fell over his eyes, tail twitching. "Where did you come from?! " He hissed slightly, fur ruffling up. He hated when that happened-- so annoying to brush it back into place! However, Xian wasn't particularly afraid of lions, and soon enough sat, settling down and brushing the tip of his tail over his fur.

"You startled me. " He muttered.

"OI! " Bongo was a ratel, and typically, short tempered. "Whaddya want, eh?! Sneakin' up on people like dat! Is not right. " He growled, not bothering to try and relax his fur. Ironically, unlike his partner Bongo didn't care for his fur; and besides, Xian could fuss over that himself.

"So you've got a bodyguard, " Ahali quirked a brow at the ratel and moved closer, not seeming the least bit worried. "I'd have to ask you that. " He smirked at the badger. "These are my lands. Ignored the scent, did you? " He yawned. Although not strong, they were certainly there.

He eyes Xian Poo. "I am Ahali'bagawa. And you didn't answer my question. "

Xian twitched the edge of his lips when the lion addressed the ratel, knowing full well that Bongo would try to hurt him. Ratel were famous for their stubbornness, and fearlessness. Bongo was particularly keen on this, and it was a good thing he hadn't gone for the lion yet; Ahali'bagawa was.. downright enormous, to him, anyway. He was that guy your kid stopped to stare at in awe before moving on.

"Xian Poo, " He twitched his tail tip patiently. "And he's Bongo. " The leopard nodded towards the ratel. "And yes, the herbs. I use them. Sorry for trespassing. If you wish, we'll leave. " He shot a glare Bongo's way, just in case of an objection.

Bongo puffed up, just about ready to give the lion a nice bite in the paw-- before shooting a glance back at Xian, and folding his ears backward, moving to the leopards side and plopping down next to him, looking moodily away. "For the fur, " He grumbled.

"I see. " Ahali's whiskers twitched, and for the first time he decided to examine the male leopard's appearances. While not being much of a fur person himself, he could tell, this guy's fur did seem rather.. soft, well groomed. Even his ratels' looked nice, despite still ruffled. While he didn't care for it himself... Afu might.

So he used it for the fur. "You use the herbs. Mix them? " He asked casually.

"Yes, " Xian Poo's own whiskers flicked slightly, brows raising. Why was he so curious? "Why do you ask? "

Bongo's eyes flicked to the large lion, then he motioned for Xian to lower hies head, cupping his paws to whisper in his direction. "Oi, he might want your "servyceis". "

He twitched his tail tip, watching the ratel, slightly amused. Interesting little things, they were. "Curious. " he answered, looking back at the leopard. "See, there are much more deeper into the territory. " He shrugged. "I think my mate would like to hear some of this fur stuff. " Afu had always seemed a little bit vain to him, she certainly liked some spoiling.

"If you wish to stay for a while, that is. "

He had a feeling, somehow that he'd like this guys mate. And the herbs-- it seemed likely this lion was telling the truth. "Oh really? " He stood up. "I'd very much like to! " He ignored Bongo's small protesting stomp to his tail, though he swished his tail as if to get the fur back into place.

"Is this offer for now or later? "

"Xiaaaan.. " Bongo grumbled, but stood anyway, still eying Ahali suspiciously.

"Anytime you want. " He smiled, standing up. By the leopard's body language, he assumed he wouldn't mind going now. "Shall we head that way? " He raised a paw, motioning behind him to indicate more towards the heart of the pride. Sure enough, in the center, there were some nice spots with little gardens of sorts.

"Alright! " Xian Poo picked up pace, moving to walk a few feet behind the lion, allowing him to lead the way. "I think I might like it here. " He smiled. "Don't be surprised if you can't get rid of me later. " Herbs were ooh so tempting.

Bongo was already grumbling, keeping pace with the leopard's hind paws, seeming to be complaining aobut whatever weather the highlands was gonna have.

"That's not a problem. "

-fin-