Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Soccer Season: How do I get in shape?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fleur_Seduisant

3,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:01 pm
I really want to get in shape this summer for varsity soccer at my middle school. I wanna make the team this year instead of getting stuck on JV.

I plan on running everyday, in the morning around my neighborhood, eating more healthy so I can. I also wanna work my abs and arms so that I don't have muscular legs and a wimpy upper bod. Plus, it swimsuit season, DUH

If you are a soccer player, I would love to hear your tips, or if you aren't if you have any good workout tips, so that I don't dread it, or ways to make it more effective.

Thnks for your help! (that is, if you do help wink )  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:49 am
wow u seem pretty motivated eek

well running.. obvious

buttt u might want to also try doing some footskills.. that can also get u pretty conditioned  

Suge_da

Casting Pearls night

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:44 am
yeah i definitly need help with this too. not just to make varsity, but just to even be able to make it through tryouts.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:40 am
Hey, I found this "Nike Soccer Boot Camp" thing that you sign up for and they send you videos of the drills. you only need like three days a week and you can keep track of your progress.

Here's the link:

Nike Soccer Boot Camp  

Casting Pearls night

EccentricArtistry

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 am
1.Soccer Camp.
2.Treadmills and the Gym.
3.Don't eat pie.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:17 am
Practice these:

1) Running a mile a day then try to run an extra mile or more if you are up to the challenge yourself. (Timing yourself is also a god challenge)
2) Practice kicking the ball either far, in the air, or a pass
3) Practice Defense a bit. Eve offense has to learn to defend the ball and goal
4) Stay hydrated and stay away from to much junk food because it slows you down and makes you tire easily

BTW I play soccer too FTW  

Rokvothzin

Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

yummeh-applesauces

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:08 pm
Lol, you're in my boat... except for I'm not as motivated for Varsity as you are. I'm pleased to be in JV, actually, but that's not the point.

There's a girl in my grade, she's really good with ball handling, and her stamina is amazing. In gym, she is almost always at the front when we run the mile... she is just perfect, in shape.

She has told people that she actually goes to the gym to work out, she's gone to the gym long before we even went to the middle school.

It's very rare that a 7th grader makes the Varsity team. And she did it.

I'm not sure what to tell you, especially seeing as you requested for help in May, and it's September (XD XD). I made the JV team, due to sitting out during double sessions because of a pulled hamstring. It hurt so much, I could barely move everytime I tried to run. I wasn't very much in shape, I must admit.

But I actually ran three miles without stopping on the fourth day of double sessions, a very triumphant day for me, lmao.

I have gotten so much in shape from soccer though, all the running and all the drills we've done, lol.

I hope you acheived your goal, and if not, just keep running, keep working out, don't let yourself sit around for a long period of time. (Meaning don't be a couch potato during xmas vacation!!! ^^))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:49 pm
Hit the gym.  

Enfynity

Lady_Lavoshire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:29 pm
Super old. And prolly worthless now. But running, doing exercises with one of those giant balls. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:18 pm
Find a punching bag, and kick it. . . . . ALOT!!
It helps with balance, coordination, and helps build muscle. Plus its more fun that just plain working out and running.

WobbleJWeebles

11,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

ac milan all the way

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:05 am
im a pro soccer player my name is nesta