Reply General Sports Discussion
Who is the biggest bandwagon team? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sonichedgehog88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:12 pm
Where I go to college (in north Georgia), almost no one really cares about baseball, but if pressed they all push for the Red Sox. When asked why, it's because they don't like the Yankees. Well, I don't like the Yankees either, but why not pick a team closer to home, like the Braves? No good answer. They ignore the teams closest to them and just pick the team that is most opposed to the Yankees. Only a few of them could say anything more meaningful about the Red Sox other than naming a few of the players.

But then, none of them really pay any attention to baseball anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:46 pm

`Phoenix Suns, SD Chargers, New York Giants, Denver Nuggets, and the Red Sox all have a major number of bandwagon fans.

Aquarela Do Brazil

nickpotkovac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:18 pm
Patriots and Yankees  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Salvation Angel

NFL: Dallas Cowboys (I ask people that say they like the Cowboys whose on the team and they dont know stressed )

That's because nobody likes the Cowboys. Tony Romo never should've been compared to Favre because that screwed him up from the pressure, and if he wasn't dating Jessica Simpson that dumb ho, he wouldn't have a jinx and his team would be a hell of a lot better. And TO, what an a** HOLE. Answering a call during a game? Does he think that the world revolves around him or what? He may be a good player, but he isn't worth it. And the coach that they had before the fat guy, what scum! And now I hear that Cedric Benson might be signing to their team (good riddance, we don't need him in Chicago!) from the news stations.

Dallas has players that are so nasty that the team is nasty. And I can understand why that team is a bandwagon!  

OMG ITS SUZIE

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:29 pm
I do have to say, I sort of jumped onto the Boston Celtics bandwagon during the NBA playoffs. I liked the team as a whole, and thought that the bench was deep. I wanted to root against the Lakers, who were the favorite a bit overrated, even though the Celtics had the better overall season. Also, I really wanted Doc Rivers, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen to all win an NBA Finals Championship (especially Pierce).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:15 am
I love the SF Giants, whether they are 72-90 or 100-62. I am following them this season, just as I did the last season and ever since I can remember. Other fans are not the same: most loved the Giants from 2000 - 2004 and the rest stayed to watch Barry Bonds break the HR record; now they don't care at all about the Giants. They just laugh about them. I expect to see more "Giants fans" around 2015, which should be the latest year by which the Giants become World Series contenders.

Other bandwagon teams:

GS Warriors

Boston Red Sox (a team that I loved a lot more before 2004 but whom I still love)

Yankees

Patriots  

doc.hyphae

KaiRMD1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:47 pm
GS Warriors?

Maybe.....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:34 am
New Bandwagon team to add: Chicago SOX and Cubbies.

I like New york and have been a fan of all the new york city teams since i was a little kid. I even liked the mets in 2001. That was one of their worst years. I still like the Yankees and Mets and Knicks.  

thewingsword

doc.hyphae

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:15 pm
KaiRMD1
GS Warriors?

Maybe.....

Nobody cared about them for over ten years, and after Baron Davis came and when they finally made the playoffs in 2006-07, games started selling out again. I'm a Bay Area native and have tried to get tickets to Warriors games, but nowadays that's extremely hard with games being sold out all the time. Everybody loves them now! If that's not a bandwagon team, I don't know what is.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:04 am
New England Patriots
Celtics- I was torn in between... i love my lakers, but i want the Pierce/Allen/Garnett to get a ring
Cowboys- i love them, i`m from dallas
Yanks
Detroit Pistons  

DuMaKenshinXD

miles18

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:42 pm
OMG ITS SUZIE
Salvation Angel

NFL: Dallas Cowboys (I ask people that say they like the Cowboys whose on the team and they dont know stressed )

That's because nobody likes the Cowboys. Tony Romo never should've been compared to Favre because that screwed him up from the pressure, and if he wasn't dating Jessica Simpson that dumb ho, he wouldn't have a jinx and his team would be a hell of a lot better. And TO, what an a** HOLE. Answering a call during a game? Does he think that the world revolves around him or what? He may be a good player, but he isn't worth it. And the coach that they had before the fat guy, what scum! And now I hear that Cedric Benson might be signing to their team (good riddance, we don't need him in Chicago!) from the news stations.

Dallas has players that are so nasty that the team is nasty. And I can understand why that team is a bandwagon!
So basically, because they have only four players that the media focuses a lot of attention on (especially when they lose a game), (Romo, T.O., Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones), they are a nasty team?? Yeah your whole post.......automatic FAIL!!!!....You're basing opinions about the team because of personalities and Jessica Simpson and its depressing. I'm really sick and tired of hearing Jessica Simpson's name coming up when the team loses. Also its more than just Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones that they picked up. Some guys have been on this team for more than one season, kicking a** and making names for themselves (In a positive way), I know you dont want to hear that but its the truth and you just need to shut up and accept it. How about Demarcus Ware, Greg Ellis, Jay Ratliff, Terence Newman, Anthony Henry, Ken Hamlin??? Knowing you, you're probably saying 'who the hell is he talking about' and/or 'I don't give a damn if he's knows who's on the team, I still hate them'.

See I'm a TRUE fan of the Cowboys. I kept up with the team well before they became a great football team again. I would like to tell you to go "F" yourself 10 times for saying nobody likes the cowboys in extreme anger, but it's not necessary. I'll just say that you're wrong and that many people love the cowboys. I'll tell you what I told some other guy last week about Tony Romo. He's one of the best QBs in the league and dating Jessica has nothing to do with his performance on the field. Accept it for what it is, or be some a*****e hater that prays week after week for his demise. 3nodding

The fact is some people are just jealous because Tony Romo's dating her, and he stays focused enough to ignore the media, go on the field week-after-week and bust his a** to get a win for the team anyway!!!! If Marion Barber has a bad game you gonna blame Jessica?? Oh and T.O. they hate T.O. because he goes on the field and busts his a** to help the team win a game. If you ever watched a Cowboys game. You'll see T.O. make blocks for the running backs and receivers, so don't bother calling him selfish. Even if he had a bad performance, it would have had something to do with defensive coverage, however this opens up things for the other receivers to make plays for the team. Yeah, thats what it means to be an offensive playmaker. Youre so good that the coverage is watching you while your teammates can get open to win football games, and if they let up on their coverage, then you come back and smoke them with a big play or a touchdown. rofl

With all this being said. Yeah that have become a bandwagon team. Although, I focus on the people that hate them and think to myself the Cowboys still don't get credit for being a good team. I believe many picked against them so far in ALL 3 games, and Dallas delivered a big "******** you" to all the nay-sayers. This team is for real, offensively and defensively. Teams like the Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers. Those ARE REAL BANDWAGON TEAMS.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:22 am
miles18
OMG ITS SUZIE
Salvation Angel

So basically, because they have only four players that the media focuses a lot of attention on (especially when they lose a game), (Romo, T.O., Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones), they are a nasty team?? Yeah your whole post.......automatic FAIL!!!!....You're basing opinions about the team because of personalities and Jessica Simpson and its depressing. I'm really sick and tired of hearing Jessica Simpson's name coming up when the team loses. Also its more than just Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones that they picked up. Some guys have been on this team for more than one season, kicking a** and making names for themselves (In a positive way), I know you dont want to hear that but its the truth and you just need to shut up and accept it. How about Demarcus Ware, Greg Ellis, Jay Ratliff, Terence Newman, Anthony Henry, Ken Hamlin??? Knowing you, you're probably saying 'who the hell is he talking about' and/or 'I don't give a damn if he's knows who's on the team, I still hate them'.

See I'm a TRUE fan of the Cowboys. I kept up with the team well before they became a great football team again. I would like to tell you to go "F" yourself 10 times for saying nobody likes the cowboys in extreme anger, but it's not necessary. I'll just say that you're wrong and that many people love the cowboys. I'll tell you what I told some other guy last week about Tony Romo. He's one of the best QBs in the league and dating Jessica has nothing to do with his performance on the field. Accept it for what it is, or be some a*****e hater that prays week after week for his demise. 3nodding

The fact is some people are just jealous because Tony Romo's dating her, and he stays focused enough to ignore the media, go on the field week-after-week and bust his a** to get a win for the team anyway!!!! If Marion Barber has a bad game you gonna blame Jessica?? Oh and T.O. they hate T.O. because he goes on the field and busts his a** to help the team win a game. If you ever watched a Cowboys game. You'll see T.O. make blocks for the running backs and receivers, so don't bother calling him selfish. Even if he had a bad performance, it would have had something to do with defensive coverage, however this opens up things for the other receivers to make plays for the team. Yeah, thats what it means to be an offensive playmaker. Youre so good that the coverage is watching you while your teammates can get open to win football games, and if they let up on their coverage, then you come back and smoke them with a big play or a touchdown. rofl

With all this being said. Yeah that have become a bandwagon team. Although, I focus on the people that hate them and think to myself the Cowboys still don't get credit for being a good team. I believe many picked against them so far in ALL 3 games, and Dallas delivered a big "******** you" to all the nay-sayers. This team is for real, offensively and defensively. Teams like the Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers. Those ARE REAL BANDWAGON TEAMS.

The Cowboys are a great team, but I don't think they're much of a bandwagon team as they used to be. And they're no longer "America's Team."  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

Rp Dude Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:14 pm
Definitely Pats and celtics most the fans there are nowhere to be found when the teams arent winning  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:09 pm
Rp Dude Man
Definitely Pats and celtics most the fans there are nowhere to be found when the teams arent winning

Include ESPN as a bandwagon fan for those teams as well. sweatdrop  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

Rp Dude Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:21 am
no kidding  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers