8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:00 pm
User Image

-A Chance Meeting-

T ` Poi
Tama navigated the grass just outside the border of the pride. The white juvenile had never ventured out into this part before, and he didn't want the guards to catch him before he finished. He wanted some time away from his family, and Narci even. After all...even he could only take so much. Especially with the new cubs and Daka being a dork about the new little ones. Mom still payed lots of attention to all of them!
He sighed and flopped onto his belly. Boring. This was boring and back home was chaotic...There was just no escape, was there?

Manda
Nima was currently ... well, still wandering. He knew that he was near the borders of some pride or other, and had been for some time. It must be a large pride, as he'd seen several guards in the distance. He didn't particularly know -why- he was staying in the area... perhaps he was simply... curious. But he hadn't left yet, and was considering trying to approach one of the less-threatening-looking guards and ask some questions...

When he spotted a small splash of white a little distance away. Carefully, he padded closer, seeing the form resolve into a small white lion. So like him ... caught, he moved closer still - though he hadn't yet said anything.

T ` Poi
The sound of rustling grass reached his ears and Tama lift his head tiredly, blinking. And then he blinked again, eyes wide and awake. White...had his mother come back for him?! He leapt to his feet...only to see the white stranger had a mane. Girls didn't have manes. Boys did. Which meant...he sighed. No mother. But...at least he could be friendly.
"Hello!"

Manda
Nima actually jumped just a little - startled out of his own thoughts. He'd been wondering if this one ... was like he had been. If he'd been shunned and kicked out of whatever family he was born into for the color of his fur... if he was alone.. "Ah.." he said then. "Hello, there."

T ` Poi
He smiled at the bigger (rather beat up-looking) white lion. "What brings you here? Do you live here?" He pointed a nose the pride. "I live in there." White was good, right? So far, he knew he and a girl name Dayo were white...and they were good little ones. "Where are you from?"

Manda
Nima blinked at that, barely opening his mouth to answer one question before another one popped out of the younger lion's mouth. He smiled faintly - waiting for the barrage to stop before trying to talk. At least... it seemed as if this one wasn't treated too badly. "I don't live here, no ...I'm currently just exploring in the area. I ... ah. I come from somewhere far away," he said then, a little lamely. He didn't much like to think about home, these days. "I am Nima'baha. What is your name, little one?"

T ` Poi
"Ah...we get lots of visitors! From lots of different places!" He was no stranger to 'stranger' lions, with all the rogues and envoys other prides sent. "I'm Tama'sindikiza...but most call me Tama." He chuckled. "Mother gave me a long name, before she left, but she said it would one day fit me. So I try to live up to it!" Sometimes it was a struggle though...especially with the vain friend he had in Narci. "It's nice to meet you Nima'baha."

Manda
The larger white lion laughed softly at that. "I can see why you'd rather shorten it for now," he said agreeably, sitting down and curling tail about his paws. "This seems like a nice place."

T ` Poi
Tama nodded vigorously. "It is! It's full of great lions who are friendly and noble! I had to meet the King once, to make sure I could stay with my new Mom...and he was REALLY friendly! Acted like a normal pride member instead of all high and mighty." If it wasn't plain that the little one loved his home, one had to be deaf and blind. Even once his mother came back for him, he knew his place was among the great noble lions who had taken him in. "There's lots of other cubs too! Though...there aren't many like me...I'm actually kinda small, compared to the others..."

Manda
Nima smiled at that... this place had a king, did it? "That's good... that he was nice," he said, almost careful. He wished... so badly ... that his early life had been so easy as this one's apparently was. Moving then, he lifted a paw and reached to kind of ruffle the other's short little mane. "You may be small now... but you will grow," he assured him. He'd been small as well, once.

T ` Poi
Tama swished his tail back and forth behind him. "Yeah. I was so nervous when I went to see him, cause I didn't know what he was like." When the other ruffled his developing mane, he squeaked. "Hey...I will?" The indignance disappeared from his voice and was replaced by hope. "I wanna be able to keep up with all the others! So I can do my part when I get older!"

Manda
Nima laughed softly. "Everyone gets bigger, eventually ... you can't stay small forever," he pointed out with a raised brow. "After all ... do you think I was always big?" Gods, how he wished ... that he could have back that first innocence, before his own world had been shattered when he was abandoned.

T ` Poi
Tama blinked. "Well...I suppose not. I mean...everyone was a cub at some point, right?" He would get bigger...he would! All he had to do was wait! And waiting was always soooooo hard. But he could do it. He could and he would!

Manda
"Mmhm... exactly," Nima said with a little nod. "I ... didn't have such a nice place to live when I was young. I'm glad that you do, Tama."

T ` Poi
Tama looked at the older lion sadly. "You...didn't?" He moved to nuzzle Nima's front legs. "Well...I hope you find someplace really nice then! Someplace that'll make up for the not-so-nice place." Tama was very glad his mother had been able to See things...where would he have ended up if she had Seen wrong?

Manda
Nima smiled at that. "I hope so too... that's what I'm searching for now. Somewhere to ... belong." He didn't know if this one would understand, young as Tama was, but he felt as if he should tell him.

T ` Poi
Tama nodded. "I think I understand. When I was smaller, I always had this...this nagging feeling I was missing something. And then...I met my friend Narci. He's kinda vain and self-centered...but he's learning. And when I met him, it's as if everything clicked into place. I think he's the reason Mother left me for the Pridelanders to find. So I could meet him." Wherever Narci was, Tama would belong. And he was sure it would stay that way. He would be Narci's companion always.

Manda
Nima blinked at that. It sounded... wonderful, really. To be able to find someone like that. Smiling, he nodded. "That sounds... almost exactly like what I'm looking for. I think you might just be luckier than I am all the way around," he said. It was said almost teasingly... but really, he was serious.

T ` Poi
Tama laughed brightly. "You just gotta be patient. Like me and getting bigger. I think...I think I only found him so fast, because I knew from almost birth that I needed to find something. Mother Saw things that were true...past and future. And she Saw my future, and told me what little bits I needed to know to get to it." His pale blue eyes blinked and he looked back to the pride. "Uhoh...I think Mom's looking for me. Hey!" He bounced a bit. If...you're still here tomorrow...I can visit you again!"

Manda
Nima blinked ... ah, so his mother was a Seer? He had met one or two in his travels, but none had really been able to help him, except to tell him... some variation on 'keep looking'. It was nice that this one's mother had given him more hints than that. "All right... don't let me keep you," he said, smiling. "I'll stay in the area for a little while, probably, so you can see me tomorrow if you like."

T ` Poi
Tama grinned and purred. "Mmkay! I'll see you tomorrow Nima'baha!" With that, he took off for the Pridelands, before his mom could grow worried. After all, Shiri had done so much for him, and he hated to see her worry. And he had finally found someone who understood! His heart felt much lighter now...even Irit chewing on his tail couldn't get him down now!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:40 pm
User Image

-Random Encounter, Much?-

Manda
It had been several days, by this point since Eisheth had run across any other creatures. She was traveling across a rather large, flat area right now... long, brown grass waving in the sun. Watering holes were getting a bit scarce, but there were still some about, so she knew that she wasn't quite in the desert yet. But she would bet there was one close by. Ah well. Even if there was, she would get across it... she had to find her cousin...

Nuxaz
Suijin was bored, there simply was no other term to describe how he felt. A few days had passed without there being anything he found interesting or anyone to amuse him. To be his 'toy of the day'. And it annoyed him greatly. So when his water-blue eyed gaze found another figure in the distance his interest was immediately sparked.

A smirk spread across his lips as he turned his body to head in her direction a grin upon his features. "Hey!"

Manda
Eisheth jumped slightly at the sudden voice and turned to look in the direction it had come from. Oh ... a lion. Like that other one she'd met before... "Hello!" she called back, in a friendly sort of fashion.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:31 pm
User Image

-A Safe Place-

Manda
Nima spent that night curled up in a rather nice little natural cave made up of a pile of rocks and an old tree that had fallen a couple of years before. It was more comfortable than a lot of other places he'd slept over the years, and he was grateful for it. In the morning, he crawled out again and stretched with a yawn - wondering if he might be able to catch himself some breakfast before Tama showed up...

T`Poi
The little juve had woken early in his excitement and almost woken his family up in the process. Of course...he managed to get out in the end without disturbing anyone. Once out, he made a dash for where he'd met Nima, a grin on his face. Maybe he'd be up early too! If not...he could practice hunting until Nima showed up!

Manda
In point of fact, Nima was hunting right then... carefully stalking a fat hare that he'd spotted and managed to get downwind of. But then, the preybeast's ears swiveled about as it sat up - obviously alarmed. Nima made a little frustrated noise and bounded toward it, but was too slow. Damn. There went breakfast. Sighing, he sat down and looked about for what could have disturbed the thing - thinking that the little one had probably shown up.

But ... he was wrong. There was another lion about, but it wasn't a cub. No... In fact, Iar was looking for prey of -another- sort. Namely, he wanted a fight this morning. And upon spotting the large white lion, he smirked. Well, look there... a -perfect- target!

T`Poi
Tama squeaked loudly as a hare went zooming right past him. He stared at its retreating back wide-eyed. Hares...normally avoided lions this far out. And that one hadn't even bothered looking at him. Curious, he started towards where the hare had come from. When he saw Nima, he almost called out...until he saw the great hulking black and red lion nearby. At that, Tama stayed quiet. The black one did NOT look friendly. At all.

Manda
Iar prowled slowly closer, a low, soundless growl starting up in the back of his throat. Then... once he was but a few feet away, he let the growl grow into a roar - launching himself at Nima's back.

The white lion spun quickly, though ... registering the threat ... and lashed out with claws - catching the darker lion on his chin before he had to pull back or risk being tangled up in the other's mane.

T`Poi
Tama couldn't help but squeak from his 'hiding' place. The...the black one had attacked Nima! His mind was trying to panic, but his body wasn't letting it. His body was trying to shut down to keep from panicking. But Tama's mind eventually won and he crouched low in the grass. Maybe...he could help Nima! And so he began to look for a good place to hit the dark lion.

Manda
Iar didn't even hear that squeak - intent on the fight now.

And Nima was as well, the two large lions going at one another for all they were worth. And one of the worst things... was ... Nima could -tell- this lion wasn't aiming to kill him. Just to hurt...play with him, perhaps. Maim, maybe. But not kill. And that rather pissed him off.

T`Poi
There! Tama spotted a chance to get at the dark lion's leg...after all, legs were good places to hit, right? He bunched his muscles, then ran out of his hiding place and for the lion's leg. He was NOT going to sit by while the first person to REALLY understand him was getting hurt!

Manda
Iar jumped at that, then spun with a -snarl- and swiped at whatever had hit him. Tama was only lucky that Iar had been expecting something a bit larger... as the paw went right over the little lion's head. He was quick to correct himself, though - looking down with a growl. How -dare- ....

Then Nima jumped at him, managing to get Iar on the ground in that moment of distraction. -Hell-. "Tama!" he called. "-Run!-"

T`Poi
Tama yelped as the lion swiped over his head, his burst of battle intelligence fleeing him now. And in those precious seconds, Nima had gotten the other to the ground. When Nima told him to run...well, Tama did. But they were near enough the borders...if he came in yelling, the guards would help! If he could get one. Oh he hoped. Tama did not like the feeling of running for, he was pretty sure, his life.

Manda
Iar snarled and hissed, trying to twist around so he could get claws into the white lion's belly.

But Nima was having -none- of that, actually letting go and backing off a little before Iar could get a good hold. Growling, he crouched low. "Leave the young one alone," he snarled.

Without any sort of verbal answer, Iar just leapt for Nima again with a roar. Distraction forgotten.

T`Poi
No one. Tama was finding no one. And that...that made him almost cry. Almost. No. He would not give up until he found help! And when he finally found one of the guards, he nearly left the adult in the dust trying to show the way to the fight. The other lion was bigger than Nima! It...it made Tama shiver as he ran. "NIMA!!!!!!"

Manda
Nima heard that yell and winced. Why was he coming -back-? s**t! Mind on the fight, Nima. He'd nearly gotten himself in trouble there - as Iar had noticed his distraction and tried to use it to lock onto his throat. Hell ...

Iar laughed in a definitely -not- nice fashion and mocked, "Pay attention, or you won't be happy~"

T`Poi
If there was one thing Tama was glad for right now...it was that those born in his pride tended to be big. And the guard had shot past Tama once his legs decided to give out from all the running. What would happen, Tama wasn't sure...he flopped far enough away to be unable to see the fight...but he could hear it. He was really, really tired.

Manda
Nima glanced over then... and smirked. -You- should pay attention, he thought ... even as he aimed a swipe at the dark lion's face to catch his attention. Then that guard came in from the other side, catching Iar's shoulder and rolling him to the ground. Nima let out a roar at that and turned to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the guard, glaring.

Iar snarled back as he picked himself up ... but backed off. One other large lion he could more than handle. But not two. Looked... like playtime was over for now.

T`Poi
His breath caught, Tama moved forward on wobbly legs. There weren't anymore fight noises...so it was safe right? At the sight of the guard and Nima side by side, the white juve smiled. Ha! His smiled turned to a grin that obviously said 'Take that!' "You 'kay now, Nima?"

Manda
Nima turned then, a bit slowly as he was favoring a leg that had been bitten somewhere in all of that. "I'm ... all right," he replied, panting a little. "Thank you both. I have ... no idea who that was."

T`Poi
Tama nodded, glad his new friend wasn't hurt too bad. Or at least, he didn't look it. "Maybe...maybe you should stay the night in the borders, Nima? I didn't like that guy...He just gave off EVIL. Like...like those demons you hear of in scary stories!" The little juve moved behind Nima and butted the back of his legs, in an attempt to get Nima to follow the retreating guard. It was safer in the Pridelands.

Manda
Nima blinked at that, then smiled faintly. "All right... if it's not going to get you into trouble, Tama," he murmured softly. And started off after the guard, limping just a little. That one -had- seemed rather like some sort of demon..

T`Poi
Tama shook his head. "The Pridelands doesn't mind visitors. Just gotta behave." He grinned. "And it'll give that bite a chance to heal right!" Tama remembered horror stories of wounds that didn't heal right and got infected. The thought of those nearly made him gag. Gross thoughts.

Manda
Nima nodded at that, grateful. "Thank you, Tama," he said, moving forward a bit to bump the other gently. He probably would have been all right on his own...but maybe not. And he certainly could have come out of that much worse off than he had.

T`Poi
Tama felt good now. He'd done something good, and he still had a friend because of it. But the demon-lion worried him. Would he be back? Or...was he really a demon. He didn't want to think of it, so tried to keep step with Nima, and enjoyed the feeling of being back home.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:08 am
User Image

-Seeing the Sights-

T`Poi
The pale leopardess stalked back and forth at the lake's edge, trying to determine the source of her foul mood. It wasn't the small cuts and bruises that littered her body...those were half-healed, and she'd gotten what Delaunay wanted out of that client and more. It wasn't their shady new guard...no, Phedre hadn't seen him in the last two days. Perhaps...Yes. That was it.

She sighed and stopped her pacing, sinking to the soft green grass. It was the closeness her friend...almost brother...had to Delaunay. She envied him for it. But...there was nothing she could do about it. She loved the two of them just a little too much to wish either harm of any sort. Didn't help her mood any, though.

Manda
Nima was, well, still wandering... having left the Pridelands and Tama behind about a week ago. He liked the little juve a lot, really. But he could tell that he wasnt' going to find what he was looking for - what he needed to find - if he stayed with the other. He hoped they would meet again later, but like everything in this life... there was no real guarantee.

Lost in thought, he padded up to that lake - not even noticing the leopardess there until he was very nearly right beside her.

T`Poi
She didn't hear him until he was close...close enough that she felt the rustle he cause in the grass. She held back to urge to start and turned to see who had joined her. And blinked. Why...if it wasn't for his eyes and the scars littering his body, he could have been a twin to Alcuin. That didn't help her mood. But...he seemed a bit lost. So she wasn't going to be rude.

She was, however, going to let him know she was there. "Well...not often I get company here." She kept a smile on her face...one that would likely seem genuine, but for her was a practiced expression used when she was being polite.

Manda
Nima flushed just a bit at that, ducking his head slightly. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to intrude, miss," he said, with a little apologetic smile. "I must admit... I was not paying attention."

T`Poi
Yup. Lost. Phedre just shook her head. "No worries. I admit I didn't notice you at first...You weren't the only one not paying attention." She stood and brushed some of the grass from her sides. "What brings you here?"

Manda
Nima smiled at that, head tilting a little as he watched her. "Not anything in particular... really. I'm more sort of wandering these lands," he admitted - knowing she'd caught him. But he didn't really mind.

T`Poi
She laughed softly. "Ah...it must be nice, to see many places." Phedre loved her home, but she did wish to see other paces one day...so long as she could go home again. Relocation was not in the leopardess' itenirary. "So the wind lead your paws here, has it?"

Manda
"Mm... I suppose you could say that," he replied with a nod. "I'm guessing that you haven't traveled much...?" he asked then.

T`Poi
Phedre shook her head. "No...I'm rather content at home for now. I may travel one day but...well, this place is beautiful, and I have things I must finish here." Like earning her marque. An old custom from the pride Delaunay had once been part of...but one she loved dearly. And the design that was to grace her back one day was perfect for her..."What of you? Why do you travel?"

Manda
"I ... honestly, I am searching for something. But I don't exactly know what... if that makes sense," he replied with a wry sort of smile. "I know it probably doesn't. I just... feel as if there is something out there I should find."

T`Poi
"That's quite alright. I may not understand...but not everything is meant to be understood." She nodded. "I do hope you find what you're looking for though." There was something else familiar about the white lion. Perhaps...it was the way he spoke. She shrugged it off for now. "I am Phedre. And you are, sir?"

Manda
"Nima'baha," he replied with a little almost-bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you, my lady." From the way that this leopardess talked and moved, Nima could quite easily tell that she -was-, truly, a lady. Perhaps a higher rank in some pride or group, he didn't really know.

T`Poi
"It's good to meet you, Nima'baha." She returned the almost-bow with one of her own. The smile on her face was a little more real now, instead of her practiced one. "Since you're new here...perhaps you would like a guide? There is a great deal of beauty to admire here." And it would be a welcome distraction for Phedre. The longer she could stay out this night, the better for her mood.

Manda
"I would welcome that, if you have some time," he replied - glad to see that her expression was a bit more genuine now. He'd been around enough to recognize the fakes... and he always liked more honesty.

T`Poi
Phedre motioned a paw to the lake. "Well, we're already at the first site. This lake never seems to be affected by the dry season...and the reflection of the moon seems to make more light than the moon itself." She chuckled. "An old friend of mine used to tease me for saying such things, though he's the one I got it from."

Manda
Nima nodded, looking interested. "That is odd. I wonder if there's something at the bottom that makes the reflection brighter..." he pondered, head tilting a little. Perhaps he should stay until nightfall to look.

T`Poi
"I've never really looked. A bit afraid finding out might ruin the wonder of it." She chuckled. "But I come here when I need to think. Have since I was a cub." She turned and trotted a few steps, then stopped and looked back to Nima. "But there are many more things to see...and only so much daylight, if you're interested still?"

Manda
"Of course," he replied with a little nod and moved to pad after her. "You're right... about spoiling the wonder, now that I think on it," he admitted after a minute or two. "I was thinking of looking... but I don't want to now."

T`Poi
Phedre nodded and continued on. "Perhaps one day, we'll find out. But...I rather like thinking it's one of Elua's gifts left to those once his people." Yes...that would be the next destination. There was a ruin of what had once been a human dwelling, certainly...but it served to be the 'temple' to Elua for those who still remembered him and his Companions. And it was beautiful.

Manda
"Elua?" Nima asked, with a little tilt of his head - curious at the name. He'd not heard of it before, but the way she said it... was he a forgotten god?

T`Poi
Phedre nodded once more. "Yes. He was born of love, nurtured by it, and lived for it. Even though he stepped from this world, his single edict for his people still rings in our blood. Love as thou wilt." Her smile was truly her now, not just a mask. "Love plays a great part in the lives of creatures here. And the lives of other creatures, descended from those who had to leave here."

Manda
Nima smiled at that, listening. "He sounds like a wonderful person... to love without reservation must be a great gift."

T`Poi
"Yes...It caused him some hardship early in his life. But he overcame it and became beloved by the ancestors of those here. He and his Companions gave us many, many gifts. And we will forever be grateful to them." The scent of flowers ahead whispered that they were drawing near. Phedre took a deep breath as they stepped ever closer. Anemones were wonderful smelling flowers...

Manda
Nima was about to reply, but then was also distracted by the scent of the flowers. He'd come across them before... but not in such numbers. "I would guess... we are nearing another site of interest?"

T`Poi
Phedre laughed softly. "That we are." The ruined marble walls came into view and she motioned towards them...and the carpet of red anemone flowers that decorated the ground around those walls. "Elua's shrine. Even if you have a heavy heart when you enter...you leave with a heart that knows at least one creature loves you unconditionally."

Manda
"Oh... it's beautiful," he said softly, blinking at the shrine and flowers. He'd never really run across human ruins before, and even if he did again... nothing would compare to this place.

T`Poi
The leopardess padded over to the walls. "It is. It is, quite easily, the most beautiful site here. Simple...but I think part of its beauty lies in its simplicity." Phedre reached down and picked one of the flowers, laying it at the feet of the white lion. "Elua's blessings to you, Nima'baha."

Manda
He smiled at that, leaning down to sniff at the flower. He wondered for a moment if he was allowed to ... return the gesture. Then thought... why not. If Elua taught to love as thou wilt... surely he wouldn't mind something such as that. Looking about for a moment, he picked another flower and copied her.

T`Poi
With that...Phedre realized why he seemed familiar. It was like someone had taken Delaunay, Alcuin, and...and Him and rolled them into one creature. She laughed in her mind. Perhaps it was silly to think of him like that...but Nima did remind her of all three. And that...that made her comfortable. "Thank you." She lightly butt her head against his shoulder. "Perhaps...you would like to see another place? This one you would have to be quiet at however..."

Manda
Nima laughed softly at her butting his shoulder and then nodded. "I can be quiet..." he promised, dropping his voice down to a whisper as if to prove such.

T`Poi
"Good...then follow me!" She trotted at a brisk pace for a few minutes, before dropping to a crouch and inching forward through the grass. And if he noticed...they were going against the slight breeze. After another couple minutes of being in a crouch, she stopped and pointed. "This is why we need to be quiet...and you can only see it at this time of year." Not far in front of them was a mother bird (one of the less-tasty sorts, despite the pretty feathers) instructing her young ones on what they'd done wrong that flying lesson. But it wasn't a harse lecture. Instead, there was something endearing about it. "I've been watching her the last two years...and from what I've gathered, this is her fourth clutch." There was something beautiful about a mother teaching her young...at least, Phedre thought so.

Manda
Nima's eyes sparkled as he also crouched down - watching the mother bird with her chicks. "The little ones are so adorable," he murmured softly - without even thinking about it.

T`Poi
Phedre nodded. "They are." She almost envied them. But past was past and Delaunay had done more than enough for her. She blinked as she realized the mother had glanced over to the grasses where they were. "Ah...time to move on I think." She carefully turned and started off, thinking of where to show him next.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:30 am
User Image

-Revelations-

Manda
The two of them spent the rest of that day together in pleasant companionship - Phedre showing Nima around, talking about the sights of the area.... and wandering to more talk of Elua and his Companions, and what they had believed and stood for. And when night started to fall, Nima found that he really had no inclination to leave.

T`Poi
Phedre had found Nima's company soothing. Comforting in a way she hadn't felt someone's company to be in a long time. When they walked, she'd found herself unconciously falling into step with him. Perhaps...perhaps Elua had given her someone she could care for. Of course...at some point, she would have to tell him what she was. And she hoped it did not scare him off. Because she really was starting to get attached to him. The leopardess determined that...well, the sooner she told him, the better. The problem was finding the words.

Manda
Nima seemed to almost sense that something was bothering the leopardess now, and glanced over, with a little tilt of his head. "Is something wrong?" he asked gently, thinking... she seemed almost frightened.

T`Poi
The pale feline took a deep breath. "Well...remember what I told you of the Servants of Naamah?" She steadied her will, and slowed her heart when it tried to beat too quickly. "I...I am one of them. But...I am a special one. One that happens very rarely." Her thoughts hoped he would stay. Phedre liked him...had grown to love him even, with his gentle nature and noble demeanor...

Manda
Nima blinked at that, head tilting a little. He'd had no problem with the Servants that she spoke of... after all, it wasn't really any of his business what another chose to do with their life. And he wouldn't look down on her for that. He was curious, though... "What do you mean, Phedre?"

T`Poi
This time, her prayers went to Kushiel rather than Elua. "I was touched by Kushiel before I was even born. The red in my eyes...denotes that." Carefully Phedre, she thought to herself. "My body...makes pleasure out of pain. Out of being hurt. I still find pleasure in the things that one normally would. But...it is part of my nature too." One she was sometimes ashamed of. But it had gotten her so far at times...and kept her out of many scrapes. No one here dared harm one like her.

Manda
Nima's eyes widened just a bit at that. He ... had suspected such of a few he'd met in his travels - but they hadn't been like she was. They had seemed to enjoy the pain simply for pain's sake. Not because it was... changed, somehow. Which was what she seemed to be saying. And really... "I ... it would be wrong of me to judge you for either thing, Phedre. You were made as you are for some purpose, I think... and it's not my place to question."

T`Poi
Phedre smiled at Nima with profound relief. "It means a great deal to me...to hear you say that, Nima." She closed her eyes, smile still in place. "Thank you. There are few from outside this area as...understanding as you." There was a chance then. And depending on the next few minutes, she was resolved to take that chance, if she could.

Manda
Nima smiled at that and moved to kind of nudge her gently. "You are very welcome, Phedre," he replied softly. "I've met... far too many in this life who refuse to accept other as they are. I don't want to be like them."

T`Poi
Phedre purred and nuzzled him in return. "You are far from like them. You are one of the kindest, most honorable creatures I've met. And certainly one of the most accepting. And..." She smiled softly at him. "I do believe I've grown fond of you for it."

Manda
Nima smiled back at that, tilting head. "Oh... have you now?" he asked, tone lightly teasing. He wasn't certain if he'd be able to ... hurt her if she asked, but... he wasn't disagreeable to the general idea he thought she was getting at here.

T`Poi
Phedre nodded. "That I have." She gave him a sultry smile. "And I can't help but wonder if maybe I've left an impression on you as well~" Her voice had dropped a little, taking on an almost husky tone. There was definitely more than a chance here. And she would grab it with both paws. Those like her found real love little enough...no matter how fleeting it was.

Manda
Nima smiled at that and purred back, feinting a little bit and then moving to practically pounce upon her with a playful sort of growl. "I rather think that you have, my lady."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:17 pm
User Image

-In Need of Comfort-

Manda
Sobbing softly to herself, Chia made her way slowly back toward home. She really really -hurt- where the demoness had clawed her, nose worst of all. The purple lioness kept swiping a paw over the blood dripping there, then whimpering as that set pain flaring up again. All she wanted to do was get -home- and curl up into a ball and cry...

Sephiros Immortal
Ayo was indeed home today, taking another nap under his favorite tree. It was something of a wordless meeting place, where he and Chia could always come back, and sooner or later they'd find one another. However, his sleep was not so deep that he could not hear her when she approached, she sounded upset, hurt, and ears perked as he slowly came out of his slumber, only to jump to his feet, quite suddenly wide awake. "Chia!" Loping towards her, worry flared inside him, near to panic.

Manda
As soon as Chia -saw- Ayo, she couldn't help it and burst into louder sobs - rushing toward him and burying her nose in his shoulder. She couldn't even get words out just now - too upset and hurt at the moment.

Sephiros Immortal
He made a low, soothing sound, smoothing his muzzle along her neck. "Shhh...it's all right, Chia...I'm here..." Gods he was going to kill whomever had done this to her. Protective instinct was only stronger now, for he...he did treasure his Chia, truly he did. He'd practically raised her. Perhaps not to perfection, but he had tried. "What happened?"

Manda
"T-there was... I was..." she started, shaking now that someone else was there to lean on. "I-I ... I was wandering around just l-like usual... but then t-this other lioness showed up... and she just... -attacked- me!" she finally got out, eyes squeezed shut tight as she breathed in the male's scent. Ayo had always meant protection and safety to her... even if he wasn't around a lot lately.

Sephiros Immortal
He rumbled low in his chest, half trying to further comfort her, and the other part anger against whomever had hurt his Chia. "It's all right...I'm here now...you're safe. Did she say where she was from or why she attacked you?" Anything to have information. Again he nuzzled at her, getting some blood on his red pelt, which he quite easily ignored.

Manda
"S-she said something about... d-demons..." Chia half-sobbed - leaning against the other quite heavily, as she needed that comfort just now. "I told her I was sorry, though! I said I'd leave but she still..." she trailed off, sniffling and closing eyes again.

Sephiros Immortal
Ayo did growl then, "The demons then...I know of the Aikanaro..." And he liked them even less now. "Come here then, Chia...lie down and I'll keep you warm, you need to get off that leg." Nosing at her, he couldn't help but wonder...gods he was so very angry that they'd harmed his Chia...his? When had he started thinking that way?

Manda
She nodded, exhausted now by pain and having more or less run all the way back. "I ... I'm sorry that I ... wandered off and got hurt," she murmured softly - sensing that he was angry now. It didn't matter it wasn't at her. She'd upset him... and Ayo was pretty much her world.

Sephiros Immortal
"Shh...don't apologize for that." He murmured, "I should have been watching after you...if I wasn't gone so often, you wouldn't need to wander alone. I'm...sorry...I'm not angry with you." But she had every right to be angry with him, and well did he know it. Carefully he lay down, half-curling to leave a place for her, and then waiting for her to join him.

Manda
Chia limped over and curled herself up gratefully next to him - starting to calm down a little now that she knew without a doubt she was safe. Nestling in close, she let eyes lid a bit. "I ... I'm not angry with you for leaving. But ...I do wonder where you go..."

Sephiros Immortal
"Out to meet people." He wrinkled his nose, "Mostly girls...but...lately, I've been thinking perhaps I should stop. I like...I like spending time with you better." The others had simply been pasttimes, a hobby. A way to make friends and entertain himself and them. But now...he had no need for that. He could...be happy with her. Just her. If only she would have him now.

Manda
For some reason, the purple lioness felt a little stab of jealousy at that. Other ... girls? But she shoved it down, reminding herself she'd said she wouldn't ever fall in love. It wasn't Ayo's fault ... that he had believed her. "I..." she said slowly. "Ayo, do you remember... what I said that time, about not falling in love..?"

Sephiros Immortal
Ayo nodded, "I remember...I think that was simply because my inept babymaking talk weirded you out. It isn't...that bad you know." He replied softly, "In fact, most people like it. And...I...well..." His ears flattened. "I'm making a mess of this already."

Manda
She flushed slightly. "I uhm. I've been thinking... a lot about that lately. I... Ayo, I like you," she finally said simply, swallowing nervously and peering up at him. "And I didn't like when you said... you were meeting other girls, just now..."

Sephiros Immortal
Carefully, he touched his nose to her own, and smiled faintly, "Well, Chia...I rather like you too..." He replied softly, "And...I'll stop meeting other other girls, if you want it that way. Because, there's this special girl I'd like to spend time with, only...I didn't realize it, because she'd been under my nose the entire time."

Manda
Chia blinked at that - then pressed against the other with a low purr. "I ... would like that. Really and truly," she murmured. "A-and... I'll even try out the uhm. Babymaking. If you say it's not that bad, I believe you."

Sephiros Immortal
Ayo chuckled softly, though he could feel himself reddening beneath his fur. He'd been afraid she'd not have him, especially after he'd told her about...well...the girls. "Well...we can wait until you're up to it...when those heal." He gently touched her muzzle, just below the wicked clawmarks. "I haven't been a very good companion, but I want to try and...do things right."

Manda
Chia nodded a bit miserably at that - suddenly reminded of how much they hurt. "Yes... that's... probably a good idea." Stamping a paw slightly, she muttered, "I hate demons." Then glanced up at him again - snuggling a bit closer. "I should... learn to fight, if you can teach me..." she murmured.

Sephiros Immortal
He nodded quickly, "I can teach you..." He replied, "I don't like the demons either, so we'll stick together, and you can learn from me." A smile covered his maw from ear to ear. "Thank you, for giving me a chance. I wasn't sure if you would at first...was afraid to ask."

Manda
Chia smiled at that and nuzzled the larger male... then yawned slightly - moving to lay her chin down on Ayo's paws. "Thank you ... for being here.." she murmured softly - eyes lidding a bit.

Sephiros Immortal
Resting his head lightly atop hers, he purred at her soothingly. "You're welcome...and I'll always be here. I promise." Now...they would be there, and goodness, he couldn't wait for her to meet some of his friends, especially Kimmy. "Now sleep...rest...all will be well."

Manda
Smiling faintly, she purred back at him... and then rather quickly fell asleep - worn out by everything that had happened today.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:46 pm
User Image

-Exploring-

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
It had taken a day's journey to get to the point where Tiifu could smell the salty air that signaled they were close to the see. And by her estimates, they'd be there by high sun tomorrow. So she sat down at a spot with decent cover, looking towards the setting sun with a small smile.

"I think it would be wise to rest here for the night."

Manda
Bhaltair had followed the female more or less quietly all day - not making many comments, and only asking sporadic questions. A part of him thought perhaps that he was maybe being a bit rude... but he didnt' really care. He was only out here for one purpose - to find his sister. And nothing else could distract him for long. The cheetah could see the benefit of having a local guide, however - and was grateful to the other in his own way.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"You've been silent for a while, Bhaltair. Is there something on your mind?" Tiifu asked after a moment, looking at the cheetah curiously. She'd met many silent individuals in her journeys, but she had to admit that this particular cheetah puzzled her.

Manda
The cheetah tilted his head slightly and eyed the other. "Something on my mind?" he repeated, then smiled just faintly. "You could say that. Mostly... my mission." He shrugged slightly. "It's nothing against you."

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"I understand. I have met many lions and leopards with much the same disposition as you. Once they put their minds to something, little can stray their paths," Tiifu said lightly, glancing at Bhaltair with a little smile and curling her tail around her haunches.

Manda
That gave Bhaltair pause for a moment and he blinked slightly. The same disposition? He didn't know quite whether to feel like that was a compliment or some sort of veiled insult. After a moment though, he decided to let it go and sat down beside the female. "Are there many others ... out here?"

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Yes. From rogues to families who live in the rogue lands. I recently heard word of a pride that was created near the sea to serve as a sanctuary for travellers. This world is filled with many wonderous things... I'd like to see everything it has to offer," Tiifu said lightly, her eyes lighting up. She wondered if Bhaltair had ever seen snow before...

Manda
Bhaltair looked just a bit nervous at the prospect of a pride. From what he had heard of lions, they were generaly not to be trifled with. Though he wouldn't hesitate to enter a pride if it meant finding his sister inside of it. "It sounds... very interesting," he finally said - half-grunting as he was trying not to get lost in his own thoughts.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Most lion prides aren't eager to hunt down intruders. As long as you leave them be, they'll do the same," Tiifu said lightly, sensing Bhaltair's nervousness. After a long moment, she turned to Bhaltair, an eager look in her eyes. "Have you ever seen snow?"

Manda
Bhaltair tilted head. How quickly she changed subjects! It was almost like a child... but somehow, he didn't much mind. In answer to her question, he shook his head. "No ... the place where I live is farther south. And there are no large mountains there... though I've heard of it."

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"It's amazing. It's cold, but it's beautiful at the same time," Tiifu said lightly, her eyes practically glittering. Seeing the snow had been so amazing. She could only hope she could see it again some day.

Manda
Bhaltair nodded, tail curling about his front paws as he gazed about. He could also smell the salt on the air faintly and glanced over at Tiifu again. "Are we close to the sea now?"

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Very close. After a good night's sleep, we'll be there by high sun tomorrow," Tiifu said lightly, smiling and shifting to sprawl out on the grasses. She couldn't wait to go back to the sea. To feel the waves against her paws once again...

Manda
"Aah .... " Bhaltair made a little noise of acknowledgement and then shifted to also lie down beside her. He yawned slightly and flopped over onto one side - glad to relax for a bit. "I've heard there are huge fish in the sea, as big as lions," he murmured idly.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"I've never seen them before. But I bet they're out there, somewhere," Tiifu said absently, glancing over at Bhaltair curiously. She'd never seen him so relaxed before. It was different... Nice.

Manda
"Probably," he agreed. After all, if rumors of them had gotten as far as where -he- lived, there must be some truth to them somewhere. Right? As for being relaxed... the cheetah was finally starting to get used to really traveling with someone else - not just being alone all the time.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"You know... I once saw a really strange gorrila in the far north. It was really skinny and only walked on its hind legs... And it only had fur on its head," Tiifu said absently, rolling onto her back and staring up at the sky.

Manda
"A gorilla...?" Bhaltair replied, blinking a bit. He'd heard of those too, but he knew very well they didnt' walk on their hind legs! Eyes narrowed a bit, wondering if Tiifu was trying to play some kind of joke on him.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"You think I'm lieing, right? I thought I was dreaming," Tiifu said lightly, grinning and shifting to look at Bhaltair. "Maybe I was..."

Manda
"Hmph," Bhaltair snorted in a good-natured sort of manner. "I don't know if you're lying or not. It just... seems unlikely," he replied after a moment, tilting head back a little and combing claws through the grass.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Maybe you'll see a gorilla lika that some day," Tiifu said absently, grinning from her spot and flopping back over onto her stomach. "I saw strange lions in the north too. Even the females had manes, but they were more like yours."

Manda
"Females with manes?" Bhaltair repeated, blinking at her. Obviously... he hadn't really seen much of the world at all. But at least tomorrow... he would get to see the sea. Yawning a bit, the cheetah rolled to his stomach and settled down for the night, letting eyes lid.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"It was really strange. But that might be normal for them," Tiifu said lightly, smiling and shifting to lay down as well, her eyes drifting closed. "Sleep well, Bhaltair," she murmured absently before she finally drifted off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:07 pm
User Image

-By The Sea~-

Manda
Just as the sun touched the horizon the next morning, Bhaltair shifted in his sleep and then woke with a few quick blinks. Getting up, he stretched, yawning - and then took off at a lope, just going for a quick morning run. It didn't occur to him at the moment to wake Tiifu up, as he'd be back soon anyway.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
Tiifu stirred not long after Bhaltair set off, instinctively rising at the barest hint of movement surrounding her. And when she was lucid enough to notice that the cheetah was no longer at her side, she blinked curiously, glancing around to see where he'd gone. Luckily, she'd risen just earlier enough to see him, in all his magnificent glory, loping around. She'd only ever seen cheetahs run from afar before, and to see such an event so close. She felt wonder bubbling up inside her almost instantly. She could only dream of running like that.

Manda
Bhaltair didn't really go far, just down to the bottom of the valley and then back up in a wide loop. He always ran every morning, and then stretched muscles and walked a bit to cool down - keeping in shape as any good soldier would.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
Tiifu couldn't help but admire Bhaltair now that she got a good look at him, even from the distance. When she wasn't focusing on where they had to go, it was easy to see he was a fine specimen of cheetah, and the way his muscles rippled ever so slightly under brown fur made her heart almost flutter. She felt like a nervous juvenile again, stumbling over her own paws and stammering out a confession to her first crush. She hadn't felt like this for a long time.

Manda
Soon enough, Bhaltair came back toward the female, walking slower now, but still with that power evident in every movement. He blinked at the look on her face... and then a part of him smirked just faintly. Ah ... so it was like that, was it? Well, he had no objections. But not just yet. He wanted to see this ... sea first. "Good morning," he said, coming up to her.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Good morning to you as well, Bhaltair. Do you always go out for a run this early?" Tiifu asked good naturedly, quickly shaking off the wistful look from her face. It would do her no good to stand there, drooling over the cheetah when they were supposed to be going to the sea.

Manda
"Usually, yes," he replied with a little nod. "It helps keep my body in shape ... for whatever may come." He turned and scented that salt on the wind again. "I'm ready now... shall we?"

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"A warrior at heart, even when you're away from your home," Tiifu said lightly, grinning and moving to stretch absently. Once she felt her muscles were pleasantly loosened, she nodded and began to lope forwards. "Just so you know before we get there... Sea water isn't good to drink."

Manda
Bhaltair blinked, then surprised himself by laughing at that comment. "I ... wouldn't imagine so," he finally said. "There's too much salt, right? It doesn't smell as if it would taste very good."

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"That's right. I made the mistake of trying to drink sea water once. I ended up eating palm fronds to get the taste out of my mouth," Tiifu said, laughing as well at the memory.

Manda
That got her another laugh and Bhaltair nodded. "Which also don't taste very good, I'm guessing..." he replied, eyes bright. Then he glanced over and grinned. "Should we race there?" he asked. "I'll slow down so you can keep up~"

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"It was better than sea water," Tiifu said, grinning momentarily. Before her fur puffed up indignantly at Bhaltair's comment. She may not have been a cheetah, but she was still pretty fast. "You don't need to slow down on my account. I'll find a way to beat you there."

Manda
Probably because she knew shortcuts or something. But ah well. A race would be fun either way. "All right then...." he said with a grin. "Get ready .... go!" And the cheetah shot off - warmed up quite nicely by his earlier run.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"See you there!" Tiifu shouted teasingly, even as she sped off. Bhaltair's best chance was to take the straight route, but Tiifu knew the quickest route. After all, the straight way wasn't always the fastest...

Manda
Indeed, Bhaltair set off straight toward the scent - weaving in and out of trees and running up and down little hills and valleys. After a few moments, he could see the water up ahead and poured on more speed - though having to go up and down so much was slowing him down. Growling softly to himself, he rounded another bend and saw the last of the trees ahead. Now ... to see who would win!

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
And just as Bhaltair was approaching the finish, Tiifu leapt out of an almost invisible pathway, snatching victory from under Bhaltair's paws as she ran into the sea and splashed up some water. It was exhilerating, running like that. Just running right into the water, without a care in the world.

Manda
Bhaltair made a little startled noise at that, but then laughed again - following the leopardess out into the water. "All right, all right... I bow to your superious knowledge of the terrain, my lady," he said - stopping to give her a playful bow.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Oh, but I bow to your obviously superior speed, Lord Bhaltair," Tiifu replied, grinning and also turning to give the cheetah a playful bow. Were it not for her knowledge of the area, she surely would have lost to the male's speed.

Manda
Bhaltair smiled at that and then reared back and batted at the female playfully - tail waving back and forth in a sinuous sort of motion. "A good military man should always study the terrain first," he replied. "I think I shall have to take you captive now and force you to show me this secret path..."

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Capture me if you can, brave warrior! You may take my body, but my spirit shall always be free!" Tiifu said, laughing slightly and rearing up as well, meeting Bhaltair in the air and wrestling with him playfully. It had been a long time since she'd had this much fun. She would treasure it for the rest of her life, without a doubt.

Manda
Bhaltair growled playfully at that and ducked her swipes - knowing that she likely had more overall muscle mass than he did, since he was smaller and built mainly for speed. Ah, but that could be an advantage! Quickly, he ducked again and then tried to knock her back legs out from under her.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
Tiifu hadn't been expecting that, and while she managed to pull one leg out of the way in time, the other was remarkably vulnerable. With a small laugh, she fell back into the water, belly up and vulnerable. It looked like they had a tie on their hands!

Manda
Bhaltair grinned and pounced on the other, batting playfully for a few more moments before letting her up again. He sat down in the water then - completely drenched - and shook his head a bit. "Should we look for huge fish?" he asked, smiling.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Sure! I'll bet I can find a bigger one than you can!" Tiifu said, rolling back to her feet and waving her tail behind her eagerly. They needed some way to break the tie between them, after all...

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 pm
User Image

-Now Is The Time-

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
It had been nearly sunset by the time Tiifu and Bhaltair halted their games. The leopardess hadn't had a day like that in a long time, and she felt amazingly refreshed. Of course, she could still feel the some remaining salt clinging to her fur, and it was with a hint of annoyance that she led Bhaltair to a lake that was a further inland. It was the perfect place to spend the night and get the salt washed out of their fur.

Manda
Bhaltair followed eagerly - more than ready to wash off as well. And perhaps catch some dinner... among other things. He hadn't forgotten the way Tiifu was looking at him earlier, after all.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
It was with some relief that Tiifu came upon the lake at last, and she turned to Bhaltair with a small smile. "This is it. It's a great place to relax after spending so much time at the sea," she said lightly, even as she loped forward and waded into the water. She couldn't help the delightedly sigh that passed her lips as she felt the fresh water begin to wash away all the salt and sand that clung to her fur.

Manda
Bhaltair nodded at that. "I can see that... it's very nice," he replied - immediately following her into the fresh water. He drank some of it too... and then moved toward the bank, crouching there quietly in a spot farther away from Tiifu. After no more than a few moments, a paw flashed out and tossed a fish up onto the bank. "Look, dinner for the taking!"

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Seems you've found the secret of this place! The fish aren't exactly the brightest creatures around," Tiifu said, laughing at the sight of the fish flopping on the back.

Manda
Bhaltair nodded and waited for a few minutes more until it was quiet again and the fish came back. Then he scooped out three more in quick succession so they'd have two fish each. "There we go ... " he said, picking up one of his fish with a satisfied purr.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"So what do you think of the sea?" Tiifu said absently as she went over to her own fish and began to eat it. Of course, as she ate it, she couldn't help but glance at Bhaltair absently.

Manda
Bhaltair finished up one fish and started on the other - picking meat off the bones almost delicately. "It's very beautiful... " he replied after a moment, then tilted head and eyed the other. "As are you."

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
For a second, Tiifu was sure she'd heard Bhaltair wrong. She blinked absently, feeling her cheeks heat up beneath her fur. And then, after swallowing a mouthful of fish, she finally got the courage to respond. "You... Really think so?"

Manda
Bhaltair stopped eating for a moment to smile back at her. "Let me tell you something about anyone in the military ... Usually, we're very straighforward. And when we say a thing, we mean it," he replied, almost teasingly.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"I haven't met anyone so straight forward before," Tiifu said absently, shifting slightly, and leaving her fish forgotten for the moment. "It's kind of refreshing."

Manda
"Oh is it now...?" Bhaltair asked with a little smirk. "Well, let me say it again, then. I think that you are beautiful. And strong, and fun to be around," he said, complete honesty in his voice. He didn't think that he wanted to ... do anything like spend the rest of his life with her, but Tiifu was good companion to travel with.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"Then I suppose I must make a confession to. It's only fair. You are the most handsome cheetah I've ever met. You're strong, and smart. And quick on your feet too," Tiifu said absently, smiling and shifting a bit closer to Bhaltair.

Manda
Bhaltair purred at that, also shifting closer to the female - fish forgotten for the moment. "Thank you..." he said softly. Yes... now was definitely a good time to respond to that look he'd seen earlier.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"So what now?" Tiifu asked lightly, her cheeks flushing even more under her fur. Just what was she supposed to do now?

Manda
The cheetah blinked. Oh dear... had she never...? He smiled gently though - and leaned in to lick her face. "Should I show you?"

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
"That would be nice. Did I mention I like that you're such a gentleman?" Tiifu said lightly, smiling and shifting to lick Bhaltair's cheek affectionately.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:56 am
User Image

-Somewhere to Belong-

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
She'd all but given up. Farlest had said that this was the way...that she would find her peace here...and whether peace meant her lost child, or something else...well...she was determined that she would have it, seize it with her own two paws if she must...though, that particular method was unlikely, as skittish as she was. But she wasn't afraid now, strangely. It was midday, and she'd decided to find shade, a scrubby pair of trees being about the best this place had to offer. She wondered just what could be so special about this particular direction...why so much hope and promise lay in her journey. Mind, she hadn't found any of it yet, and her spirits were flagging. Glancing up at the sky wistfully, she sighed heavily, "Isn't there just...some tiny little sign that Far's not being delusional?" That would be nice and comforting.

Manda
In his own turn, Nashorme was just... wandering, having come this way at random. He hadn't yet found anywhere to belong, in particular, so the large male was still a rogue, a loner. It was... safer that way, somehow. Most of the time. There had been the few encounters with others who had thought him some kind of 'demon'. He supposed... because of his coloring and markings. But he thought he'd confused them by running once it was clear he couldn't convince them otherwise.

So hopefully... none of them were now hunting him.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
Tiny A'Lora noticed him before he noticed her. He was very large, at least to her, but not so scary and dark as her tormentor of before. Blinking at him curiously, fear made her heart beat faster as she noticed that he was red...there was a demon wing on his pelt...was he dangerous? Having to fight her first impulse to flee in terror...she remembered quite clearly that Far had said that if she ran from everything on her quest, then she'd never find anything either. "Uhm...uh...h-hello?" She called, musical voice quaking in a most embarrassing fashion.

Manda
Nash blinked and turned head at that voice, having been a bit lost in his own thoughts there. And then he blinked again when he saw the female over underneath those trees. What was she doing way out here... all alone? "Hello," he called back with a faint little smile. "Rare to see ... anyone else in these parts." He'd been wandering the area for a few days, actually and hadn't seen so much as a serval - much less another lion.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
"Well I..." He seemed nice enough, not...all growly and demonish, but then, neither had Iar for a moment there. "...I'm searching for something." It was quiet, and she smiled faintly, hesitantly, tilting head to one side. "What are you doing out here, sir? And...uhm...begging your...p-pardon, but...you aren't...by chance, a demon are you?" It was soft, almost trilling. "I don't mean to be rude...r-really but..." Oh she really was making a mess out of this.

Manda
Nash sighed just slightly at that. It seemed that in these lands, his coloring and that mark on his back automatically labeled him as such ... to just about anyone he might meet. That first male he had run into hadn't said anything about it, but perhaps he had just never heard of these 'demons'. "I'm not a demon," he said, perhaps a bit more firmly than was needed. Then he shook his head and sighed again. "I'm sorry. It's just... I've never even heard of lions claiming to be demons before and now everyone that I run into seems to think I'm a part of their pride."

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
Her smile was a bit more earnest this time. "I-I...it's all right, I believe you, I do. I have just, well...I've had less than good experiences with demons, you see..." Eyes lidding, she tried to shove that memory away. Really...if this one knew, he'd likely be repulsed. She'd been that monster's toy...had borne his children...she was dirtied...and she wanted to find a way to be cleansed. Her peace...she'd find it. Somehow. "I'm...A'Lora..." Best start out on the right paw with this new face. Had to begin somewhere.

Manda
Nash smiled at that and a tension eased out of him that he hadn't even really been aware was there. "I'm Nashorme," he replied softly - stepping slowly closer. She seemed nice, if maybe a bit ... skittish? Frightened? Some of both, likely because of whatever bad encounter she'd had before. Even if she didn't believe he was a demon, his similarity in appearance to them probably didn't help much. "I'm ... something of a wanderer," he confessed then. "I got lost from my home lands... some time ago, and since I'm not sure anymore how to get back, I just drift here and there."

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
"Oh...nice to meet you...Nashorme." She dipped her head politely at the introduction. He had pleasant manners and all of that, seemed a decent fellow, had a...very very nice voice. It had been a while since she'd met a male that put her at ease. "I'm not...exactly wandering. I have a friend and...she had a vision that I should go this way..." Her voice became very quiet, thoughtful, "She told me...that I would find my peace..."

Manda
Nash's smile widened a bit at that and he gave a slight bow in return. "It's nice to meet you too," he replied, then tilted head. "She had a vision..? What sort of vision?" There was nothing more than curiousity in his tone - remembering others with such powers in his homeland.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
"Well..." It seemed odd and a bit more than eccentric to explain this to someone else, but...he was interested, and it had been a while since she'd held pleasant conversation with a male. "It was...a general vision. She foresaw that if I traveled...well...the way I'm going, that I would find my peace. I'm not sure what that means but...I...heavens know I need it. I've had...more than my share of turmoil and...I want to settle down." She seemed almost sheepish, embarrassed. "I've had enough of running scared."

Manda
Nash nodded at that, as he could understand the feeling all too well. "I could do with some peace myself... in fact," he replied quietly. "When I was younger, I was frightened as well... I still am, sometimes. It would be nice... to find a second home, maybe."

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
"Well then!" Her voice held a cheery note, brightening, ears swiveling towards him. "Perhaps we can go seeking together." It was hopeful, but not too pushy. He seemed the type that could protect her, should trouble come their way. "I mean...I could use an escort...and perhaps we'd find someplace...if that's all right with you, I'm n-not saying you have to or anything." The nervousness fluttering its way back into her voice as she went on, she had to concentrate in order not to stutter.

Manda
Nash smiled at that, though, and nodded. "I wouldn't at all mind playing escort for a while, A'Lora. At least until you find your peace... and perhaps we will both find peace together." He rather liked the thought of that. She was admittedly the nicest creature he'd met in these lands so far... and he sensed that she was more than a bit lonely - much as he was himself.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
Bobbing her head in agreement, she then slowly rose to her feet. "All right...at the very least...perhaps we can be friends?" She hadn't made a true friend in a very long time, afraid to get even that close to anyone...but perhaps she could now, perhaps some part of her could heal...and maybe in time she could trust Nashorme, so long as he turned out to be as much a gentleman as he seemed. Gesturing forward with a paw, her blue eyes sparkled. "Shall we?"

Manda
Nash also stood and nodded at that, smiling back at her. "Indeed," he replied, his voice half a purr. He rather thought it would be nice to have a friend here as well...

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:04 am
User Image

-We Belong Together-

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
It had been a couple of weeks since A'Lora had bumped into Nash, and quite quickly she'd found herself enamoured of the male. He was handsome, kind, and quite pleasant. Interesting too. How she ever could have thought him a demon was beyond her, and her fondness for him was growing quite intense. She'd woken up early this morning, making her way down to the water that they'd camped out by in order to get a drink. The ground was especially soft by the bank, but nothing too dangerous. She'd waded out a few steps, and taken her drink and had been prepared to go back and wake Nash up...when a huge crocodile had reared its head up and snapped at her. With a yelp, she fled back towards the bank, only to flounder, finding that the mud here was far deeper and squishier than it had been where she'd entered. The crocodile was also apparently quite irritated with her intrusion, and came after her, jaws wide. Flailing, she let out a cry of absolute terror, trying to fight her way free before she ended up as dinner.

Manda
Nash had just woken on his own when he heard the lioness cry out and sat bolt upright - then was moving toward the sound with almost no memory of having even gotten -up-. He just knew that noise meant that 'Lor was in trouble...

And when he got to her, he saw why. Flying at the crocodile in turn, he roared and jumped on top of it for a moment - shoving it into the mud in turn.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
"Nash!" Her cry was half relief, and half worry. A crocodile was a dangerous opponent, no matter how big the lion, and the other could lose limbs if he wasn't careful. Valiantly trying to free herself from the mud's hold, she rather wished that she were a bit bigger...it would have made this whole thing so much easier.

Manda
Nash knew that well enough, though, and stayed back from the croc's powerful jaws - while trying to aim swipes at its eyes to make it retreat. He thought that he could probably get 'Lor out of the mud but he didn't want the croc snapping at his own paws while he did so.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
The croc did so, just because the other was picking on its eyes, and it snapped angrily, obviously preparing for another charge once it was bold enough to do so. A'Lora whimpered, swallowing hard. "Nash...let's just...get out of here?" It was soft, pleading. The crocodile couldn't follow them far if they just fled.

Manda
"Working on that," Nash replied then, backing off quickly and grabbing the scruff of 'Lor's neck with teeth - hauling at her with his own paws braced on slightly more stable ground.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
And with her pushing herself out, it wasn't but a few seconds before she was free, and she instantly darted away from the water and the irate croc. She knew that Nash would be right behind her...and once she was convinced she was safe, she collapsed, panting. That had been far too close.

Manda
Nash was indeed right behind the other, panting softly as he ran - and he collapsed as well once they were far enough from the water that the croc wouldn't still be following.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
After a moment, she smiled, nudging the other with her nose. "Thank you, Nash..." She murmured, "You saved my life..." The other was really more than her hero...she was just, afraid to let him know that, afraid to weigh him down. She'd never given him the story, really, of why she was on this search, why she needed peace so badly...perhaps she should.

Manda
Nash smiled faintly at that and started cleaning mud off his paws with a little cough of disgust at the taste of the mud. "I couldn't very well leave you there to be crocodile food," he pointed out with a smile.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
"I knew you wouldn't." She lilted, responding with confidence. "And...I...I wanted to thank you too, for coming with me. I'm terribly glad for it. I...have to say that I've become terribly fond of you, in this time we've spent together." More than fond, really, but that was a place to start. She felt that nervous flutter rising again, and her shyness threatened to swallow her voice.

Manda
Nash blinked at that and folded paws in front of him, giving her his full attention now. "Oh..?" he asked, raising brows a bit. He rather thought that he maybe ... knew what she was talking about, but he wouldn't push her...

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
She nodded, curling just a bit, making herself more comfortable. "Yes...I...care for you, Nash...but before you say anything..." Nervously, she pawed lightly at the ground beneath her. "...I need to tell you...why I went on this journey...just...just in case you don't...want to come with me anymore." Her ears flattened against the sides of her head, and she shivered as the flashbacks returned.

Manda
Nash blinked at that and raised his head just a little - scooting closer so he was half curled around the other. It was part instinctive, reacting to seeing a female in distress... but the rest was just because he didn't like seeing her upset. "I'm listening..." he replied quietly, nuzzling at her shoulder a bit.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
"W-well...I was traveling...you see...hoping to meet new people, perhaps find my brother...you know, all of that. I was...minding my own business...when I met him. He..." Her eyes lidded, and she had to force herself to continue, as her mind backed violently away from that memory. "He...was a demon...a very strong one...and...he...he made me his pet...his toy...he hurt me and dragged me back when I tried to escape...it was only by another lion's interference that I managed to get away...a-and...then...I found out that I was pregnant...that I was...going to have that monster's cubs..." Her gaze firmly on the ground, tears ran from her eyes, staining her fur...she was utterly shamed, but...she had to be honest with Nash, because she cared for him.

Manda
Nash raised his head again at first - but not becuase he thought any less of 'Lor ... because he could understand a bit better now why others might not trust him on first sight, if demons were like -that-. Then he growled softly and shook his head. "If I knew where that creature was who did that to you... I would tear a piece out of his hide. Or more than that."

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
She smiled fleetingly, leaning to more fully rest against him. He was so much larger...warm...comforting. "And...it didn't get better." She murmured. "I found my way to the Kunanda'Nakhun, a pride ruled by rather brilliantly colored females. It was a safe place, at least...and I bore two cubs, males...and then...one day...one of them wandered away from the pride...and he...he disappeared. He was too small to just...leave on his own...and I've always been afraid that something happened to him. So...naturally, I did the only thing I knew how...I left my other son in the safety of the pride...and I went looking for my lost child." Crying quietly again, she sniffled, "I never...found him...I'm afraid he's lost forever. I think...that perhaps his father stole him away. He'd threatened terrible things and I...I've lived in fear ever since...running away from everything...but...like you know...I can't do that...not anymore."

Manda
Nash sighed softly at that and curled back around the other - purring to her, a soothing sound. "Yes... living in fear is not really any fun," he agreed quietly - nuzzling at her shoulder again. "Did you not want to go back to that pride and the son that you left there..?" he asked, though, voice gentle.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
She shook her head, "He is...a part of that pride. I did not raise him, as was customary, and he seemed happy there...I will not tear him away from what he sees as home. He was old enough...when I left." It faded to a whisper, and she buried her head against his shoulder. "I hardly know who I am anymore...but...I know...that I care about you...and I care about you deeply."

Manda
Nash purred louder at that and curved his own head around to lick gently at her tears. "It's all right... I wasn't blaming you, just curious," he replied quietly. "And I do not blame you for the actions of that demon either... it's not your fault that he is the type of creature who would ... do that to another being."

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
With a soft, sobbing sound, she shivered, leaning heavily against him. "Nash...I...do you think...you could ever come to care for me?" It was soft, hopeful, not even daring to think that the other might already. She was very fond of him, loved him in a way...and could easily see years passing at his side. But what did he see? That was the real question.

Manda
Nash smiled at that and leaned his head atop hers for a moment. "I think that I already do, 'Lor..." he murmured softly - licking at one ear in an affectionate sort of manner.

o0 Sephiros Immortal 0o
Surprise flitted into her blue eyes then, and she flushed beneath her fur, only to tilt her head, to nuzzle faintly at his jaw. "Nash...stay with me...stay at my side?" A hopeful, but fervent question. "You are...my beloved." Everything fit together...and no one before Nash had ever made her feel this way, so safe and cared for...secure. If she could...she would keep what she had now.

Manda
Nash purred louder still and moved to nuzzle at her jaw in return. "Of course... " he murmured softly. "You are my beloved as well, A'Lora..." the larger male half-whispered. His mate, the one he had been meant to find... and suddenly, getting himself lost in this land didn't seem nearly so terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:45 pm
User Image

-Stay For the Night...-

Summer Rain 07
It had been a few days now since the birth of Elua's cub and the little group was on the move again, though slowly. They took turns carrying their new smallest member and several of the other adults had been detailed to hunt for the new mother so that Elua wouldn't have to worry about food.
Eisheth had volunteered to go hunting today and so was ranging far enough out ahead of the others that their scent wouldn't alert any prey that she might find.

Chukua wandered around. After his meeting with Muli he found he had a better view of life than he had before. He wasn't depressed or anything, but for some reason he felt better about everything around him. His head was clearer, and his body felt lighter. As he walked, he started to hum a small tune to himself. He didn't know what he was singing, he just felt that he had to, must have been something that rubbed off from the bard.

Topping a small rise, Eisheth's ears perked at the soft humming and she looked around, tail tip twitching. Well... that probably meant there wasn't going to be much prey in the area, but it was always nice to meet new people too!
Finally spotting the source of the sound, she loped down the slope and called out quietly, "Hello there!"

Chukua looked over to see the source of the voice. A smile came across his maw. "Hello." he said, taking a few steps closer to the cheetah to meet her. "I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" It wasn't every day someone new came over to talk to him, he was mostly scolded for scaring something away or waking cubs.

Eisheth shook her head slightly at that. "Not really. I'm supposed to be hunting, but if you've been through here there's probably not much prey anyway." She smiled at him. "And there are others out as well, so it doesn't all depend upon me."

He chuckled lightly. "Heh, sorry about that ma'am, I guess I couldn't help myself. It was bound to come out sometime." She seemed nice. That was a good change of pace for him. Too many times had he rubbed someone's fur the wrong way. He hated confrontations.

Eisheth also laughed softly at that and sat down, curling her tail about her paws. "So what brings you in this direction? Are you part of a group of some kind or just a lone wanderer?" she asked curiously, ears pricking toward him.

"Naw, it's just me." He said as he sat down in front of her. "Never been one to take on a pride or anything." He said as he laughed, "Never had it in me. Always going where my paws take me." Deep down though he wondered what it would be like to be with other people. hunting in groups, being able to talk to someone on a regular basis, and just lazing about with the ones he loved.

"Aah." Eisheth nodded at that, smiling at the other. "There seem to be a lot who feel that way. I'm traveling with a group myself, but we all kind of ... wander together." She tilted head a bit, watching him. "One of our number... my cousin actually... just gave birth to a new cub, so we're a little slower for a while now."

His eyes widened when she mentioned the birth. "Congratulations." He said with a large smile, "That must be exciting." He always wanted cubs of his own, but never ran across someone who was pleasant. Unless he counted Muli, but they had only known each other for such a small time.
"Indeed," Eisheth purred happily, glad that he seemed pleased by the news, even though he wasn't a part of their group at all. "The cub is a little bit strange... he's not all cheetah, really," she said then, speculatively. "But it's all right, any new life is worth celebrating."

He nodded, "That is true." He had never met anyone who despised the thought of half breeds, and didn't understand how they could act so cruelly towards them. He had heard stories of them being abused, ignored, and even killed. He didn't understand what made them so different that they should be treated that way. Then again somethings he knew he would never understand.

Eisheth smiled at that and nodded, glad that he saw nothing wrong with it. The old group that both she and Elua had left had been one of those that despised hybrids and thought them bad luck. They had abandoned Elua as a cub to die because she had been related to hybrids herself. Standing up with a little purr, she asked, "Would you like somewhere to rest for the night? I'm sure you'd be welcome and with several of us out hunting for Elua, there should be plenty of food."

"Well that's mighty kind of you ma'am, I'd love a place to stay, if it won't cause a bother of any kind." He said, his strange southern accent showing in his words. He shook his head to one side, his hair getting in front of his good eye.

"I'm sure that you won't be a bother! Everyone likes meeting new faces, you'll see," she replied brightly, ears perking toward him. "I left early this morning so I could get out ahead of them but they will have caught up a little now. They should be just back this way..." So saying, she started off in a particular direction, making more light chatter as they went.

Chukua smiled and followed, "As long as I'm not getting in the middle of anything, I guess I could stay." He smiled as he followed the cheetah. Moments like these were rare for him. Normally the females he ren into wanted to kill them over a 'stolen' meal. He treasured moments like these. "Thank you Eisheth."

She smiled back at him, looking over her shoulder. "It's not a problem," she replied. "After all, one of the main credos of our group is this: Love as thou wilt." It was said in a tone like it was very important, truly one of the center points of her life, and that of those around her. "So we welcome all who want to visit, or even stay."

"Thank you ma'am." He repeated again. A warm welcome and happy faces. This would be a moment he'd never forget.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:39 pm
User Image

-Fancy Meeting You Again...-

T`Poi
The jungle. It had been a long, long while since Ri had set paws in the warm, humid tree-land. And she rather liked it. The way the moonlight barely filtered through. The way the shadows seemed to move and creep. The sweet sounds of life in the darkness, oblivious to the demon who walked among them. Oh...she was certainly outside the borders a little bit. But that didn't bother her. The vampires dwelt here, and Ri rather liked what she knew about them.

Especially the one she'd met. The strange blood-colored cub she'd met when she was small...he still intrigued her. A vampire...yet with something of a demon in him.

Manda
Over time, that cub had grown, as such things went... Now he was quite a bit larger, and looked to get bigger still. Though such a thing seemed impossible on a diet of nothing but blood, he'd grown strong, muscles rippling beneath dark red fur as 'Tani paced along the jungle floor. He was quieter now as well, doing a bit of exploring/patrolling on his own today. He knew that it was likely the little 'expedition' he was to go on with the princes would leave soon. So he wanted to know the borders of the pride well before they left.

T`Poi
Sounds and a strange scent caught Ri's attention, and she was on edge, grin on her face. Well...what lurked in the night with her? Crouching low, the lithe and small adolescent made her way forward, steps careful of the underbrush. By blood, she was built for the forest....and what was a jungle but another forest?

A glimpse of red caught her and she turned toward it...and blinked. Well...what a time for her not to wear her jewelry. Ah well...certainly, he would recognize her as she did him. After all...both looked rather distinct, no matter how they grew. "Hmmm...seems I've found myself in vampire company once more."

Manda
'Tani tensed at that sudden voice, but then... something about it struck him as familiar and he turned slowly - slightly crouched - to face her. And blinked... waaaiit a second. "Ri?" he asked, voice deeper now, a bit fuller, just as his mane was growing to be.

T`Poi
He'd grown VERY well! Ri was a little surprised, but it passed quickly as she nodded. "It is good to see you again Tani. You look well. And are FAR bigger than me now!" She laughed softly, tail swishing a bit as she padded forward. "How are things on your side of the jungle?"

Manda
'Tani laughed softly at that and his own tail tip flicked back and forth a bit, ears pricked toward her. "A bit quiet at the moment... though that may change soon," he replied with a little smirk. No reason to reveal all of the pride's plans. But he thought of Ri as a friend. And vampires and demons... well. It made sense that they would get along.

T`Poi
She stopped not far from him and nodded. "Well...it would make sense to shake things up some at some point." A chuckle. "After all, change is inevitable when you're a creature of the night." The moon changed, the stars changed, even the shadows changed. So why shouldn't the lions who walked beside them? "I'm sure I'll find out soon enough...no need to press on." She knew better than to do that...no sense in making him clam up.

Manda
'Tani nodded at that with a low little purring sound. And she was smart too ... he rather liked that. "I don't suppose there's any news from your corner of the world?" he asked then, head tilting a bit. "Or have you been back very long?" He knew that she had been leaving when she came through here before...

T`Poi
"Mmmm...I have been back for a good while. My plans were set a bit...askew." Stupid hybrids. Stupid leopards. One day, she'd make them pay. "We've gained new blood within the pride...and new cubs." No harm in saying that. Ri knew the cubs were all perfectly safe...with the blood line of her PRECIOUS half-siblings, and the new cubs being HAKUNA'S of all lionesses....well, cubnapping was down to nill.

Manda
'Tani tilted head a little at the way she said that last but chose to let it go for the moment. "Mmm... sounds interesting. Part of the changes I hope are coming soon here ... may involve the same sorts of things." The vampires really could use some new blood. And perhaps some young ones that were not the children of his own insane birth mother.

T`Poi
"Ah! Cubs are a wondrous thing." Yes...malleable, and loyal once you gained their trust. And the future. ALWAYS the future. After all...RI knew she would not live forever. One day, she would leave behind a legacy of children and grandchildren.

Manda
The red male nodded at that with another little purr. And then... a thought occured to him. Leaving the pride was most certainly not the -only- way to bring new blood in. A slow little smirk came over his maw then, eyeing the young lioness. He had just a moment of thought about Kef, but dismissed it. This was different. He liked Kef, perhaps more than that... Ri would just simply be a way to bring in new little ones. If she agreed... he knew that he would have to tread carefully here.

T`Poi
Ri noticed the change and raised a brow. "Hmmm...is there another idea slipping through the shadows of your mind, Tani?" More a statement than a question...but his expression made her curious. Well...rather he made her curious overall.

Manda
"Oh... just considering what you said about cubs ..." 'Tani replied, that smirk widening just a bit. Hm, to skirt around the question or be blunt? Ha... might as well be blunt and just see how she reacted. He could only hope she didn't go for his throat or anything. "I was thinking... maybe ... that you might be able to help us out a little on that score - as you say your pride has several new cubs right now..."

T`Poi
Ri smiled a bit, very curious now. Well well....what was running through his brain? Certainly not the transfer of any of her pride's cubs, hm? "That we do." Perhaps...he sought another way... "And they interest you, oh great vampire? Or the thought of them?"

Manda
"Mm... more the thought of cubs than your pride's cubs... in particular," he replied with a low purr. At least she hadn't attacked him... yet. "To be entirely blunt," he started then, and raised his head a bit. "I wondered if you might agree to ah... try for some cubs of our own. Yours, and mine. To go to the vampires..."

T`Poi
Well...he was far more forward than Ri thought. And that...she did not mind at all. "Perhaps...I might be willing to help you out...under a single condition." Might as well make it...mutually beneficial. Not maybe immediately. But certainly in the long run.

Manda
'Tani tilted his head a bit at that, wondering. "Well... I'm not sure what I would be able to agree to in regards to this pride... but ask." So long as it wasn't that she let her kill him later or something... Erm.

T`Poi
Ri chuckled. "Understandable, Tani. It is a simple condition." She purred a bit. "Once the cubs are grown, you would...assist me in creating a litter for the demons." She knew it would take her body time to heal after all. And the current young of the pride needed time to grow before new young was added.

Manda
The red male blinked at that and then nodded slowly. "I don't think that... would be a problem at all," he purred then. After all, he rather liked Ri...

T`Poi
"Well then, Morwa'shetani of the vampires...You have yourself a deal." The smile had grown to something between a smirk and a grin. "One that shall certainly benefit both prides in the end, with new blood and possibly..." She purred, taking a step closer. "Something else."

Manda
'Tani purred back at her and also stepped closer - daring to nuzzle at her jaw just a bit. "Indeed..." he replied, then bounced back a little and turned, looking over his shoulder. "And it just so happens... I know the perfect little secluded spot..."

T`Poi
Ri nuzzled back, then chuckled. "Well then, Tani..." She quickly caught up with him, used to keeping pace with her larger pridemates. "Lead the way...and hope it is not in use, hm?" Yes...this was thrilling. And rightly so. For soon...soon things would change, and the shadows would shift...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:11 pm
User Image

-To Be Safe-

Truth.Be.Told
Esu'me Kibou stumbled into the cool water of a shallow river, the water around her already turning murky as it was exposed to the gray and yellow dirt and dust on her fur. The lioness dutifully washed herself, careful of wounds that were half-healed and her half-lame back left leg. As the last of the dirt was removed from her fur and the water cleared...

She frowned. Frowned at the reflection of herself. Esu'me finally noticed the extent of His marks on her. And she couldn't help but hold back tears. She couldn't cry now. This was only a rest...until she was properly safe, in a place He couldn't reach her, she could not cry. Tears were for herself...She couldn't afford to be selfish when there were possibly lives inside her....

Manda
Having wandered just a little ways away from where the rest of his family was, Mes-en'aphar was currently playing 'explorer' ... seeing what cool things he could find to show his siblings later on. But he certainly hadn't expected to find another lioness when he stopped to get a drink at the stream nearby - only noticing something odd when he saw all the dirt in the water.

Then he looked up, and blinked at the form of the lioness upstream from him. Trotting forward unafraid, he called out, "Hi!"

Truth.Be.Told
Esu'me stiffened a bit at the voice, then calmed when she saw the owner was a young one...Not quite a cub, but certainly no where near gaining a full mane. She smiled tiredly, but kindly at him. When it came to cubs, Esu'me was ALWAYS willing to put her own pain aside.

"Hello, young one. Haven't wandered too far from your family, I hope?" The thought of one so young on his own made her heart ache...and she hoped the answer to her question was 'yes'.

Manda
"They're just back there," Mes-en replied with a little tilt of his head. And indeed, there was a small oasis still visible from here where the rest of his family waited. Blinking at the larger female curiously, he bowed a little bit. "I'm Mes-en'aphar... what's your name? Are you lost?" Yea, so he had to be polite or his mom would scold him ... but he was curious too!

Truth.Be.Told
Esu'me shook her head. "I am not lost, young Mes-en'aphar. Simply searching for a safe place." Why, she would not say. If he was to know such things as what she was running from, his mother would tell him...It was not her place.

"My name is Esu'me Kibou. But Esu'me is perfectly fine, if you wish." The brown lioness shook herself a bit, just enjoying the cool water now.

Manda
"Safe? Safe from what? Did something attack you?" the young one asked, though, ears instantly perking up at the hint of a deeper story. Then he frowned a bit and his ears went back. "Sorry... I'm being rude, huh... if you don't wanna talk about it, s'okay." Then ears perked a bit again and he said, "Oh, you can call me Mes-en!"

Truth.Be.Told
Esu'me shook her head. "It is not a tale for you, Mes-en. Perhaps...if we meet when you have a full mane, I will tell you." She laughed softly and took a deep breath. "Just know that what I am running from is far back...far from me." Yes...He would not find her yet. Her family made sure of that.

The lioness blinked and inspected Mes-en. Hmm...perhaps, if they met again, she could make him something. Surely by then she'd be able to craft again..."This may sound strange, considering the prior topic...but I think Tiger's eye would suit you."

Manda
"Aw when I have a full mane..? But that's so looooong," the little juvenile whined a bit, but then he blinked at her next comment. "Tiger's eye..? What's that?" Instantly distracted by the change of subject, he plopped his rear on the ground and watched the lioness, tail-tip twitching back and forth a bit.

Truth.Be.Told
Ah...young ones followed new trails of thought so easily. It relieved her. "It's a very pretty stone." The lioness closed her eyes, to envision it better. "It's a dark, warm brown with stripes of gold in it..." She opened her eyes again. "It would go well with the brown of your fur."

Manda
Eyes widening a bit, Mes-en tried to think of what such a stone might look like and then nodded a little. Okay ...but what did it have to do with him? "Go well with it..? How?" he asked, ears pricked toward Esu'me.

Truth.Be.Told
Esu'me thought a moment. "A hair ornament. Probably with...yes. Hawk feathers. Golden hawk feathers." She seemed to be at peace now, all traces of her earlier tiredness gone. "Maybe a bracelet to go with the decoration."

Manda
"Wait wait... " Mes-en said, blinking at her. "Are you ... talkin' about making stuff for me?" he asked, staring at her. But she didn't -have- any of those things! Unless this was also a thing for when he had his full mane...

Truth.Be.Told
"For if we meet again. Or you ever find someone who wants to make something for you." Esu'me lightly pat his head. "I'm afraid my mind sometimes gets ahead of me. Inspiration is a strange thing, Mes-en."

Manda
"Oh... " Mes-en replied, ducking his head a bit at her patting. Then he peered up from under his mane-fluff and huffed a little. "I'm tired of having to wait around for everything until I'm bigger or older... I wish ... that I could help people. Like you ... help keep you safe from whatever you're running from. But you won't even tell me what it is..." He sighed softly.

Truth.Be.Told
Esu'me sighed. "I know how it is to wish you were bigger now." Every cub wished that at some point. "But enjoy your childhood...it passes too quickly." She laughed sadly. "Far too quickly. But it is a sweet time."

Manda
Mes-en sighed at that and huffed again, one ear cocked out to the side a bit. "I guess so ... I mean, I like playing and stuff too. But I wanna be able to do more." He got that he'd upset her somehow, though - and moved a bit closer, bumping her leg with his smaller head. "Sorry if I made you sad, though..."

Truth.Be.Told
Esu'me chuckled. "I will be fine, Mes-en." Then a yawn escaped her. She'd...been running for so long...with so little sleep. Her belly was full....But she'd only slept half the night for at least two weeks...

He wouldn't go out in deep darkness. Ever. Esu'me did not know what scared him about the deep night, but she took advantage of that time to sleep.

Manda
Almost tentatively, Mes-en peered up at the lioness and offered, "If you want somewhere safe... I'm sure that my whole family could protect you even if I can't do it by myself..."

Truth.Be.Told
She startled and blinked at the juvenile...and her mind warred with itself. She was tired and her half-lame leg giving her issues...but she was still scared. But...she sighed. "I...I think one night would be...okay." Esu'me nodded. "Yes...one night." Maybe a full night of sleep...

Manda
Mes-en grinned at that, glad that he could help even a little. "Okay! If you wanted to stay longer... I'm sure that would be all right too." Then he moved to touch his nose to her shoulder. "This way ... I think we even have some extra food too that we were going to leave for the scavengers later on..."

Truth.Be.Told
Esu'me felt...relieved. Scared inside, but relieved too, as she followed the cub with her peculiar limp. "Thank you, Mes-en." It was a heartfelt thanks...and her voice quieter than it had been.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:08 pm
User Image

-The Violence...-

ShinosBee
Hewa paused in his slow stalk, waiting low in the grass as a breeze ruffled over him. He'd rolled in a pile he'd found earlier, half hiding his scent...with luck that would be enough. He was upwind of the herd of wildebeest, but the wind was erratic, and they seemed not to notice him creeping closer and closer. He licked his tongue over his teeth in anticipation, sending a quick and almost unconscious thought to Morifaer and Sparda for luck. He'd forgotten how thrilling (and how hard) making a kill on his own was while living in the pride.

He'd set out days ago to roam. Find demons, recruit them, that was all well and good, but he was happy to take his time with the mission. And he was hungry, besides. As the wind died down he began to slink closer, massive frame obscured for the most part. If he could just get a bit closer now...

Manda
Meanwhile, Auri had wandered off just a little ways from where she and Taonga had decided to stop for a few days - well away from the humans and their cages by this point. She had scented the wildebeast herd as well, and the small leopard had had some thought of trying to catch one perhaps. Though really ... she hadn't a clue how to go about that when the prey beast wasn't already half-tame.

Having come over a little rise so she could see the herd, she was eyeing all of the animals milling around... so many of them...

ShinosBee
A low rumble had built itself in Hewa's throat, and he only just bit it back when one of the creatures he was stalking gave pause to raise it's head and look around. Thankfully it seemed not to notice him, instead looking off towards where the land was more hilly. Muscles bunched and coiled, now, while it wasn't watching, he could strike. The buck was far larger than he had originally planned to take, and in his prime, but the chance was simply too great to pass up.

Unable to resist the urge any longer, he let out a bellowing roar that seemed to shake the earth (though more likely that was the result of the herd stampeeding away) and broke into as close to a sprint as he could come. He leapt into the air, strange white claws gliding out, piercing the air and then skin. He landed hard on the buck's flank, nearly slipping off. With a second snarl he managed to cling on long enough to bear the thing down with him. Hooves lashed and one struck him, leaving a bloody streak on his right forelimb. Pinning the beast, he whirled his way around, biting at the windpipe and tearing. The stink of blood oozed into the air as the rest of the herd passed out of sight, leaving their fallen comrade to twitch and gasp in the dirt.

Manda
Quite suddenly, there was a lour roar and then the entire herd of beasts started to run, the noise of their hooves even louder than the sound that had started them. The leopardess's eyes widened and she took a step backwards, frightened for a moment that she might be run over. But no... the herd was moving another direction. Then movement caught at her gaze and she turned just in time to see a large male lion - even bigger than Taonga - leap onto the back of a huge buck and take it down to the ground. Her eyes went very very wide at the sheer violence of the kill, the way the prey beast fought and kicked, gashing the lion's leg before it was killed.

She had never... seen such a thing before. All the animals they had been fed had been fairly small, and almost always females - or else the very old. Nothing... nothing like this.

ShinosBee
Hewa backed off while the beast kicked out the last of its life, moving to lap only at the blood spilling from the torn neck, away from hooves and danger. Eventually the beast lay still, and without much ado he tore into it, slashing the stomach open to spill the innards. Better to let them steam openly than bloat the body while he kept at his drinking. The pride's rituals weren't required here, but he still kept them, including the drinking of blood to gain the beast's strength.

After the blood flow stopped he dipped a claw into the open gash and smeared the blood there into his new wound. It stung, making him hiss, but it should scar over...Another for the collection, well earned. Wasting little time, he tore off a shank of meat and gulped it down. It was obvious he paid little mind to the fact that he was stained red all down his front.

Manda
Auri made a soft noise of horror at the way that the large male just... drank at the blood without even ending the creature's struggles first. And then when he smeared blood into his own wound, she stood up and started down... entranced by the sight, unable to turn away. She didn't even think that he could be dangerous, just... wanting to know why. "W-what ... are you doing?" she called out, starting off a bit hesitant, but then her voice grew stronger.

ShinosBee
Hewa looked up and around, hackles raised and ready to defend his meal. Of course he couldn't finish it all, but it was his after all. "Who's there?" He rumbled before spotting the leopard a ways off. Seeing it was just one, and a rather meek looking thing at that he relaxed a bit. He could easily fend off one leopard. "I'm eating...obviously."

Something about how distressed the other feline was made him curious. Pausing to tear off another bit of meat and hastily gobble it down, he turned to watch her over the carcass as he ate. Eventually he huffed and added, "I'm not going to hurt you or anything. Unless you try to take my dinner, that is."

Manda
In truth, Auri rather felt like running back to Taonga at that point and hiding from the world. But... if she was going to live out here and survive, she needed to understand... "I can see that you're eating," she forged on, determined - though she kept her distance. All of the scars she could see now that she was closer were definitely making her nervous. "But ... why torment it like that!"

ShinosBee
Hewa blinked and looked down at the torn and partly eaten buck. "Torment it?" He'd never imagined he was torturing the poor thing. Tearing the throat was quick, it wasn't as if he'd begun to eat it while it still lived. "I didn't torture it. I just killed it." He continued to eat as he spoke. He was a bit less rushed in his gorging, but he was still quite speedy, instinct telling him to eat while he could, lest more leopards arrive. "That's how it goes. I kill it, I eat it." It wasn't like there was any other way. He couldn't eat grass now, could he?

Despite his fearful appearance, it was clear the lion wasn't about to attack the leopard just yet. He moved once, shifting more onto the carcass to get at other yet uneaten patches of flesh once he'd had most of the meat from the haunch he'd been working at. Over head a vulture circled, and he rumbled lowly at it, warning it off. The scavengers were quick today.

Manda
Auri swallowed slightly at that... realizing sort of belatedly that he was telling the truth. He hadn't really prolonged the animal's pain - it was just... odd, how he had gone about his meal. She wasn't about to just back off, however - though his collection of scars was making her nervous. "I suppose..." she murmured. "But why lick up all the blood first?"

ShinosBee
Hewa had forgotten that the ritual of blood was uncommon outside the Aikanaro'Hini. Funny, he'd once found it strange too. "To gain the animal's strength and add it to my own," He answered plainly, as if this would be something she should know. "If I had let it spill in the dirt it would be a waste."

Bolder now, the vulture swooped down to land between the two cats, hopping back and forth and leering about with its bald head and hungry eyes. Hewa's eyes left the leopardess to follow the bird as it got slowly closer with each hop. The life of a hunter was hard, it would seem. Fighting to claim a meal, and then even more fighting to keep it their own dinner, and no one else's.

Manda
Auri blinked and her mouth fell open. "Ooh... I ... somehow, that makes sense." She frowned slighty. Was that why she failed so much as a hunter? Because she had never lapped up all of the blood of her kills, letting the strength there go to waste? She'd have to try it.

Following the male's gaze to that vulture, she frowned. "Shoo!" she called, charging at the bird to chase it off. She hated those things...

ShinosBee
Hewa nearly laughed at the leopard chasing the bird off. This wasn't even her kill to protect. Perhaps she expected he'd share with her. Well she could have some, but not until he was done. Not yet, any way. He'd been planning to pounce the bird if it had come closer but now it was making angry noises and fluttering away in a huff. "It'll be back," He noted grimly. They always were.

"So." He punctuated the already slow conversation with a pause to tug a long strip of bloody meat from the body. He pinned one end between his paws and worked at it, tugging his head back and around to tear parts off. "I'm Mahewa."

Manda
"I just hate those things," she said with a little shiver. "There didn't used to be any ... where... where I lived before," she finished a bit lamely, somehow not wanting to tell this male how she'd grown up inside walls and cages.

Sitting down again, she watched him almost curiously. "My name is Auri'chanua... most just call me Auri, though..."

ShinosBee

Manda's Pets = DOOM

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces