[Class - Melee] Earako: Shurikenjutsu [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuyoja
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:41 pm
It had taken him a while to figure out this ...girls class. Reading the notes from previous teachers she had taken a ahnd to hand combat class...as well taken some archery. Kuyoja had no training in Archery, though he was familar with Shurikenjutsu the use of throwing blades. He wondered if perhaps that may interest the young woman. Setting up some targets, traditional bulls eye as well stuffed straw dummies as well positioning the matts accordingly he moved over to take a drink of water.

After a glance at the clock he decided to stretch a bit whle waiting for his student. There was still time after all. He wondered if she had been to this gymnasium before. Well he would find out soon enough. If she were on time he would be happy, nothing suited him better than punctuality.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:03 am
Earako had matured a bit since she'd first started her combat classes. Or, at the very least, she no long tried to take them in long dresses with dramatic trailing sleeves. Which wasn't to say that the appearance obsessed batling hadn't spent some time fussing over her outfit. She wore sleek black slacks and a close fitting long sleeved shirt with a high collar that didn't obstruct her movement. There were hints of lace at her collar, and the cuffs of her pants, and the shirt was silk, but still. At least she was trying.

Even now, the albino bat girl wasn't a huge fan of combat classes, but the paranoia that had been growing in her for some time was motivation enough to see that she studied her bow and with guns at regular intervals. She reminded herself of these facts as she made her way toward her combat class. Sure, she failed at hand to hand in most forms, but she would do better this time. Maybe. If the teacher wasn't too mean.

For some reason, it seemed like D-corp teachers didn't always like her much.

Readjusting her sunglasses, she took a breath and entered the gym. "Excuse me?" She called out in her whispery, hesitant voice. "I'm here for my combat class?"  

lithle

Kuyoja
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:47 am
Kuyoja observed his student quietly, his stagnant expression would come off as uncaring as he carefully observed the girl who looked quite nervous. Giving a nod of his head her beckoned her into the room. One would note the absence of shoes on the man, only athletic wraps were in there sted. A traditional gi wrapped around his body, as well hand wraps on his hands showed that he did indeed take his profession seriously.

He thought her clothes were a bit showy, having taken note of the bits of lace, he had a strong feeling melee wasn't her strongest point.

"I read over your file, it seems you have only done a bit of combat classes before. Hand to hand and...some archery." He commented as he adjusted his glasses on his face. He for one was also surprised this girl didn't bring her dragon, most children did. It caused him to wonder if she had one. She certainly looked older enough to have received one.

"I cannot continue your education in archery, I do not have the proper training to take on such a task, but I could interest you in Shurikenjutsu; the art of throwing blades or we can continue in your training of hand to hand combat. Or...." he turned back to his student his eyes coolly looking her over. "You can suggest what you want to learn."

He left it open for her. She seemed the type who was uncomfortable with any sort of physical activity, perhaps it would be best to let her decide what to do. At least she could be more comfortable then.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Earako seemed to collapse in on herself as she entered the room. Her wings opened up, then wrapped tightly around her slight form, a protective shield. She wished she had Vimber. Males in general made her uncomfortable, accepting Dad and some old friends. But the male D-corp teachers made her a special brand of scared. But Vimber had snapped at Tansi, and so she was grounded. Dad said maybe the red dragon would learn her lesson if she learned that her actions left Earako to face situations like this alone.

But Earako didn't like facing situations alone.

"Sir, I am sure you know what would be best." She stated meekly, her head lowered. "I would be happy to learn the use of a new weapon."

And that, of course, was true. She wanted to feel safe, and something small like a blade would be comforting at those times that a gun or a bow weren't appropriate.  

lithle

Kuyoja
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:17 am
Kuyoja ceritanly wasn't the more friendly of teachers, his stern appearance was only recomfirmed as he strode towards her quietly. His feet padded across the floor silently. He noticed she was nervous, her wings in front of her as if it were acting as a shield.

"You should look your teacher in the eye my dear. There is nothing to fear here. I will not hurt you, nor will I let you get hurt yourself." Though his words in a sense were comforting, coming from Kuyoja ...didn't have the same effect. He looked her over again standing a few feet away from her and then nodded his head.

"I believe learning Shurikenjutsu, will be for your benefit. Since..it looks like you prefer to keep your distance when it comes to combat we will expand on your range techniques." Nodding his head he moved away from her his imposing form slowly padding to a table were he picked up one of the throwing blades. It looked very similar to a iron rod that tapered into a blade on one end.

"This will be your weapon of choice. The blade is sharp, but there is only one way of learning to throw these..by using the weapon itself. You may wrap your hands in tape, to prevent any real damage to yourself. Be prepared for nicks and small cuts." He warned before replacing the weapon onto the table and gesturing to the athletic tape that also was placed on the table.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:19 pm
It wasn't Kuyoja's countenance that intimidated Earako, nor was it his sternness. Used to 'family' that scolded and screamed, it took a lot to phase her on that level. No, it was merely the fact that he was male, and a D-corp teacher. As such, the reassurance had little effect, either in the positive or the negative, though she obediently lifted her eyes when told to do so.

She peered at the blade through her dark glasses, her expression a mix of curiosity and caution. It didn't look friendly... or pretty. She liked her bow better, on a simple physical level. She had chosen a pretty silver and black one and... she was getting distracted.

She tended to do that when she was nervous.

"Yes, sir." Was the only verbal response she made to his words. And then she moved to the table, carefully wrapping her hands in the tape. She did it with surprising efficiency, showing the dexterity of one who often dealt with fabrics, even if she rarely had reason for this particular use.

"I'm ready sir."  

lithle

Kuyoja
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:20 pm
Observing her whilst she readied herself to use the weapons he nodded his satisfaction and then picked up a few of the sharpened blades, he gestured for the girl to follow suit.

Without a word he moved towards the targets the standard bulls eye target set up directly ahead of him. He turned back to the girl before speaking.

"The blade or Bo‐shuriken as its actual name is; will rotate if you grasp the edge of them and throw it out. In this class you will learn how to through the weapon properly so you can control the spin. A weapon hitting the target on its side will of course have little effect."

He then gestured her to come closer.

"In most schools that teach this art, the position of holding the weapon is altered slightly. He placed the weapon in his hand and showed how one was to hold it. Placing it in the center of his hand he then used his pointer finger to lay along side the side of the weapon and his thumb tucked over the hilt to keep it in place.

"Now let me see you hold it."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:42 am
Earako obediently selected a few weapons for herself, her expression falling finally from nervousness to cold detachment. She could do that, if she tried hard enough. She just put herself somewhere else, and let her body keep on running. It made her better at things in a way, as her thoughts didn't get all tangled in the moment. Like this, her hands didn't shake as she picked up the blades. Like this, she followed the teacher with a strange silent grace.

The bullseye was a familiar sight, making the whole exercise seem a bit more like something she'd done before. There was confidence to be gained from that.

With the dark glasses she wore, it was difficult to tell where her gaze was directed, but nonetheless, it was the teacher she watched, her fingers moving to mimic his before she even introduced the blade, practicing the form, finding the shape of it.

When she did attempt it with the blade in hand, her small dexterous hands quickly found something quite close to the proper position. Oh, her hold was a bit stiff, and her thumb was higher than it should have been, but it wasn't a bad attempt.

She couldn't take a hit. She couldn't walk in sunlight without a shield. And even the light indoors bothered her eyes. But she was good with her hands.  

lithle

Kuyoja
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:51 pm
Kuyoja watched her the same detached expression as hers. They could make a terrible duo if they were ever actually put in a team together, but he was the teacher not her partner.

It was awkward to figure out where she was looking but he trusted she was paying attention as she found a similar hold as to the one he had shown her.

Moving in closer her pointed at her thumb and then explained how it was a bit too high, but other than that she had done very well. His voice was soft, as if the idea of causing an echo in the gym would be a horrendous crime.

He then moved back and took his own blade in hand and showed the girl in slow motion how to throw it.

"Your thumb acts as your stop and brake for the weapon. And your palm becomes the runway for the blade to travel down when you throw it." He indicated as he moved his hand up into the air and then slowly broke it back down in an arc.

"You have to judge at what point you release the blade from your hand. Too soon and it will head for the ceiling, too low and it will plant itself into the ground." He explained and then turned towards a target and demonstrated.

The movement was nearly a blur, but the blade went straight and true, though was not a bullseye it was fairly close. The man hadn't done this particular technique in a while. He then turned back to Earako.

"Now I want you to practice, once you run out of the twelve blades here we will see where your progress shall go."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:00 am
Earako, or what remained of her, frowned down at her hand as he explained the adjustments to be made, moving her thumb obediently, and then silently studying the new form, getting an idea of the look and feel of how it was supposed to be.

She'd grown quiet now, her reaction to his instruction a firm but silent nod. And, as he explained the throwing the blade she was equally still, a statue of plain white plaster watching his every movement with silent regard. Transfering the blade to her other hand, but holding the pose for her hand, she mimed his motions, finding, once again, the appropriate look and feel.

"Yes, sir." Was all that was said when she received instruction to begin, and she moved.

Transferring the blade to her dominate hand, she fell still, studying the target and getting a general sense of the room. Too high, ceiling. Too low, floor. This would not be like shooting a bow.

Her first throw went wild, traveling end over end instead of straight, and landing surprisingly near the target despite that, with a clunk. The second, made only after she followed the motion through without throwing the blade, flew more true, though it planted itself in the ground in front of the target.

Third and fourth both soared on a relatively appropriate trajectory, but missed the target. The fifth though, planted itself firmly near where it was aimed, burying itself in one of the bullseye outer rings. Earako nodded silently to herself at that.

Of course, the sixth missed, sailing over the target. But the seventh hit it's upper edge, and the eighth moved inward from that. Both the ninth and tenth hit the target, though they too stayed near the upper edge of it. The eleventh, at last, got near the bullseye, not hitting it, nor getting as near as he had, but closer than her other attempts.

The twelfth she fumbled the fingering, and once again sent the blade traveling end over end. It hit the target on its side, bounces off, and clattered to the floor.

Somewhere in all this, she'd knicked her finger slightly, but she seemed unconcerned.  

lithle

Kuyoja
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:29 am
Kuyoja watched with interest as the girl performed her task without the slightest hesitation. She seemed much more distant now and though he questioned why this had occured he didn't bother to ask what was the problem. She was doing what he had asked of her there was no sense trying to play psyciatrist with her.

"Very good for your first try." He said as he moved back over to the stand with more blades on it. Picking up another grouping he moved back over to Earako.

"It takes practice, mostly you learn from experience the best timing to let loose the blade. But you can't always let that become routine. THe point of this skill is to be able to aim at any target; weither it be moving or stationary, up high or down low." He continued showing another arch of his arm throwing another blade which hit the target again close to where his first shot was.

"Until you get the idea of your range and direction we will focus on stationary targets. Then move onto placed targets, where you will have to aim for certian heights and positions." He explained taking note the small cuts on her fingers that she hadn't mentioned. Well at least she wasn't afriad to get hurt.

"After that we will learn to aim for straw dummies. I will show you the weak points you should aim for to help you gain the advantage in a fight." He continued as if he already expected that the girl would come back for a second or third class with him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:05 pm
If Earako heard the praise, or found it etifying, it certainly didn't show on her face. There were those that she would giggle and blush for, in the right mood. But she wasn't in that place now. She wasn't even there. She was only the bits of her that could listen and obey, and those parts didn't have 'accept praise' wired in.

So she listened, nodding when appropriate, and mentally noting the suggested practice and advancement routine so that she could explain it to Father later. He liked it when she learned new weapon styles. He would be helpful. Her gaze followed him as he threw another knife, noticing the point it hit on the target, though there was no way for him to know that.

And when he finished speaking, Earako waited, for further instruction. He hadn't told her to do anything. When none came, she considered, analized, and found a question.

"And where will I find blades to practice with?" She didn't think her Father had any in his collection, though he'd find them, if she asked.  

lithle

Kuyoja
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:03 am
Moving back to the tray he picked up one of the bundles of blades and rolled them up in their leather coverings. He then moved back to the girl and handed them to her.

"These will be your practive blades. They arn't as sharp as regular ones but I can't risk you cutting a tendon by accident." He explained before giving her a nod of his head.

"You can either say and continue practicing here or you may borrow a target and practice at home. You need to practive at least once a day for thirty minutes if you wish to improve. Now will I be seeing you in the future for more classes?" He asked wondering if the girl was really that interested in the class.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:41 am
Earako considered the blades for a moment, eyeing their leather covering thoughtfully. Finally, after apparently weighing her options she licked the blood off her fingers and took them with care. She did not like to stain things. And well, the young vampire bat had never been opposed to the taste of blood.

"Thank you. I will be careful." That same cold, distant tone, but she could be polite. She always was. "We have targets at home, for archery and shooting. Will those be suitable?"

She did not want to stay, not if she didn't have to. Somewhere buried in the back of her mind she still remained fearful and cowering. And the longer she held it back, the worse the response when she allowed its return.

"If you feel I could show some ability, I will return."  

lithle

Kuyoja
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:48 am
Looking her over the teacher nodded his head.

"Yes archery targets would be suitable. But be warned the targets will be in pretty rough shape once you ware done with the blades." He cautioned as he wouldn't want the girl to wreck her own equipment when he had many he could just lend her.

"Like all my students I wouldn't invite you back if I didn't believe you had the skill to progress forward. I look forward to seeing how well you have advanced the next we meet." It was strange his combinations of words looking forward and his blank unemotional face.

But one could gather by his tone that the class was dismissed.

[Trashbin]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games