[Self-RP] What have we here?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:20 pm
Mama Bwawa was taking a nap in the swampy waters of her home, as she often did. Truth be told, she probably spent more time sleeping than anything else - she wasn't a goddess with a lot to do. Mostly, she kept an eye on her pride, downed the occasional frog, and slept. To some it might have been boring, but she was quite content to laze about in her domain. She didn't find it necessary to be busy, or even to be involved in the world outside its swamps; she rarely even bothered to leave them.

And so, almost completely submerged, she was happy to be sleeping away another day, soggily warm and comfortable.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:26 pm
Finally old enough to be straying away from his family, Maradufu toddled along through the swamp. He knew how to swim by now, of course, and was trusted to have the common sense not to get himself into any real trouble - Asali, though incredibly caring and affectionate, wasn't an overly protective mother, either. She had confidence in how well she taught them, and wasn't particularly fussed when one went wandering...of course, it might also have had something to do with her seer abilities. Maybe she just knew they'd be safe.

Maradu hopped up onto a creaky old log and started across it, but unfortunately, it was just a little too old, and gave out under the cub's weight. With a startled squeak, he fell into the water.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:32 pm
Mama Bwawa wasn't exactly used to anything much more than rain falling out of the sky, and she certainly wasn't used to cubs tumbling down on her out of nowhere! Rudely awakened by the youngster hitting her in the head and then splashing into the water, she found herself staring at a flailing Maradufu every bit as surprised as her! She'd never met him, of course, but she recognized him - one of Asali's new brood.

Rising, she watched him pull himself out of the water with an amused smile. "Well, what have we here? Hmm? I never realized cubs came from trees."

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:40 pm
For a split second, Maradu had wondered what exactly he'd thunked into, but was too preoccuppied with getting out of the water to pay it much attention until just now. Shaking the water from his coat, he turned with the intention of peering into the water, only to find himself face-to-face with another lion! A big one, with horns!

And that meant she had to be... "Whoa."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:44 pm
Since her last talk with Asali'jua, Mama had decided that maybe it was time for others of the pride to start seeing her, though she hadn't exactly planned it like this! She was glad it was a cub, however; "starting small" couldn't hurt. And he was Asali's, which didn't hurt either.

She chuckled, meeting the awestruck cub's eyes. "Well, Maradufu! Do you often fall on unsuspecting goddesses?"

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:47 pm
"I-I....I...umm," Maradu stuttered, helplessly speechless. What were you supposed to say to the Lady of the Swamps when you'd just fallen on her? What was he supposed to do? Ohhh, where was Mother when he needed her? But then again, she might scold him. He couldn't help that he'd fallen, of course, but he'd fallen on the Goddess. And she knew his name! "I'm sorry!" he blurted finally.  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:51 pm
Mama's chuckle turned into an outright laugh, though not a mocking one. Cubs were just so...so funny. It made her wonder, a little, what it would have been like to raise her own cubs, but she knew that giving them to Asali would be best. Once they'd returned, she would probably reveal herself to them...but this way, she'd ensured that they were a part of the pride. They would be Jini-misemi first, always.

Or she hoped so, at least. "Apology accepted," she said delicately, "It was quite rude of the log to break."

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:55 pm
"I-I guess it was." Were logs rude? He'd always thought they were just logs, but...well, anyway! Maradufu breathed a sigh of relief and visibly relaxed, although he still couldn't take his eyes off the goddess. She was so pretty! And, well, the Goddess. How could he not stare? Except staring was rude, and...

Oh no! Maradu gasped. He was supposed to...to bow or something, wasn't he? The cub hastily executed a clumsy, comical sort of bow, completely unaware of just how ridiculous he looked right then. It was probably a good thing, because then he would have fretted more.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:58 pm
At first, she wasn't sure what his gasp had been about, but she soon figured it out. Chuckling again, she dipped her head in approval. "Why, thank you for remembering!" And as silly as he looked, it really was quite nice. "Now, oughtn't you be getting back to your mother? After a tumble like that, I think maybe you could use some grooming."

"But don't tell anyone about this yet, hmm?" Mama winked conspiratorially. It didn't need to be a secret, but perhaps he would like it. Children liked secrets, didn't they? "It can be our little secret."

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:04 pm
"I-I do? You think so?" Maradu looked at himself, blinking. He was a bit muddy, but then again, most everyone was. They lived in a swamp, after all! But if the Goddess said so... "Okay, I guess I will."

"A secret?" A secret? She wanted him to keep a secret? That was awesome! Granted, he was practically bursting to tell his siblings, but keeping a secret for her was even more awesome! "I can do that!"

"I, um, I guess I better get home then." He hadn't been in any hurry to get back, but she had told him to, so that pretty much nixed any plans of more exploring. "B-Bye, Goddess!" Maradu made another silly bow, and then scampered off.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces