[PRP] Gentle Souls (Adrienne + River) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:26 am
User Image

Adrienne clipped along, humming something in a slightly tuneless way. She wasn't entirely sure what it was, maybe a tune her mother had sung to her whilst she was in her basket? It had been stuck in her head for the last few days, and she'd taken to carrying the melody when she was alone.
Which had been for almost a week now. Maybe because it was spring? she wondered to herself as she walked, her tail swishing. She'd not seen hide nor hair of a Soquili for days, and assumed that it was because spring had sprung, and that often led to thoughts off family, and making of families.

Well, that was something that she might never experience, despite the fervent wishes of her mother. She'd never found someone who'd stuck around with her. Oh, she would meet stallions, they would seem friendly enough, but paths never seemed to recross.
She let out a little sigh, coming to a halt in the middle of the meadow, the beauty of the day lost on the mare for a moment. Adrienne shook her mane, suddenly feeling silly. What was the point of moping? She had her health, and she was still pretty young. It would happen.

She tilted her head, distracted by a cluster of small blue wildflowers off to her left. Going over and sniffing them turned out to be a mistake, one small inhale and she started sneezing, her mane falling across her face as she did so...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

River knew they had to be close as he could smell them. This was their favorite game and they were good at it, but of course, with as little as they are, hiding was never a problem. He actually preferred to be the seeker because hiding for him was often an impossible feat. Soon he came upon a meadow and stumbled upon (quite literally) a log.

"Ouch", came a gruff voice from within.

"Shhhh, you'll give us away." came a softer, more feminine voice.

The stallion could hardly contain his laughter. "Oh, what a wonderful log this is," he boldly stated, unaware of the mare's presence nearby. "I do believe I will sit upon it with my nice, big --"

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!," Patches yelled and came running out of the log. "I don't want to be flattened."

His sister however, took her time coming out of the log, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. She was the more mature of the two. "Silly, he knows it's us. He was just teasing, right Papa River?"

"I never was one to fool you, Tiger," he replied, lowing his head to give the two kittens a good nuzzle. "Run along now and play," he ordered gently, "We've been waiting a long time for that snow to melt." The large stallion turned to give the meadow a once over and spotted the mare. He lowered his head in greeting and began to walk over, keeping a careful eye on the kittens that were running around.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:55 am
Adrienne huffed upwards, then lifted a leg, rubbed her nose against her knee. Another shake and she'd finally managed to get the strands off her face. She looked around her, turning on the spot to see if anyone had spotted her with a face of hair, her ears going back as she spotted a Soquili moving towards her.

Great, days and no one, and I have company when I look a twit.' She gave a little sigh, but simply smiled at the approaching..stallion? He was certainly large enough, even from the distance he seemed to be a bigger build than she was. He was also easy on the eye, she admired the white of him, and the blue that tinged the end of this mane and tail.

'Hello.' she said when he was in range, and she bowed her own head, letting one leg bend as she did so. She straightened, watching him as he got closer. She had not yet noticed his smaller companions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:09 am
"Hello!," he stated back as he neared, finally stopping a few feet from the mare. "My, it's a beautiful day." The stallion closed his eyes and took in the scent of the meadow. It really was a lovely day and Spring was his favorite season. Everything came back to life in the Spring with full force and determination. How could that not be exciting and motivational?

He turned to check on the kittens, "Don't wander too far, now." Patches had a knack for wanting to explore and forgetting how far he's gone but with Tiger with him, he probably didn't have much to worry about. "I brought the little ones out to play," he explained to the mare before continuing on, "as it's such a wonderful day. What brings you out here?"

She was a lovely mare, he noted. Her coloring reminded him vaguely of a fawn though her hair was as pale as a glowing moon or perhaps the snow that had finally left them. It was an interesting combination to say the least.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:28 am
'It is!' she replied, nodding in agreement. It was a lovely spring day, the sun had finally decided to show itself, and it felt warmer than in weeks past. She smiled as he took the time to enjoy his surroundings. Unless this was all some great act on the stallion's part, he seemed a pleasant enough fellow.

'Little ones?' she enquired. She looked around him. Not seeing foals, it took a moment to realise he was actually speaking of the two gambolling creatures. It took a moment for her to place what they actually were, as she didn't often see cats. Was that odd?

'Oh, me?' she was thrown for a moment, now terribly curious as to what a big fellow like himself was doing with two young companions. She knew of familiars, her own mother had a vixen who she was great friends with but this still seemed..weird. She wouldn't be anything but polite though. They were kind of cute after all.
'Just enjoying the day. I was hoping for company and it looks like my wish was granted.' she gave a small laugh at that. She remembered her manners again and introduced herself.
'I am Adrienne, and I'm pleased to meet you.'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:04 am
"It's certainly the type of day to warrant good company," he agreed. It seemed his luck was changing lately. The last few soquili he had stumbled upon had all be sweet and nice. Perhaps things were finally changing for the better? He wouldn't have a problem bringing the kittens out more if he didn't have to worry about Kalona or Skinwalkers so much. He felt a little guilty that he kept them secluded in the words but with all the games they played, there was never a complaint.

"Adrienne," he repeated. It was a pretty name. "Adrienne, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well. I am called River." It was more of a nickname than a name, but neither he nor anyone else knew his real name. The mare that took him in had found him passed out beside a river, half drowned and completely soaked. Since then, that's what he had been called. It was as fine a name as any, he reckoned.

"The kittens prowling nearby are known as Patches and Tiger. I adopted them a few months back. Patches is a bit of a troublemaker so you might have to watch out for him. Tiger is the complete opposite. She's quite intelligent for her age." He couldn't help but beam with pride at mentioning his little ones. He knew that most found it extremely odd that he took in two kittens and cared for them like a father would but all he could think about was what would have happened if someone hadn't taken him in long ago. Besides, family was what you made of it.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:03 pm
'River? That's an interesting name.' Adrienne commented. Not knowing the reasoning behind it, she simply thought that it suited him very well.

'They are cute little bundles.' she said with a little smile. This really was a strange situation, and she still didn't know what to think about this big, strong looking stallion..well, she guessed she could overlook the oddity in order to get to know him. After all it could be worse. He was a grounded like her, and certainly wasn't a Kalona.

'So do you have, um, other family in these parts then? If I may ask of course.'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:02 am
"I don't mind any questions," he stated honestly. It wasn't often that he had a chance to talk to anyone, nor had anyone interested in knowing anything about him. He found it to be a nice change.

"No, I don't have any family. I do not recall what my parents looked like or what happened. My earliest memory was seeing an old mare wake me up near the river when I was just a little colt. Apparently, I had fallen in and was swept down the river for quite a ways. She said it was a miracle that I hadn't drowned and she took me in. We had travelled for many days up the river but we had never found any mares or stallions looking for a son or sign of struggle that could explain what happened to me. It was then that the mare named me River in honor of the obstacle I over came to live and where she had found me. She passed away two winters ago."

Worried that his story sounded too melancholy he quickly added, "I have had very happy life with Marabel. She has been nothing but a mother to me and had taught me to enjoy life as it comes. Even through dark moments can come happiness. What about you? Do you have any family in these parts, Adrienne?"

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:57 am
She nodded. He didn't seem to be (from first impressions at any rate) one of those Soquili's that would get prickly about personal questions, but her Mother had always tried to give her children good manners.
'I am sorry that you don't know who or where your parents are. And that the mare who raised you is no longer with us.'
Adrienne realised just how lucky she was. Her family, from what she knew so far, was very large, she'd not even met all her relatives so far!

She nodded, gently huffing her mane out her eyes as she looked at River.
'I do. I was born and raised in this area. I have six siblings, two older sisters and one older brother. And I am one of four, I have two brothers and a sister of the same age as me. I know that at least one of my older relatives has had children and grandchildren.'
Adrienne's tail gently swished along the floor, and she closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the sun on her back before looking at the large male again.

'So it's just you, Patches and Tiger huh? Do you ever get lonely for your own kind?'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:32 am
"There is nothing to be sorry for," he replied, "I've really lived a good life, despite my past. I have no regrets and no worries." He grinned broadly. He really didn't want to give off the wrong impression. He fully believed that certain events led up to the life he had now and he enjoyed every minute of it, or at least tried to.

His eyes grew wide as she talked about her family. Six siblings? That was an astounding thought to River, who now found himself wondering if he had any brothers or sisters out in the world. "I doubt you ever had a bored moment in your youth," River teased. It must have been nice to have constant playmates about, most of which were the same age.

He wasn't quite sure how to answer her next question. He never really thought about it before. "I never feel lonely," he admitted, "until moments such as this when I am talking to someone. To me, the kittens really are no different than any other company, so I suppose the loneliness only comes when I realize how much I enjoy talking to someone around my own age. I have kept to myself so long that I guess I got a bit used to it."

River turned to check on the kittens once more. It really was nice to just talk to someone similar to him. It felt like it had been so long since he had last spoke to Eponine which had been his only acquaintance thus far, outside of Patches and Tiger. "I wonder if I might grow used to finding such pleasant company," he teased.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:20 am
'I'm glad,' Adrienne gave a bright smile at River.
'I don't like those types of Soquili that are all 'doom and gloom' about everything. Sure, life can have tough times, but you can't get mired in that.'

Adrienne nodded at that;
'Well yes, but sometimes having a big family isn't always fun. Older siblings watching over you, and I get the feeling I'm supposed to be following my sister's example and finding love and making my own family.' she said with a wry expression.
'I mean, I know those things are good, finding another that can cherish you, or keep you company in a way that friends don't is always a good thing. I just assumed it might not happen.'

She nodded again.
'I must be truthful in that I thought it slightly unusual to see you with your adoptive family. But I can see that they bring you alot of light in your life. And that's good.'
The mare grinned at his latter comment;
'I can be silly company for you if you'd like? Just for a change.'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:10 am
"Exactly," he agreed. Of course, he hadn't experienced anything extremely bad so he didn't want to judge all creatures and their reactions to events in their lives, but he certainly felt that if someone tried to look at the things that made them happier, they would eventually become happier.

River chuckled, "Life wouldn't be very interesting if we all acted the same. Some are meant to have families and others listen to a different calling. Everything that is meant to happen, happens in due time. There's no real need to rush off into any decision, though I mean no disrespect to your sister. That is most likely her calling. It doesn't mean that it would also be yours, though."

Having a family sounded nice. Marabel wasn't like your typical mother. Though she had come to really care for him, she let him pretty much do whatever he wanted though she had taught him about being kind to all living creatures. She never told him what he should do with his life. It was always for him to decide.

"Well," he started, a slight blush coming to his face, "It probably does come off as unusual but I wonder if things would have been different if someone else had found the kittens. I'd like to believe that any one would have had it in them to give them a home."

Another chuckle came forth at her final comment. "I don't know, Adrienne. 'Silly' sounds just as pleasant."

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:06 am
'Well I know that. I get the feeling that my mother will be a little disappointed if I turn out to be the only daughter that didnt make her grandmother. She loves that our family is so huge, all the life that came from her and my fathers love.'
Adrienne's ears flicked at that. It was a pretty way at looking at it, and she really didn't want her mother to feel any kind of disappointment.
'I'm still doing my own thing. If it happens, I guess it was meant to be. I kind of also want to know what all the fuss is about at any rate.' she giggled. Curiosity was a strange basis for a relationship after all, she probably just sounded a little foolish now.

'You think? Not everyone, not every Soquili is as nice as you are.' she said in a frank way.
'They are very lucky to have such a strong guardian. Have you thought about when they grow up?'
She assumed they must grow at some point. Nothing stayed young forever, and when animals grew, they tended to want independence. She hoped it wasn't too touchy a question for the gentle-seeming stallion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:50 am
River nodded, "I am sure she would as it's natural for a grandparent to want to be surrounded in the foals, but it sounds like she really loves her family and is proud of them. I am sure that even with some disappointment, she would rather her daughter be truly happy and do what she wants in life." Of course, he really didn't know the family in question and felt a little guilty that he was taking a liberty with speaking about them but Adrienne made her family sound darling and loving so he hope he was on the right path in his thinking.

The stallion scrunched up his face in thought, not thinking that it might look a bit comical to onlookers. He had never been in a relationship and try as he might, he couldn't even imagine what one would be like. He had never given it any thought. What would change exactly? Outside of the obvious. He knew all about the breeding process but he had never been told what it was like actually being with someone for the majority of the day. He wasn't sure if he would like it or not as he had been a solitary creature for so long. There must be something to it though for it to bring enjoyment to so many.

"No, not everyone is nice," he admitted sadly. He knew that all too well. It seemed like a day could not go by that some horrendous act wasn't whispered amongst the woodland creatures. It made it even more important that those that did have kindness in their hearts kept it. They were the light in the darkness that was taking over the lands. "I am sure that when they grow up, they will want to venture off on their own. I am comfortable with that fact and I cherish the moments I do have with them." He paused briefly to look at them. He would surely miss them when that day came but it was important that they lived their own lives -- when they were old enough to do so.

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:43 pm
'I guess so, but it confuses me because I don't know whether I would like to have a family because it's what I want, or just because my mother would like to see me that way.'
Adrienne didn't mind him talking about her family, he wasn't being rude, he was merely sounding sensible.

She giggled a little as his facial expression; what had caused that funny look? Adrienne quieted herself quickly, in case he didn't like being laughed at. She nodded at his next words.
'It's unfortunate, but yes. I know that there are..killers out there. Those that prey on smaller creatures, that live on the flesh of others.' she actually shivered at the thought.

'I was just wondering, I'm glad that you are positive about it.' she gave him a smile.
'You know, if you do ever decide to make a family with some lucky mare, you'll be a wonderful father.'
It wasn't her trying to flirt or anything, he was caring and seemed to have a wise head.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff