Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:10 pm
User Image

It could not be helped anymore. She had hoped that the war would be long since over by now, but Johari knew that the day she began to show would come before the day they reclaimed the temple would. Not wanting to risk angering Muroki, she decided to come forward with the truth.

The choice was made after a hunt just the day before, in which she had originally intended to bring the kill back for the pride, but ended up eating most of it herself. Her ravenous new appetite was clue enough, but there had been a bird there, one of the vultures, perched itself neatly on the sands a few yards away to watch her gorge and she had met it's stare. The smirk on the demon's beak was enough to make her decision for her. She'd not fight when she was this far along, and risk the cubs.

She sought him out now, vivid green eyes nervously scanning the sands for her mate and king.

"Muroki...?" She called, loud enough her voice could carry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:28 pm
Ironically Muroki had been near where the pride's cubs and puppies were attended by the good lioness Safiya, paying some attention to the youngest of the Dawnwalkers. One of his bonded's daughters particularly was demanding of his time. Like her mother, the young pup liked to boss the king around. She had him lay down to be a mountain, then wanted to gnaw on his tail, now....

"Wait, wait, Macheo. Surely those big ears of yours can hear Johari calling." He teased the pup and with the broad top of his nose nudged her away. Taking the hint, she went to go bother the nanny or some other youngster. Little scamp.

He almost seemed carefree as he untangled himself and called back to Jo that he was coming. But at the back of Muroki's mind, it niggled him that he was responsible for the young ones and must protect them from the adult's war. Some of their fellows had recently left for teh sake of their families and Muroki didn't blame them. Still. His lopsided grin stayed on his face, bolstered by the sight of his dear Johari.

"Yes, beloved?"

Successful Edit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:34 pm
She scented the young ones on him, and for a moment her old habits returned, she almost changed her mind, almost telling him he shouldn't let her interrupt, but then he'd just think something wrong, or know rather. Forcing herself to stand her mental ground, she smiled instead, albeit a bit nervously. She only hoped his good mood would remain in place when she told him what she had to say.

"I need to speak with you... please, someplace private...?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:40 pm
"Of course. I know just the place." Muroki was abit surprised, and instantly a little worried, but didn't let it show. Jo hadn't seemed nervous like this in a long while. Those old habits had seemed long gone, like his habit of being a grouchy git if things were going wrong. After all, she'd been a radiant and strong queen standing alone without him while he was feverish for so long - showing confidence and grace. So it threw him a bit to see her so. He hoped it wasn't something Bad.

"Come on." He nuzzled her tenderly, showing his support and led the way away from everyone else.

Successful Edit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:35 pm
The tender nuzzle served to calm her the littlest bit, but Johari followed at an even pace away from the bustle of the pride and the cubs Muroki had been helping to tend to.

When she felt they were a good distance, and as Muroki finally showed signs of slowing and stopping, Johari took a deep breath as discreetly as possible before beginning with her news.

"Muroki... there's something that I need to tell you, and I hope that you won't be angry with me or misunderstand why I didn't say anything sooner. I... but I can't... I can't fight with you and the others, against the vultures." She began quietly, using that to build the strength to say what she came to say. Having to provide it as an explanation somehow made it easier for her to say what "it" was rather than just blurting it out, and she'd realized this at the last moment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm
Muroki pondered this a moment, obviously quite concerned now, his brow furrowed behind the fringe of his mane. She wasn't hurt? Scared? He was sure they could work around whatever it was...after all Fedha was a fantastic healer and Muroki wouldn't want anyone fighting whose heart wasn't in it, for everyones sake. And that was understandable...by the gods it was going to be something Bad!

Calm. Muroki stopped his mind scrabbling around like a rat looking for a hole to hide in and took a moment to feel the warmth of the sun. Calm. They'd deal with everything together and be alright.

"Going to tell me why, dearheart?"

Successful Edit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:17 pm
A slow nod, and a not-quite blank stare. Johari settled down on her haunches in nervous silence for a moment, then lifted her gaze again to meet his as she temporarily steeled her resolve to speak the words, softly, lest vulture ears (Do they really have "ears", she wondered?) overhear.

"I'm pregnant... You'll be a father, soon."

And it wasn't that the news didn't thrill her, it did! But Countless times she had wished she could deliver the news in less tense circumstances, in a time when it didn't add more pressure.

Or, in an optimist's view of things, maybe it would just give him one more reason to win, not that he didn't have more than enough. Right now, though, she didn't know if he'd understand why he just received this news now, if he knew why she was nervous, and the thought of it dawning on him now, which she was certain it would, actually managed to shake her inwardly a bit more. He'd be so angry, she was sure! She could see the foolishness of it now, but then, back then, when he'd been hurt, to send the pride into potential battle, leaderless, it had been too foolish and cowardly to even consider it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:08 pm
...calmcalmcalm. Do not over react, don't under react and oh Jua why? But then, why not?

On the one paw they were having cubs in uncertain times and despite their plans, things might not go as well as they hoped. They were both young and new to their royal status and each other somewhat - who knew if they could handle having cubs too! Muroki knew Johari'd be a good mother but he'd always fancied himself more of an annoyingly-awesome older brother. They were now down a fighter.

They...were having children together. Despite his worries, all Muroki could do was grin that lopsided grin and offer out his fore paw inviting Jo for an embrace. He could sort of half guess her reasons for not telling him sooner. He was going o marry a very wise girl.

"You...you'll be a wonderful mother. I just know it."

Successful Edit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:19 pm
The grin. The grin told her everything. If there had been an ounce of annoyance, a single iota, she would have known just by that one look. It was as if a valve had been released or a lock undone. She let out a breath she hadn't noticed she'd begun to hold.

Johari drew closer without hesitance then, easing her face against his mane for a soft nuzzle, feeling reassured as her heart beat strongly in her chest now that the tense moment had passed.

"I just wish that I could still help..." She admitted with genuine regret in her voice. "I wish that I could still be with you at your side when..."

It should be clear then how much she couldn't help but worry. Despite the strong behavior and the "front", of sorts, that she kept up as queen in his stead, really she was a worrier, deep down. She couldn't help but feel almost useless at that moment. When they were going into the battle together it was so much easier to feel so confident, but now, knowing she'd have to wait standing by until she received word...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:29 pm
"My warrior queen!" He joked softly, though he knew she as serious. "I'd have liked to have kept you by my side, where I know you'd be safe. But it can't be helped"

Muroki let his head rest on Johari's neck and purred his words. She was so important to him. The contact helped him relaxed and got used to the idea of them together as parents. Made him able to decide what to do about the coming battle easily. They'd survive together and have their family and their pride. How he loved her...no god could be so cruel as to take from him home and mate again. They'd be fine.

"You can stay and help guard the young ones - and ours that way too - and that'll be a big help. Safiya's a wonderful nanny but she'll be over run at this rate. And besides that...you're my hope. Without you I wouldn't fight at all. You help by simply living, you're my reason to go on. "

Successful Edit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:29 pm
Johari could not suppress a laugh at that, the tension finally broken with that light sound. She relaxed against him genuinely now, soaking in his reassuring presence.

"As you are mine..." She purred, lifting a paw up around his other shoulder to squeeze in a half hug, half embrace. "Alright... I'll stay with Safiya during the fighting, we'll guard the little ones-- all of the little ones..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:58 pm
"We need to think of names." Muroki said quite randomly, as the thoughts occurred to him. "And soon as we can send word to your family. And my foster family. You'll need a good den....and...theres so much to start thinking about and planning for"

It was odd to imagine but it felt oh so good to hold his love and sketchily start to plan things for their future family rather than plot a future war.

Successful Edit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:16 pm
"Hmm.... I think there's still quite some time for that yet, love." She chuckled softly. "Let's... just take it one step at a time for now." She purred, sure he'd agree as she repressed her mirth. She was completely at ease with the situation now for the time being at least. The terrors of war could wait until tomorrow to plague her mind again. For now it was just her king, herself, and the four new lives that they were only half knowingly going to be soon bringing into the world together.  
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games