Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:21 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:28 pm
There was a disturbance in the forest. It was big, pink, and looked rather mean, despite its shocking colouring. Those who came across him, however, would be rather disappointed. The only nastiness exhibited by Paroxysm, was towards himself. Most of his wounds, in fact, were self-inflicted from encounters with what he called his 'other self'. Paro had a strange background, from a purebred Kalona mother, and a Wind father, with a side as dark as midnight in a mountain cave. It was no wonder that he had a thirst for violence and blood, but there was a side of him that was repulsed at it, and both usually warred for dominance over his body. Flecks of blood dropped from the ever-open wounds in his legs as he was muttering. "No, will not do that. It's barbaric! Beneath me! Nasty nasty nasty."

What the #*$& was that %^$#?! Vexation raised an eyebrow, and then thought better of it, raising the other as well. Well *%&#, the forest was just full of crazy %*#$es these days, wasn't it? "What kind of !&#@ing stallion talks to himself?" she said, approaching the pink wonder without fear. Barbaric. "Your coat is %#*#ing barbaric. My eyes... they burn. Do you have any idea what a bright son of a $*#&@ you are?" She circled him, honestly curious at this point. What was he? He had a tail like hers and wings... but his horns were strangely lacking. How interesting.

Eyes that had been a bit glossed and hazy with inner contemplation snapped to alertness as he gazed at the rather impressively foulmouthed mare in front of him. She reminded him remarkably of Loveless, the first of his kind he had met, but THIS mare didn't seem to be so civilly inclined. Kinda like that other...hunh. Other what? Snapping back out of that self-induced reverie, his own eyebrows shot up as he stood his ground firmly. He wasn't afraid of much anymore, having gotten used to his size and weight, but he wasn't stupid either. "You can talk to my dam about it, if you wish. I don't think she'll care much, however."

Hmmm. Interesting. "No need... if I wanted to talk to that #*$&#, I would've." Curiouser, and curiouser. "Who is she, anyway?" She'd never seen anyone so confused in her life... although, there was that brief period when she had been confused. Naturally, that didn't count. She paced around him, getting closer with every moment. "And what the #*$& are you? Your tail is just like my mother's. @$#%!" Now, that really did interest her. Did that mean something about this stallion? Or was it just an accident of birth. She was willing to believe either. "Not at all like my father's, you unfortunate $*#%*@#."

"I do not think she'd take that word as an insult." Oh she was a Kalona mare alright. His other self was taking over, and his grin was definitely rougish and a little mean. The gentlemanly Paroxysm was disappearing, to become the voice in the background. As usual, he was absolutely disgusted at this behavior. "I doubt you'd know her, she's a wanderer, as am I. Misery? Daughter of Rhiana?" He highly doubted they'd made contact. Eyebrow quirked, he watched himself be circled. "I am Paroxysm. If you must know, my father was a bloodthirsty Wind. I highly doubt he was your father, isn't that interesting?"

What was with the #&$#er? He had some kind of $*&í up $&$% going on. It was... interesting. What did it mean? "Oh, I wouldn't mistake you for my father's son, you $*#@. You're not nearly #$*$ing red enough, or black enough for that. Maybe if he #^$#ed a white mare, or some %$*#." Thank god he hadn't, though. As much as she knew her mother was a ^$#@, she also loved her on some level. It was pretty #(%#ed up $*#%, but that was it. There was nothing she could do to change that. "My father is Wrath, my mother is Succubus... $#*$# that she is. I'm Vexation." No $(%$.

"Ah, so your mother must be as wonderful as mine, to be described in that way." What Kalona mare WAS wonderful? Well...in a sense. How sickening! Oh shut up. Really now. His smirk was in turn, cocky, but there was a wariness in the back of his eyes. That other awareness was wide awake...for now. "I cannot imagine one of our kind being WHITE." That was one thing both sides agreed on, indeed. It was his turn to move now, circling around her. "But whatever your father did, the results are not displeasing." OH HAVE MERCY.

Okay, so... he went from being almost wary... to looking like he wanted to #*$& her or something? What was his deal? Giving him a disbelieving look, Vexation side stepped. "Yeah, right... whatever the $*%# you say. Did you hit your #&%$ing head, or something?" Weird. Completely weird. Yet still, the first Kalona she'd come across since leaving the place she'd considered her home territory. She'd wanted to have a chance to grow and to change, but what she'd gotten instead, it seemed, was some sort of pink clown. "My mother is a real $*#@$." As was to be expected with most, if not all Kalona mares.

Stopping, head cocked, he consulted with his inner self. Both were in agreement that no, he had not hit his head recently. But maybe in another time? He never COULD quite remember what happened once he went into that cave. Hmmm.... "No, I don't believe I've hit my head. Perhaps you're just not used to truly unique characters?" Quirky smile, head tilt, pose. "And that is quite usual, I've noticed the breed as a whole is universally quick to anger. Very bad."

Vexation made an indelicate snort. "I am the daughter of the $#*#ing Sin, Wrath... so there is no avoiding the temper." Did he intentionally smile that way? Or was it accidental? Either way, she felt sure that the stallion was absolutely mad, in one form or another. He seemed to be thinking his responses out rather well, though, strange as they were. And they were #*$&ing strange. There was something about his behavior though. Something... different. She'd never been treated quite this way before. She raised an eyebrow again, and gave him a look. Was he for real? "No, I've had a #*$&@#$ lot of $%#@ing unique characters around. Maybe you're just more %#&@ed up than the usual crowd?"

For some reason, her absolutely repulsive language didn't bother him one bit. Perhaps it was part of his strange mental state? Possibly. Or perhaps it was just acceptable that all Kalona females had SOME sort of visible nastiness? Who knew, but his inner self was quite agreeable to that last thought. He gave a chortle, giving her a look with those piercing red eyes. "Oh, I assure you, I am quite odd. Perhaps the strangest one about. Quite mad as well, I'm fairly sure. I think it's hereditary, my grandmother always seemed to be split between herself." Musing back, he remembered. "Born of Sin, were you? That's....delightful." Smarmy b*****d.

"If you're going to #*@&ing be so *@&$ing literal about that %#*@ then yes, I was born of Sin." She honestly could not make a sentence without swearing. It was too integral to her nature. Perhaps it was a flaw, but if so, it was an interesting one. And it did not make her any less intelligent than any other Kalona. No, she was quite capable of using an extensive vocabulary, when she felt the need. She just didn't find it important. "I think I may have heard of that #*$%$, Rhiana... maybe." Some kind of mare with horns like an antelope's, almost? And a tail like a bramble bush.  

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:30 pm
Paroxysm chortled again. It was the closest thing to a laugh the stallion had, being that he never really found anything amusing enough to TRULY laugh at. "I did not mean quite so literally, but that's pleasant nonetheless!" His grin was huge now, and his inner self was disgustedly banging his head against a tree somewhere in the inner landscape.

"I haven't spent much time with my mother's dam, but enough to agree that you might have run into her once upon a time." A lot of things happened once upon a time for Paroxysm, he really was as mad as a hare.

"Do you have a name, by the way? You've gotten mine, but I did not seem to hear yours. And I doubt your name is #%#(!"

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:42 pm
Was he deaf? She'd already said her name! "It's Vexation. Not that you couldn't #$*$ing hear that, when I said it before." $*$%, what was with this stallion? He was spaced out, or something. Or not paying close enough attention. She lifted her wings off of her back, spreading them so that their leathery folds could take in the sunlight. She enjoyed the heat. It reminded her of the fiery feeling she got whenever she was angered, and that was a powerful sensation. The power strongly appealed to her. A slight grin tugged at the corner of her mouth, revealing some rather sharp teeth. The idea of having a swear word as a name was funny as hell, on some level. "Once upon a #*$#ing time? What are you, some kind of $#&*ed up @!#$ing fractured fairy tale filly?" Quirking an eyebrow, she glanced at him. "Or perhaps not so much a filly..."  

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:45 pm
Had she said her name? Oh dear, what a bad impression! Not that her name mattered. Disgusting b*****d, is that ALL you can think of? Back and forth, back and forth. It really was endless, wasn't it? Well, at least one was never alone.

"Vexation? Oh, I must have missed that. It seems appropriate for you, angry and lovely." If you lay it on any thicker, you'll be mired in it, bucky boy. Ignoring the inner monologue, he raised an eyebrow and posed dramatically at her not at all subtle inspection.

"Filly I have never been. I can show you, if you'd like?" Over my dead body!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 am
Vexation almost snarled, finding that particular comment to be well out of line. But she restrained herself somehow, despite the fact that her temper demanded that she express it. "I don't need to see your #&$%@ to know you're a $#@$ing stallion." His manner was enough to give that away. Although he didn't seem to have the presence her father did. Subtle inspection indeed. She'd barely glanced at him. In fact, the look she was sending his way at the moment could be better classified as a glare. Not that it was personal. Wasn't he just a barrel of laughs? "Lovely, huh? What the #$*$ would you know about that? Meet a lot of mares?" Maybe he did. Maybe he was some kind of stud of a stallion. She doubted it.  

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:19 pm
Oooh, she got you there didn't she bucky? Not so slick now. He snarled inwardly at that mental intruder. If it had been possible, he would've lunged and snapped at him, but it's quite impossible to do that to oneself. Unless you are talented, which he quite was not.

"Mares? Not too many. I think." His ears flicked as he mentally counted and pawed the ground a bit with his hooves to make indentations. His one hoof paused slightly, as if he was forgetting one. But he just couldn't REMEMBER! Why was that? No matter. Brute. Idiot. FOOL.

"But I have eyes. And a brain. And it says you are." Oooh, smooth fancypants. WOULD YOU SHUT UP?!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:35 pm
"That's almost a surprise," Vex snarked, though in truth, she did like being called lovely, even by someone so visibly conflicted as Paroxysm. If he could come to that conclusion through whatever inner conflict he was having, then he must have truly meant it. "But since you're not being a #*$@#%$, and I assume actually meant that... thank you." She didn't thank others often. Not because she was ungrateful, but because they so rarely treated her in ways that merited thanks. That was to be expected. They were Kalona, or at least she was. "You're not so bad yourself, #*$@$%." She smirked, amused by the exchange. What was going through that head of his? She was really getting to be curious. His expression kept almost twisting, real oddly.

Right now, his Kalona self, and Wind self were in perfect concert. "...you're welcome." It was a whole statement, and for once, Vexation had his perfect, whole attention. Both sides were now intrigued by this mare, and he tilted his head, marveling at the silence within the recesses of his mind. "Peculiar. It's quiet now." In what could only be a shrug, he grinned, and stepped a little closer. "And thank you for the compliment. As you may have noted, I am often remarked upon for my colour." Understatement.

"Was it not quiet before?" How odd. And interesting. Vexation tilted her head to the side, observing the brilliantly pastel stallion. He seemed to almost live in a different world than the one she lived in. She wondered what it was like in his world. Almost enough to ask, but not quite. "I wouldn't know what other %#*#s were saying about your color, but I know I've seen it before." Some pink unicorn, and really, the list went on. There were lots of pink Soquili. Very few pink Kalona, though. He appeared to be a very bright, possibly poisonous flower.

"It's NEVER quiet. Sometimes I'm the more silent one, but then HE gets involved and it's always noisy. Chatter chatter, he never shuts up!" Oh, there was that voice again. It seemed to be screaming expletives at him. How shocking! "I don't think that's a very polite thing to say, by the way." He directed at himself, before looking back up at Vex. She really was interesting. "It's not that unusual, except in our kind. To be brutally honest, you are the first female who has been gracious about it." Somewhat.

Hmmm... now, here was an interesting prospect. What if she took this Technicolor stallion along with her on her travels? He might make for amusing conversations. Already, she was more entertained than she could remember being since leaving the bosom of her family. Well, wouldn't she have to ask first? She could just tell him he was coming along, but unfortunately, unless she felt like breaking his wings or something, he wouldn't have to oblige her. Testing, testing. "How about... if you bring your bright as %$#@ self along on a trip with me? I'm exploring the area, learning all the $@#% I can from it. This place is getting really %#*$ing small, don't you think?"

His inner self took a step back from that, so of course, he was more than eager to accept her invitation! Of course you are, you great beast, you're only interested in one thing. Not really. OF COURSE YOU ARE. Would you PLEASE be quiet? Honestly the nerve..."Ridiculously small. I don't quite remember how long I've been wandering through here, but it couldn't have been too long." And maybe if he traveled with her, this goodie-goodie interloper would shut up. Hah fat chance of that. Well one can HOPE, can't they? "Your company is quite enjoyable on all accounts so far, I think it would be interesting." Silence. Huh, what a delight! Maybe Vexation would be better for him than she thought.

---

Vexation was not one of those mares who was bright and cheery in the morning. Oh no. She hated waking up out of a nice, deep sleep, and hated even more having the sun shining in her eyes. With a little growl, she opened her eyes, and made sense of the fact that she was not alone. It did not immediately hit her that she had invited Paroxysm to accompany her on her explorations. Yet... now, waking up, she was aware of a rather large blot of pink. Brilliant, almost eyeblinding pink. Good morning, Vex. She shook out her mane, and pretended that she hadn't been asleep the whole night through.

Even with the endless chatter in his head, Paroxysm was never a particularly deep sleeper. He had learned from an early age that no matter how large he was, there was always larger, and the halfbreed couldn't entirely hold his own. Even with Vexation along, he still couldn't knock the habit. So when she shook, his eyes opened, and he stood, mimicking her motions, wings elongated to stretch. "Well. That was refreshing." Tch, as if you're not balking at having to sleep ACROSS the clearing, you perverted mammal!

A nice, big blotch of color. Didn't she hate color? No... that was just the sun searing her eyes. She made an irritable sound, walked over to the river nearby, and plunged herself into it, forcing her body into wakefulness. Then, dripping wet and cold to boot, she flapped her great, leathery wings, and sent a cascade of water across the clearing. It didn't quite touch the side where Paroxsym languished. But at least she felt clean. For reasons beyond her understanding, the Kalona mare had a certain... need... to be clean. Blood was all well and good, but she disliked having dirt chalked onto her flanks, riding up her legs. She moved onto the clean, fresh smelling grass, and snorted. "Refreshing? That's one word for that #*$@."

The stallion, on the other hand, was more than used to being dirty, and he couldn't help the blood that ran in slow drips down his legs. He was grateful to not be bleeding from OTHER wounds, and the scars that dappled his flanks and forelegs were old. There had been no new ones since he had joined up with the Kalona female, a sign that he was not as conflicted. HAH. I just don't have much to say, you great brute! That doesn't mean I agree with your barbarianism, and I KNOW what you are thinking! I DO. Grinning, he shook a bit and trotted on over to Vex. "Only one? I can think of several." He was used to her baths by now, but it was still odd to him. "Is it a female thing?"

"Is what a female thing?" She was very, very touchy this morning, for whatever reason. Blowing hot. It might have to do with the fact that she hadn't seen or heard from her family in a good stretch of time, but she wasn't sure. Maybe she was just tired of the prey they'd been hunting. Whatever it was... it was a good thing she'd gotten used to the stallion's presence, or she'd have been pitching a fit over his current proximity. "I don't know about you, but I don't like the #$*$ing mornings, or the bright, bright @&#$ing sun." But that might just be her. Bah. Her braid had come undone. What a pain.

Tilting his head, both sets of conscience came to the conclusion that women were quite odd. Almost shrugging to himself, he also conceded so was he. And he liked it that way! "No no, I meant the consistent dousing of water. I do it rarely, do all females do it as often as you?"

Vexation paused to consider his question, and tilted her head slightly. "I don't think it's a female thing. I like to be clean... of dirt, at least." She didn't know why. Perhaps because it made her so very different than most Kalona mares. She needed her individuality. She got some of that by being her father's daughter, but some of it had to come from somewhere else. "I don't think they do. Not Kalona, anyway." #*$&. Where was her language? Maybe she wasn't awake enough for it to be in full functioning form.

Paroxysm's thoughts were like to the same thing. Her language was downright pleasant this morning, and that took him aback more than anything. That, and there was this peculiar mental itch that was coming from somewhere. It was vaguely familiar, and for some reason...it felt so...quiet all of a sudden. Shaking his head, he wondered if perhaps the other half had gone to bed. "I'm sorry...did you say something?"

Okay, that was it. Vexation let out a frustrated stream of curses. Apparently, her language couldn't stay clean forever. "I said that I don't #*$&ing think it's a #^$@%^#@ female thing." There. Said. Again! Vex shook out her hair with a little irritated toss. She paced along the length of the (relatively) small clearing. Was he not capable of thought this early? She could believe that. After all, her mood was wretched before the sun got high in the sky.

There it was AGAIN. And where are you? Was he perhaps united and didn't know it. This silence was disturbing, and he felt himself sidling closer to Vexation. Unfortunately, this yielded a physical reaction that made certain things rather clear to him very quickly, and he sat down into the dirt near her with a large puff. After all, he was a rather large horse, and there was quite a bit of dirt. "That is much better."

A large puff of dirt ALL OVER HER! Vexation flared her wings, rearing up onto her hind legs. "Look at what you did!" Now she was covered in dirt streaks. Wet, streams of dirt... trailing down her legs, haunches, and withers! How dare he? Idiot! The mare snorted her irritation, and pranced in place, oblivious to the scene she was making. "I can't believe you #*$&ing did that ^$#@." Ugh. Now she'd have to start all over again.

Somehow, he wasn't that sorry, but he was sure he should apologize. In fact, he was positive he should. "So sorry, clumsy of me really." His favored lopsided grin split across his face, but he had absolutely zero intention of moving until this problematic development had gone QUITE away. Quite quite quite. Barbaric mammal you KNOW what you are thinking! Oh, there it was! How good of you to come out! HAH!

Vexation grabbed a hold of Paroxsym's hair, and literally hauled him into the river with her. "Shame on you, you clumsy, overgrown... Auughhh!" She let out another stream of curses, now subject to the rather ripe scent of wet horse. Wet, unwashed horse. "Get clean," she gritted, and doused herself with water. Sopping wet, again... but at least the dirt was vanishing. She would be damned if she'd put up with that, right under her nose. No, he was going to clean up, and he was going to be damn speedy about it.

It's not that he was barbaric. OH REALLY NOW. Alright, so maybe this half of him was barbaric. He didn't mind baths, really. But right now, not only was he being forced to wash himself, he was not a very happy pony. Not at all. And that Kalona rage was building up in him, so that he came up close, ignoring his earlier problem. "What the #*$% do you think you are doing?!" he snarled, borrowing from her vocabulary. They were almost nose to nose, and his red eyes glowed fiercely.

"You made me $*#@ing dirty, after I just washed. What do you think I'm %#@#ing doing?" Vexation stared back into his red eyes, her own red eyes smoldering with her irritation with him. She bared her teeth, just a little... just enough so that he could see their sharp tips. Reaching over, because it was driving her to distraction, she shifted a bit of his hair away from his face. And then she stood there defiantly, as though daring him to say something about it. He'd looked quite ridiculous.

Snorting hard so that droplets of water flew onto both of them, he snarled right back at her, showing his own sharp teeth, and snapping at the air a bit in frustration. "You know, I am almost at the end of my sanity." You don't really have much to lose you know. AGAIN SHUT THE #%@* UP! You've been hanging around with her far too much. Though she's rather magnificent. You're not helping...really. "First you get me in this agonizing state," he shifted his legs, and even in the flowing water his 'state' was unmistakable, "and then you do THIS to me!" His wings flared, much as hers had earlier, and again the water flew.

Vexation blinked, brought up short for a moment. "Well, I didn't Know that! I was a little distracted at the time!" She sounded indignant. As though him being in that state was both her fault, and her problem. As though it were one in a list of injustices. Oh no! No, no, no. He was not getting away with that. Not by far. "You got me dirty, I got you clean. We're even." And wet. Although, truth be told, he actually looked a little intriguing at the moment, with anger feeding his Kalona nature.

Women! He distinctly remembered another female, and she wasn't nearly as....vexing. Oh that was rich, good job. Very cute. Thank you wasn't it? He was on a revved high now, and his temper was as high as a kite. A jagged, spiked, blood-red kite, but a kite nonetheless. Steadily advancing on the mare, he wondered if she would stand her ground, or if he could back her near those rocks. Either would suit his purposes. "I don't quite think so. There's still that OTHER little problem, and that might be entirely your fault." Oh that was gallant. Pig.

"How is it my fault that you're..." Vexation struggled with the words. "Like this?" She absolutely refused to be backed up like some docile, tractable mare. She was not going to give him an inch. The Kalona mare stayed almost nose to nose with Paroxysm, her eyes flashing with indignation and defiance, and a little of her own (really rather impressive) fury. "Just what do you expect me to do about it?" she growled, staring him in the face.

Well, that was a first. Wasn't it? He thought rapidly. Yes, yes it was. He was ALMOST sure. Damn, why couldn't he remember. No matter. It didn't feel like the first time, so it probably wasn't. YOU CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THEIR NAMES?! You ARE a b*****d! Snarling in frustration of several kinds, Paroxysm simply snapped at the air in front of her nose, fangs sharp and shining. Between the tightly clenched canines, he spoke. "If you are not willing, then I am sure I can EASILY find another much easier." Turning, he started to stride away, furious, and feeling almost a painful wrench.

"You absolutely will not!" For some reason, that idea infuriated Vexation even more. "If you're going to... to go run off and find some #*$&@ to $#@&, you're not going anywhere." Not if she had anything to say about it. Because, for whatever reason, that idea was almost... hurtful to her. Somehow, through their travels, she'd become rather attached to the stallion. And, undeniably, attracted to him. But she wasn't about to turn into someone's trollop, either. Not like her father. Not like her mother. "But I am not going to be used for that, do you hear me? So there'd better be something else too, you #*$&#ing ^$#@%#@#."

Click. The two halves of him fused as mutual interest and the shared idea that both halves of him would be QUITE useful in this encounter. Of course, it didn't mean that mild commentary wouldn't ensue. Breathing slowed, and his features calmed as he found the serenity of near-sanity. Notably, he also was not as needy as well. Before he was even entirely out of the water, he gave her a steady look. "I have not left yet. I will not leave afterwards." He didn't think he had the grace to say it any better.

It suddenly became rather difficult to breathe. She'd all but forgotten how. But... what other answer could she give? "If you leave now, I will kill you," she said conversationally. But she wasn't serious. She wouldn't have. She'd have just gone back on her own again, and not tried to find companionship on her journey of self exploration. Vexation took one step, and then another... inching closer to him, until they were once again all but nose to nose.

And, for once in his life, Paroxysm did something sweet, and almost caring. He pressed his nose lightly to Vexation's, almost nuzzling her as his lopsided, carefree smile broke over his face. "Only if you can catch me."  

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces