Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:49 pm
User Image

Amadet was rushing on her way back to the Swamps, though she wasn't entirely sure of her path there. It seemed like she'd traveled so far away that it wasn't going to be an easy walk back. Of course, she was also well aware that she was being followed- the goddess had sent that horrible little bird to follow her, or so Amadet assumed. The little feathered rat was following her and not saying anything to her, and she had been around when they argued.

It was late afternoon and Amadet was feeling rather like she wasn't going to get where she was going tonight, and the idea that Mtima'safi might get there first was clawing at the back of her mind. It was impossible for the goddess to know but.. it could happen, and Amadet did not want to lose her babies. Feeling annoyed, she decided maybe she could take out her frustration on the little bird. Stopping in her little 'stroll' to the swamps, she turned around to try to figure out where she was now.

User Image

Kiongozi was doing a great job, if she did say so herself- and she would have, if she had anyone to talk to. After all, she still knew exactly where Amadet was- that was very good by itself. It took some vigilance to keep good track of a lioness, and it went against her better judgement. And she hoped Kunda wouldn't be too grumpy about being left behind when she did get to go home. When she saw Amadet turn around, she circled around to look a bit less obvious and looked for a place to perch for a moment. She'd earned a break!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:10 pm
User Image

Ezeoha had strayed away from the Pridelands once again, mainly because in his search for companionship it was better to get away from the place of one's birth. It would be a horrible mistake for inbreeding to occur (though Ez did not realize that his second oldest litter were all inbred), and he wanted to avoid it as much as he possibly could. That was why it was easier to go out of the Pridelands when he felt like being with a female. It decreased the chance of him running into relatives and complicating things. The golden lion's need for companionship did not dwindle much even with the arrival of one litter, and another one of the way. He had more than sixteen cubs under his belt, or at least that was about how much he was aware of. Still, though normally he would be satisfied for a long while, his need for females grew. It had never been like this in the beginning, but it was a growing addiction, one he could simply not ignore. Simple flirting would likely satisfy him.

So it was that when he saw a female in the distance, he could not help but head directly towards her. She was of more neutral coloring, though Ezeoha certainly didn't mind. Most of the lionesses he ended up with were of earthy, natural tones. This was definitely not a problem for him, and he found the female to be beautiful. He could not help but risk getting yelled and clawed at in exchange for a few minutes of harmless flirtations. If it came to something more, so be it, but he wouldn't press his luck so early on in the game. He would still play it... safe, at least a little. "Mhhhm, hello there!" He called out to Amadet, letting it be known that he was intending to talk to her. Only when he managed to get closer to her did he introduce himself in a warm voice, "I'm Ezeoha."

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:25 pm
Males were the last thing on Amadet's mind, the only one even close was her own son Pepo- and perhaps Gharadi, wondering if he was keeping them as safe as he had promised, if he would meet the goddess before she ever got to them, if he would believe the goddess.. but that was ridiculous to worry about, Mtima'safi had no idea, not one, about where to find them. Amadet had to keep reminding herself.

Her orange eyes followed the honeyguide bird swirling in the air, her attention so focused that she didn't even notice when Ezeoha appeared in the distance and made his way towards her- not until he was close enough to call out to her. Her head snapped down and her orange eyes immediately went to the male. Gold, a safe distance away and rather friendly looking. Unfortunately, Amadet was not in a very happy mood.

"Ezeoha," she repeated, eying him almost curiously and not looking as friendly as him, "I'm Amadet." No harm in introducing herself, she decided, wondering if there was something he needed or if he enjoyed talking to strangers.

Kiongozi quickly spotted a tree, lonely and surprisingly not far away from the pair of lions, no matter where they decided to stand. She could at least keep an eye on the brown lioness from there, and with that in mind she swooped down to perch on one of the leafy branches. Had she known Amadet had been looking to confront her (or worse), Kiongozi would certainly have appreciated that Ezeoha presented a distraction from the perch she chose. Ruffling her feathers, she settled in comfortably and watched the pair of lions.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:41 pm
Oh-ho-ho. Ezeoha hadn't been able to determine that she was in a bad mood from the distance away from her he had been earlier. But, now that he was close enough to determine her current disposition, he realized that he would really, really have to keep it cool with his flirtations. She wasn't in a good mood, and if Ezeoha became overly flirtatious he was likely to get hurt. Ezeoha liked coming home in one piece, so for now he would only casually compliment her and slowly drive her into a better mood. It was the least he could do, make an upset lioness less upset. Maybe in the end she would come to enjoy his presence, and they could progress further than simple conversation. Ezeoha, though, would not get his hopes up. She didn't seem like the kind of lioness he could get with, and though that was disappointing, he had struck up conversation and so was not just going to randomly get up and leave. That would likely only worsen her day, and he did not wish ill will upon her.

"Well, it's certainly a pleasure to be meeting such a fine lioness as yourself," he replied in a silky, soothing voice. He was hoping to lighten the mood somewhat with his flattery of her, because surely he did not want to spend his 'precious' time in the presence of someone who was a grouch. "How might you be?" Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a bird, but seeing as birds weren't very important to him, he ignored the extra presence. He only cared about felines, because that was all he had relationships with. Friendship, family, love, all of that he experienced with other felines - not with birds. Birds didn't even make tasteful meals, so Kiongozi was put to the back of his mind immediately after Ezeoha registered that she was a bird.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:53 pm
Amadet's ears flickered a bit when she heard the leaves rustle as Kiongozi picked a spot to perch- she might not have seen it, but she would know roughly where to look, there weren't many trees around. She was surprised when the next thing that came out of Ezeoha's mouth was a very fine, careful compliment- it was not something that Amadet was used to. She'd only had cubs because she'd managed to trick Wahabu, and Gharadi had not necessarily tried so directly to befriend her.

"Pleasure's all mine," she replied politely, though not without a touch of surprise- seeming to drop the outright frustration she felt, though it didn't stop her reply to his other question from being any more cheerful, "I've been better, and things seem to be getting worse." That said, Amadet couldn't help but glance off towards the tree Kiongozi had gone to- the stupid thing's mere presence a reminder of why she was rushing around.

It was at Amadet's glance towards the tree that Kiongozi realized she knew that she was being followed, and that Amadet might be nearing the end of her patience with it. She would have to be a little more careful from now on, if she wanted to keep on her task and remain safe. Kiongozi might be willing to be helpful (for a price) but she would not risk her own feathers for anyone, not even for a goddess.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:06 pm
He smiled genuinely when she showed her surprise at being complimented, and already he could tell that he had somehow managed to soften her up. That was all she needed, someone to go out of their way to make her feel good, and Ezeoha could do that. He might even be happy doing it and getting nothing in return. Ezeoha wasn't by far a greedy lion, and though it seemed that way with how many females he took up with... it wasn't true. He got as much pleasure from helping others as he did from helping himself, and after having a recent litter of cubs and another one on the way... he truly didn't need anything other than to satisfy his urge to flirt. Complimenting in its own way was flirting, so he figured himself set for the day. It simply felt good for him to be in the presence of a female, and it felt even better to begin to enjoy her company. So long as she didn't sink back into her grumpy mood, he was content to stay and chat with her.

"It's a little easy to tell that something has your mood down past it's normal point," he admitted with a sheepish smile. Following her gaze to the tree where the bird had landed, and there he realized was where her problem lied. A pesky bird was bothering the heck out of her. Of course, though, Ezeoha had no idea how to alleviate this pain. He couldn't very well climb a tree and get rid of the bird for her. Ezeoha wasn't willing to show that kind of lack of grace. "And it seems like a certain bird is the source of your troubles... am I correct?" He glanced away from the tree and back to Amadet, focusing his attention solely on the beautiful lioness in front of him. Pity it was that he really couldn't flirt with her as much as he liked.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:19 pm
Amadet hadn't really had anyone be just nice to her since her first meeting with Gharadi, and she'd later lied to him and made him take care of her six cubs- which she'd gotten through other manipulations, and she was now paying for it. Though she would never admit it. According to her, she was not yet paying- she still had a chance to get to her cubs first, and she would, and everything would be just fine. She wasn't the least bit surprised to hear him comment on her mood, though it didn't help her feel much better- calling a cranky person cranky usually only made things worse, though he obviously tried hard to be nice about it. And he was observant enough to notice the bird.

"You could say that," she agreed, turning her head fully now to glare at Kiongozi in the tree before looking back at Ezeoha, "It's not necessarily that the bird is there, more why it is." Amadet did not explain more, though she did wonder how much she might confide in the stranger. Perhaps she could get directions to the Swamp, some indication that she was in the right direction.

Kiongozi jumped when she heard Ezeoha mention her, realizing not only had Amadet noticed her but the other lion had as well- and now they were actually talking about her. The little bird puffed importantly when Amadet hinted that she knew exactly why she was being followed, not too surprised to learn that- but then, there was a part of her that was surprised. After all, she was convinced that the brown lioness was insane. She'd acted that way when she'd met Mtima'safi, now this poor lion was being drawn in with how calm and reasonable she seemed. Poor boy, Kion almost thought she should warn him. But then, there would be no reason to, no benefit for her other than perhaps causing Amadet a bit of trouble.

But that wasn't why she was here. So she stayed in her tree, though she hopped along the branch a bit to get closer to the cover of leaves.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:46 pm
Yes, it seemed as if the only cure to the situation was to get rid of the bird, but that was nearly impossible. It was most certainly out of Ezeoha's range of abilities, though he did want the bird gone for Amadet's sake. The golden lion simply wouldn't put all of his effort into climbing a tree just for the bird to fly away. It might mean that the bird would leave Amadet alone for a little while... but it wasn't a permanent solution to the problem. Ezeoha would just have to settle for glaring at the branch the little bird was perched on and willing the creature away. To Ezeoha lions were more important than birds, and even if he knew Amadet wasn't exactly sound of mind he'd probably still back her. The reason behind that was because he could come to pity Amadet for her failing features, but never could he picture himself pitying a bird. They laid eggs. That was the source of all their troubles. He would hate having to stare at an egg all day, waiting for a chick to hatch. He wanted to see the life himself as soon as it was brought into the world. He didn't want to have to stare at a shell for days on end, waiting for the moment the baby would break free from its prison.

"I wish I could get rid of the bird for you, then, but I think it is way beyond my capabilities. So... let's forget the bird," he nodded his head, deciding that the best solution was to forget the bird for the time being. With a slow smile he walked passed her, gesturing with a short nod of his head for her to follow. "Let's take a walk. I know of a watering hole somewhere near here, and it's got plenty of shade for you to relax in and forget your problems for the time being. So... how about it?" He genuinely cared about making her happy, simply because he couldn't stand to see any lioness as lovely as herself unhappy. He couldn't do much, but he would still do all that he could to see a smile on her face.

Sometimes, rare times, he could be selfless.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:14 pm
Amadet had to settle for glaring at Kiongozi as well, since she was far from going to yell at the little thing while there was someone else right there. That wouldn't be very good manners, and she doubted it would leave a very good impression- and he was only trying to be nice. The idea of going and relaxing was tempting, tempting in that she hadn't just sat and relaxed for the longest time.. but she'd been going on for so long. She'd looked for Mtima, found Habu instead, had cubs, weaned them and left them to look for Mtima again.. and now she was racing a goddess back to the Swamps to save her babies from the horrible ideas the goddess would no doubt put in their heads. And nothing was more important than that, no matter how nice Ezeoha was being.

"I can't," she said finally, "I can't relax- but maybe you can help me. I need to-" She paused, lowering her voice a bit- "I need to get to the swamps, to a pride called the Jini-msemi. I know the way, but I'm not entirely sure if I know it from here."

Kiongozi clicked her beak at the idea of being got rid of, but she was pleased to hear that they knew there was nothing they could do about it. She wondered if Amadet would actually take a break from rushing home- wherever that was- to go and relax with the golden lion. It would have surprised the small bird, a great deal. Thinking she might need to follow along, always willing to be prepared, she hopped from the tree using her wings to soften the fall. It was almost like a game, a very amusing one, to follow the lioness. Amadet hadn't been as amusing as she had been when talking to Mtima, though, but she hadn't spoken to anyone until now. Maybe she would get funny again.

Hopping closer carefully- fully aware that she was in danger if she wasn't careful to stay hidden- she listened. Just when Amadet started asking for help, Kion was within reasonable audible range- and she froze, wondering if this might be helpful to her- and then Amadet lowered her voice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:33 pm
He looked vaguely disappointed when she said that she couldn't go and relax with him. It was rejection in a small sense, but he did not mind. He was merely sad that he was not going to be able to get to know her any more than he already did, because if she didn't want to relax, that meant that she had to be on her way soon. It was saddening to see such a pretty lioness go, and only after he had gotten in one compliment about her. This wasn't how most of his meetings went, and he wasn't exactly used to it... letting someone go only after having spoken with them for a few moments. But, she obviously wanted to be on the move again, and Ezeoha could not find it within his heart to hold her back. In response to her saying that she couldn't relax with him, he merely shrugged his shoulders and gave her a boyish smile. "That's all right, I've got to head back to the Pridelands soon anyways and check up on some of my cubs." It wasn't entirely true - he could afford to stay away a while longer, but eventually he would have to return to them.

When she asked for his help, he was all but too eager to give it to her. It could be his final gift to her, to make her even a little bit more happier. He vaguely knew where the Swamp Pride was, the knowledge having come to him some time in his younger years, but still he didn't know much about the Swamp Pride, just the general direction that it was in. Hearing her voice lower, though, he decided it was best to answer in the same quieter voice. "You just head in that direction," he nodded his head in the general direction, "and I heard that eventually you'll stumble across the Swamp Pride. Perhaps you'll meet some landmark on your way that you recall that will better guide you than I can." He smiled kindly at her. "Well, I guess this will be good bye, then?"

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:54 pm
Amadet knew he was disappointed by his expression, his reluctant comment that he should head back home soon anyway. She was mildly surprised to hear he had to check up on his cubs- until she realized he'd said 'some of'. He had cubs, and by the sounds of it possibly more than one group. That made it a bit less surprising, and his kindness was momentarily questioned- though she decided it best to offer some explanation.

"I'm sorry, I need to find my cubs, someone is after them," she explained, vague and making it sound much worse than it truly was- though to her, the worst thing that could happen would be for Mtima to find them and manage some way so that she could never see them again, "I can't relax until I get back to them." She glanced off in the direction he indicated, with a slight nod. She was near the Pridelands, and it was that way- she would be able to find her way now. She was near a place she knew, she would get there soon!

Kion stood still, trying to listen to what they say. By mere chance, she better heard what Ezeoha said when he spoke up despite his hushed voice. It was very likely because his voice was deeper than Amadet's- and with that, Kiongozi knew exactly where the lioness was heading now. She clicked her beak trying not to laugh when Amadet said someone was after her cubs. An angry grandmother trying to protect cubs from a lunatic mother, hardly as bad as she made it sound.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:11 pm
He looked upset at the news that someone was after her cubs, because he could just imagine it happening to his own children. Ezeoha would stop at nothing to keep his cubs safe. That was just the kind of father he was. He would sacrifice his life for them if given the opportunity. He would do so even for the cubs that he barely knew, or even cubs of his that he had never met before. Children always made his heart weak with the need to keep them safe. He was quite the maternal male lion, and this was likely because his second litter had been raised solely by him. He had to be the mother and the father to keep them well balanced. He had even kept his flirtations to a minimum when he had cubs to raise on his own. Now, though, his babies were being raised by their mothers as well, so he was free to keep up his flirtations. That didn't mean that he wouldn't do everything for his offspring. He was their father still, after all.

"Don't apologize to me for needing to do what you do for your cubs, if someone was after them I would let no one stop me from getting to them first." He didn't need further explinations. He understood as a parent her need to get to her children, though if light was shed on the situation there was a chance that he'd change his mind about things. "Go now then, Amadet. Get back to your children, and I should go back to mine. I do love to dote on them, and I miss them when I'm gone for too long." He gestured with his paw for her to get on her way.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:27 pm
Amadet knew that he understood immediately when he looked distressed at the idea, she was sure as a father he would understand her worries- no matter how many he was a father to, he at least sounded like he cared before. When he spoke up the idea was confirmed and she smiled sadly at him.

"She has no idea where they are, and now that I know which way I'm going there should be no stopping me getting there first," she said gratefully, stepping back to get going on her way again, "Thanks to you, thank you very much." Knowing she was close, being given more hope that she could get there in no time.. that was more than enough to cheer up the flustered lioness. Ezeoha couldn't have done anything better for her. With a last smile, she turned to head off for the Swamps once again. If she kept going through the night, perhaps she could be there in no time.

Kion had to hop back several large steps quickly when suddenly Amadet was heading directly towards her. With a flutter, she hopped up into the air- just too late to be seen by Amadet, which was fine by her. The Swamps, that's where she had to go- no, that was where Mtima'safi had to go. Kiongozi had to figure out where the goddess was though. Before she went off, though, she glanced back at Ez with a slight shake of the head. Poor boy- but then, he'd been very helpful in the right side of this little dispute as well. He was only trying to be nice, couldn't really hold that against him.

With a chirp, the avian went higher in the air to go after Amadet. Until Mtima'safi found her, that was her only option.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games