Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Who is better:Sparta VS Athens Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who is better?
a. Athens
53%
 53%  [ 28 ]
b. Sparta
46%
 46%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 52

Calamari24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:17 am
I think Greece had alot of wars. Some were with another greek city.Sparta was sponsred by Ares ,god of bloody war. Athens was sponserd by Athena,god of well alot of things.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:03 pm
Athens, by far.  

White Queen Amata

anima noctis

Dapper Elder

5,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:50 pm
well sparta since their nearly trained since birth to fight, they're good at defending and invading and things of that nature  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:26 pm
But Athens focused more on brains, philosophy and such. In my opinion, far better than warlike Sparta.  

White Queen Amata

Big Bad Wulff

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:14 am
do u think this answers that question THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:17 pm
Athens. They got brains and brawn, plus Athena always provides more level skills in combat than Ares.  

Herry Rockabore

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:27 pm
Sparta is interesting just because of how they treated their women. On one hand, they did have a lot more power than normal Greek women (especially Athenian women) They were allowed to own property in many cases and indirectly had more political power because their men were too busy training to fight or waging war.
On the other hand, their marriage ceremonies were... interesting. The bride's best friend would essentially kidnap her and take her to the groom's house where her head would be shaved and she would be dressed as a boy. Meanwhile the groom feasted, then came back and had his way with the new bride. Weird.

I don't know which city is better, but I think Sparta is the most interesting of the two.

Oh, another fun fact. The patron deity of Sparta is Artemis!  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:19 pm
Katastrophic_Kate

Oh, another fun fact. The patron deity of Sparta is Artemis!

Artemis? (blinks) Well, that changes everything...

No, still Athens.  

White Queen Amata

Lenimph

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:20 pm
I picked Athens, but I really don't like either one. Sparta's society was majorly war based so thats an obvious no for me and Athens I have issues with mainly becuase of the way woman where treated... Btw you could move freely in society in Athens if you were a woman (own property and go to plays and such) you just had to be a hetaerae sweatdrop (which is sorta like a prostitute like a really high end prostitute sort of like a Geisha) Anyway these woman where considered an educated counterpart for men, willing to pay.
But seriously I wouldnt want to live in either one, and if I was a boy I would diffenately pick Athens. This is why I like Rome it's like a mixture of both. But the main reason I picked Athens is becuase of the literature that we got from them. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:46 am
It has to be Sparta. if only for their wedding ceremony, as Kate has already talked about.  

CodeNameCinderella

babbii_doll

Sparkly Lunatic

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:08 pm
Sparta.. For sure..

War doesn't really bother me.. It's human nature, there's really no way to avoid it.. And even though Athenians weren't as trained as Spartans, they still fought their fare share of battles...

But Sparta let their women learn, and participate in sports and such. Women were alot more involved...

Even though the marriage ceremony seems a bit off... I would still much rather be a Spartan woman. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:38 am
how about we call in worlds deadlyest worroir and have them find out which is deadlyer spartans or athens  

Big Bad Wulff

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200

Djlanfull

9,000 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:55 am
Sparta of course but the wedding ceremony is WEIRD why would I want a girl dressed up as a boy?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:00 pm
how about we just rp about it (said sarcasiticly) if we did i call being leader of the spartans i know what it takes to be a deadly worrior charges into the midts of battle killing every thing that moves LEAVING A PATH OF DESTRUCTION IN MY WAKE SPARING NO ONE NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURENDUR IF CAPTURED AND TURORTURED NOT REVEAL ANYTHING THE MOST HONORIBLE THING FOR A SPARTAN/NORESMEN(im part german) IS TO DIE IN BATTLE WITH HIS COMRADES  

Big Bad Wulff

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200

Big Bad Wulff

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:02 pm
Djlanfull
Sparta of course but the wedding ceremony is WEIRD why would I want a girl dressed up as a boy?

gay??? nah im just joking but i dont under stand it  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces