Romanian General Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:36 pm
Welcome to the Romanian General Discussion! This is where we discuss everything related to the Romanian language, including, but not limited to:

-asking specific questions about Romanian vocabulary and grammar (people who can speak Romanian fluently can help answer others' questions)
-recommendations for Romanian dictionaries, websites, etc
-and everything else about the beautiful langauge of Romania! 3nodding

Please note that although speaking in Romanian is allowed here, it is not mandatory.

Let's start off with a few facts about the Romanian language:

Spoken in: Romania, Moldova, Vojvodina, Russia, Ukraine, Israel, Serbia, Hungary, the Balkans, Canada, USA.

Total number of speakers: 26 million

Language Family: Romance Languages (along with Spanish, Italian, French, and others)

Regulated by: Academia Romana  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:40 pm
WEBSITES

general information on the Romanian language -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_language  

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:42 pm
DICTIONARIES/GRAMMAR BOOKS ETC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:43 pm
If anyone here has any other reccommendations for websites/dictionaries/grammar books etc, please feel free to tell us about them in this thread.  

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

Sub Pahar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:47 am
Buna ziua. c** am spus in alte thread-uri, pot sa va ajut cu limba. Dar nu am recomandati de situri web, pentru ca nu am gasit nici un sit destul de bun.

Hello. Like I said in other threads, I can help you with the language. But I don't have any web site recommendations, because I haven't found any good sites.

3nodding

Learning Latin priorly to Romanian would be of great help.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:12 am
Did Romanian come from Latin? eek Or did Latin come from Romanian? That's probably a stupid question... sweatdrop But reading what you said... ...I'm confused now. xd *must know*

EDIT: UGH. Now I'm confused with my own post! sweatdrop Um... Well I heard from someone that Romance languages developed from Latin. sweatdrop Is that true?  

Atashi wa Kitsunya desu

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:15 am
Atashi wa Kitsunya desu
Did Romanian come from Latin? eek Or did Latin come from Romanian? That's probably a stupid question... sweatdrop But reading what you said... ...I'm confused now. xd *must know*

EDIT: UGH. Now I'm confused with my own post! sweatdrop Um... Well I heard from someone that Romance languages developed from Latin. sweatdrop Is that true?
lol yes, Romance languages came from Latin ^^ and Romanian came from Latin, since it's a Romance language razz  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:49 pm
Proudly_Jewish
Atashi wa Kitsunya desu

lol yes, Romance languages came from Latin ^^ and Romanian came from Latin, since it's a Romance language razz

Yes. 4laugh
French, spanish, italian, portuguese, romanian, etc. all developped from Latin.
Here is some visual help.

Romanian is said to be the language that has kept most of the Latin structure, compared to the other Romance languages.  

Sub Pahar

Dreadful

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:52 pm
My teacher at school is from Romania and is AWESOME! Her husband came to talk about Dracula and I told the American perspective of it and he greatly disagreed. He had pointed canines though and spoke with a deep Dracula-type accent and he didn't persuade me at all unfortunately. whee I like Romanian people though, they are nice!

Also, I was told about "Dracula" meaning "the son of the dragon", but it has the same root as "devil" and becomes confused with each other. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:36 pm
Ashvemn
My teacher at school is from Romania and is AWESOME! Her husband came to talk about Dracula and I told the American perspective of it and he greatly disagreed. He had pointed canines though and spoke with a deep Dracula-type accent and he didn't persuade me at all unfortunately. whee I like Romanian people though, they are nice!

Also, I was told about "Dracula" meaning "the son of the dragon", but it has the same root as "devil" and becomes confused with each other. blaugh

Yes, I was under the impression that "Dracula" actualy ment "He who is damned" or "The one who is damned", but then that's just from my own inferences and is probably wrong. sweatdrop

As I've stated before, I love Romanian and I think that it's the most beautiful language in the entire world! (or at least the most beautiful of the languages I've heard spoken and/or sung) I'm trying to teach myself, but I'm having trouble getting the sounds nailed, because every source I've consulted has slight differences in the way it says the sounds are pronounced. If any native speakers could make me some recordings of things like the alphabet and numbers and simple phrases ("Hello!" "How are you?" "Thank you." etc.) and send them to me somehow I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks!!! ^_^  

Toastete

Sub Pahar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:10 am
Toastete
As I've stated before, I love Romanian and I think that it's the most beautiful language in the entire world! (or at least the most beautiful of the languages I've heard spoken and/or sung) I'm trying to teach myself (although I plan on taking classes when/if I do my Masters programe at Indiana University), but I'm having trouble getting the sounds nailed, because every source I've consulted has slight differences in the way it says the sounds are pronounced. If any native speakers could make me some recordings of things like the alphabet and numbers and simple phrases ("Hello!" "How are you?" "Thank you." etc.) and send them to me somehow I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks!!! ^_^

Only recently have I realised the phonetic beauty of the romanian language. 4laugh

The only website dedicated to learning romanian I've found was awful, only I don't remember the address. The only oral guides, some basic phrases, were spoken by someone who had a heavy "rural" accent. Nobody speaks like that. gonk . It's like learning english with a heavy texan accent.

Anyway, contact me if you want some wave files. I'll speak as slow as you want, and all.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:35 pm
Cool, sounds great! ^_^  

Toastete

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:01 am
How do you say I love France in Romanian? smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:58 pm
Im trying to learn Romanian. Its hard because Im trying to learn German a bit better.  

PacificX

Language General Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces