8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:28 pm
User Image

-It's too small to be a rabbit...and it isn't a beetle...-

Manda
Farai yawned slightly, glancing over at where his father was flopped underneath one of the scraggly little trees ... apparently asleep. The little cub knew better than to wander off, but it was boooring here. Looking up suddenly ... he wondered where his sister had gone... She was usually more adventurous than him, and he knew if daddy woke up, she'd get into trouble if she'd gone too far...

+Sephiros Immortal+
Tapiwa was a little ways off, doing what she did best: exploring! Of course, this was her own humble opinion, but she rarely doubted her own patterns of thought on such things. She'd merrily traipsed away from slumbering parents, headed off to places unknown. Places unknown, however, weren't very far away. That, and they weren't much fun to explore alone. Popping up over one of the various rocks that littered the ground about, she waggled her paw at her brother. "Psst! Farai!"

Manda
Ears perked toward the sound of his name, and Farai turned to see his sister waving at him. Well ... she really wasn't too far away... just ... not really in sight. That wasn't -quite- the same thing, right? With a grin, he got up and trotted over toward her. "Whaaat?" he asked in quiet, almost whispery voice - overdramatic perhaps ... but then again, who cared? It made it all seem much more important!

+Sephiros Immortal+
Beaming that her brother had responded, she waggled a bit, ears flicking. "C'mon, Farai...let's go exploring!" She coaxed, "I wanna see if I can find out what that funny smell by the big rock is! C'mon...it's not too far." It was...out of sight yes, but not so far that they'd get punished. Scolded a bit perhaps, but not punished.

Manda
Farai hesitated for just a moment or two, glancing back the way he had come ... and then nodded, quickly, before he could change his mind. "A'right... what funny smell are you talkin' about?" he asked, scrambling a bit awkwardly over the rock to join her on the other side of it.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Glancing at him in a conspiratory manner, she smirked. "I dunno...but I'll show you." With that, she traipsed off, headed for the large rock that was but a little ways from where their parents were lounging. There was indeed an odd smell thereabouts...near the base of the rock...that Tapiwa had never scented up until yesterday, and she hadn't the faintest idea what might be causing it.

Manda
Farai followed gamely, attempting not to trip over his own paws as he went along, tail tip waving back and forth just a bit. Stopping at said rock, he blinked, and sniffed at the air. Hm... "That is weird," he said quietly, ears perking toward the rock. "D'you hear that...?" he whispered, as there was a sort of scrabbling and scraping noise coming from the rock.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her ears pricked as well, and she instantly crouched, utterly silent for a moment. "Yeah..." She murmured, "What is it?" It sounded like an animal...and it had to be a small one...but...what? Wriggling a bit, she waited impatiently, hoping that it would come out.

Manda
"I dunno ... but if it hears us, it might be scared... shhhhh," Farai said softly, moving to where he wasn't right in front of the hole. In fact, he managed to crawl up on top of the rock, head hanging over to peer downwards.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Tapiwa backed away a little bit, tail flicking to and fro as her blue eyes fastened intently on the hole...waiting for a few moments. Then, she saw a whiskered nose peer out, and the cub held her breath. Would it come out?

Manda
Farai also tensed at the sight of that little nose and shifted just a bit ... utterly silent - instinct serving him well ... if he could just be patient. And indeed, over the next few moments, the mouse crept carefully out of its little den ... not scenting either cub anymore, as Tapiwa had been lucky enough to get downwind of it, and Farai was above...

+Sephiros Immortal+
Then, Tapiwa dashed forward, putting her paw in front of the critter's den so that it wouldn't be able to return to its lair. Oh no, she wanted to see just what this strange creature was. With a triumphant grin, she beamed up at her brother. "D'you think you can catch it, Farai?"

Manda
At that, the mouse let out a panicked squeak, little eyes wide as its path of escape was blocked. It stood still for a moment or two, quivering in fear.

Farai blinked, then grinned back at Tapiwa. "Of course I can!" he answered, and sprang off the top of the rock with a little kittenish growl that was obviously meant to be more impressive than it actually was. The mouse, of course, broke and ran at that ... but Farai was faster, pinning it down underneath a paw.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Tapiwa let out a little delighted squeal, darting from her place to some stand beside her brother, leaning down to peer at his paw, trying to catch a glimpse of the animal beneath it. "Didju catch it?" She knew of course, that he had...affirmation was just nice.

Manda
Farai blinked at his sister, half his mind having been on how weird the little thing felt squirming about in terror underneath his paw. "Yea ...I got it... what is it?" he wondered, attempting to peer at the creature without lifting his paw up and letting it go again.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She wrinkled her nose. "I dunno...I've never seen one before. It's too small to be a rabbit...and it isn't a beetle..." They'd had those explained to them before. But this fit neither category.

Manda
"Yea ... too big for a beetle," Farai agreed with a nod. Tilting head, he tried addressing the creature itself. "Hey ... what are you?" Of course, he got nothing but more terrified squeaking in return. Well. That was helpful ... "It doesn't seem very smart..." he ventured after a moment or two.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She sighed quietly. "I guess we could take it back to mum and dad and ask." Tapiwa finally concluded. "It's not a rabbit or a hare...dad says hares can talk...but it's kinda like a rabbit. Maybe it's a dumb type of rabbit....with a tail." She'd noted it had a tail during its mad dash.

Manda
"Yea but how do we get it back? If I let it up, it's just gonna run away," Farai replied to that, wrinkling nose at his sister. It was a good idea to ask their parents... in theory. But how would they actually put said idea into practice?

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Hmmm..." She pondered this for a moment. "D'you think if you let it go one of us could catch it in our mouths?" That seemed a good way to carry it. They could then take the mystery critter to their parents and have it identified.

Manda
Farai thought about this for a minute or two ... and then nodded. After all, their own parents often carried them like that, if they got too tired to walk. It made sense. "Ok ... I'll let go ... and you catch it in your mouth," he suggested, leaning back a little to give his sister room to get into place.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Tapiwa crouched down on all fours, belly to the ground, her eyes alert and watchful as she focused on her brother's paw, ready to catch the creature as soon as it darted out. "All right, ready!" She chortled enthusiastically.

Manda
"One ... two ... three," Farai counted slowly, and then he lifted his paw up, jumping backward quickly so Tapiwa would have more room. "Now!" he called out, wriggling just a bit in excitement.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Tapiwa darted forward, jaws closing on the small, furry rodent as it tried to make its escape. The trouble was, what with all the trauma that the mouse had already been exposed to, it didn't take much for it to suffer nearly instantaneous heart failure, the pressure of the wee lioness' jaws not helping whatsoever. Blinking at it's last, squeaking cry, she noted that it had stopped struggling...and she slowly set it down in the dust, before nudging it with her nose. The mouse...didn't move.

Manda
Farai inched forward when she set the thing down suddenly, blinking. He prodded at it with a paw, then raised his head to stare at his sister. "I ... I think you killed it!" he blurted out then, without really thinking about what effect that might have.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her blue eyes grew wide, and had she actually been on a hunt...she might have been proud. However, it had only been curiosity and playfulness in her mind towards the mouse...and she hadn't wanted to kill it. Almost instantly tearing up, she whimpered softly and nudged it again, "I...I didn't mean to!" She wailed, looking piteously up at her brother.

Manda
Farai winced at that wail, knowing it would probably bring one or the other parent... but he was more concerned after a moment about how upset Tapiwa looked. "I know ... it ... was half my idea too ... s'ok .." he murmured, edging forward to nudge her shoulder with his nose, eyes lidding as if not looking at the dead thing might make it alive again.

+Sephiros Immortal+
And indeed, her cry had alerted a parent. Sounds of distress were the sort of thing to which any good father would instantly rise up and go forth to do battle with whatever had upset or hurt his child...and Mor'faerion was certainly a good father. Loping towards the cubs, his green eyes blinked in confusion...noting the two were unhurt, and then seeing the mouse. "What on earth is going on?"

Tapiwa leaned close to her brother, wibbling up at her father. "I...I killed it. We just wanted to find out what it was and..." She pointed sorrowfully to the dead rodent with a paw. "...and now it's dead..."

Manda
"We didn't mean to!" Farai cut in quickly, leaning back against Tapiwa in a show of support. It wasn't ... all her fault, after all ... "We were going to try to take it back ... to show you ..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
Mori shook his head. "It's all right..." He quickly soothed. "That...is...or at least was...a mouse. It's a small creature that are often the first things that cubs like you hunt. It's really all right...I know you didn't mean to...but...in a pinch, they aren't bad to eat." The lion explained.

Tapiwa sniffled, wrinkling her nose. "You mean...y'can EAT those little teeny tiny things?" She sounded dubious...but if the mouse was SUPPOSED to be food then it wasn't so bad that she had killed it. Someone probably would have eventually anyway.

Manda
Farai blinked as well, glancing from mouse to father and back again. Usually, their parents hunted for them, and what they brought back was quite a bit larger than this thing ... but if Daddy said so ... then he supposed it was all right. "So ... is it good... that we caught it?" he asked slowly, beginning to see how maybe this wasn't such a bad thing.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Mori nodded slowly, "Yes...its the first step into becoming a real hunter." He assured them, noting that he'd probably prevented a catastrophe of monumental emotional proportions on Tapiwa's part...and that was always a good thing. Goodness cubs were excitable.

Tapiwa sighed, poking the mouse again. "I guess..." Smiling suddenly, she wiggled a bit. "Can we take it back to show to mum then?" She inquired enthusiastically.

Manda
"Ooh, we should!" Farai agreed instantly, just happy that his sister wasn't so upset anymore, if for no other reason. Glancing up at Mori, he smiled and kind of batted at the mouse with a paw. "We should try to see if we can find more to catch later!" he suggested to Tapiwa. Then, "You wanna carry it back?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
She nodded quickly, scooping it up in her jaws again and moving to trot on back to where Layilme was. Yes, time to show her, albeit accidental, catch to mommy. Now, instead of upset, she was wondrously proud of herself.

Mor'fearion sighed softly, watching the two, and with a fond smile, he prepared to follow his children back 'home' to where his mate waited. It was always interesting...raising a family...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:25 am
User Image

-Of Mice and Men-

T`Poi
Mice were hard to catch. Ekundayo was figuring that out very quickly...But she wasn't about to give up. She was getting older, and with that, she was convinced she needed to start pulling her weight! So...here she was, following Kamau's idea of learning to catch mice rather than bugs. She'd already lost three mice, but she was finding she was getting a little better at stalking each time. Of course...she wasn't exactly paying attention to where she was going either. Mouse number four, and she was determined to catch it...

Manda
In the meantime, Chiamaka had wandered off yet again and was padding around the area at random. It had been a little while since she'd seen any other creatures (other than prey), but it got boring sitting around in the oasis all by herself. Just waiting for Ayo to come back. What was he doing anyway, gone all the time? Humph.

Glancing up, eyes brightened suddenly as she spotted a small cub apparently stalking a mouse at the bottom of the small hill she'd just come to the top of. And not doing too bad of a job at it either... Plopping down on her rump, Chia decided to watch and see first which way this hunt went before announcing her own presence there.

T`Poi
Ekundayo quietly stalked the small creature, being careful not to overturn any rocks or pebbles like she had the last time. The mouse finally stopped and so did she. Crouching down, she bunched her muscles, getting ready to pounce on it like she did her siblings...except she'd have claws out this time. A few seconds later, she let loose and landed on the mouse...or its tail anyways. The rodent squeaked and struggled. When she moved to knock it out, it got loose and started running about. "Hey! Hey come back here! I caught you fair!" She tried stepping on it again...only to have it run off into the grass. "Argh! Almost did it, though..."

Manda
Chia blinked at that and then had to stifle a laugh at the cub's words. Mice never played fair... nor did any other prey, really. They knew very well that if they were caught, they'd be eaten. She had figured out very quickly that unless you got good, fast, a young lion could easily starve out here. Getting up, she started down the hill, calling out casually, "It was a good try! You just have to keep on practicing."

T`Poi
Ekun startled and looked up at the source of the voice. Calming when she saw it was another lion. When she realized what the other had said was a compliment, she couldn't help but puff up a little in pride. "Thanks! I'm better at bug-hunting...but a friend said Mama would be prouder if I could catch mice!" Well kinda. Kamau hadn't exactly said that, but it had been implied. "So...I'm practicin'! I'm Ekundayo!"

Manda
Chia stopped a couple of feet away, having noticed how the cub was startled at first. And she didn't want to frighten her off, not at all! Smiling, she bobbed her head. "Mice are generally more impressive! They're harder to catch... I'm Chiamaka~ you live close to here?"

T`Poi
Ekun nodded. "So I'm findin' out..." She smiled up at the older female. "I's nice ta meet ya, Chiamaka! And...not really." She looked a bit sheepish. "I kinda snuck off to practice hunting during naptime. We wander lots, so Mama has us nap a lot when we stop. Normally it's my brother that sneaks off though. Or tries to. Mama catches him a lot."

Manda
Chia did laugh a bit at that, ears flicking back and forth. She'd grown up more or less... alone. And it was kind of sad, thinking back on it, now. There had been no Mama that came after her when she wandered off. And from that point on, she had been alone. "So you have a brother... just one?" she asked, then, wondering what it might have been like to grow up with a sibling or two herself.

T`Poi
Ekundayo nodded. "Yup! A brother and two sisters! And we travel around with Mama. I think tha's why I've got a good sense of di-rec-tion!" She said the last word in parts, making sure she had said it right. "So I can find my way back." She grinned. "And Mama knows I'll always be back!"

Manda
"Sounds like you've got a good group going, then!" Chia replied, smiling at the younger lioness. "And having a good sense of direction is always good... though it can be dangerous to wander off sometimes..." Her tone was almost sad at that last part. She didn't even really remember her own parents. Or whether or not she had any siblings of her own. She'd been alone for a long time... until she ran into Ayo.

T`Poi
Ekundayo was reminded of the first cub she'd run into. "Yeah...not everyone is friendly. Sometimes...they're mean, and think they're better than ya, even when they're the same size as ya!" And the hare. "Or ya stick your nose in the wrong hole..." She smiled sheepishly, remembering the good chasing she'd gotten. "But...ya never learn things if ya jus' stay put, ya know? I wanna learn all I can! Maybe even become a Mama someday! But...I wanna be lots bigger."

Manda
Chia nodded at the first couple of points, somehow glad, and pleased that this little cub seemed to be pretty smart. At the last comment, though, she wrinkled her nose. "You don't want to do that, trust me! It sounds like fun but the uh. I mean. What you have to do before you have the cubs is uhm. It's ... " she trailed off, not really sure that someone as young as Ekun should know that. After all, Ayo had waited until she was older to tell her.

T`Poi
Ekun looked at Chia with confused eyes. "You don't hafta tell me. I can wait till I'm bigger. I know there's lotsa things that I hafta wait until I'm bigger for. Like zebra!" She shivered. "I don't feel like gettin' trampled." She laughed. "So...do you live near?"

Manda
Chia thought about that for a minute or two and then nodded. "Sort of ..." She flicked her tail back in the direction that she'd come from. "I live in a little oasis kinda back that way... sometimes there's someone else there, but he's been gone a -lot- lately." She sighed softly. "And I don't know why..."

T`Poi
Ekun smiled at Chia. "It'd be kinda nice to stay in one place for a little...But I like moving around, too." She crinkled her nose. "Gone a lot...Maybe he's looking for something? Or...Uhm....Bleah. I 'unno." She scratched the top of her head.

Manda
Chia shook her head after a moment, smiling down at the cub. "Nah... it's ok, I didn't expect you to know anyway," she said, tail tip flicking just a bit. She remembered meeting the other lioness who was looking for her true name, or whatever... but she didn't think Ayo needed another name.

T`Poi
Ekundayo nodded. "Doesn't mean I didn't want ta help...Murr?" The dark cub looked back towards where she had come from. "I think Mama's calling me. I hope I come by here again another day!"

Manda
"Oh, all right. Go on then, don't get yourself into trouble!" Chia said, reaching over to kind of playfully swat at the cub. "Maybe I'll see you again."

T`Poi
Ekun grinned and swatted back. "Yup! I won't forget where here is!" She bounded off towards her family, less a mouse, but feeling accomplished nonetheless.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:46 pm
User Image

-A Mad Creature-

+Sephiros Immortal+
She was humming slightly under her breath as she made her way across the Savannah...the words of a new tune coming to her mind...and she was lost to the world, composing a song in her head as she walked along. Her blue eyes were half-lidded, as she was in her 'place'... She had traveled for as long as she could remember, and met a great many interesting creatures, and she looked forward to meeting more. This was her life...and she was happy with it...little did she know that things were about to change.

Manda
In almost complete contrast, all that Iartuupe could think of was pain ... and wanting to cause it. It had been some time now... since he'd found any sort of victim. It was a dry and desolate place out here, devoid of moisture and of life, for the most part. How boring.

Which was about when he glanced up... and saw another lion, and a female at that, walking toward him - apparently lost in a daze. Well, well. Smirking suddenly, Iar slowed his own pace, gliding around behind a small group of rocks to watch her come... waiting.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She didn't notice him, still in her own little bardic world. The tune she was composing was coming along just fine, and she began to sing it under her breath...lilting voice rising in the warm air, the tip of her tail twitching faintly to keep rhythm...all unaware of her own danger.

Manda
Iar continued to smirk... hindquarters bunching up as he crouched... it was always so much -fun- to scare them! Then he let out a sound that was very close to a roar, just a bit too much of a growl in it, and sprang in one fluid motion to the top of those rocks, and then over them. Landing directly in the lioness's path, he crouched there, tail swishing back and forth.

+Sephiros Immortal+
The song quite swiftly turned into a yelp, and the female skittered backwards, eyes wide. Who was this male and why had he leapt at her so? "Uh..." She swallowed hard, "Excuse me, sir...but why are you blocking my way?" Her musical voice inquired. It was best to be polite first, when you didn't know a person, after all.

Manda
Iar laughed at that, and it wasn't a nice sound, not at all. "Why...? Because I can!" he replied after a moment or two. Oh, it was so nice how she'd skittered away like that... could he make her run? A chase was always so much fun. Stepping toward her, he drew himself up, head held high and chest puffed out to make himself look larger... scarier.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She arched a brow, "Sir...are you quite all right?" She took another step back, not wanting him to get too close. What was wrong with this lion? Somehow, he seemed a mite unstable to her, and it made her jittery. The bard was tense now, prepared to flee if she deemed necessary.

Manda
"All right?" he half-barked. "Of course I am! The question is ... are you?" he purred, stepping forward again. "Go ahead... " he said then, voice soft. "I know that you want to run ... run away, little girl. I'll be RIGHT BEHIND YOU."

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her eyes went wide again, and stifling a cry, she turned and fled. Gods...this one must be insane...and instantly she felt terror welling up in her chest. Today was not the day she wanted to die, thank you just the same. She ran for all she was worth, trying to put distance between herself and the crazy male.

Manda
Iar let out a pleased purr at that, though, as it was -exactly- what he wanted. He let her run alone for a moment or two before starting after him - knowing already that he was faster. He had to be, for from this moment on, she was -his-. His to catch and hurt and do with as he pleased... and he -would- catch her. Letting out another of those growling roars, he took off after her, letting the lioness stay just ahead of him for a while... waiting for her to tire.

+Sephiros Immortal+
And in her panic, she didn't even think remotely to pace herself, running all-out...and yet somehow...she couldn't pull away from him. How she wished to be a cheetah now, to outdistance him effortlessly...but she could not...and quite swiftly she was forgetting everything save to put paws to earth as fast as she could...and all she could hear was the sound of her ragged panting and the drumbeat of her heart as it seemed to threaten to pound its way out of her chest.

Manda
There came a point, though, where Iar tired of the chase and just wanted to catch her, bring her down. And so with another roar, he poured on speed, then -leapt- toward her. Front paws stretched forward and claws shot out, raking across hindquarters. He didn't dig in and catch on, though... not quite yet. He just wanted to see blood, cause pain.

+Sephiros Immortal+
A sharp cry of pain escaped her, as his claws raked down her flanks. Whirling, she tried to change direction in a panicked sort of spin. Gods she had to get away from this maniac or he might really kill her...hunt her down like a gazelle. No one had ever attacked her before...and this was quite the terrifying experience...one she'd never wanted to have.

Manda
Aaah... yes, that was good. The cries of pain like music to his ears, he who was a demon trapped in lion's flesh. Growling, snarling at her, he moved as well - springing to block her way. "Will you try to fight me now?" he asked, tail lashing, ears laid back. But at the same time, a terrible sort of smile was spread over his face... he was -enjoying- this.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She made a helpless little noise, shuffling about, watching him, her blue eyes darting to and fro. "Why? What do you want with me?!" She sounded more than a little panicked...scared of what might come to pass between her and this male...gods...had he no conscience? Why attack another lion? Let alone a female who had done nothing to him.

Manda
"What do I want?" Iar asked, pausing for a moment, head tilting as if he actually had to -think- about that. Which he didn't. "Are you certain... that you really want to know?" he asked then, the barest hint of a purr coming into his voice as he paced back and forth in front of her - obviously not intending to allow her any sort of escape.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She trembled, crouching down a bit as her legs had begun to shake, and she was wondering how long she would be able to stand on them. "I...I..." Oh goodness...her voice was coming out as just barely a squeak. She couldn't outrun him and it didn't look like he was just going to go away. A'Lora couldn't remember a time that she'd been this terrified.

Manda
Iar smirked at that, perfectly happy to have her speechless and terrified. "You... you... what?" he asked, voice dropping down just a little lower, predatory ... anticipating.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her ears flattened against her skull, and she simply cowered, tears brimming in her eyes. He was going to hurt her or worse, and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. Her claws dug into the dirt, as though finding a hold there could somehow save her from what was to come.

Manda
Oh please... this was almost too easy! She wasn't even going to fight him! But then again, there were always those like this lioness, too timid to even protect themselves against an obviously stronger opponent. With a snarl, Iar leapt toward her, pouncing, bearing her down to the dirt under his greater weight. "If you will not fight... then submit to me," he purred in one ear, just before teeth closed on tender flesh, worrying at said ear until blood flowed.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She screamed, trying desperately to pull herself away from him, but she couldn't...pinned beneath the male. Lor did cry then, for the pain, though she knew it would only intensify. Gods...she wished herself to be anywhere but here...away from this mad creature.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:55 pm
User Image

-Don't Bother Trying to Escape-

+Sephiros Immortal+
A'Lora wasn't sure when she had passed out....all she knew was that she was hurting all over...fresh clawmarks marring her body. The hours before had been a nightmare, and she shuddered to remember it. Slowly raising her head, she glanced around hastily, looking for Iar...rather hoping that he'd gotten bored with her and moved on.

Manda
In point of fact, Iar hadn't gotten bored with the lioness... intending to hold onto her for at least a little while longer. She'd been amusing enough once she had actually decided to try and fight him - not that she had succeeded. At the moment, the male had gone to hunt something down for dinner - intending to be 'nice' to the lioness, if only for a little while.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Noting the absence of the black and red male, she arose swiftly, giving a nervous little look to her surroundings and with a grimace...she forced her pained body to move forward. Perhaps he had left...or if he was coming back...perhaps she could cover enough ground to shake him...get away. With a slight limp to her step, she hurried away as fast as she could manage. With any luck, she'd make it.

Manda
It was a little while later that Iar returned, dragging along the carcass of a small sort of antelope he'd managed to run down. He noticed quickly enough that something was -missing-, though, and dropped the thing with a snarl. Oh, that little ... But he calmed soon enough, and a smirk spread over his maw. Let her try to run. He would catch her again. Just as he had before... especially since she had left a nice trail of paw-prints and drops of blood for him. Iar turned his own paws in the same direction and broke into a ground-eating lope, wondering just how far she'd managed to get.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Surprisingly far, as adrenaline had been surging through her veins, and the incentive of the possibility of the other -not- catching her did much to further the whole running bit. She was, however, flagging, and each step caused a soft whimper to escape her lips. Gods why did this have to be so very hard?

Manda
It was a little bit later that Iar spotted her, coming over a little rise. And he smirked at her limping, pained pace. She was stronger than he had thought... but that didn't at all mean he was just about to let her -go-. Oooh, no. Raising his head, he let out a roar, just to see what would happen ... if she knew he was coming. Would she keep running, or turn to face him?

+Sephiros Immortal+
She froze, and made a little terrified sound, whirling, blue eyes wide with fright. He'd caught her, and there was really nothing she could do about it. She knew that running would only tire her faster...and he would catch her in the end, after all. Swallowing hard, she backed up, crouching low to the ground as though by making herself smaller she could quell his wrath.

Manda
Oh good... Iar smiled at that, somehow pleased by the fact that she'd chosen not to run anymore... smart, this one. He would have to watch her. Any cubs that they made would be smart as well... if he trained them correctly, they would be good little demons. Trotting down the hill, he came up to her, head tilting. "Going somewhere?" he purred softly.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She swallowed hard. "N-not really..." It was hard, to try and make her voice steady now...for the pain and the absolute terror that this male inspired. She'd do nearly anything to be free of him, but...he was keeping her, his pet and prisoner, and she had no option other than to do his bidding.

Manda
Iar smirked and nodded at that. "Indeed you're not," he growled and one paw swiped out to cuff her - without claws for the moment. But there was still enough forced behind it to snap the lioness's head to the side. His tail twitched back and forth. "You realize you've caused me some trouble, though ... since I had to come and find you ..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
She whimpered, ears flattening against hear head. "Yes..." She murmured, though it was clear that she'd rather not agree with the other, she simply had no choice in the matter. This male was such a cruel b*****d of a lion...

Manda
Iar growled low at that, though there was almost a pleased note in the sound. She would learn ... sooner or later, she'd learn not to run anymore. It would be so much easier to keep her with him until such time as he chose to let her go - rather than having to hunt her down every time she ran. "Then get back to the rocks," he half-snarled, raising one paw in a threat to cuff her again if she disagreed. She must learn to obey him.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Casting a fearful glance in his direction, she rose to her feet and skittered as fast as she could in the direction that he had ordered. He was in charge here, and well did she know it...it didn't mean she wouldn't try to run again, if she was given the chance, but she would have to be more careful now...as he was so quick to pursue her.

Manda
Iar smiled at that, obviously pleased. Once she passed him, he turned to follow. After a few minutes of watching her struggle to go quickly, he called, "No need to rush..." So long as she was going to obey, he could afford to be a little bit nicer.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She nodded mutely, and slowed then, grateful for the reprieve. Surely...surely soon she would be able to break free of him...if she could behave in a manner that ensured she didn't get hurt as often, then perhaps...perhaps she stood a chance.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:03 pm
User Image

-You Still Haven't Learned Your Lesson-

Manda
Truly, once the female put her mind to it, Iar found that she could be very good ... obey everything that he told her, and over time she even learned to do things he liked without his having to order her. Intelligent, this one... indeed. And so Iar had started to tell her a little about his visions, his plans.

How he was actually no lion at all, but a demon trapped in this form. How he wished to find others like him ... and also gather demons to himself by stealing cubs away, infusing them with the spirits of other demons - to be his underlings, his legacy. About forming a pride... taking over this world of lions for his demonic master...

+Sephiros Immortal+
She had pretended, on her part...to listen to him, trust him...but in truth, she only thought him all the more insane. but if this meant that he wouldn't hurt her, then so be it. Finally...it seemed that he trusted her to some...odd little extent, eccentric as he was...and he went out on a hunt. Seizing her chance, she waited until he was well out of her sight, and then she fled, running as fast as her paws could carry her in the other direction.

Manda
Iar was currently crouched some distance away ... having found prey in rather short order. Not much of it, just a rabbit... but by the scent of it, it was female, and likely had a den somewhere close by. The lion's mouth watered slightly at the thought of crushing tiny baby rabbits in his jaws... bringing the mother back to his lioness...

But suddenly, the wind changed, carrying his scent to the creature, and it fled, probably in the opposite direction of its den. Iar sat up with a low growl, frustrated. And his ears laid back suddenly, sensing something. The fleeing mother rabbit... a sign? Perhaps. Best to check ... turning around, he headed back - though a part of him already knew that his own female would be gone. Stupid to leave her alone.

+Sephiros Immortal+
A'Lora wasn't running as quickly this time...knew to pace herself, knew she would need speed should Iar come after her, and she was saving her strength for that time. All senses were alert, as she was watchful, knowing he would eventually be behind her in pursuit, and she wanted the first warning, to get the largest start on him that she could.

Manda
This time, the male hadn't been as far away, though ... so he caught up faster, snarling low as he spotted the female ahead of him. He gave no warning roar this time, though ... just sped up a little himself, following after her. He had been foolish to allow her a chance to escape, but he'd thought she had -learned-. He would have to be harsher this time...

+Sephiros Immortal+
But she was ready, and she heard him, and surged forward, like a gazelle fleeing the hunter, paws suddenly moving as fast as they were able, the ground flowing beneath her in one smooth blur. She knew he was larger, stronger, faster still...but she couldn't, wouldn't give up...there was always hope, of that she was certain.

Manda
Eyes narrowed, and Iar surged forward as well, moving quickly across the plains ... determined to catch her, make her -pay-. This was a useless effort on her part, stupid and futile. He had thought she was more intelligent. It was likely that he would have let her go anyway once she gave him cubs to raise... idiot.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Finally she did stop...halting...panting softly. She needed at least some energy to face him....for she could not flee, and with a dejected sound, she drooped, ears flattening, and resigning herself to her fate. Damn...surely one of these days she could make it away for good...but today didn't seem to be that day.

Manda
Iar caught up to her quickly after that... and this time, he said not a word, didn't wait. He just lit into her with a snarl, rearing back on his hind legs to swat at the lioness's face and shoulders. And this time, he didn't keep claw sheathed either - not caring if she bled. He wanted to see the blood... hear her cry out.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Cowering, she lay on the ground, paws covering her face as she simply bore the abuse. Whimpering, crying...she knew he was likely to brutalize her further...it was a never-ending cycle, and she was beginning to wonder if there really was a way out of it...perhaps not for her...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 pm
User Image

-Who Will Inherit the Earth?-

Manda
Indeed, that was exactly what Iar planned to do... this time, perhaps she really -would- learn her lesson. He was also starting to wonder if there might be a way to keep her in one spot while he went to hunt - without causing permanent injury. If not... was he willing to go that far? At the moment, he really didn't know - just letting his anger and frustration at her willfulness show itself.

+Sephiros Immortal+
And she cowered still further, letting him hurt her until she was crying out for him to stop. It wasn't a matter of pride anymore, simply self-preservation. She didn't want him to permanently injure her...gods...she wanted to eventually escape from this and become -normal- again...but it seemed that wasn't at all what -he- had in mind.

It was the sounds that drew, Verge'lian....the cries of the female and then...the scent of blood. Raising his silver-maned head, blue eyes narrowed and he sauntered towards the commotion. What sort of devilry was going on in this part of the world? It had been a long time since he'd heard such a ruckus...a very long time.

Manda
Iar wasn't paying much attention at all to his surroundings... having gotten caught up in the sound of the female's pained cries, the scent of her blood and fear. Yes ... this ... this was what he wanted. He knew very well how close he was skirting to the edge of permanent damage, but for the moment at least ... he didn't care. Nothing mattered but the flash of claws, the sound of his own growls mixed with the female's cries.

+Sephiros Immortal+
When Verge's blue eyes landed on the two of them, he let a low snarl of challenge rumble up from his throat. The female wasn't fighting him...and that wasn't fair, nor any fun, t'would seem. Verge had a strange, twisted sense of honor....and that honor compelled him to step into this situation.

Manda
Even then, Iar didn't stop ... he heard that snarl but paid it no mind. It was likely ... if Verge wanted to really get his attention, he would have to attack the dark male.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Crouching, the blue male leapt towards the other lion, barreling into Iar's side with a roar. It was idiocy to fight against those who could not fight back...to torment them so...perhaps that was what Morifaer's people did...but Verge was a son of Sparda.

Manda
At -that-, Iar twisted, turning to attempt to claw at the other male with a roar of his own. His mind was still filled with the female's cries and the scent of her blood and all he could think was that the other meant to steal her. "She's MINE!" he snarled, trying to get hold of an ear and do his best to chew it off.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Verge slammed his paw, claws extended, against the other's face in a violent swipe, quickly working to disentangle himself from the other. "Shut your mouth, you fool! I have no wish to fight you nor steal anything!" He snapped, fangs bared, even as A'Lora crept slowly away from the fighting males, quite terrified of them both.

Manda
"Is -that- so?" Iar hissed, ears laid back against his head as he backed away a mere step or two - trying to get some room to plan his next move. "Then leave... you're interfering." And with that, he rushed in again, paws outstretched to try to get a better hold on the other male.

+Sephiros Immortal+
A'Lora watched the two in silent terror, he blue eyes almost comically wide. Goodness, she rather hoped that the blue male didn't get himself killed, as he'd interfered with her torment, and that made him all right in her book. However, she didn't think she was too keen on sticking around, all things considered.

Vergil almost disdainfully reared up on his hind legs to bat the other away. "Yes, I am...scum...Such foolish, mindless treatment of the helpless...you sicken me." Yes, the weak might get trampled underfoot...but it was coward's play to tear the wings from a butterfly.

Manda
"You are the fool! I am meant to inherit this world... take over everything and everyone and cover the earth in a dark tide of demons!" He didn't even seem to feel the damage the other did to him, very nearly gone berserk now as he came in again. His strategy was slowly dissolving into mindless clawing and biting, though.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Ha! An idiot like you could never inherit the whole of the demonic legacy...do not think that the dark god has full power...not over a son of Sparda..." He hissed, eyes narrowing as he threw himself at the other, meaning to bring him down with his own weight.

A'Lora, for her part, swallowed hard and turned from the two...demons then...both...Tail between her legs, she slunk away, making for some place that did not contain such scary males with delusions of grandeur. Surely there was a safe place...perhaps she should seek out a pride and take shelter with them.

Manda
The sound of -that- name only served to infuriate Iar further, as his own master had spoken of that one. "Filthy spawn of Sparda!" he snarled, startled enough that Verge was able to bear him to the ground. But once there, Iar squirmed and twisted wildly, biting at whatever he could reach, back legs tucking up underneath him to claw at the other's belly.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Though Verge felt the sting of claws, he did not let up, going instead for the other's throat, great maw closing about the other's neck warningly, and with a low rumble, he latched...one swift twist could end the other's life if Verge so chose... Call him filthy would he?

Manda
Iar refused to give in so easily, though... and at first, he still continued trying to fight - attempting to get claws into the other lion's -eyes- or something ... anything. But after a moment, even he realized that if he didn't stop, he was going to die. And that wouldn't serve his master's purpose at all. So he went limp, though he still growled low in his throat at the other.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Good...now...I think you and I are at something of an impasse...and though we serve different gods...they are united now...it is -useless- for us to fight. I will spare you...if you go your way, and I mine...and good riddance..." There was a slight sneer to the words, and still, Verge's mouth did not ever move far from Iar's throat.

Manda
The growl turned to a snarl then, but Iar knew that the other spoke truth. And simply because he seemed to have lost this round ... it didn't mean there might not be another chance. And so he gave the other the faintest of nods in agreement.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Very well then..." And quite quickly, he backed away from the other, wise enough not to let him get in a parting blow. He didn't at all trust Iar...the only thing the brute understood was force...blood...and pain, and even then, that didn't do too much good.

Manda
Iar got back up to his feet, finally starting to feel the myriad of injuries that the other male had inflicted on him. Still, though, he tried not to let it show, standing up straight and curling his lip at the other with another snarl. "You've won for today, Sparda-spawn ... I make no promises about the future." Then he turned and went to start what he knew was likely a futile hunt for the female. Their fight had taken too much time... she was likely long gone.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:34 pm
User Image

-Your Little Demons??-

Manda
It had only been days since the pretty little female had escaped him ... with the aid of that blue male. And Iartuupe was still angry about that, having taken claws to himself here and there to atone for his failure to hold onto what should have been his. He'd made a mistake in thinking that A'lora had learned her lesson ... that she would stay where he told her. He would learn as well, though ... and this would not happen again. Currently, he was stalking about, searching for something to eat - having also fasted for a day in order to remind himself of his errors.

T`Poi
Tired, always hungry, and always on edge. The crimson lioness growled and stared down at the near-clean picked carcass below her. She'd been nice enough to let Verge eat first, before he went off to find others, and then attacked it herself. Hakuna'jina couldn't remember eating so fast. She also couldn't remember being so...annoyed for no reason. Why did pregnancy have to be so long...

Manda
Glancing up, Iar blinked as he crested a small rise... then eyes narrowed and he let out a pleased little growl. It seemed as if his penance had been accepted. This was more rewarding than food ... another lioness. And one with much better coloring than the last he had found. Crimson ... the color of blood ... black and gold markings ... beautiful in a way. Growling softly in anticipation, the male stalked down toward her - hoping that this one, perhaps, would not run from him.

T`Poi
Hakuna's gaze shifted as the scent of another met her nose, and then was met with the sight of the black and red lion. Great. Company. She sighed and sat up, refusing to be caught lying down if this other decided to pick a fight. She almost wished Verge was close by...though if this lion was stupid enough to pick a fight...She would be more than happy to oblige. "What the hell do you want."

Manda
Oooh... yes, this one was likely to be -far- more interesting. Iar smirked and padded closer still. "Isn't that obvious?" he asked, claws flexing against the ground for a moment, tail tip flicking back and forth. She was a female, he was a male. And he wanted cubs ... to start fulfilling his vision.

T`Poi
Orange-amber eyes leered at the male as her tail twitched back and forth. Great. A stupid hormonal male. "Now it is. And you're out of luck. Besides..." She stood. "Even if I felt like cubs, I don't mate with normal lions." She made sure to emphasize 'normal', her voice already dripping with venom. "Now, leave or I'll make you wish you had."

Manda
"What makes you think that I'm .... -normal-?" Iar asked at that, already pleased that this female had managed to figure out his purpose so quickly. Another smart one... and stronger than the last as well. As for -making- him leave. Ooh, she could try ... and he would welcome it.

T`Poi
Hakuna's leer turned to a glare. "Because you're a fool to not take my advice." She jumped down from the rock, landing several feet from the other lion. "And because you obviously have no idea who you're dealing with." She chuckled darkly. "Most animals are smart enough to run from my presence." Muscles were tense beneath her fur and skin, ready to fight if the intruder did not leave now.

Manda
"I could say the same to -you-," Iar replied at that, tail lashing back and forth. "If you truly wish me to leave... then please... -make- me." His tone was mocking, taunting - daring her to prove her words. It was obvious the dark male didn't believe that -any- mere female could best him, in anything.

T`Poi
This male made her more annoyed and agitated than she had been. Pathetic and stupid...She quickly closed the space between them, claws out and teeth bared. She would show him what a stupid mistake he'd made, messing with a demonspawn. And that underestimating a female could prove fatal.

Manda
At that, Iar let out a roar and reared back on his hind legs, paws swiping out toward the female. He batted at her head first, claws out and raking - aiming to draw blood ... cause pain. Idiotic to come at him so straightforward like that ... even if he did somewhat admire her spirit.

T`Poi
Hakuna barely managed to keep back a yelp as she felt his claws. He'd pay for that. Shoving the pain to the back of her head, and ignoring the wet feeling of blood on her fur, she lashed out at his belly, making sure not to expose her own. She was starting to realize maybe she was at a disadvantage.

Manda
Iar smiled almost maniacally at that supressed yelp, the scent of blood only spurring him on. Stupid female. Springing back to avoid her claws, he came in again, quickly - and from a different direction this time. Somehow, he seemed to know that he was faster ... better... knew he would win this fight.

T`Poi
Hakuna growled and tried her best to dodge...but she wasn't used to being so heavy and having to protect more than her eyes. More blood and a yelp this time. Maternal instinct combined with her insanity and forced her to the ground, belly pressed against the earth and ears back as she leered at the lion that had managed to hurt her so much. "Mine! You can't have them! MY little demons!"

Manda
That stopped the male in his tracks for a moment, and he growled, ears going back. "What are you talking about?" he asked, having noticed the way she pressed herself into the ground, frowning.

T`Poi
She spoke in a snarl, pain lacing her voice. "I wasn't interested in cubs because I'm already going to be HAVING cubs." She inched back, her eyes not leaving the male. "They're going to be my little demons, and you can't take them from me." Her tail thrashed behind her. Now she really wished Verge was here. But he wasn't, and she would growl at him about it later.

Manda
Oh... -wonderful-. He found a female that was actually somewhat worthy of him and she was already pregnant. Just lovely. With a frustrated sort of growl, Iar backed off - some instinct not allowing him to attack the lioness anymore now that he knew. That didn't at all mean that he couldn't plot to -steal- those cubs later, however. "Why do you think -you- could produce demons?" he had to ask, though.

T`Poi
Hakuna was confused now. How could she not?! "Because, brilliance, I'm one. Not fully, but I take after Mother rather than my weakling father." Her voice was matter-of-fact now, retaining none of her earlier snarl. "And their father is like me." Were all other lions really so dense?

Manda
Iar couldn't help but laugh at that, a sort of barking noise of disbelief. "-You-, a demon? Ha! You cannot even defend your so-called 'little demons' from me! Have you a mate that usually protects you, is that it?"

T`Poi
"You idiot! Try being nearly twice as heavy as normal and protecting a rather inconvenient spot!" She was standing now, looking more irrate than before. "And my mate does not protect me! I met him only recently, and have fended for myself quite well beforehand!" If she didn't have cubs, she'd show him just how 'weak' she was.

Manda
Iar sneered at that, not deigning to reply ... possibly because she had a point, but he wasn't willing to admit it. "I suppose at some point in the future, we may see who's demon-spawn is more true," he spat finally.

T`Poi
"Quite possibly fool." Oh yes...she would make this stupid male pay in the future. It had registered in her mind that this male thought he too was a demon...but even if he was, she hated his guts. She went back to her boulder, orange-amber eyes coldly glaring at the lion. "Leave, before my mate gets back. I could not defeat you in my current state...but I can guarantee he will...And I would much rather a chance to tear you to pieces myself."

Manda
Iar snarled at that, but he did back away a bit more - knowing all too well that she probably spoke true. He had already been defeated by that damned Sparda-spawn a day or so ago ... and wounds from that fight as well as his penance still smarted. But there was always the future... always.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:29 pm
User Image

-Giving Directions Can Be Fun!-

+Sephiros Immortal+
There came a time when even the likes of Mora'era found that her paws were sore. With a little grumping sound, she finally decided that she would take not a step further, plopping down in the grass and rolling over onto her side. It was evening, and after she'd journeyed all day, she wasn't interested in doing any more of it. This was why she prefered to travel at night. But ooooh no. Couldn't do that, as she'd found it impossible to sleep in the daytime with nothing to rest under, and though headed towards areas with copius amounts of jungle, she wasn't quite there yet, so daytime strolls it had been for the past few days. And now that she was finally within sight of the jungle...her feet were ready to stage a coup. Lovely.

Manda
Meanwhile, 'Tani had been doing a bit of exploring of his own. He'd woken up 'early' today (or tonight rather) and snuck away before anyone else was up, off to find new uncharted territories. Peering up at the sky, the little vampire cub decided that since the sun was down it was surely safe enough, and ventured out from beneath the sheltering trees of the jungle. He made absolutely no effort to be careful, trotting out as boldly as if he knew exactly what he was doing. Which, of course, he -did-. Who would dream of thinking otherwise? Silver tail-tip twitching as he padded along, 'Tani looked around with ears up and eyes alert, stalking bugs here and there, only to pounce on them and then let them go again. Bugs didn't have much blood, anyway.

+Sephiros Immortal+
It was the scritching, and horrendously annoying sound of a distressed cricket that awoke her, the red-eyed female instantly alert and scanning her surroundings. "Stupid insect..." She muttered under her breath, hauling herself reluctantly to her feet. Even in the dark she could see red...and silver...a little one then. Shaking her head, she ventured closer, wondering what a youngling was doing out here on his own. She knew the jungle likely harbored lions of all kinds, and that must be where this particular cub had come from.

Manda
'Tani glanced up from his latest insect-pouncing and blinked at the sight of red eyes watching him all of a sudden. Raised in the darkness of the jungled he had excellent night vision and soon saw that this lioness was no one that he knew. But he wasn't afraid, oh no. Rather, 'Tani sat down and puffed up his chest a bit, growling. "Hey you, you better stay away, 'cause these are the lands of the vampires!"

+Sephiros Immortal+
She arched a brow, eyeing the cub. A lot of courage, or was it foolishness, in so small a form. "Ah, have no fear, little leech, I am not after your lands nor your prey. I'm venturing onwards to find the demons of the night, for rumors have traveled to me that they exist still. But what are you doing out here all alone? When the night has just barely blanketed this place?"

Manda
'Tani scoffed at that, ears going back against his head for a moment. "The light doesn't scare -me-," he assured her, glancing up at the sky as if to prove it. "An' I'm out here 'cause I wanna be. I might even be hunting," he suggested, with a little smirk. "Then what? How about I suck -your- blood?" Then her comment about demons registered and his eyes went wider. "Oooh, demons? I've never met one but I'll bet they're cool, huh?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
She grinned, and it was not a nice sort of expression, baring her teeth at the cub. "If you try, tiny vampire, you will wish you hadn't." She was not afraid to smack around a cub if he became saucy. Ah, he had an interest in demons, did he? "Yes, demons...they are dark, magnificent creatures for the most part. Perhaps you will meet one, other than myself. I have come this far in hopes of joining them, and being of service." Her claws unsheathed, and sank into the dirt beneath her, as though in anticipation.

Manda
'Tani didn't seem phased by the warning, as he'd really been kidding anyway. He wasn't hungry just now, and he knew that his caretaker would be feeding them all later on. And so he completely ignored the threat, instead bouncing and peering up at her with eyes wide. "Oooh, you're a demon? That's cool! I heard a little about some of 'em setting up a pride on th'other side of the jungle," he said helpfully.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Ah, is that where they are then?" Her eyes gleamed, though her voice was calm. "Then perhaps I might push my weary paws further this evening, for night is the best time to travel, and the lady of the moon will guide me." A low, satisfied purr rumbled from her throat, and she bobbed her head at the youngster. "Thank you very much for that bit of information, young vampire. I shall remember you."

Manda
"Whaa? You're gonna leave already?" 'Tani asked, getting up to his feet as well. "The jungle's pretty big, you probly won't get there t'night 'less you run all the way," he pointed out. Of course, with him being smaller than she, it was likely he was exaggerating just a bit. This was actually a narrower part of the jungle, so the lands of the demons weren't too far away.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She shrugged one elegant shoulder, "Well...if I am running short on time, then isn't it all the better to start quickly?" She inquired. Mora was not one to waste time, always quick and efficient. It was how she lived, how she worked. If something needed doing, it got done, and then she would disappear, on to the next thing.

Manda
"Hmph. What's the big deal in gettin' there fast anyway? You gotta meet someone?" 'Tani asked, bounding along in order to keep up with the lioness. He'd wanted to -meet- a demon ever since he'd heard about them and now that one of them was here, she was just gonna leave! No fair. He shouldn't have told her the way so quickly.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Time is not created for us to be wasteful with it." She scolded, eyeing the cub sourly. "If I can get there before the sun has risen high in the sky to beat down on my coat, then I have done well, and I may spend the night amongst compatriots. You should learn the value of such things." Such a child, this one.

Manda
"Ugh adults always worry about time," 'Tani commented at that, ears going back against his head again. It was so much easier to just do whatever you wanted, when you wanted to. Another idea came to him, though, and the cub brightened. "Hey, but if you're gonna go through our lands you gotta have an escort. So I'm goin' with you," he declared. Not that he had any idea whether such a thing was true or not but...

+Sephiros Immortal+
She rolled her eyes. "Only if you can keep up." And she rather doubted that the squirt could, on his little short legs. With another one of her demonic grins, she broke out into a lope, headed towards the jungle at a decent, but mile-eating pace. She doubted the child could match her, and if he could...well...good for him.

Manda
To be fair, 'Tani -tried- to keep up ... and he tried rather hard too. But after a while, he started to lag behind a little. And then more and more ... and eventually, he had to stop, panting. This wasn't -fun- anymore! "I hate you!" he yelled at the lioness's retreating form. "Go on and find the demons and never come back in here or I -will- bite you!"

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:37 pm
User Image

-So You're a Demon Too...-

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her ears flicked forward, and her tail lashed in a satisfied fashion. "Where are you now, demon?" She inquired lightly, an almost bemused sound to her voice, "I wish to speak with you...as we are of kind." Still she advanced, unafraid of whomever was out there...if he or she be demon...then she wanted contact. Better sooner than later.

Manda
At that, ears pricked forward... but rather than answering, Iar crouched down and started to slowly move toward the voice. So this one claimed that she was a demon as well, hmmm? He would just have to see how valid her claim was. Suddenly darting forward, the male let out a roar and went after her, claws out and fangs bared.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Ah, was this the greeting he gave? With a smirk, she met him, unsheathing her own claws with a snarl. She was unafraid, though she could tell he was a large lion indeed...a demon in the dark this one, with a mane of fire. How very magnificent. Twisting away from his initial onslaught, she turned quickly to swipe at him, knowing that amongst demons...this was perfectly acceptable. Fights were honor.

Manda
Iar made a sound at that that was almost pleased, a growl that rose in pitch until it was almost another roar. Accepting the hit from the female, he then twisted as well and came at her from a new direction, snarling. Who would win this fight...?

+Sephiros Immortal+
She shifted, leaping at him this time to try and get at his neck with her claws. A swift, dark shadow was she, and though she lacked Iar's weight, she certainly had speed on her side. It was where she excelled, and she had honed that, conning a cheetah into being her running mate, long ago.

Manda
Iar was quick as well, though, not all of his advantage being in size and weight - tho a good bit of it was. And so he ducked her claws and instead came at her from below, attempting to use that weight now to his advantage. If he could get a grip, it was likely that he could flip her over...

+Sephiros Immortal+
He got that grip, and with an angry yowl, she found herself moving in a way she didn't want to go. Snarling, she bunched her legs beneath her, making herself as small a target as possible, hoping she could regain her feet before he pinned her. Quick for his size, was this one, she noted. Admirable.

Manda
Iar pressed his advantage, though, claws digging in and jaws headed for her throat. He didn't plan to kill her, oh no ... just to show her who was most -definitely- in charge here.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She smirked, however, for her hind-claws braced themselves delicately on the underside of his belly even as she felt the touch of his teeth at her throat. "I daresay, sir..." She purred, "That this demon is as fierce as the next."

Manda
Iar blinked in surprise for just a moment or two, recognizing the feel of claws against his belly. Well, well. Resourceful as well. Then he smirked and purred back, releasing his grip on her throat. "Indeed..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
She laughed softly, "And I see I have found the demons...I wish to join you, as you may have guessed. What is it I need do?" Pulling herself out from under him, she stood aright, shaking herself. This journey had taken far too long for her to fail at it.

Manda
Backing away so that she could get up, Iar purred again and tilted head. "Through this fight, you have proven to me that you harbor a demon within your soul ... now. All that is left is to take the mark of our dark god." A smirk. "Choose where it should go."

+Sephiros Immortal+
She gestured to her flank with a casual shrug. "There...on the left." Pain was something she was completely unafraid of. After all...she lived but to shed the blood of those her demon soul demanded die...it was only expected to have some of her own blood shed in return.

Manda
Iar gave a quick nod and then raised one paw - a single claw out. Working carefully, he carved the symbol of the pride deep into her flesh - to be sure that it would scar. Of course, he could have simply ordered that she paint it atop her fur ... but this was more lasting. And the pain was a reminder to stay loyal.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She gritted her teeth and bore it, making not a sound, not once flinching away from his ministrations. She would wear this as a badge of pride, one that no one could take from her. "Thank you...I am Mora'era...and what is your name, and what place have you amongst the demons?"

Manda
Backing away just a bit again, Iar smirked and let tail swish back and forth a couple of times. "Well, Mora'era... you just happen to have the honor of meeting one of the leaders of this fledging pride this night. I am Iar'tuupe, one of two Aran'shale."

+Sephiros Immortal+
She bowed her head in respect of his position, and he had proven his own prowess in battle as well. "It is an honor indeed." She purred. "And I thank you again." An arch little smile covered her maw. "I think now...that I shall venture deeper into these lands of ours...and I daresay we shall meet again soon."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:44 pm
User Image

-Little Demons are ... Cute?-

+Sephiros Immortal+
She was exhilarated, was Mora'era, a thrill running through her as surely as did the blood in her veins. She had met not one, but two demons thus far this night, and she was insanely delighted. They existed...her kind existed and thrived in this place, and it felt like coming home. She was headed towards the very core of the pridal lands, the inner sanctum, as it were. She wanted to find this second king...meet him and see if he measured up to her expectations. But whatever the case...she was one of them now.

Manda
Upon getting closer to Verge'lian, though, there were others about ... cubs, and quite a few of them. They were playing in a big group off to one side, but upon seeing a newcomer perked up and eyed her one by one. Then most went back to their game - a rather rough form of playfighting. One, though, detached himself from the group and came padding up. "Hey, who're you?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
A small one...a young demon cub. She tilted her head to study him, t his red and black creature. A pretty little demonling, he was...and she saw instantly his resemblence to Hakuna. "I am Mora'era." She introduced, "A new member of this pride, and who might you be, little sir?"

Manda
Peering at her for a moment or two, the cub seemed unconvinced until he saw the still-bleeding mark carved into her flank. Then eyes widened just a bit and ears came up to perk toward her. "You're new, huh? I'm Usare! One of the heirs of th'pride! Or I will be soon's I'm older and can do the test. But I know I'll pass it."

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Usare..." A child of the kings' then, but which one? "And I see that your mother is Hakuna...who might your father be?" The mention of a test gave the lioness a craving to learn more about this place, its rituals, and the darkness that imbued them all. She felt it, but knew so very little.

Manda
"Verge'lian," Usare answered simply, tail tip flicking toward the low entrance to a sort of cave. It was close to the outer wall of the volcano, but not quite a part of the thing, more comprised of tumbled and melted rocks that had fallen there long ago. "He's in there. Did you see Iartuupe a'ready?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I have indeed met Iartuupe." She nodded to her flank. "He gave me this mark, and declared me part of the pride, but I wish to meet your father as well, as he is the other king, and both have rule over the demons." Hakuna had also spoken of the volcano...that that was where she would find this Verge'lian.

Manda
"Oooh, did it hurt?" Usare asked, craning around a bit so he could see, looking interested. He wasn't afraid of pain either, but he was -interested-. He had yet to receive the pride's mark for himself ... thought maybe that would be after the test.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"A little. You can take a closer look if you want." She purred, "He cut me deeply, so that it would leave a scar." These cubs were being raised well, a fine son Hakuna and this king had, hopefully the others were half so worthy of their heritage.

Manda
Usare instantly padded around and peered closer at the scar, making an approving little purring sound. "Sure looks like," he murmured, then abruptly raised one paw and swiped his own claws through the blood, then dug in just a little lower. "There!" he said. "Now you'll have a mark from -me- too." Presumptuous, maybe... but ...

+Sephiros Immortal+
She almost flinched at the unexpected blow, and then she leaned down, snapping teeth at him almost playfully. "You'll have a mark from me too, when you're big enough to be my sparring partner, little demon." She purred, nudging at him forcefully with her nose. An arrogant little rascal, he seemed, but at least he was on the right track.

Manda
At that, Usare refused to back off, but reared back on hind paws in order to wrap his forepaws about the lioness's nose. "Sure, if you can -catch- me," he said, then whirled and ran back to the other cubs with a flip of his tail.

+Sephiros Immortal+
With a grand smirk, she watched him go. Ah yes, that one would be interesting when he grew up...he and the siblings that he likely had. The demon pride was raising a fine crop, ones who already knew what they were to become. Loooovely.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:51 pm
User Image

-And Yet More Little Demons-

Manda
It was some time later that Usare glanced up from his playing and saw that the newest member of their little pride was coming out of Verge's little cave. His ears perked up at that and he wiggled just a bit and then poked Drathir with a paw. "Hey, look look! There she is!" he half-whispered, pointing the other paw toward Mora'era. "D'you see the scar, huh? Wanna go look at it, c'mon. She let me look so she'll probably let you look too..." And without even waiting, he started off trotting toward the lioness with ears perked up confidently.

SkieBorne
Drathir had been napping, more or less, so when Usare poked him the cub only growled in irritation, batting at the offending paw, "What?" Blinking eyes open, the young lion followed his brother's gaze then glanced back at Usare, "Scar? Where?" Ears perked as words sifted through his tired mind.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her ears perked, listening. She could hear the cubs babbling now, and she turned her head to regard them. Ah, it was the little demonling from before...and it seemed that he was bringing with him another. From his colors and markings, she guessed a sibling. How interesting, she was beginning to wonder how many had been in this litter.

Manda
"It's on her flank," Usare replied at that, with a little nod of his head. "An' earlier I made a mark of my own underneath it. You'll probly see that one too... " Then they were fairly close to the lioness and Usare looked up. "Hi again! This's my brother Sil'in Drathir. An' Drathir, this's Mora'era."

SkieBorne
"Ooh..." He tried to peer around her but wasn't able to as they drew near faster then he'd expected. He bobbed his head once, "Greetings. You're new? What were you doing?" He glanced at the cave briefly, "New member stuff?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
She arched a brow at the cubs and sighed. My my, what a time to be pestered. "I was talking to your father until not long ago...and now I'm just acquainting myself with the area, seeing as how I am, obviously, new." My goodness, where did all these children come from? She'd have a -following- of them soon enough.

Manda
"Oh, really?" Usare asked, perking up. "What were you talkin' about, hmm?" he asked, in the curious manner of children everywhere. As for looking around the area... "An' hey, we could show ya like. The -best- places around here. Can't we, 'thir?" And at look at his brother at that.

SkieBorne
Drathir nodded, also curious... and then exchanged glances with Usare, a mishchievous look in his eyes, "Yeah.... we can show you! Whole lotta fun." He nodded, "Be bad for you to get lost... besides," and the cub squared his shoulders as he spoke, "it's a princely invitation."

+Sephiros Immortal+
A bemused smile touched her maw and she chuckled low in her throat. "Fine, if you two wish to show me, then lead on." What harm was there in amusing two of Verge's cubs for a little while? After all...now that she was part of the pride, they were as good as family.

Manda
And so they began their tour. First, Usare padded over toward the volcano and waved a paw at it. "This's a special sacred place! It's really cool but creepy inside there. We shoud know," he broke off to grin at Drathir. "Cause we went inside there. An' we found th' demon that lives in it! But we're not s'pposed to say how t'get there. So." A little pause, and he tilted head, trying to think of more to tell.

SkieBorne
"She wouldn't fit, Usare." Shouldering the other, he grinned, "/I/ didn't think it was creepy. I lead them to the demon." Of course he was skipping a whole section of the story but he wasn't about to say it all. "Over that way... are the wastelands... bad omen if you end up there." Drathir shook his head as he nudged his brother into step, heading towards the wastelands, "But there's a big watering hole that's good to scare the birds away between there and here."

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I heard a little bit from your father about that place." She nodded in understanding, though she wasn't sure exactly what they meant about the demon...strange. Already she was making mental notes as to what the cubs chattered on about. She would ensure that she didn't get lost on pridal lands, as that would be humiliating indeed.

Manda
"Oooh, yea the watering hole!" Usare piped up with a little excited wiggle. They also liked to try catching the birds there, though usually they weren't fast enough. But surely a -grown-up- could do it. Smirking suddenly, the cub peered up at Mora. "We've got this game that we play over there... to try an' catch the birds. And then -crunch- 'em. You should come play with us..."

SkieBorne
"You should! They wouldn't stand a chance with you around... They'd stop mocking us then, that's for sure." He nodded eagerly, bouncing slightly on his paws, "Maybe set a record." They'd really only been able to catch a few in total but it might be entertaining to watch the lioness run through the flock.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She considered that for a long moment, stifling her urge to dismiss it outright. Well...what could one time hurt? Crimson eyes studied them for a moment, before she nodded. "I'll play with you then. Once. Show me the way."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:48 am
User Image

-Discussion on ... Religion?-

Manda
Mmm... just another day on 'patrol'. Farai sighed softly and glanced around a bit. He didn't at all understand why Xibalba insisted on this idiocy. None of this land really -belonged- to her, and she had nothing like a pride either. It was just her and her few underlings who lived around here. But she didn't like trespassers and when he wasn't out spying, he was supposed to watch for them. And 'deal with them'. He knew that she probably expected him to fight, scar them up and send them packing. But usually all it took was a warning, and they took themselves elsewhere. Farai ... really was unaware how impressive he could look to others, whether he tried to be or not.

T ` Poi
Her hunt had taken her farther this time...much farther from Aang than she was usually comfortable. But he was safely tucked away (to his chagrin), and there was enough stashed away for him to be good until she got back. She was confident he would be there when she returned...Besides...she wanted to venture into the light of the moon...See if what Chukua had said was true. She shivered in delight at the thought of flouting everything her clan believed. It was...liberating. And so she trotted through the long grasses in search of prey, plans for later in her mind. Mkodi's Sun would forgive her her trespasses...he was a kind Saint.

Manda
Lifting his head almost boredly to sniff at the breeze, Farai started to dismiss the scents that came to him, and then froze. There was someone coming... a cheetah, and female at that. He'd gotten used to the scent while running around with Ezuzu, after all. Frowning slightly, he wondered if it was her... but he didn't think so. This was a different female. But what was she doing here?

T ` Poi
At first, she scented nothing but mice and bugs and grass. And then another scent caught her interest...a deeper scent that spoke of a male. But it was a strange male...Stopping, she wrinkled her nose in thought. She knew what the scent was...A revelation caught her as she thought of a rather purple male she'd met. A lion! And company. She sighed and looked herself over, satisfied she saw no major dirt smudges or dust to mar her white fur. On her Travel she might be...and rebellious she was being...she was still one of the Head's daughters. Happy with her appearance, she trotted towards the lion's scent, topaz necklaces and bracelets clinking gently with her steps.

Manda
Oh wonderful, the female was coming closer now! Farai sighed and looked around...then headed for a large, flat rock. He couldn't see the cheetah yet, in the tall grasses, but if he got up higher... ah! There, a spot of white fur moving among the grass. Somehow, he was intrigued, though... so he didn't immediately warn her off. What was she -wearing-?

T ` Poi
She looked about, hoping to catch sight of whoever the male was...and was rewarded with a dark figure leaping to a rock not too far away. Seeing him turn her way, she continued over. "Good Sun to you, dark one!" If the lion she'd met before had been brighter than she was used to...this lion was...something else. Dark, like her cousin, but of a different hue. And his colors and markings spoke of the forbidden night. Hadn't she just been thinking of the night. The smile on her muzzle was polite...but held undertones of something different. She wasn't quite sure what the something different was...

Manda
Farai tensed at her loud call and supressed the urge to tell her to be quieter. There was no one else around, anyway. He was just ... more used to silence. Sitting down, he eyed the cheetah for a moment or two, as if he was trying to puzzle out her strange greeting - as it was one he'd never heard before. "Ah... greetings to you as well," he replied after a moment, sounding just slightly confused. "Are you lost?"

T ` Poi
Eupe's smiled calmed, staying polite however. "No. I can only be lost if I am going somewhere." She laughed softly. "I am out hunting this day. Though this area seems to offer little else but mice, bugs, and lions." Her comment seemed to be an attempt at humor, though an awkward one. "And what brings you out to such a place, dark one?"

Manda
Farai wasn't sure how much he liked being labeled like that ... even if it was true. So before anything else, he murmured, "My name is Farai... as for prey around these parts, you're correct in that there isn't much." He himself had to range quite a bit when he went hunting. And it didn't help that he was supposed to bring things back for Xibalba either. He made a bit of a face. Why couldn't she hunt for herself?

T ` Poi
"Ah, my apologies Farai." She made something of a bow. "I am Eupe'baridi...though my companion just calls me Eupe." The cheetah sighed and shook her head. "A pity...it is a beautiful land, if a bit lacking in trees." Eupe turned her attention back to Farai. "Do you live here?"

Manda
Farai watched her with interest now - wondering... where she came from. She was completely different from Ezuzu, but then, he should expect that. Everyone was different. "I live... nearby," he temporized quickly - somehow unwilling to tell her that he was supposed to be out here driving off intruders. "I was just... out for a walk."

T ` Poi
"Ah...Walks are good for clearing the head. Or just admiring things." She laughed softly again. "I usually end up doing so for the former reason." She sat, continuing looking Farai over. He was no wimp, certainly. Obviously strong and someone she would survive in a fight with only if she ran for her life. "Do you have any family?" She had discovered many creatures out here seemed to have no family. It was a fact that saddened her...Eupe could not imagine life without a family of some sort...

Manda
Farai hesitated for a moment, and then shook his head. "Not really ... I'm staying with someone else, but they're not ... related to me." He sounded faintly sad, but at the same time, resigned. It was likely that he would never see his parents or sister again.

T ` Poi
The tone of his voice made her lay her ears back in a sympathic gesture. She hoped her voice would never sound like that. "Is it where your heart and duty lies?" Ah...something her clan preached...but did not always practice. Her betrothal was an example. And part of the reason she rebelled. "For you cannot truly have one without the other."

Manda
Farai smiled slightly. "Duty, perhaps..." he said softly. But not so, his heart. "As for my heart, I'm not sure anymore where it lies."

T ` Poi
Ah...so he was a lost one. Eupe gave him a kind smile. "I...had that happen to me once. And then I figured out I really did hate the bugger and refuse to talk to him." Her smile turned to a smirk. "Much to his chagrin, the pompous b*****d." A soft laugh. "Sadly, I am discovering much is not how it should be out here, in the world beyond my own home." Sadness now. "A rather lost world, full of lost souls..."

Manda
Farai blinked, not really understanding much of that... but he got the basic gist, sort of. There had been someone she was staying with too ... and she had left, apparently. He wished that he had that option - but he didn't know where else to go. "There are times... that I feel rather lost," he confessed softly.

T ` Poi
Eupe nodded. "When I was a cub, I was taught to stay in one place...to make it easier to be found. But I learned something different." She chuckled. "Mkodi does not help those who do not help themselves first. When we are lost...we must stand and seek the path we were on. Or make a new one." She couldn't help but think she sounded like one of the priests back home...But she liked to think she sounded like the one from her cubhood she held so dearly still.

Manda
Farai blinked at that and tilted his head just a bit. "Mkodi...?" he repeated. "Who is that?" It sounded like a name, and if this was someone who helped others... perhaps he should meet them?

T ` Poi
Eupe couldn't help but blink. He didn't know who Mkodi was? Oh dear...for the love of the Sun! She sighed and smiled. "Mkodi is the Mother of All. She created the air we breath, the land we stand on...It is her Son the Sun that shines in the day, and one of her tears the Moon that stole light from the Sun to shine in the night. She is the one who gave us our free will to do as we please...but like a good mother, she will chastise us when needed." Her voice was reverant and soft. She loved Mkodi...loved all of her Saints.

Manda
Farai blinked, then blinked again, quite obviously not understanding a good bit of that. Maybe to one who had grown up with stories of the gods, it was commonplace, but his parents had rarely talked about such things... and Xibalba, never. "Wait, wait. How could any ... creature... create all of that?" he asked, confused. "No one can do that!"

T ` Poi
Eupe was a bit confused at that. "She is the Goddess...She is more than us...more than a mortal soul can ever hope to be." Beyond that...Eupe had no other explanation. She'd always just...had faith. She wondered if that was a foreign concept for Farai...

Manda
"Goddess?" Farai repeated, nose wrinkling just a bit. What in the world was -that-? "I think... I'm missing something here," he murmured then.

T ` Poi
"Goddess is a term for a celestial being whose powers are...above this world.Some Saints also have this power...but not in the way Mkodi does." Poor Eupe was learning what a poor teacher she was when it came to skeptics and the unknowing....

Manda
"Above this world...?" Damn, he seemed to be doing a lot of repeating during this conversation! "But where does the power come from?" he asked then, frowning. "And for that matter where do these -beings- come from? If they made the world or whatever, who made them...?" He wasn't trying to be difficult, it was just... hard to understand.

T ` Poi
Eupe sighed and shook her head. "Beyond what I've told you...I'm not sure. Sadly, few among the holy men and women of my clan study beyond what faith tells them...and most scholars who question such were exiled from my clan when I was very young. Sad...I so would have like to learn that myself." She laughed. "Might have come in handy today, yes?"

Manda
Farai relaxed at that and even looked faintly disappointed. She had seemed so -sure- of herself before! "Aah ... perhaps so," he replied softly. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to oppose you, I just don't understand," he confessed then, with a quick smile.

T ` Poi
Eupe smiled. "Tis alright. I know you did not mean to oppose. You were curious...I was here. It was a natural process of questioning." Another laugh. "I do much the same when I am curious about something...though in a more subtle manner, Farai." Her smile accented that last part. If one thing being noble had taught her...it was the art of subtlety. And it was one that worked outside of politics too!

Manda
Farai blinked, and then laughed softly. "Maybe that's something else that I wasn't taught very well," he admitted with a little duck of his head. At the very least... Eupe was interesting to talk to.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:50 am
User Image

-Lessons in Subtlety-

T ` Poi
Eupe 'hmmed', looking deep in thought. "Maybe...I could teach you a little of the arts. Just small, easy things." Her ice-eyes met Farai's, though there was nothing cold in her eyes this day. Her juvenile friend had warmed her heart lately, and this lion piqued not only her curiosity...but something else she was not familiar with. "Like how the simplest aversion of gaze can bring someone to you, rather than vice versa..."

Manda
"The arts?" Farai asked, curious again now... ears pricking toward the other. It was clear that no one ever really talked to him like this on any kind of regular basis. He'd thought they were talking about gods and what-not, now it was suddenly arts?

T ` Poi
"Subtlety, Farai." She chuckled. "Few regard it as such...but it is an art. Though one that seems to be dying across the savanna." Even in her own clan. "It is something that can get you far, without breaking any of your own boundaries, and leave you...whole."

Manda
"Oh," Farai replied, ducking his head a bit in embarrasment. Really, that should have been easy to figure out. Tilting head then, though... he nodded, a bit cautiously. "All right... show me."

T ` Poi
Eupe thought a moment. What best to teach a male...And one of his build and stature. Perhaps...something smoldering, rather than demure. She nodded to herself. Yes...that would do. "Creatures often respect and defer to confidence and someone who exudes a certain...charisma." She smirked, a fire seemingly beneath her icey eyes. "A look that screams all those...a look that is then taken away, will draw them to you like a moth to a spider's web."

Manda
Farai blinked slightly ... and found himself almost inevitably drawn to her gaze. He could hear the words, and vaguely understood them in a part of his mind... but most of his attention was quite suddenly centered on -her-.

T ` Poi
As her gaze fell on him, she held it for but a few seconds, then turned away. "What do you feel?" Better to ask and tailor the lesson to fit him rather than rush in blindly.

Manda
Farai blinked, and took a breath as if he'd been holding it ... which, he had, actually. "I ... " he started, then shook his head a bit. "You're right... I want to come closer to you now," he murmured, not sure he liked the feeling of being controlled - even in a -subtle- manner.

T ` Poi
Eupe nodded and turned back to him, the fire in her eyes dimmed. "It is a useful thing to have on your side. Now...you try it, Farai." She smiled calmly. She wanted to see if he could do it...create that same smolder in his eyes...He likely could, with the fire he exhibited when questioning her. But she wanted to see it...not just hear it.

Manda
At that, Farai forced himself to settle again. She wasn't truly trying to control him... just to teach. And it was entirely different from Xibalba... "All right," he said, sounding a bit unsure. But even if he hadn't -liked- the lessons or missions, he generally succeeded at what Xibalba set him to do. So he closed his eyes for a moment and tried to think about confidence, strength. Opening them again, he stared at Eupe. 'You want to come to me now...' he tried to project at her. Then, he glanced away again.

T ` Poi
And as she had thought, that same fire she'd heard in his voice had found its way to his eyes and she felt herself make an unconcious step forward. "Very good, Farai." She felt a little breathless. She hadn't expected quite so much in his eyes...And it thrilled the wayward princess. To Eupe, that fire spoke of something her clan found strange and foreign...something far different from her betrothed and her brothers..."I think you'll have no problem using that gem."

Manda
Farai smiled at that, turning back to look at her with the fire mostly gone - though a bit of the confidence still lurked there. It was good to know... that he could learn something like that. "I'm ... not sure what I would use it for," he murmured. "But I thank you."

T ` Poi
Eupe just chuckled. "One never knows when they might use something. It is the way of life." She smiled up at Farai...a true, awkward seeming one this time. "But that is half the fun, yes? To dance through, throwing in steps as we go, and sometimes making them up when needed..." Aang really was changing her. For better or worse, Eupe didn't know. But she liked the thrill singing in her veins. "And one never knows who might be their next partner in the dance might be..."

Manda
Farai tilted head slightly at that, blinking at her. "Dance through life... it seems happier that way," he murmured, almost to himself. He didn't know quite what to think of Eupe, but ... he thought that he rather liked her. She was interesting, intelligent...

T ` Poi
Happier...ah if only it was happier. "Mm...I suppose so. But there are always partners you'd rather not dance with...and there is always the inevitable moment where you can't help but have two left paws..." She chuckled. "I do rather wish I could avoid one partner. Though my current one is certainly an most interesting fellow~" Of course, she was referring to Farai. The lion captivated her. He was strong in a way her kind could never be, and behind those muscles lay a sharp, curious mind...If a bit held back by something...

Manda
It took Farai a moment or two to realize that she was talking about -him-, and then he ducked his head again, just a bit. Oh ... well then. "Hmm...." he hummed thoughtfully. "It's beginning to get dark... perhaps, we should take this dance somewhere more private. And... you could teach me more of this art of yours."

T ` Poi
Her blood was singing with something rather foreign to her...but oh so sweet. Eupe's smile was no longer awkward...it was instead a honeyed thing full of the fire that had been in her eyes. "That...sounds wonderful to me. Though I'm afraid you'll have to lead the way. I am the visitor, after all." The thought of the promise his words held made some of her fur shiver in anticipation of something she'd only heard whispers of among the serfs. Oh...this was a portion of the dance she wouldn't mind at all. "And I shall teach you what I know~"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:49 pm
User Image

-A Chance Meeting-

Manda
Hmm... another fairly boring day. Fiyali sighed softly, flopped next to a big rock that sat beside a little stream. She'd been staying in this area a lot recently - more because the hunting was fairly good here than for any other reason. Heaven knew that wasn't much of anything (or anyone) -interesting- about.

Hmph. Just her luck she'd apparently ended up in the least populated area of the savannah. The best she could hope for these days was a steady food source.

T ` Poi
Rabbits...best and worst prey in the world. Best because they were so fun to chase...and the worst because of that very reason. They got away so often! But not this time! Safi proudly trotted to a stream to eat, tail wagging vigorously. The rabbit dangled limply in his jaws, looking strangely peaceful besides the fact it was obviously dead. Of course, now that the hunt was over, Safi's grace was back to normal...horrible. And thus he tripped over his own front paws, into the stream, right in front of another wild dog he hadn't noticed in his exuberance.

Manda
Fiyali blinked as another wild dog quite suddenly appeared with a rabbit in his jaws. He didn't seem to notice her at all at first and she tilted head, watching him. What in the ....

Then her thought cut off as he suddenly tripped and landed right in the stream. Oh -dear-. Fiyali snorted, burying her muzzle in paws and trying not to laugh outright.

T ` Poi
Safi blinked, still mostly in the stream. Oh...he had company. "Huh'ro..." Remembering he still had the rabbit in his mouth, he grinned nervously and set to righting himself. Once he was sitting in the stream rather than sprawled in it, he set the rabbit down on the bank. "Hello! Uh...sorry bout that. I kinda tripped there..."

Manda
Fiyali snickered softly and fought to compose herself, finally sitting up a bit herself. "I ... I noticed that," she replied, just a little breathless from holding in outright laughter. "I'm sorry too... I shouldn't laugh, you just..." She trailed off helplessly.

T ` Poi
"It's okay." Safi chuckled. "It was pretty funny. And I made someone besides me smile, which is awesome!" His grin lost its nervousness. "I'm Safi'mmoja, but just Safi is fine! What's your name?" It'd been a while since he'd seen another adult female...and this one was just as pretty, if not prettier, than the one he'd met as a pup!

Manda
Fiyali straightened up a little more and tried to stifle her giggling enough to be serious for just a moment. "I'm Fiyali'Kianga. Most end up calling me Fiyali," she replied after a minute or two. "It's nice to meet you." And her smile was genuine - it was, indeed, nice to see someone else around this seemingly desolate place.

T ` Poi
Safi found wagging his tail under the water was a bit...hard...but he did it anyways, causing a 'swooshy' sound. "It's good ta meetcha Fiyali!" Yup, she was definitely prettier than the last one he'd met. "Do you live around here? Cause it seems a little lonely..." Besides prey, Fiyali had been the first creature he'd met since he'd entered the area yesterday.

Manda
Fiyali shook her head slowly at that. "I don't really ... live anywhere," she answered, sounding just a bit sad. "I have been staying around this area for a while, but there's not much here." A faint smile. "As you probably noticed."

T ` Poi
Safi nodded. "Yeah...It kinda sucks." He made a strange, rather unsatisfied face. "Not many creatures to meet." He let go of the face to look around. "You have any family you wander with?" He was always rather curious about the families of others since he'd lost his own...literally.

Manda
Fiyali hesitated for just a moment and then shook her head. "Not really. I haven't seen my family ... in years." She sounded lonely, maybe a little bit unsure. "W-what about you?"

T ` Poi
Safi's ears went back in apology. "Oh..." He...he knew what it was like to have not seen your family in so long. "I...I haven't seen my in a while either. I got separated from them..." He looked at her, a 'sorry' in his eyes. "I didn't mean to make you sad..."

Manda
Fiyali shook her head quickly, ears flopping a little. "No, no ... it's ok. I should be over it by now," she replied with a little smile. "We used to all be really close, then everyone drifted away one by one. Sometimes... I think I'd like to go and find them again, but I have no idea where to start looking."

T ` Poi
Safi blinked and laughed a little. "That's kinda what I wanna do! I wanna find my family again...and show 'em I've become a great hunter!" He puffed his chest out a bit. "Papa used to say my lack of attention would make it hard...But I didn't stop tryin' till I got better!" He grinned. "But...I don't know where to start looking either."

Manda
Fiyali blinked slightly and then laughed again, softly. "I can certainly see that you're a good hunter," she replied to that, nodding at the rabbit he'd dropped. "The one good thing about this place is that there's lots of prey. I guess because no one else much lives around here."

T ` Poi
Safi nodded. "Yeah...The best places to hunt don't have a lot of others around..." He made a face. "Ick...what a trade-off. I like bein' around others...but I really don't like having an empty belly." The golden wild dog made a rather...funny face of despair. "Why must things be so weird..."

Manda
Fiyali shook her head a bit at that, and then her ears came up a little and she eyed the male speculatively. "Y'know ... even in more populated places... it's easier to get something larger if you hunt together with someone else."

T ` Poi
Safi blinked. "Really? I...I didn't know that." His look turned to a curious one. "I've been huntin' by myself for so long...But that's cool!" His grin returned. "That's really cool! No trade off there!" He chuckled. "I'm definitely going to find my family then! No matter how long it takes!"

Manda
"Wait, you've never hunted with -anyone- else before?" Fiyali asked, surprised at that. Maybe he'd lost his family when he was still really young... Her whole family had gone on a few hunts together before they drifted apart. It was -much- easier with a big pack of dogs than it was alone.

T ` Poi
Safi nodded. "Yeah...I've been by myself since I was little...I mean, Papa had taught me a little about hunting before I got lost..." Was it really that strange? He supposed so, since other pups he'd met like Abish were rarely far from their family.

Manda
"Oh ... you got lost..?" she replied at that, then winced slighlty. "I mean. If you don't want to talk about it or anything it's ok." She didn't mean to pry, but she was curious.

T ` Poi
Safi just smiled. "It's okay. I've always had a rather bad habit of getting lost. But it's not so bad now. I think I've almost outgrown it!" He hoped so...because he really wanted to start finding creatures he'd met again.

Manda
Fiyali blinked, then smiled. "Well.... it's hard to get lost around here," she pointed out, looking up over the landscape. It was almost completely -flat-, just a few very small rises here and there. "You can always see where you are."

T ` Poi
Safi grinned and nodded. "Yup! I've learned to use rocks and stuff to get a better view of where I am. And stuff around me. Like...there's this one tree with a branch and leaf-bundle that make it look like a giraffe's head three day's trot in the direction of the sunrise!" He was so proud of himself for that. He always made a trip back there now, to get his bearings back.

Manda
"A what...? A giraffe's head?" Fiyali repeated, eyes widening. She'd never seen a tree that looked like -that-. But then again, she'd not really explored this area for three days in any direction. "Does it look funny?" she asked, ears pricking forward a bit.

T ` Poi
"Kinda...But it looks cool too!" Safi wagged his tail again. "It's almost like the tree is eating itself!" His stomach chose that moment to protest being empty. "Uh...heheh...I think I better eat now."

Manda
She blinked at that, then giggled softly again. "I guess you better. Otherwise, you might scare off all the rest of the rabbits around here with that noise," she teased, licking at a paw. Then she glanced up again and smiled. "Maybe later on you could show me the giraffe tree... if you don't mind taking me there."

T ` Poi
Safi grinned, feeling rather conscious of himself now. "Yeah..Wouldn't want to make it hard for anyone else to hunt..." Before he picked up the rabbit, he smiled. "Yeah...I don't mind! It...It would be really nice to travel with someone else for a little." The fact she wanted to go with him made him feel a little giddy inside. Strange feeling that was...maybe it was that bug he ate yesterday...

Manda
"I think you're right... it would be nice to have a companion," Fiyali agreed, laying down again on her rock to watch him.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:00 pm
User Image

-On to the Giraffe Tree!-

T ` Poi
"It's not too much farther!" Safi hadn't felt so happy in a LONG time! Traveling with Fiyali had been far from boring. She was nice to talk to, and it was really nice having another warm body to sleep near...Yeah...these past couple days had been close to heaven for a wild dog who'd been alone for so long. "You can kinda see it from here...It's the biggest tree in the clump right there."

Manda
Fiyali raised her head and scented the wind, looking up ahead at the group of trees that Safi pointed out. She'd found him to be really fun to travel with too, and was glad that she'd suggested this trip. "I think I see it!" she called, then glanced back and took off running toward the trees. "I'll bet I can beat you there!"

T ` Poi
Safi squeaked and gained a look of determination. "Not if I can help it!" And he took off running, trying to catch up with her. No way was he gonna loose! He may have been a kind, rather goofy male...but he was still male, and his pride was at stake!

Manda
Fiyali laughed as she glanced back to see him gaining on her and put on another burst of speed. She didn't intend to let him catch up to her either. But she didn't really know the terrain around here ... so he would probably beat her if he knew any shortcuts.

T ` Poi
Shortcuts, however, Safi did NOT know. Never realized a need for them. And though he had a lot of energy, his legs were still a little shorter, and he wasn't as used to his body as she certainly was. So despite his attempts to catch up...he fell a little short.
Literally. His claws hit a rock, and he found himself tumbling forward.

Manda
Fiyali glanced back again and her eyes widened as she saw him tumbling, letting out a squeak of alarm. She nearly tripped herself as she whirled to turn around, heading back toward him. "Safi! Are you ok?" she called, closing the distance.

T ` Poi
Though a little dazed, with maybe some bruises and scratches, he seemed fine. He waved one of his front paws around. "Yeah...I've had worse..." After the world decided to stop spinning, he rolled onto his side. "Lots worse. Went through a buncha brambles once."

Manda
Fiyali pulled to a stop and eyed him, fighting the urge to nose at him and make -sure- he was really all right. But he said he was fine, so ... she would trust him. She winced at the brambles, though, shuddering a little. "I bet that wasn't much fun..."

T ` Poi
"No...it wasn't." After a little one his side, he stood up, shaking himself and sending dirt and grass bits flying. "This one was LOTS better. Less ouch involved." He smiled bashfully. "Sorry for makin' you worry, Fiyali. Stuff like that happens to me a lot..."

Manda
Fiyali backed up just a little to give him room to get up and shook her head slightly. "It's ok ..." she replied with a quick smile. "Not your fault, really." Then she turned and looked back toward the trees. "I guess we shouldn't go running off again, though, hmm?"

T ` Poi
Safi laughed, smiling brightly again. "Nah...I just gotta make sure there are no rocks around!" He bounced a bit, then started trotting towards the tree. "And...it was kinda nice, having someone else worry about me. Haven't had that happen in a while." There was that strange feeling again. And he was sure he hadn't eaten a bug in the last couple of days!

Manda
"Well, that's probably cause you're usually all alone," Fiyali replied, almost teasing. "If other people were around, they'd worry about you." She smiled over at him. "You're really easy to like..."

T ` Poi
Safi chuckled nervously. "Yeah...I guess." He wagged his tail. "Maybe I can find others to travel with, and we could take down big ol' prey!" At her smile, he felt that weird feeling get bigger, and he gave her a soft smile back. "You're easy to like too...I'm really glad I met you."

Manda
"Well... if you'll have me, -I'd- be willing to stick around a while," Fiyali offered with a slight smile. Sure, he was younger than her, but she didn't care. He was friendly, easy to talk to ... and she missed having someone else around.

T ` Poi
Safi's ears perked up and a wide grin broke out on his muzzle. "Really?! That...that would be awesome!" He made to lick her cheek, happy that he was finally not going to be alone for at least a little. "You're the greatest Fiyali!"

Manda
Fiyali smiled at that and leaned a little closer to him, pleased that he was happy. "It's not really that big a deal," she murmured, flushing just a bit.

T ` Poi
Safi hummed happily. "To me it is..." He was lost for a moment, in her warmth and kindness...And then something green and brown snapped him out of it. "Hey! It's the tree!" He grinned. "The giraffe one! We're here!"

Manda
Fiyali got caught up in that happy moment as well, and so when he looked up, she jumped just slightly before following his gaze. "Oh... wow. It really -does- look like a giraffe..." she said, staring up at the tree for a minute or two.

T ` Poi
He chuckled and nodded. "Yup! I come back here every couple moon cycles to make sure I'm not lost again. I can figure out where I've been, and where I can go..." He smiled, a dreamy expression in his eyes. "I stargaze a little too...I once met a lioness here, a really nice one, who taught me a song. And that the night is a Goddess and a mother." He closed his eyes. "I kinda miss her."

Manda
Fiyali blinked slightly at that, and tilted her head. "A lioness...?" she asked, paused, then went on. "What is the song like? How does it go?" She was curious now. She'd seen lions from far away but never really talked to one before. The only experience she had being close was with a male... and it hadn't been a pleasant one at all.

T ` Poi
"Her name was Muli...and the song was really pretty...a lullaby." He raised his snout up and began to sing what he remembered.
"Cubling you needn't fear the dark, for softly singing is the lark.
Hush my cub for you are safe, cradled deep within the Mother's embrace.
Hear my voice and know it well, for of the Mother I shall tell.
Like the Moon so soft and fair, the shadows' her fur and the stars in her hair.
You can hear her laughter on the wind, and her heart accepts all even those who have sinned.
And even if you here this tale from another, you'll find no one loves us quite like the Mother."
He stopped and kept his eyes closed for a little. The song always made him feel at peace.

Manda
Fiyali closed her eyes to listen... pleased somehow that he had a pretty good singing voice - even if he was quiet right now. It was a pretty song, and there was a feeling of peace and hope about it. "You're right... that is pretty. And it makes the night very peaceful. I wonder if there really is a goddess like that..."

T ` Poi
Safi nodded. "I hope so...If there is...I wanna thank her for all the beautiful things in the night." His smile grew. "The stars, and the moon, and the soft winds...and...and..." He flushed. Fiyali was very pretty, more so than normal, when the moon hit her fur. It made her look...like a spirit of some sort.

Manda
Fiyali turned to look at him, blinking slowly. "And... what?" she asked, voice soft - almost like she already knew what he had hesitated over. She liked him too... but wondered what he thought of her.

T ` Poi
He lost his voice for a moment before he could get the words out. "And you. You...you look even prettier in the moonlight." He hid his eyes with a foreleg, nervous of her reaction. It was the first time he'd felt so...self-conscious of what he said.

Manda
Fiyali smiled at that and got up to pace toward him slowly. Then she lifted one of her own paws to pull his down. "Thank you... no one's ever really told me that before," she said quietly. And she leaned in to lick his cheek quickly, smiling.

T ` Poi
Safi blinked and smiled a little goofily. "Your welcome..." He returned the lick with one of his own. "I...I was kinda worried you might not like me saying it..."

Manda
"Mm... why wouldn't I?" Fiyali asked at that, blinking slowly at the other. "Everyone generally likes to hear that they're pretty. Or handsome, in the case of guys." She smiled, and tilted head. "I think you're rather handsome..."

T ` Poi
Safi's smile grew a little more. "Thanks..." A flexed his paws a bit so the dirt below them shifted. "I...I was worried 'cause I've never really said that to someone except when I was a LOT smaller." He chuckled. "And pups can get away with saying a lot..."

Manda
Fiyali laughed at that and nodded. "They can indeed. But as you grow older... the same sorts of things sometimes can mean something completely different."

T ` Poi
Safi couldn't help but laugh with her. It was...nice...being around her. "What sort of things?" He was honestly curious. "Does...'I feel weird' fall under that category?"

Manda
"Mm... ma-aaybe. Depends on what you mean by weird?" she replied, tilting head a little. And she smirked faintly. "D'you ... maybe want to do something with me..?"

T ` Poi
Safi felt his heartbeat increase. "I...uhm...maybe..." He looked a lot bashful. "I feel...kinda like I ate a buncha bugs and they're bouncing around inside, and also like a sat in the sun for too long...All warm inside..."

Manda
Fiyali smiled at that and nodded slightly. "Well ... I think maybe I could help with that..." she murmured, moving to nudge him just a little.

T ` Poi
Safi smiled. "Really?" He nudged her back, nuzzling a little. "That...that would be great." He had a feeling he would really like where this was going.

Manda
Fiyali smiled at that and nodded. "All right then... let's go over closer to the tree. And I'll show you a few things." More than a few... if they had the time and energy.

Manda's Pets = DOOM

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff