Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:48 pm
User Image

A cool wind breezed through the shallow woods, but the afternoon sun was warm enough to make it bearable. Almost comforting. The rattling of leaves above was almost like a lullaby, and the scent of pine calming. Setsumi stood placidly in the inner woods of wide spaces and thin trees. It was peaceful and uncrowded, just how she liked it. Head was bowed forward, her brow resting against a tre trunk in her sleep. Long silky tail tickled at her ankles, and ears twitched ever now and then. But all in all, she was comfortable in her nap.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:03 pm
User Image
Mel trotted along happily, wondering what sort of adventure would find him today. If there even was an adventure at all. Some days it was just routine: wake up, run, eat..eat some more and run and go to sleep. Today he would go and find it instead of letting it find him like always. He'd never been into the woods before, well not since he was young, so that seemed like a good place to start. For some reason he always stuck to big fields and meadows so he had lots of space to run. Thinking of running always made him think of Porsche. She said he was a really good runner and a fast one too. But he wouldn't see her until the Summer months finally came.

As he moved along through the trees he spotted a brightly colored horse up ahead. Just standing there. Not moving. Was she hurt? Dead?? No she wouldn't be standing if she was dead. Duh. Mel just stood there with his head tilted at her, wondering what to do.

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:10 pm
Nostrils widened slightly to a new scent. But her awareness was slower to catch up, pulling herself out of the land of sleep. Twitching, her eyes fluttered open tiredly, adjusting and focusing in the odd light of the leaves shadows. And onec she was awake, her ears shot up in alertness, her nose quick to point her in the scent that woke her. Ah! A splash of blue broke through the familiar green and browns around her. Another Soquili!

Her legs sprung from the spot, placing her some paces further from the other. Almost like a deer spotting a hunter. How long had he been there? How long had she slept unaware? Careful of the branches and vines around her hooves, Setsumi turned teal eyes back to the stranger, snorting softly in the process. "Who are you...what do you want?..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:33 pm
Mel jumped back when she did, almost turning and bolting. C'mon! You're braver than that, don't run away! He stayed where he was, leaving the good distance between them unless she decided she wanted to take a chunk out of his hide for waking her up. "I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do. I mean if you were dead what was I supposed to do?? So...Yeah. I didn't really want anything, I just got here and saw you so I waited to see if you'd wake up and look you did!" He just nodded and looked around the woods. "My name's Mel. Well actually it's Melanthios but that's a mouthful so I shorten it," he nodded again. "If I'm bothering you I'll just leave."  

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:04 pm
One brow rose in stunned amusement. Did he almost just bolt?! A stallion...running away? Setsumi shook her head of the idea, guessing they were both just taken by surprise. Her tail was still swishing about in a fuss of anxiety. Another snort came, this one of his odd statement. "D..dead? You presumed I was standing here dead?" Well, she'd never heard that one before. Ill, maybe, but not dead.

The mare glanced around quietly, seeing if there were any other horses that might have wandered by too. Lucky, there wasn't any. She could imagine how foolish they'd look having this silly surprise. "Eh? I guess I did." What time was it anyway? Setsumi tilted her head to the other, listening as he gave his name. "Mel...Melanthios. I'm sorry for my behavior. I was just...surprised." She gave an apologetic smile. "My name's Setsumi. And please, don't take offense to what I said. You can dwell these woods too if you'd like."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:31 pm
Mel just shrugged at her. "Ya never know. Maybe you died and just fell against the tree the perfect way so you didn't fall on the ground...It could happen." He managed a smile now that they weren't as skittish and jittery. "You don't have to apologize, Setsumi. I was the creeper and snuck up on you so you had the right to act the way you did. And quite honestly I don't hang out in the woods very much. I prefer fields and meadows, big spaces, where I can run and...yeah run." He smiled again and took a step closer, shaking some leaves out of his braided tail.  

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:45 pm
"Maybe...." That would have taken some luck to land upright on the tree though. Hm. Setsumi rolled her eyes at the silly concept. "Either way, I'm not dead. And certainly hope to not be so for some time." She flicked her neck to get the long strands of hair out of her face, taking this time to go ahead and stride forward. "Haha, creeper? I suppose that is true. It did creep me out to wake up and suddenly have someone right there." She frowned then, turning to look back as her tail yet again snagged some twigs. Sigh. With a tug, she pulled forward, some leaves and brush clinging to the blue hairs.

"Oh? You're an athelete then? I'm not much the runner myself. Sprinter and leaper, yes." She'd often heard she was more antelope-like than horse, with how much skip she had to her quiet step.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:15 pm
"Yeah that's me, the creeper. Actually I'm not, I'm usually out there and loud so I announce my presence..most of the time. Here let me help you with that." He stepped forward and picked out the twigs and leaves from her tail. "I still don't see any good side to coming in the woods," he said as he stepped back so he was in front of her. "It's kinda cold, it's dirty, there's like no flowers which means no color. It's gloomy. Well except for you, you sure bring in a lot of color. Though I've never seen things like that on someone. Are those feathers? Very different but pretty cool."

Mel looked around for something to munch on but didn't see anything that looked remotely tasty so he motioned with his head to follow him back out to the 'real world', as he'd call it compared to this place. "I'm not really an athlete, I just think running is fun. I don't race either. It takes the fun out of it if there's a winner and a loser. You're not alone though, my really good friend isn't a runner but she kept up with me to the best of her ability. She wasn't very fast but I didn't mind." He smiled happily, thinking back to that fun day again.

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:26 pm
"Ahhh, I see. Then you're the life of the party, hm?" Out and about and loud too, why it only sounded like it.She wasn't too sure, considering she herself usually stood on the sidelines, speaking up only in smaller crowds. "Oh, um, thank you." She bent her neck, glad to see the tangles of rubble removed from her tail. Once he was done, she gave a grateful flick of the blue hairs. "Eh, you don't enjoy the woods? But it's not so cold, well, at least during certain hours of the day." But yes, it was dirty as her tail was just proof to that. Kindly, Setsumi shook her head in protest. "Not really, you can spot some amazing flowers or birds in the woods, if you look closely..."

She paused to nod at his question. "Yes, those are my feathers. Odd, I know." Feathered shoulders gave a shrug, unbothered by her strange features. Setsumi canted her head to the side though at Mel's gesture, and slowly she decided to follow. "Oh. I see. But at least you know you're fast, in case of emergencies. That's always useful." She listened in politely as he talked of races, and his friend who tagged along with him in his bouts of running. "Sounds cool. I may not be fast, I admit. But a steady pace does seem to get me far in the end." Teal eyes peeked as the woods began to clear, herself already looking about at the change of scenery.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:56 pm
Mel laughed as he stretched out his legs and let the sun warm his back now that he was out of the woods. "I don't think I'd call myself the life of the party. I'm just not shy I suppose." He listened carefully and almost didn't believe her about the flowers that grew in the woods. How would they get any sun to grow? Of course there would be birds, birds went everywhere with those wings they had.

"I don't think it's odd at all. Just different, which is good. Everything would be boring if everyone look the same." The dark colored stallion bent his head down and took a bite of some grass. "Sure being fast is helpful, and fun too, but slow and steady is also good in the long run. I haven't tested my endurance before but if it isn't very good then being fast doesn't do me any good. Hold onto that steady pace, it's also useful."

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:02 pm
The mare slowed as the got to the edge of the woods, herself staying on that edge like a cautious fox. "Yeah, shyness does tend to get in the way sometimes." But it was active and open individuals like Mel that seemed to lighten the mood for others. Setsumi too bent her neck to sniff at the grass, though not really craving a snack at the moment.

"Haha, I can imagine it to be fun. The wind in your hair and your blood pumping. It's a nice rush, I just get winded all the faster though." That's where endurance seemed to help. "So, then how did you run yourself into the woods, if you don't like it so much?" Her voiec held a hint of shy amusement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:08 pm
"Nothing wrong with shyness," he said as he smiled at her, chewing on more grass. "C'mon out, the sun feels so good on your fur. I just wanna lay down and roll in the grass...Maybe take a nap." He thought that sounded like a pretty damn good idea at the moment but not when he had company.

"Oh yeah, the wind through your hair is another good one. It feels like your flying when you run down hills. I guess that's the best you get without wings!" Mel looked at her when she asked her question and thought about that one for a second. "Well quite frankly since I never go in there, I figured there had to be unexplored adventures in the woods somewhere. And I found you so I was right!" He stuck out his chest proudly and went back to finding something good to munch on.

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:39 pm
Well, the sun did look warm. Thoughtfully, Setsumi stepped out to feel that warmth. Tail flicked lightly behind her as it trailed along. Soon the trees were gone, and the mare felt lost from her wooded home grounds. "Like flying, huh..." That would be a nice sensation.

Ears perked and Setsumi canted her head. "Oh really? Well, I'd never imagine finding someone an adventure." Had it been fun? Or worth stumbling through woods? The mare shook her head of such random thoughts before trotting out more, urged by the sun-cooked grass to munch on.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:45 am
Mel looked to her and nodded. "Yep like flying. My father has wings and my mother doesn't so he convinced her to jump off a high ledge with him and into the lake to get the experience of flying. I wish I could have seen it but I wasn't born then, I just heard the story. She said it really did feel like she was flying even if she was falling." He doubted he'd have the guts to do something like that but his parents were in love and she'd probably do anything for him.

"You don't consider meeting new people an adventure?" he asked curiously as he looked at her. "But you never know what might happen when you meet someone, you don't know what to expect. Sure sounds like an adventure to me!" He smiled and trotted around happily enjoying the warm sunshine.

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:02 am
J...jump off a ledge? Setsumi blinked as she imagined it, the fear of looking over. And then the pull on your gut while gravity took over. It sounded like someone could easily get motion sickness with the free fall. If not hurt. Good thing there was a lake to catch their jump. "It sounds amazing, but I don't think I could ever do that. Not unless it was an emergency." ^__^;

Blue hair swayed as she shook her head. "Exactly, you don't know what will happen." When she was younger yes, she was curious and always looking for adventure. Until one day she poked her nose in a bad situation with a cruel soquili. Snuffing, the mare pawed her hoof to the ground firmly. "I'd rather stay safe and calmthan roaming into trouble again.."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff