Amazing! How fun!
  O.o I has that!! w00t!
  -_-; I sold that for five bucks...
  I know, I know!!!
  Not voting....
View Results

Javlon

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:14 pm
You may think that the Gold Cartridges are just cool-looking or something. But did you know that it's actually the unedited, uncensored version?? And if you proceeded to read, did you know that ONLY A FEW COPIES were released ONLY in Japanese and English?? I know found that out not tooo long ago, and I HAVE ONE OF THE GOLD CARTRIDGES. OMG!! They are worth, like, a milllion pounds to ANY true Zelda Fan.

Anyway, want to know the differences? Read on, my devoted friend!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ever see her say this in the Gamecube or Grey versions?

How about this one? Eh?? Hilarious!

And....GANON BLEEDS.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
In the unedited version (the left) he coughs up blood, which is pretty dramatic, no? But in the Gamecube and Grey versions, he musta had a bad cold.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He bleeds pretty dramatically here too, along with shoving his sword in Ganon's face.

This is in both N64 versions, but this symbol is absent in the crapp-I mean, edited GC versions.

Look how shiny the gold startup is. 'Tis beautifull!!! 4laugh

Obviously an awkward pause.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Apparantly I did a "Well" job of "Coming".

These are from the cart versions, not the GC version.

Why Oh why does the ball of DARK I repeat, DARK energy appear yellow in the GC versions???

And now my friends, you are enlightened! 4laugh Follow
this link to go to more fun secrets!  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:46 pm
I actually already did know about this!! But I'd never seen specifics; thank you very much for posting it!

And I get why that symbol on the mirror shield is censored out. It looks almost exactly like the emblem of the religion Islam, just flipped. They probably took it out in order to keep from offending people who aren't tolerant.

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

kai-a-la-mundo

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:56 pm
This strikes me as odd.

I have both GC and Grey version (I haven't really gotten around to beating OoT on the GC version because I use it only to play MM) but I have beaten it on the Grey version.

In my version, the girl says that, Ganondorf coughs up red, the old man says exactly that.

Plus when I stab Ganon in the face repeatedly like I'm on crack, he bleeds red. (And I have the Gerudo sign on my mirror shield... and my start up is shiny.)

Now the hippie in the desert says: "Well Come!" to me, but I don't get the awkward pause.

Could I possibly have a factory mishap?!

[If I'm not believed, I'm willing to go through, play the game and take pictures!! I'm crazy enough to do it too!!]

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:58 pm
Okay, I can believe the girl and the professor dude, but not
1. the blood.
2. the Well Come
3. the Mishap

And the Shiny gold one is the one on the right. -_-; sorry.
Oh, and the Gerudo Symbol was not changed until the GC version.
And tho I don't believe you, don't take pics, since that proves nothing.
BUT...
It IS possible that, if you got your game used, the paint was scratched off or repainted or something.

:]

Javlon

Junebug52

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:15 pm
WOW! Thanks for posting that. yeah, America sensors everything. That just takes the fun out. Thanks for posting it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:33 pm
Javlon
Okay, I can believe the girl and the professor dude, but not
1. the blood.
2. the Well Come
3. the Mishap

And the Shiny gold one is the one on the right. -_-; sorry.
Oh, and the Gerudo Symbol was not changed until the GC version.
And tho I don't believe you, don't take pics, since that proves nothing.
BUT...
It IS possible that, if you got your game used, the paint was scratched off or repainted or something.

:]
User Image
Looks pretty grey to me.

My pictures would be 100% true.
I don't own photoshop or any super-cool graphic altering program.

But I swear on my right ovary that he cough up red, the hippie says "Well Come", and the mishap was only a guestimate.

kai-a-la-mundo

Rinkuxo

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:35 pm
I've heard rumours that in a select few early copies of the grey version, Ganondorf coughs up white material instead of red or green. I've never seen a screenshot of this, though.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:50 pm
Junebug52
WOW! Thanks for posting that. yeah, America sensors everything. That just takes the fun out. Thanks for posting it! biggrin

No, they had to do it around the world. I LIVE IN IRELAND so there. ^^  

Javlon

Javlon

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:51 pm
Azeriss
I've heard rumours that in a select few early copies of the grey version, Ganondorf coughs up white material instead of red or green. I've never seen a screenshot of this, though.

Rumor= not true  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:57 pm
Thats cool i didnt know that. its sweet biggrin , its my favorite zelda game.  

Jim163

Jim163

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:19 pm
so how did you find out about these incontinuitys.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:15 am
iv noticed those differences but i didnt no if they wer tru or not. in my game i have the whole ganon bleeds thing but my friends had the green stuff. thank you for pointing that out. wait i have a grey cartrige and ganon bleeds. now im confused  

Transformed Empress Sarah

Javlon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:39 pm
Maybe there was a mix-up with some grey cartridges.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:14 pm
I think thats very weird and interesting and now I am tempted to go and see what's on my zelda game....  

Hesitancyyy

Timid Browser

10,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Timid 100

JETZacx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm
I'm popping up here saying that I have a grey cart that actually is the uncensored version of OoT. It's mainly the very first versions of the game - the first grey carts released and the more rare golden ones.

Also, the song in Fire Temple is different in the uncensored version. Newer versions had the chanting changed to that similar to the one heard in Shadow Temple.  
..::The Hangout::..

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff