Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Small Steps, Long Journeys (Nivriti + Althalus) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:31 pm
Nivriti landed a way from the Lake, letting her wings settle, her mane falling into place, tail snaking behind her. She could have flown all the way to the shore, to Althalus's side but as he was a grounded, their journey would have to be on hoof all the way and she needed to get used to walking a long distance again.

The mare hadn't walked a long way since she had grown into her wings, she'd spent all her free time wheeling through the air. So despite how excited she was about spending a large amount of time with her new partner, and seeing his birthplace, and even possibly his family, she wasn't looking forward to the trek that was before them.
She'd never complain though, and resolved to not even mention anything as they travelled, though she knew that she would tire before him.

On seeing the water Nivriti looked around, ears pricked for any sounds, scanning the area around the water's edge, hoping to see the flash of red and orange, the flame that had set alight her own heart.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:55 pm

The sunset male couldn't believe his great fortune. Nivriti had gone to bid farewell to her family and inform them of her journey away - he hoped the event went smoothly for the mare and that her parents' objections (if any) might be slight. He would take care of her through the journey up north and beyond, wherever she might travel, he would be there to protect, to provide and to make sure she was granted an endless amount of happiness.

Goodness knew the mare deserved it.

Althalus' stomach twisted with an anxiety that was different from stress. This sort of sensation made him desire only her swift return, made him think fondly upon her memory. Though they'd been apart only a short while, he still couldn't help but want her by his side. Ah, but he'd have to be cautious in his good intentions; he didn't want to scare her away, or have her believe him an over-protective controller. No, that wasn't what he was nor was that he intended to do. . . But he liked her, and the young stallion couldn't help but crave her attention. Their relationship, whatever it was, friendship and fast growing otherwise was still new. . . A sliver of him feared he might just as easily and swiftly lose her. And such a thought was worth worrying over.

Silver eyes stared down at his reflection in the lake. Would his parents approve? Would his siblings for that matter? They'd find out they would. . . oh yes. But it would still be a good long walk before then! Looking up, his ears swiveled and pricked as a new delight struck him - there she was! Unable to stop the smile from tickling his features, with a swish of his red tail he pushed away from the waters edge at a trot. Bridging the distance between them, he couldn't resist offering her cheek and neck a light nuzzle of greeting.

He wasn't a hesitant sort of stallion, but this was new territory even for him. There was more to this journey than just getting to know the scenery. . . "And the beauty has returned, oh joyous day," he spoke, eyes sparkling with good humor. One might think he spoke in good-humored teases but in reality it was truth. Had she left he would have stood by that shore until he was naught but a heap of bones and dust.

Loyalty ran in his family and Althalus was certainly no exception.

Uta

Shy Mage

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:46 am
If Nivriti knew his thoughts she would soothe them. As far as she was concerned it would take a great deal to seperate her from Althalus, if she'd not had family she wouldn't have even parted from him, they would have just left straight away for his homelands.

But she owed her parents the courtesy of knowing that she would be away for a while, and didn't want to even let them think for a minute that something untoward had happened to her. Aishwarya had been very eager to let Nivriti go. She would miss her daughter, but she could tell of her feelings, and was glad that she'd admitted to them. Aish just wanted her to be happy, she wanted that for both her daughters.

'Did you think I wouldn't? she teased him slightly. They had a long road ahead of them, not just this day, and she hoped that they would always be this way, affectionate and good natured to one another.
Maybe as they travelled she would even confess the silly jealousy she'd felt for her sister who he'd met as a colt, and who would always have that memory when she did not.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:33 pm

Althalus gave Nivriti one final, great nuzzle as he craned his neck around her own, lipping affectionately upon her whithers. Cherishing the touch, he chuckled at her question while releasing her slowly from his hold. "Is it wrong of me to admit a moments uncertainty? But you are here now and have given my fears of a changing mind rest and ease." This relationship was new to Althalus and such an uncharted path unsettled him. He knew not the rules, nor the way to woo a heart, and therefor was running blind. . . .

Perhaps this journey would be one of their most important walks in their relationship. Not only would it better aquaint one another but something more than a bond of the heart might be created. . . but a bond of trust. They were still perfect strangers, if one looked upon them, and could almost be labeled a mystery. This trip to his home would be a great adventure indeed, and Althalus looked forward to the time spent.

Taking the first steps towards the north, the first of many, he made sure to keep Nivriti by his side. The pace he moved was an easy gait (easy for him, at least) and he feared not when his shoulder or flank brushed against her own. "Tell me, darling, if you would, did your parents recieve the news well?" He was curious about her mother's reaction and what she might have thought or felt; his only reference were his parents, and though he adored Yei and Grencia more than words, he himself hadn't exactly given them the heads up or a chance to object when he had left so many months ago.

Ah, yes, home sounded more wonderful than ever.

Uta

Shy Mage

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:42 am
Nivriti closed her eyes, letting herself sense his gesture without seeing it, enjoying the touch and the closeness of the stallion. She almost protested when he released her, but common sense prevailed; they could stand there all day at that rate and never travel anywhere! Whilst it was an appealing thought, she really did want to see where he had grown up.

'No, not all. I had the same small amount of panic, that you would just slip away and I'd never see you again.'

When Althalus moved off, she was by his side, her wings brushing against him as they moved, the ends of her tail trailing behind her on the ground.

'Hmm?' she gotten lost in her thoughts, and hadn't registered at first that the pet name was being directed at her; after all, before she'd met him, the only stallion that had called her by any name other than her proper one was her father.
'I only saw my mother, but she'll be sure to tell my father of where I have gone. She was happy for me, and owned that she could tell I had feelings for you before I told her about us.'
Us..
She just liked saying that word now, anything plural would be a good word from now on. We. Them. They. She smiled to herself as they walked.
'I still feel somehow that this isn't real. Everyone should be this happy.'

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:59 am

Althalus gave a small nod in acknowledgement, a smile tugging again upon the corners of his lips as she spoke. Us. Like her, the sunset male found he was quite fond of the word and all its implications. It would no longer be just about him . . . it would no longer be Althalus and his journies; now it would be their journies, together, not just him but Nivriti as well. The future was theirs to behold, to create, and he hoped it would forever and always be the case.

His heart fluttered as the beauty beside him admitted her happiness, please by such knowledge. It wasn't that he doubted her joy, no, but like her it was hard to imagine this as reality. "It does seem like a dream, does it not? And though some may cast doubt upon the sincerity of our hearts, I know, dearest Nivriti, that we have truly is someting special." He leaned over, offering her a gentle caress. It was true that their relationship had been swift - a chance meeting had bloomd in to the most wonderful of feelings. Her presence had not left him even when she had departed. . . The wind had haunted him from the very beginning and somehow such a feeling had been reciprocated.

Even her mother had noticed it!

Love had never been something the young stallion had thought much of. He understood its exstance and had devoted his life to his family and friends. But to find himself so enraptured so swiftly, so tangled within this desire the sunset male had to admit surprise by the attack. It wasn't something he'd ever expected to hapen so soon. . . . but now that he knew of it, he never wanted such a feeling to fade.

"But just think. . . This is but the tip of the iceburg, the start of something new and something great. It can only get better from here, darling. . . just wait and see." His course of life had changed; he'd already devoted himself to making sure she'd live life the best he could make it. To rise with a smile every morning was his hope and he would do whatever he could to ensure such a thing became reality.

His heart was now hers to do with what she wished.

Uta

Shy Mage

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:25 am
'I wouldn't care what anyone said.' Nivriti replied. Well, that wasn't exactly true. She was still very worried that for some reason she might not be acceptable to his family; maybe they wouldn't like how she looked, she was very dull compared to Althalus.

'I've met other stallions, but none left quite the impression that you did.' she let her wingtip flicked gently sideways, tapping his flank. She nodded at his words, the motion meaning that she had to pause and flick the hair from her face before replying.
'I feel that it will, I mean, I feel as though we have alot before us. A very long time as well I hope.'

Maybe it was naive, childish even to think of the future in such glowing terms, who knew what would happen in just the next day?
'So...' she asked, trying to sound casual as she spoke.
'How many days do you think it will take to get to your birthplace?'
Nivriti didn't want to rush of course, but she still was thinking in terms of her hooves.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:22 am

Althalus found Nivriti far from dull. In fact, she was perhaps the picture of perfection; the dark brown of her fur, how it was set off by the golden flower upon her hip and the cream of her chest and cheeks. . . . The black and dark violet fur that tipped her hooves and ankles, and her beautiful locks of hair that framed her golden regard. No, there was none who was more gorgeous and breathtaking to admire, and none who would ever rule his thoughts like she.

"All we can do is take things day by day, step by step. But know that your hope is my own. . . . May this journey together last an eternity." He wasn't afraid to say it, wasn't afraid to admit his hopes. Though they would travel to the north, to the mountains and hills, he could only wish that their journey wouldn't end there. Even when settled, as perhaps someday they might, such a life would be woven together.

Ah, and though his mind and heart yearned for such a simple thing, Althalus understood it would be work. There would be times the sun set, the rains blew in; they might fight, they might disagree, bicker and even cause heart ache. But such was the way of things - no relationship was golden, nothing in the world was easy. But by the spirits, he had finally found someone, something that had shaken his world upside down, that had burned in to his soul. . . .

He would fight for her, hoof and tooth, come hell and high water should he need. This was a fight he would keep alive as long as possible. . . . So long as she chose to keep him.

So lost in thought, the silver-tongued stallion almost missed her inquiry. "Hmmmm?" He murmured, the question only then coming together to his senses. He'd best be more alert on their journey - it wouldn't do well to lose his way or guide them along a more dangerous route. "Well, considering I'll be taking you directly to the mountains . . . I'd say a good three, four day walk at least." It had taken Althalus months to move as far as he did, but then the stallion had traced a zig-zag sort of pattern, occasionally doubling back and choosing different routes to take.

Althalus was no mind reader. As having never known the joys of flight himself, it didn't occur to the stallion that Nivriti might suffer from his pace or the long hours he intended to walk. He was a walker, it was all he knew. . . "Thankfully the walk moves swiftly with good company and a promise of gorgeous surroundings. . . ." He couldn't resist, and tossed Nivriti a small, boyish grin. "In my case it happens to be both one in the same."

Uta

Shy Mage

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:54 am
Nivriti looked at her hooves, quietly kissing them goodbye.
'Oh that doesn't sound like too long then,' was all she actually said, before glancing at the stallion beside her.

'Gorgeous surroundings? Are you expecting other mares to accompany us then?' she grinned.
She wasn't exactly fishing for compliments, but she would also never be one of those Soquili that was so proud of their looks, to the point of being obnoxious or vain.

She bounced a little way ahead of Althalus, dancing on the spot with unfurled wings before re-joining his side.
'Just stretching them,' she explained, before he questioned her on the strange behaviour.
'Okay. So, I want to know something secret of yours, or something silly that you did and no one knows about it.'
She nudged him gently as they clipped along.
'I'll share the same if you will.'

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:46 am
The young stallion chuckled lightly, giving a little shake of his head as Nivriti teased his wording. "My darling, I promise you that even if a herd of mares appeared, I would only have eyes for you." The sunset male reached over and ran his nose affectionately along her neck. "There is no comparison, no competition, for you have not just captured my attention, you have also captured my heart." She was the first to have done so, and Althalus wouldn't want it any other way.

Althalus watched as she pranced ahead, stretching out her wings. Every time he watched her, every time he laid eyes upon her, she surprised him with something new. The way the sunlight hit her fur or tangled within her ebony hair; the way she walked, the expressions that would carve her features on her face. Yes, Nivriti was absolutely mesmerizing.

But then the conversation turned to secrets. . . . The stallion couldn't help but grin, snorting softly in amusement as he mulled over his foalhood and young adolescent life. "What . . . You think I'd hold secrets? Come now, I'm an angel," he teased before giving his mane a little shake. Tail swishing behind him, the stallion thought for a moment. Secrets. . . secrets. . . . . Ah ha! "Well, when I was younger I used to be insanely jealous of my brother and sister. They had inherited father's wings and I had always wished to be able to fly. I felt they were favored, especially by father who was the only one able to teach them to fly. So I often caused trouble just to get a little extra attention, or ran off without telling my parents so they might wonder solely about me." The male chuckled, rolling his eyes as he admitted his foal hood tricks. "Ah, but I quite assure you I've long grown out of such envy. . . the need for attention is still a work in progress." Again, his words were laced with good humor as a laugh rumbled through his throat.

"Now you, madam, I beg of you to share." He grinned and offered her a little nuzzle for further encouragement.

Uta

Shy Mage

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:18 pm
She'd merely smiled at his complimentary and sweet words; she did believe him, but this was all so new and fragile that Nivriti was still stuck in slight insecurity.

'Sure you were,' she nodded, trying not to giggle. She couldn't imagine that this cheeky adult had come from a meek little colt. She nodded as she listened, she knew about jealousy, she had her own envy for her sister. She had always felt that her sister was more outgoing, and more adventurous.

'I can understand that, I think sibling rivalry is always to be expected. Jostling for our parent's attention, I'm sure anyone that has brothers or sisters will acknowledge they did that at one point.' she chuckled at his words about his wanting attention.
'I am sure I can supply every attention you could want.'

She looked sidelong at Althalus;
'I suppose I should, as I said I would. Hmm. Well. I used to be such a chicken when it came to going into water when I was a filly, I'd never play in it.' she rolled her eyes at her own folly.
'And..well I have to confess that I am jealous that my sister knew you when you were a colt. I wish I'd known you then.'

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:05 am
Althalus smirked lightly and gave a little nod, understanding such a thing to be true. But in a sense, it did bother the stallion that he once carried such feelings of resignation for Ambroise and his crimson hued sister. As a colt he used to pretend he'd sprout wings, and soar all around the plains. . . And he even went so far as to will wings to just randomly sprout! It had been an awful little jealousy of his, one he didn't want to admit to any in his family. Jealousy wasn't something Yei and Grencia smiled upon. . . . Thankfully though, he had out grown such a stage. He liked who he was and wings wouldn't have changed the stallion he had become.

Besides, his wonderful mother was wingless and yet ever still adored. Not only by father, of course, but by all his siblings. He was proud to have inherited his mothers features and his father's colours. In fact, if he did think so himself, it worked out very, very well.

As they walked, his ears did p***k up and his silver gaze sparkled in delight as he tossed her an impish grin. "Ah, my darling, I shall hold you up to such a challange." A little nuzzle against her neck and the sunset male listened to her confessions.

Both responses surprised him, though he gave no outward appearance. His head did cant to the side, allowing his tail to tangle slightly with her own. "I will admit surprise to such a thing - I dare say you've fast grown out of such a fear of water. Did age clear your mind of such a fear or did you have to take small steps in conquering such a thing?" Althalus questioned, curious to know her secret. He harbored a few fears himself, fears grown thanks to colthood stupidity. He didn't like to admit to them as the stallion preferred to pretend he was ever so strong and safe. To protect others one couldn't be a coward, and certain inhibitions added to perhaps his largest fear. . . fear of weakness or cowardice within himself.

"Everyone has phobia's in varying degrees, just as you say most siblings harbor some sort of rivalry. Even I have great fears, though I'm unsure whether or not you'd like to hear them." He grinned, a sliver of him hoping that perhaps she might not. Though he wanted Nivriti to know everything about him, he didn't want to look like a complete fool before her. Their relationsihp was young yet, and though he was confident that it would be well, like she insecurity had yet to be pushed to the wayside.

Even Aiolos and Caely, his best friends, knew little of his fears.

But enough of fears, the sunset male couldn't help but be flattered that Nivriti wished she had known him as a colt. Chuckling lightly, hepressed himself closer to her side, careful of her delicate wings. "You are far too sweet, m'dear," he murmured, "though I was incorrigable and much more hyper as a foal. Though your sister knew me first, and though part of me wishes the same, that I might have met you then too, I think the spirits knew exactly what they were doing. What matters now is that I do know you, and am the luckiest stallion to have captured your intrigue. Darling, I hope to be able to make up for such lost time. You hold a place in my heart unlike any other and there I know you'll stay."

Uta

Shy Mage

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:37 am
Nivriti pretty much thought that almost all emotions had some sort of merit, and it was healthy to admit you succumbed to things like envy and anger. Where it went wrong was if those consumed you.

She nodded, cracking a small joke at her expense.
'Given my aerial skills when I was trying to practise that little trick of mine, the one that you saw me actually pull of successfully? Well given how many times I landed in the water, I've definately grown out of it.' she shrugged with her wings.
'It was more a silly childish thing about getting wet than any real phobia to do with water. I just didn't like the way I felt when I got cold and damp. I'm a little hardier now though.'

She looked at Althalus;
'I don't want you to think you can't tell me things about yourself, so if you want to share them I will listen.' she smiled as he moved in beside her, tilting her head so that she could bestow a soft nuzzle on his neck.

'Well whoever did bring you into my life, I thank them with all my heart. And I'm sure I will continue to do so every day that I am with you.'
She glanced ahead of them, curious as to the path ahead. And also what lay at the other end.
'So..'
There were many questions that she wanted to ask, about their relationship and the potential behind it. But she wasn't sure where to start, and even if it was too soon to speak of them.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:24 am

Althlalus gave a little chuckle at his companion's admittance. He gave her a sidelong look, attempting to imagine her at her most disheveled and disarrayed; it didn't much work. Even with her hair soggy and sagging, with her fur sticking out in various places and her hooves covered in mud he was quite certain she'd continue to astound him with her beauty. So very lucky he was. . . .

Now he had to strive to keep her. That was the tricky part. Sweet words and gestures didn't necessarily woo lady, and Althalus' greatest fear was that she might change her mind mid-journey. Oh, he'd escort her home if she wished or stay out of her way if such was her choice but it would break him. . . He was fast smitten with the young mare and with every step a small part of him feared the breaking apart of their relationship.

"I will tell you anything you wish," Althalus replied, not at all object to sharing. "But I am curious of a few things. . . Do you have a favorite flower or scent? Or perhaps a cherished time of season. . .It's the little things I want to know, darling, the little things I hope to be part of. We've such a journey ahead of us I do hope I might get to unravel a little more of the beautiful mystery that is you. Your hopes, your dreams, your wants. . . everything." That was his goal, if not know everything about her, than at least come to an understanding of sorts. To lift the veil and know what she dreamed of, what he might help her accomplish. . .

Honestly, he just wanted to know.

As they trotted underneath the canopy of trees, they passed underneath a flowering tree. Lifting his head, he picked a stray flower before craning his neck and tucking it delicately behind one of Nivriti's ear Silver eyes dancing with good humor, he added, "A beauty for a beauty, though I'm quite sure even the flowers are jealous as you pass."

Uta

Shy Mage

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:49 am
(( D'awww =))

Nivriti would have been glad not to have known the picture he was trying to invoke of her, she would not have agreed! When she did fall into the Lake she resembled a large, soggy bird. It took an age for the wings to dry as well..She was very glad that when they had met, someone was smiling down upon her and allowed the mare to meet Althalus when she looked pretty much presentable.

She tilted her head towards him as he spoke, noticing that whilst he had said he would tell her anything she wished, he had sneakily sidestepped away from the fears he had mentioned having. She gave a small grin at that.

'I would say the lotus flower is my favourite, for fairly obvious reasons. I don't know about favourite scent..' she looked under her lashes at the stallion.
'Well before now..' was all she replied, hoping that he got what she was implying. His scent was heady to her, it stirred all manner of affectionate feelings from Nivriti.

'Oh..' her nose coloured as he stopped to snick the flower from the tree, a cherished feeling covering her as he tucked it behind her ear.
'It's lovely, thank you..'
Her voice broke a little, without her wanting it to. He was just..what had she done to deserve such affection, from such a stallion as Althalus was? She felt as though she wanted to give him everything.

'My hopes? My dreams? I can't think beyond this moment.' she finally managed to reply.
'I dream. Of family. Children. Do you want..do you want children?'

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces