[PRP] My Love...Wait, You WHAT?! (Halia/Aureate) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Something didn't feel right today...

As the spring sun spread its light over a verdant land, Halia was plagued by a nameless uneasiness, a seemingly unreasonable thing. She wanted to see Aureate so badly...their last meeting had been so sweet that she had been reluctant to watch him soar away. It had been long enough that her longing was becoming a tangible ache, a withdrawal from the love of her dark singer. Raising her head from desultory nibbling of the spring grasses, she scanned the sky hoping to catch a glimpse of her love.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:41 pm
User Image

Emerald branches whispered overhead, rich thick grass caressing knees and fetlocks, tugging at the flow of his mane and tail... The wind whispering around him... Aureate paced loose circles around a silent clearing he visited every time he needed to think in peace. More often than not, he was elsewhere. He'd never really had many cares... Nothing that a swift spiral into the cool high winds wouldn't cure... But today, no matter how high he flew... How dramatic the aerial spectacle... How deep the dive...
Nothing helped.
He needed to talk to Halia... And she probably wouldn't like what he had to say... Heck, he didn't even like what he had to say.. Or at least, how he had to say it... He was over the moon about being a father... But... He was still rather young, and unsure of if he was ready...
"Stop, or you'll talk yourself out of it..." He snarled to himself, snapping his wings open. The backlash of wind ripped several delicate petals from their flowers, raining down on him.
He ignored it, shaking himself and leaping into the air. A few powerful strokes of his great wings saw him rising steadily into his first love, the swift winds of the high skies... He embraced the cool air, sighing as it chilled the sweat that had darkened his ebony haunches and shoulders. It was not hard to direct his wings to the only place his heart wanted to be.
Slowly spiraling out of the air, his breath caught in his chest at the sight of that dear figure...
Landing with little more than a ripple to the grass now beneath his hooves, Aure folded his wings and eyed the sunset hued mare. His midnight voice was heavy and a little sad when he softly sang her name. "Halia."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:12 pm
Ears rotating towards the familiar, beloved voice, Halia whirled, a joyous expression lighting up her features. "Aure!" With a smooth leap forward, she nestled herself against him, laying her own neck over his shoulders in an embrace. "Oh, how I've missed you..." A flicker of concern entered her mind as she felt the sweat on his chest, but she dismissed it. It was a perfectly reasonable thing if he'd been flying, wasn't it? "You're doing alright?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:22 pm
His heart almost stopped at the joy on her face, the trust she had put in him. He was not worthy of it, never had been... Never even would be. Especially not after this. A great miss-step on his life path.
It was hard not to wrap himself around his dearest one and just wish the rest away... Pretend like nothing was wrong... But he couldn't lie like that... Not to anyone, much less someone who meant as much as Halia.
"Hello beautiful." He murmured gently, allowing himself to stroke a lock of her mane with his muzzle. "I... I am healthy, yes..."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:35 pm
"...Just healthy?" Halia pulled back a little, pale eyes searching his own deeper azure ones. Why did he sound so uncertain? Worry fluttered in her stomach again, a bit stronger this time. "Surely you're doing better than that, aren't you? Or is something the matter?" Reaching her muzzle forward, she nuzzled at him reassuringly.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:49 pm
Aureate flicked one wing, the move barely a shrug. He wasn't sure where he would find the courage to tell her the truth, but he wouldn't let himself keep this a secret. He accepted her carress with a soft rumble of gratitude, well aware that after this, she might shun him.
"Halia... There is something I need to tell you... Something that I do not want to say, but I fear keeping this a secret would hurt you more than the truth..." He stepped away from her, tension singing through his form. "And I am most reluctant to hurt you at all... But, I cannot undo this."
He turned back to her, eyes sad. "If you never wish to see me again, I understand. But I will always have feelings for you, unworthy though they may be."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:56 pm
Halia stilled, suddenly able to hear little else save the loud beating of her own heart. Ba-thump, ba-thump, ba-thump... "Never...want to see you again?" she repeated, bewildered. "Why would I...what have you done? What is so terrible that you could think such a thing of me?" Everything felt so surreal, as though she were walking in a dream...and Halia feared that it would get worse before it got better. The butterflies were only intensifying, beating at the insides of her stomach with leaden wings. "Tell me..."  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:05 pm
Aureate almost laughed, bitterness welling up inside him. What could be so terrible? Only he could do something like this... Only he could mess up something so perfect. Looking at her, all he wanted to do was make everything right. But there wasn't really a way to.
"I... Am soon to become a father." He said softly, seeing no way to say it well... And there was no point in beating around the proverbial bush. I have betrayed you, and I am sorry...

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:07 pm
"W-what?" Halia stared at him, stunned shock tripping up her toungue. "But we've never...but...that means...no." She shook her head so hard that her mane flew about in the air, resettling into a decidedly more tousled, feral look. "No! I won't believe it...you wouldn't do that to me!" Her heart felt as though it had been torn out, and the pain of it was nearly breaking her. "You wouldn't..." she protested more weakly now, in the tone of a wounded child. This couldn't be happening. Aureate...he loved her! This couldn't be real!  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:24 pm
Aure pinned his ears, ducking his head down and nervously fluttering his wings. He couldn't lie to her... But telling her the truth was probably the hardest thing he'd ever done...
And doing what got him into this was probably the dumbest...
He sighed, dropping his head lower and backing up a few steps. "I did... And I am sorry... More than you will ever know... More than words can say."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:29 pm
Fury washed her vision in red for a moment, and Halia restrained herself from lunging at Aureate with difficulty. She handed him her heart, she trusted him, and he did this and all he had to say was he was sorry? Once restrained however, the temper passed as suddenly as it had come, leaving her reeling towards the opposite end of the emotional spectrum as tears started to trickle from her eyes. "...How? Why? Who...who is she?" And the question she dared not to ask, Do you love her?  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:38 pm
"We were walking... She visited one of the caves with me... Her name is Dalia, she's a friend of mine... We met a long time ago and run into each other every once in awhile..." He trailed off, sighing softly. "I am sorry, Dear One..."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:45 pm
"I don't understand...did she force you? Did something happen? Did...did you want to?" Rubbing her tear-streaked face against her leg almost angrily, Halia looked back up at Aureate with a pleading expression. You're supposed to protect me... "Are...are you going to..." She choked out a sob, unable to bring herself to continue. It would be the honorable thing for him to do for this Dahlia, to be sure...but why should she give up her love for this 'friend' of his? What had she done to deserve him?  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:02 pm
"Y-yes, something happened... I... I don't know exactly how it all came about, I would never want to hurt you." He drew a great breath, letting it out in a gusting sigh. "Am, am I going to what?"
His head jerked up so fast he probably pulled something, but couldn't move past the pain in his chest to think about any other hurt. Eyeing her, he took an inching step forward. "Halia?"

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:06 pm
Halia didn't want to finish, but she knew that Aureate would not rest until she did. "Are you going to...ask her to be your mate..." she finished, shoulders slumping before she raised her head, a light sparking into a blaze within her eyes. "I...I don't want to lose you...I know it's selfish, asking her to be your mate would be honorable and respectable, but...damnit, what has she done to deserve you?! I love you...even now I love you..."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff