[PRP] Coming to Your Rescue [Louie & Meera]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jjjjjustin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:20 pm
User Image

The pale figure stood pensively waiting in a clearing near the forest. It wasn't often he ventured out from his normal dwelling, for he needed to make sure there was an adequate supply... in case he got thirsty. It was different though, it was as if something was drawing him here tonight. It could be his desire for companionship, or something else. So long had he separated himself from others to protect them, to protect who he really was.

It wasn't exactly part of his nature to just go out and socialize. For the most part Louie was quick to see through others, and didn't stand for bull shitting. It was rough being a monster, not knowing when or how you could snap and hurt someone. Delicately, he waited, and wondered what would happen...

Could anyone learn to love a beast? Could anyone be willing to take a chance? Was Louie willing to take a chance?

He wasn't sure. So, as normal he decided he'd keep his little 'secret' a secret for now. He let out a sigh filled with exasperation. It was irritating not ever knowing what to do.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Though it hadn't been easy, the small mare had successfully dragged herself to the nearby woods. While it didn't offer her a lot of protection, it was certainly better than being out in the open where her father and that Skinwalker still fought. She wanted to rest but knew she could not. She needed to get as far away as possible. The wounds on her knees and wing were still bleeding and the pain was becoming unbearable.

She managed to move a couple more inches before exhaustion overcame her and she collapsed. Though her mind stayed alert, her body won over and took claim to the rest it so readily sought. She could no longer see the fight but she hoped that her father would win. She didn't want to die like that other mare had. It was so terrible what the Skinwalker did to her. Surely after all she's been through, fortune would smile down on her just this once?  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

jjjjjustin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:49 am
Louie watched as the female struggled, helplessly. The blood flowed slowly, but steadily from her. The rich smell of it pierced his nostrils, but he was entirely torn. He'd been working so hard to be 'normal', to not be the beast they all thought him to be. One part of him wanted to go use his unicorn magic to heal her, to save her. However, the inner vampire wanted to finish her off. That wouldn't be right, preying off something already weak and unable to fight back. Louie liked a challenge.

Silently, and stealthily he moved over towards her. Noticing for the first time the interesting combination of the wings of an angeni, and the tail of a kalona. He bent down to the ground to be closer to her, and moved his hooves over her wounds. In a calm and reassuring voice he whispered into her ear, "Don't worry." He was lost for words, and his head was pounding. How could he let himself pass up the blood and the opportunity for a feast? Although she was the one physically dying, he wasn't sure if he was mentally going to be unscathed. He was a failure. A true vampire would not pass up that sort of thing.

He felt like he just lost an entire piece of his identity. A real vampire wouldn't have just passed on the opportunity to sate their every sanguinary desires. A little piece of his conscience told him that he did the right thing. That it wasn't this mare's time. "What am I thinking... I'm not here to play god."

Utterly distraught, he took a few steps away from the mare. It wasn't supposed to be like this. The decision was already made, and he needed to stay with her now. It was so foreign to him, all of these un-vampiric feelings. Had feeding on the smaller animals really softened his disposition?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:11 am
It wasn't the first time that a unicorn had come to her aid but this one certainly was different. She spent enough time with dark stallions to be able to recognize one when she saw it. Why did he help her? It was as confusing as her father risking his life to fight a Skinwalker, just to get the beast off her. Her legs were still sore but she was able to push herself back up into a standing position. In several days and a lot of practice, she might even be able to run again!

She flapped her wings to test them out and they felt good as new. The damage there was not as severe as the wounds on her legs. "I don't know what to say," she started. Though it didn't work for everyone, the softness of her angelic voice usually calmed the darkest devils. It had been what kept her father from finishing her off so long ago. "My name is Meera.. and I am in your debt." She lowered her head in a bow-like greeting and turned to stare back from where she had crawled.

She hoped her father was doing well. Though he had been little more than a terrible monster to her.. she didn't want him to die at her own expense. Though she was safer now, she didn't feel entirely comfortable around the unicorn.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

jjjjjustin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:46 am
Louie's eyes darted rapidly from Meera to his own hooves as if questioning if he did what he was supposed to. A strange feeling began to overwhelm him, but he couldn't quite pinpoint what it exactly was. It was foreign, whatever it was. What would Caine do if he saw the sudden outburst in chivalry? Louie didn't even want to think about the ridicule and everything else that would come if his brother found out what he'd done.

When the female flapped her wings Louie jumped up, and was quite startled. Healing her had put him into a shaky state, because everything was changing. He didn't know why he did it, but then he thought back to his meeting with his brother. Louie was beginning to feed on the lesser animals in attempt to become more like them, but barely normal. It certainly wasn't normal to start freaking out and acting even more removed once you had helped someone. Louie, already standing after being startled by the female flapping her wings, walked closer to her and examined her wings. For a moment he stood their in awe. The wings of an angel, the angeni, but this female was different. As his examination proceeded he noticed her tail, which was spaded like that of a Kalona. This was a good sign, because possibly not all of her was as good as Louie thought. However, this was quickly dismissed. Just by looking at her he could tell she was pure, and innocent.

"You don't know what to say? I don't even know where to begin." Louie sighed, and watched her look from where she dragged her bloody body from. At least he wasn't babbling and incoherent anymore, just lost for what to do. "Meera, what a beautiful name. However, I don't believe you owe anything to me. I just think this was a happy coincidence, and I was in the right place at the right time." As soon as he said this all he wanted to do was kick himself, because he knew that wasn't the truth. Clearly he had two options, and for some strange reason unknown to him he chose to help the mare in distress.

All of it was giving him a headache, and he wanted to just go back to the land that he and his brother shared and drain a squirrel lifeless. For someone that had purposely isolated himself from others his entire existence he was having a hard time with conversation.

"I'm Louie."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:42 pm
"I do grow weary of being the damsel in distress," she admitted awkwardly, "but it seems I have a knack for attracting trouble of the worst sort. I had been attacked by a Skinwalker. I think.. I think my father may still be fighting him." It was odd calling him her father. They were not the least bit close but he had helped her, regardless of if his intentions had been good or not.

"Thank you, Louie," she stated, barely above a whisper. Her legs still hurt and it was hard not to wince when she tried to take a few steps. There was no way she'd be able to travel home as quickly as she would like. Even flying was out of the question for she needed to take off at a run to build up the momentum and even considering landing on her legs caused her body to respond in pain. Her legs were not strong enough. The landing would collapse her, perhaps even break them again. No, she had to rest for a few days, let her legs become stronger again but she did not know this part of the land. She really did not know what to do. She could go out to be with her father but what if he had only spared her because he felt she should die by his own hooves instead of that of the Skinwalker. It was possible... he had tried to kill her once before.

"Do.. you know this area well, Louie?," she dared to hope. In no way would she expect some stranger to take care of her. He seemed as put off by their situation as she but it wouldn't hurt to hope that he knew where some food was or maybe a nice place for her to rest for awhile. If she took careful steps, it might not be so bad unless it was far away. She wasn't sure how long she would be able to stand before he body demanded rest. It still felt like every part of her body ached but at least she could stand, she could walk. She owed the stallion her life.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

jjjjjustin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:18 am
Louie closed his eyes as she talked, and listened to her sweet melodic voice. Part of him was disgusted with how normal he was letting himself act, but the other part of himself didn't give a damn anymore. He didn't know much about skinwalkers, but he knew that they were nothing to take lightly. He now understood just how she ended up in this broken state. Unsure of what to do when she said that they could still be fighting, he took a few steps back from the mare. Was he supposed to go out there and help her father? A strange feeling tugged at his stomach again, and he felt that he should probably remain with Meera. It would be stupid to leave her out and vulnerable again, so he remained close.

He watched her again, and realized that she was in no condition to be pushed back out on her own. He needed to stay with her, to make sure her recovery was successful. He nodded again when she thanked him.

"I... I know the area fairly well." He watched as the sun peeked through the branches of the forest and onto her fur. Even when it was mangled with blood and dirt, he could still sense the beauty within her. She needed protection, and Louie knew he could provide that to some extent. It was all happening so fast, and he didn't know why he was doing it. If he could take care of her, he could prove that he had power over himself, to discipline himself, to resist.

"You don't need to worry, Meera. I'm not going anywhere."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:00 pm
She didn't feel safe with Louie. All the warning signs continued to go off in her head, but he did seem more genuine than the two stallions fighting in the clearing nearby. His company was preferable to being alone. She was tired of being alone. Bad things happened to her whenever she was alone, but she refused to be daunted by it. She liked being alone sometimes. It wasn't her fault she attracted the worst sort of attention, was it?

Perhaps it was easier to not care because he was handsome. If she were to die by another, it could be a pretty one at least. That Skinwalker was so ugly and scarred up. She shuddered to think about it. If Louie wanted to kill her though, he would have. She had to remind herself of that as often as possible. Perhaps if she told herself that enough times, she would stop being so afraid.

"Water would be nice," she offered, in case he was looking for an idea. She was very thirsty. Water seemed so inviting at the moment and it would be nice to wash the blood, sweat and dirt from her body. She probably didn't smell very nice. The idea embarrassed her a great deal. He probably thought her to be a complete mess. At least she had a good reason for it though it didn't help her feel much better.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items