Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Who is better:Sparta VS Athens Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who is better?
a. Athens
53%
 53%  [ 28 ]
b. Sparta
46%
 46%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 52

Midnight Shadow Fae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:30 pm
I go athens for the arts and literature. But I find the most interesting thing about Sparta is that their soldiers were encouraged to have gay relationships because the government figured that if the soliders had lovers in their ranks then they would fight even harder to protect them.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:32 pm
Midnight Shadow Fae
I go athens for the arts and literature. But I find the most interesting thing about Sparta is that their soldiers were encouraged to have gay relationships because the government figured that if the soliders had lovers in their ranks then they would fight even harder to protect them.

eek , i am so glad im not spartan  

VanGunDiablo

VanGunDiablo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm
VanGunDiablo
Midnight Shadow Fae

shivers  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:46 pm
Athens of course.They have the brains to defeat Sparta.  

BlazingInfernoPhoenix

VanGunDiablo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:23 pm
BlazingInfernoPhoenix
Athens of course.They have the brains to defeat Sparta.

but they did get owned by sparta(and every other state that athen made hate them)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:37 pm
VanGunDiablo
VanGunDiablo
Midnight Shadow Fae

shivers

Where did you get this info from, might I ask? rofl  

Ares or Mars

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

VanGunDiablo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:25 pm
Ares or Mars
VanGunDiablo
VanGunDiablo
Midnight Shadow Fae

shivers

from fae, but i dont wanna know why or how he knows  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:59 am
btw Fae is a she  

Midnight Shadow Fae

spinnerific

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:57 pm
I think it really depends what you think makes a good civilization. Yeah yeah, Athens is brilliant and all, but their extreme democracy was SUPER unstable. Power changed hands like, every other year, towards the end. Sparta, on the other hand, had unbroken lines of succession for 2 kings for over 500 years. And they enslaved an entire group of people to make food for them while they trained.

I think it's a toss up. One has what the other doesn't. exact opposites can't be better than the other. just... different.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 pm
Ares or Mars
VanGunDiablo
VanGunDiablo
Midnight Shadow Fae

shivers

I bet an Athenian scholar threw that rumor around. They liked to call the Spartans gay even though the Athenians where a bunch of hypocrits.  

Lenimph

Goddess of The Century

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm rather partial to Sparta. They developed a very nice military. It's actually rather famous. Keep in mind, most surviving history came from the Athenians, who viewed the Spartan's military as cruel, bloody, and unusual. Of course, Sparta was not always like this.

It doesn't matter really. After the Peloponnesian wars, both will be so weak that the Romans will take over.

Here's a video to go along with the story!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:35 am
sparta cause i red about sparta and athens and it said sparta won the battle  

Phoenix279

Lonely Gaian

Goddess of The Century

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Sparta, in the end, did win the battle. The downside was that they also lost as well. The fighting amongst the Greek cities cause both sides to seriously take a hit. They both were now very weak, allowing the enemy to come in and conquer.

Sorry, I'm just repeating myself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm
Are we talking Classical Greece or older???
The greatest Mycenaean city (found so far) where i would want to live anyway... is Pylos!!! They had the most awesomest drinking parties!!!! mrgreen
Classical Greece, maybe Macedonia...? If you class that as a greek state... sweatdrop
As for Sparta and Athens...I dont know depends... on wether im and guy or a girl; and what social standing the family im in has...
eek DEFINATELY NOT THEBES!!! when theres war they always lose and are always picked on the most... alexander for example...  

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items