Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does anyone one agree with me
  Yes
  No
View Results

Kibaxx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:48 pm
I can say i am happy about the mana-khemia release in like 2 weeks but on rpgamer.com they say that in japan mana-khemia is getting a psp port. Does this make anyone else angry? Not only are they getting the new persona (persona4) but they also have mana-khemia on ps2and now psp and we still have yet to see a date of release for an american ar tonelico II. Sorry to rant on but i think that these locialization companies need to greb their asses and hurry on these major games!!!!

Does any one else agree?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:08 pm
Actually, they said theirs so information on whether or not the PSP port will be released outside of Japan or not.
To be honest, I'm just glad they're releasing it for PS2 here.
I'd rather they spend more time porting games like Atelier Marie, Elie, Violet, Judith and Lilie then a game we're already guaranteed.  

Palsa-San
Crew

Kibaxx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:36 pm
if you read my post correctly im angry about the slowness of the localization crews. Is japan so ahead of us that they are making psp ports for games while we still dont have the original. And they still have games like ar tonelico II to translate. so dont correct me on my own opinion of the slowness of localization crews.

( And i know that mana-khemia psp is only in japan how can they release it here when we still dont have the original DUH! )  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:53 pm
Gomen. ^_^

Anyway, the question I have is which version would be used in a U.S release.
If they were to use the PSP port release, then NIS-America would have to work on a completely new game, so that would take awhile.
However, if they were to port the already existing translated PS2 version, then it would probably be much sooner.
But one thing to remember is that porting a game is no simple task.
It would take months to even years to complete, and that's without fixing all of the glitches that the game would have on an alternate console.
Another thing to note about the process of releasing games in other country's, is the fact that it has to be translated, dubbed, and debugged before it can even reach the publics eye.
This requires an entire rebuild of the game, including the hiring good voice actors, and a translation of the graphics and text into a new language.
Another thing to remember is that NIS-America doesn't have the rights, or game for that matter, until the Japanese release is finished.
So they actually receive the game just before it's released in Japan.
And we also have to remember that they're working on multiple games for multiple consoles all the while.
To be quite honest, I have a lot of respect for they're being able to release the games under such a short amount of time.
Though I understand where your coming from and also eagerly await for their release, I can only advise to be patient and allow NIS-America the time they need to get the job done right.
After all, if they rushed it, the game would be poorly made and glitchy.  

Palsa-San
Crew

white_mokona
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:22 pm
either way, i still want to know when the date Ar tonelico II will be released.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:12 pm
white_mokona
either way, i still want to know when the date Ar tonelico II will be released.

Considering there has been absolutely no confirmation they're even working on it (they might be, they might not), I'd be surprised to see it this year. Usually NIS won't even mention a game until it's a few months from release. They know better. And At2 has a ton of text to translate - the localization process will probably take the better part of a year.  

Kalloway

KairiHiME-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:34 pm
Kibaxx
if you read my post correctly im angry about the slowness of the localization crews. Is japan so ahead of us that they are making psp ports for games while we still dont have the original. And they still have games like ar tonelico II to translate. so dont correct me on my own opinion of the slowness of localization crews.

Well... if that's how you feel, you should try learning some Japanese and start importing games from Japan. It's better than waiting for the games to be localized (or worse, not translated at all).  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:26 pm
Some promising info provided by Xemat of My Anime List.
RPG Fan article on E3 2008: NIS America.
Go to article>>>  

Palsa-San
Crew

Salburg Cathedral - The Official Atelier and Ar tonelico Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas