The Best Multi-Sports Guild On Gaia! 

Tags: Discussion, Basketball, Football, Baseball, Sports 

Reply General Sports Discussion
Whose The NBA MVP? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you think will win the NBA's MVP Award?
  Kobe Bryant
  Chris Paul
  LeBron James
  Kevin Garnett
  Tracy McGrady
  Other
View Results

Salvation Angel

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:50 pm
Who do you think will win this years NBA MVP award and why?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:06 pm
Here are the stats and team records for they 5 people on the poll

Kobe Bryant/Los Angeles Lakers 49-24
PPG: 28.6
RPG: 6.3
APG: 5.3
SPG: 2.0
BPG: 0.5
FG%: .463
FT%: .840

Chris Paul/New Orleans Hornets 49-22
PPG: 21.6
RPG: 3.9
APG: 11.3
SPG: 2.7
BPG: 00
FG%: .493
FT%: .860

LeBron James/Cleveland Caveliers 40-33
PPG: 30.4
RPG: 8.0
APG: 7.3
SPG: 1.8
BPG: 1.0
FG%: .483
FT%: .715

Kevin Garnett/Boston Celtics 57-15
PPG: 19.0
RPG: 9.4
APG: 3.5
SPG: 1.4
BPG: 1.2
FG%: .538
FT%: .793

Tracy McGrady/Houston Rockets 49-24
PPG: 21.8
RPG: 5.2
APG: 5.8
SPG: 1.0
BPG: 0.5
FG%: .430
FT%: .680

*Stats will be Updated
*Team Records will be Updated  

Salvation Angel

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Salvation Angel

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:12 pm
Heres NBA.com "Race to the MVP" top 10

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Chris Paul
3. LeBron James
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Tracy McGrady
6. Dwight Howard
7. Paul Pierce
8. Deron Williams
9. Steve Nash
10. Tim Duncan

Heres the list 11-20
11. Allen Iverson
12. Amare Stoudemire
13. Antawn Jamison
14. Baron Davis
15. Dirk Nowitzki
16. Chauncey Billups
17. Carlos Boozer
18. Carmelo Anthony
19. Hedo Turkoglu
20. Manu Ginobili

*This will also be Updated  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:20 pm
Well as for my pick for the MVP? I'm going with my man Kobe Bryant. If anyone deserves to win it this year, no one does more then Kobe Bryant. He's got the stats no question about it, he's always had but the difference this year is he's distributing the ball more, he's more confident about his teammates. And of course the most important thing....There winning. Thats the main thing. If you want to win the award, your teams got to win. If the award was going to the person with the best stats then of course LeBron would win it. Thats why to me this is Kobe's year. The year that the best player in our league today will win his first MVP award

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Salvation Angel

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Steven_36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:18 pm
User Image

I think it's going to be Paul his team is in 1 place in the tough Western Conference. He a great player who makes look easy he keeps his team invovled.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 pm
I liked Garnett 4 a while but its Kobe  

nickpotkovac

Salvation Angel

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 pm
Steven_85
User Image

I think it's going to be Paul his team is in 1 place in the tough Western Conference. He a great player who makes look easy he keeps his team invovled.
Thats a real good choice except i think he'll get 2nd because i dont think the Hornets will finish in first in the West. But your probably right which ever team finishes in first out of those two players (CP3 and KB24) will probably win MVP  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:05 pm

I think it will either be LBJ or KG. I'm hoping it'll be Garnett. He's playing on the best team in the NBA. The Celts are 43 games over .500 and they just took down another Western conference power house by 20 points. He doesn't have the MVP type number but he changed the whole Celtics nation around and I think that says a lot.

BPC_2434

Newyork_22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:49 pm
CP3 is my prediction and the reason I pick him is because he is the best PG in the NBA right now, gets his teammates involve, can take over a team single handlely, and has the best record in the West.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:03 pm
BPC_2434

I think it will either be LBJ or KG. I'm hoping it'll be Garnett. He's playing on the best team in the NBA. The Celts are 43 games over .500 and they just took down another Western conference power house by 20 points. He doesn't have the MVP type number but he changed the whole Celtics nation around and I think that says a lot.
Those are all terrific points but the reason i dont think he'll win is because of the other players on that team. They have Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, and Pierce is even capable of winning the award as much as Garnett could. Thats the reason i mean he's got the players that can step up like when he was out for a little bit. They can still win plenty.

Another reason would have to be his stats. Yes we know he had to sacrifice them for the better of the team, and what that means is winning a championship, not winning the MVP award.  

Salvation Angel

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

nickpotkovac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 am
I think that if Kobe wasent doing so well it should be Garnett. Remember where the Celtics were last year?

MVP voting
1.Kobe Bryant
2.Kevin Garnett
3.Chris Paul  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:00 am
Newyork_22
CP3 is my prediction and the reason I pick him is because he is the best PG in the NBA right now, gets his teammates involve, can take over a team single handlely, and has the best record in the West.
That is what I kinda said Lol.  

Steven_36

BPC_2434

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:32 pm

So the Lakers are losers of two straight game. Both of those losses came against Charlotte and Memphis. I think Kobe chances of winning the MVP took a hit. It never helps when you lose to two of the worst team in the NBA.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:49 pm
It's going to be one of four in the race for the NBA MVP. 2 in the West, 2 in the East. Either Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, or LeBron James.

...I would rank them as:
1. Chris Paul
2. LeBron James
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Garnett

Chris Paul would be my MVP, because he is carrying the Hornets as the top team in the West. He can score in clutch, he is tough to defend, and he always makes the open pass. Paul is a great ball handler and distributer, and always makes smart decisions.  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

Salvation Angel

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:47 pm
BPC_2434

So the Lakers are losers of two straight game. Both of those losses came against Charlotte and Memphis. I think Kobe chances of winning the MVP took a hit. It never helps when you lose to two of the worst team in the NBA.
i know and i'm still upset by that and it does hurt his chances a lil bit. I think its going to go down to the wire in the Lakers 3rd to last game on April 11 when L.A. goes against New Orleans in a KB24 vs CP3 matchup. Who knows the winner of that game might win the MVP Award...  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff