ObeyBunny

Friendly Regular

5,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:55 pm
Which Master do you think is the best?
Personally I liked the first one because Roger Degado's master had class and was a charming, but very evil guy. The other ones are just insane and that's about it, heck sometimes that's all you need but in this case you need more. The more recent one was actually pretty decent and I know allot of people agree/disagree on that xp but that's just my opinion, what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:54 am
i perfer the recent on he was funny with a lot of attuide  

xXMiss_Wolfy_WhoXx

Friendly Werewolf

6,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:43 pm
The recent one was just plain crazy. I think that was why it was so great to watch. He did it with flare. It was enough to make one scream with fright. The one before him didn't really get much time in playing the Master.
Before that, in the 1996 film...... I didn't really like that one. But a friend of mine said that before she didn't like the actor but now that she knows he played the Master she had a better openion about him.
I have seen the Five Doctors. The Master there.... It seemed he was just going along in coming up with things on his feet on what he was going to do. When he's going to work along. When he's going to back stab.
I never seen any with Roger Degado. So I can't really give a true openion on this.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:14 pm
I've never seen anything with Delgado in it, but I imagine he was quite good. I need to rent more 3rd Doctor serials.

One of my favorites is Ainley- he must have been good if he played the Master for so long. He was charming and meglomaniacal in his own way, thoroughly selfish and evil, and yet he was willing to team up with the Doctor should the need arise.

I did like Simm though, he was just so... insane. Funny and evil all wrapped up in a package that was quite easy on the eyes. ^_^  

Dante Alicheery

hipstertedbundy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:30 pm
Simm was the only Master I've seen. He was pretty good. Made evil fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:50 pm
No, you saw another. Don't forget that someone was playing the Master for a little bit before Simm.  

Triska
Crew

JackLantern2020

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:06 pm
Roger Delgado was the best and most terrifying master,its to bad he died before the end of the third doctor's run. Poor guy,him and the third doctor were friends in real life cry  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 am
John Simm was my favourite, best Master ever, he was insane, but in a way you really liked his evilness!

one of the Masters triedto kill the doctor with Plastic flowers!  

Aika Arcadia

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:51 pm
Well I like them for different reasons
Up until recently the master was your cold cruel calculating madman who didn't necessarily need to kill or destroy, he did it because he wanted to too. Basically the old ones were your original villain

I like the new one the most because he in a twisted way is exactly like the Doctor. They never really were able to achieve that in the old series. In the new one he is literally the Doctor's reflection. The new Master is the ultimate"What if the Doctor...", even more so then Valeyard(sp). I think on a level this dug into the Doctor maybe even scaring him. Plus by far this was the craziest Master, he was more manic and all over the place then even the doctor. He even took the cue of acting a bit silly and idiotic to hide his genius. I mean he was amazing because John Simm's basically played the Master as the type of guy you'd leave your kids with for a weekend or the type of guy you'd probably go drinking with yet he'd turn around and kill or in slave you.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:36 pm
I don't know... It's hard to choose. I think maybe Simm.  

MaryAnneStrangeAngel

consultantnerd

Interesting Genius

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:23 pm
I've only ever seen Simm as the Master, and I thought he was brilliant. I did also see Anthony Umm.., but I thought he was s**t. Simm's Master was brilliant, him + evil =ed hilarious, and everything he did made me laugh. Although, I haven't seen any of the old Series', so I wouldn't know about Roger Delgado too much.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 pm
I liked the recent one! Love the scene when he puts on the dance music for the end of the world  

Lord Atlas

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:00 pm
I loved the "I can't decide whether you should live or die." It fit him perfectly.

I also loved the scene when the Doctor saw him on TV and the Master said, "What this nation really needs.. is a doctor."
When I saw that, I knew that what the Master was conveying in verbal terms. Placing his thumbs up on the side of his head, wave his hands back and forth saying, "Ninerniner, Niiiner."

I've watched the DVD. On the way Sci-fi edited it, I missed that Lucy had a black eye in Last of the Time Lords.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:53 pm
I've only ever seen Simm's Master.
I think that he did a great job with the crazy/charming/evil thing.
However, I am interested in seeing Roger Delgado's performance.
I mean, he was the original, after all.

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:40 pm
I've only seen John Simm's master but I'm about to get some classic who in Netflix so I hope to be able to add the my experience on that.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff