Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Community Sniper Game! - Archive Mode Activate!

Back to Guilds

After a while of dust setting in, the Guild has gone into Archive Mode. 

Tags: strategy, game, sniper, social, deceit 

Reply I Am Me!
Constant Chaotic [ch. 23 up] // The Trisk Trio is here. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This story is, In your opinion...
  Better than it used to be.
  Worse than it used to be.
  About the same as it used to be.
View Results

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Don't let the image fool you, this isn't that great

This is sort of a nod to the Untitled Sniper Story #2 (which is a longass name, so I made my own and I'll be calling this CC or "Chaotic" from now on). One day I was bored and had the urge to write something. I was in Skype and wrote about Q being rescued from a torture session. Questions arose, and after sleeping on it, I was able to later write a reason why the torture took place.

I got positive comments and am in the mood now, again. So this is my story, which is based on Maggeh's Untitles Sniper Story. In fact, I really like Maggeh's story. I don't want mine to overshadow his. I like his world and I like reading it. However, I happen to like serious, drama-filled stories that are full of gore and not really forced jokes to be funny. Well ok, I like those too, but not when they're mixed in with my violence and gore.

So this is my version of Maggeh's story. The characters will be modified, the plot will probably be different (since I don't know what maggeh's planning) and the funny will have been for the most part, taken out with a strong fist and crushed into a bloody, bordering R-rated pulp.

I am not competing with Maggeh. In fact I'll admit I probably won't even finish this (I never finish anything cool). I consider this a sort of fanfic. Everything takes place in the same universe... Kind of. Except it's more realistic.

That all said and done, I don't have an update schedule because I'm really busy. But I'll write when I can.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
    0. Intro.
    1. Characters
    2. Story
    3. An Update of some kind
    4. Archive
    5. Fanart
    6.Glossary Intro
    7.Glossary Terms
    8 - 15. Empty Posts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:03 pm
CHARACTERS

Characters are stuck into groups(labeled "arcs"). Bios are made as they appear in the story, and are added to/redone as more of the story and each character is revealed. If you have avatar art you'd like to put in your bio, let me know(or add it to the wiki). Additionally, if you have any suggestions for new characters or alterations to Maggeh's old characters (that haven't been introduced into this story yet) feel free to post them.

USE THIS FOR CHARACTER BIOS

--->DEXTERITY<---

MONTE CRISTO
Edmond Dantes = himself / count of monte cristo
[Q] = Q*

PHEONIX
Heart Shaped Toastie = Tali
Fortenra Askasa = himself
Insomnesiac = Insom`
Ismaru Windsol = Ismaru`

RAG-TAG
Mercain = himself
Amigo_amigo_amigo = Amigo
Roy Salamandra = himself`
Sibeiko = Sim
King shoy = Shoy*

--->OTHERWORLD<---

RENEGADE
Aine Chievious = Opal Koboi
A Dragonflys Sin = Sin (no bio) / The Pheonix Soul*

SEEKERS
Tedie Behr = Teddy
TootsieFruity = Tootz

THE TRISKS
TriskDaemon = himself
Triskellion = himself
Triskon = MonJ

Key:
`Updated slightly
* Completely rewritten, or majorly updated

Last update: Ch. 19 release

Sept. 7: I have added the new characters, but I don't have time to update/make bios for them... If someone who has a wiki account wants to do so... Be my guest?  

[Q]

Elder

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:04 pm
STORY

This is compared to Maggeh's sniper story because I rename some things.
Dexterity[Sniperville]. A thriving metropolis. Its borders are adorned with walls. Broken down and riddled with decay, but walls nonetheless. Dexterity was the city in times past where the cruelest of the cruel were thrown and imprisoned. Since those times, the culture here has been different. Outsiders can come in, but they don't often get out. Murders are an everyday occurance and the Bill of Rights has a disclaimer. Standard law does not apply here, and the population is in the triple digits.

Schools have martial arts classes, and it is a live or let die environment for those who don't learn fast enough. A strange phenomenon has begun in Dexterity, though these days is not unique to the city. Citizens have "Resonance Souls" or "Rez". Not everyone is born with a Rez, but those who aren't are often killed off quickly.

Rez are a special power resonating from the user's soul. No two Rez are the same, as there are no duplicate souls. These powers of the Soul are not limited to a user's bodily strength or mental capacity. A person could be a short, shy individual and possess a powerful Rez. Likewise, a skilled fighter can have a pathetic by comparison Rez. How pathetic or not a Rez is, however, is up to the beholder...

PLOT SUMMARY

I'd prefer you actually read the updates (afterall, I did write them. XD) but if you just want a quick refresher, here's what's happened in the story so far.

Q is a sniper and has shot Tali in the head. Normally quick to revive herself like a pheonix, for some reason she hasn't done so yet. Edmond and Q(who live together) have conspired to find a way to kill Tali for good. Sim and Q went to kidnap the unconscious girl(Tali), but Q was able to get her first.
Q went back to the castle with the girl. Opal came in and told Q how to kill Tali for good, and said not to trust Mercain.
Shoy and Edmond duked it out, but at the last moment Q shot Shoy. Edmond was heavily injured when Shoy left to go back to Rag-tag HQ.
Mercain finds out Q tore Opal from Aine, somehow. The reasonw hy nobody can feel Q is because he uses a limiter ot hide his ki/disable his Rez.
However the limiter is breaking, as Edmond finds out from Q. Mercain goes to Edmond to find out why Q uses a limiter in the first place, doesn't find out much and gets thrown out after threatening to kill Edmond.
The rest of the Phoenix gang is met by two Seekers, Teddy and Tootz, who's job is to find the Soul Stealer and kill him befor emerging with the Phoenix. The Phoenix gang agrees to go with them to kill both Edmond and Q at the same time.
Insom tells the seekers a dire fate, and decide to wait to attack the monte cristo team until after the rain stops. Q attempts to merge without the pheonix unknowingly; Edmond locks Q up in a cave. Amigo has an amazing plan... Roy makes an Androgyne.
The rain has lasted for 2 days now.
Edmond lets Q out of the cave, Q attacks Edmond and runs away with Tali, meeting Amigo. Amigo and Shoy bring Q to their underground facility, where they trap him. Shoy possesses Q after taking off his Rez limiter.
s**t happens, Shoy is in Q's body. Shoy's original body is dead. Tali is dead. The Pheonix Soul itself is in the androgynous body called Sin. Q's soul is also inside Sin, but is not showing itself.

Askasa, Ismaru, Teddy, and Tootz all come to the undergound facility only to become confused. Askasa fights Shoy(in Q's body); Askasa's wires are pulled out of him. Ismaru becomes angry at Pheonix/Sin for "killing" Tali, and Amigo wakes up from his unconciousness.

Some more fighting occurs, and Sim convinces Mercain to go find the others so he can exact his revenge. It is revealed that Ismaru is Amigo's son when the man tries to protect the boy from the Pheonix's power. Ismaru still doesn't know this, however. Mercain uses an illusion to stop everyone in their tracks. He takes Q to his own place where he later finds out that Q's body is possessed by Shoy, and is updated on Amigo's plan for the Pheonix. He also finds out that Shoy had a wife, Cherie, who killed herself after Shoy forced her to give their son up for adoption. Sim on the other hand takes Sin to the Azure Mirror, dropping her off as a prisoner in an alternate dimension, as well as tying Amigo to a chair and beating the man up while he was down.

It is now two days later, and we focus our attention to the Castle of Monte Cristo...

Last updated on Ch. 23 release  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:06 pm
AN UPDATE OF SOME KIND
Updates will go here

23. No Resonants Found Here

William opened the door to the castle of Monte Cristo, only to promptly have his throat grabbed by the hand of a man, his head grasped between the two hands of another man, and a third man, shorter than the other two, waved slightly with a smile on his face. The second man broke William's neck, the first man allowed the servant's body to drop with the aide of the second's, and the third man closed his eyes and said "Hello."

The three men were the Trisks. The oldest had the shortest hair of light brown, almost orange. He wore a quite unique, almost alien black scarf that wound about him, the collar covering his mouth. This scarf, the nightmare scarf, moved on its own occassionally, but for the most part, simply hung about around the brother's body, as if defying gravity. This brother's name was TriskDaemon. He wore armor underneath his scarf made of draconfur, the stongest and lightest of metals. His eyes were a piercing blue, and he was the first of the men to have assaulted William. Triskdaemon was the noblest of the three.

The second man was Triskellion. This brother wore another nightmare scarf, but no armor. His skin was not of a normal color, so he covered it up as much as possible. Triskellion was not human, and he wore varying clothes from day to day. Today he happened to be wearing all black, with a black hat. Triskellion was the harshest and most mysterious of the three.

The third brother was the first to walk into the castle. He was the youngest, with the same orange hair of Triskdaemon, but medium-length, and sloppily styled. His name was Triskon. He wore saggy jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt. He was the most comedic and inexperienced of the three.

The second person to walk into the door was Triskdaemon, the third of course being Triskellion. As Triskon walked through the expanse of the castle, he shouted for Edmond. His voice had a playful tone in it. Triskon was not one who liked killing just yet, though he was good at it when the time came. He was still in training; he still had time to perfect it. For now he would play. He would play as long as he could, until he earne dhis nightmare scarf.

The Trisks walked around the mansion for a good hour, but they could not find Edmond, nor any of his other servants. Triskdaemon assumed they were all hiding, while Triskellion knew the assumption to be true. The Trisks had nothing between the servants, however. Their reason for being here was Edmond. He had broken the treaty with the League, and he needed to be dealt with.

"Maybe he's not here," Triskon finally murmured to himself, sitting on the couch in one of the main rooms.
Triskdaemon hmphed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Probably knew we were coming," he stated.
Triskellion stood near the couch, simply looking around, taking everything in. After a moment, a voice rang through the other brothers' thoughts. Triskellion used telepathy to speak.
Mr. Dantes will be back shortly. We will wait here.

About twenty minutes later, a flurry of butterflies flew through the still-open door, over William's body. Once Edmond reformed at the other side of it, a look of stunned awe came over his face as he stared at William. It had been two days since Q's disappearance, and Edmond had gone to get the Negator in case Q came back to him. It was in a small package about the size of a ring box in his hand.
Edmond tossed the box on a nearby table and unsheathed his rapier, looking for who did this to his most faithful servant. A flurry of thoughts went through his mind, until he saw one of the Trisks. He stopped in mid-stride and dropped his rapier to the ground, it clinking and rolling away as he hurriedly went to a knee in a bow. "Triskdaemon," he rushed, hanging his head.

Triskdaemon was the only Trisk Edmond had met before. The oldest brother stepped forward, uncrossing his arms and laying a hand on the back of the couch where his younger brother sat. "Edmond," he replied in mock greeting, signalling it possible for the Monte Cristo to finally rise. And he did so, picking up his rapier and sheathing it immediately.
"What brings you here?" Edmond stammered. Formalities. He knew exactly why they were here.

"One of our Seers informed us of a violation of the treaty. That you were keeping a Soul Stealer under your care, and you allowed this Soul Stealer to merge with the Pheonix Soul. We enlisted you as the count to prevent this from happening." The scarf about the Trisk twitched slightly.

"No," Edmond shook his head. "That can't be possible- he couldn't have merged with her-- I, I haven't felt it. His or her ki for quite a while. He ran away from me, I had.." Edmond was stumbling over his words.

"Edmond, you are making a fool of yourself. We did not come here to kill you. The League believes keeping you here is punishment enough," Triskdaemon interrupted.
The count let out a sigh of relief.

"You will be stripped of your title and savings," the Trisk continued, "And banished from Monte Cristo or having any dealings with the Prophecies."
Edmond stepped back, shaking. "What, no, Please, Triskd-"
"Furthermore," the Trisk continued, his voice covering that of the former Count's, "your ties with The League are cut in all forms; your servants--" Triskdaemon's voice raised, so the servants could hear him. "If any of them have Resonance Souls, they are to be drained," The Trisk's blue eyes again went back to Edmond, his eyes almost apologetic as his voice lowered to near a whisper. "As are yours."

"No!" Edmond took another step back, "You can't do this! Please, Triskdaemon, you know me! I would not breach the treaty so easily! I did not know!"
It was a sad state to see Mr. Dantes in. His past had come forward to haunt him. His decisions, what he thought would lead to good- they turned him in. The League founded the nation of Monte Cristo. It employed him to take care of the Pheonix Soul. It was his duty, his dream, to kill the Pheonix once and for all and to house the weaker soldiers of the world. He was a proud man and a teacher. He was bound to his duty, and the fact he would be betrayed by his own birthright was more than just a stab in the back.
It frightened him.

TriskDaemon looked back to Triskellion, who was walking forward. Triskdaemon sympathized with Edmond; the man had done much good for their country, and this punishment was one worse than death. He looked to his younger brother for answers. Triskellion had an intelligence higher than any human's. His mind was not to be questioned. He would have the final say. Edmond looked to the second Trisk in a panic. He took another step back in fear, but he knew he could not run. There was still a chance to overturn this. He knew Triskdaemon. Triskdaemon would not do this unless it were absolutely necassary. Would he?

His intentions were pure, the voice rang through everyone's thoughts. The Soul Stealer ran to him before he came to Dexterity. He did not know it was the Soul Stealer at first. There was a pause. Triskon sat up on the couch backward, his hands over the back so he could watch the scene. He knew better than to intervene, however. Dealing with those accused was a job for only those who had earned their nightmare scarves.

When he found out the true identity of the Soul Stealer, he was hesitant at first. But the Soul Stealer was naive, and wore a Negator. Edmond believed this naivety would help him destroy the Pheonix. At that point, it had already helped him locate the new reincarnation. The Soul Stealer knows nothing of the prophecies. Edmond believed it would work to their gain.
He tells the truth of the Soul Stealer running away. It was not Edmond's intention for the merge. It has been a series of unfortunate events, beginning with the Soul Stealer's Negator malfunctioning.

Triskellion turned his head toward Triskdaemon.

Edmond's innocence could be fought for.

Edmond and Triskdaemon seemed to relax slightly.

The Punishment for not telling the Seekers of the Soul Stealer's whereabouts however, would not decrease by much. Triskellion's form spoke directly to Edmond, now. You may keep your Resonance Soul and one third of your savings, but all other sentences remain.

Edmond looked to Triskdaemon again, pleading.
"I am sorry," Triskdaemon stated. "Triskellion's word is law." He turned his head toward Triskon. "Round up all the servants," he ordered.

"Please!" Edmond shouted. "They have lost enough! They had nothing to do with this!"
Triskellion's beady black eyes stared into Edmond's. It is theirs or your own.
With that, Edmond became silent, hanging his head.

"You should've known better," Triskdaemon stated. "He was dangerous even if he was not the Soul Stealer. I thought you had dealt with the Talvians before."
Edmond was taken aback. "He was different!" he shot back. "He came to me for guidance!"

As Triskon began returning with a line of servants, Triskdaemon could not sympathize with Edmond for much longer. "You should have at least contacted the Seekers. They and the Monte Cristos are supposed to be a team."  

[Q]

Elder

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:07 pm
ARCHIVE

Since my chapters tend to be pretty short, I've arranged them into "Books".

Prequel (not directly related to the story, but started it all)

Awakening Chapters 1 - 17
Misaligned Chapters 18 - ?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:08 pm
FANART

TootsieFruity:
Teddy & Tootz (ch. 11)
Q (ch. 5)

Draconissa:
Q & Meru (prequel)

Thank you! Liking my story enough to draw characters/scenes is like a super ego-boost!! heart heart  

[Q]

Elder

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:09 pm
GLOSSARY
This defines ideas and lingo that was used in the story that probably won't be expanded on in the story itself.
It is also here to summarize the big "info dump" chapters. And in the future, probably will take place of "info dump" chapters since most of the terms are considered common sense.

For the thread version of this (It's still all in one post) click HERE.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:10 pm
Androgyne
A being that is neither male nor female. Has a flat chest chest and no genitals.

Decay Arm
Fortenra Askasa's Rez. His entire arm will turn into a mass of decay. Anything it touches will wilt and die. However, using this power will drain away Askasa's life as well.

Dexterity
The city the story takes place in. It is constantly in ruin. In the beginning, all of the world's worst criminals were tossed into this place, and were held back with a high wall. Since then things got a bit more civilized, though not by much. The walls are worn down and the laws of the area are very vague. Crime is at its height, and all residents are trained in at least some martial art. Murders occur daily, and only the strong survive.
The first Resonant Soul came from Dexterity.

The city itself is technologically behind the times. It does not hold well for inventions since too many people are killed off daily to regulate their use. Because of this, the outside worlds consider Dexterity another world, not unlike Hell, that people should stay away from. Common terms and devices that were not in use before the introduction of Resonance souls are completely unknown in the city.

Doppelganger
A copy of another person. This is part of Sim's Resonance Soul.
Doppelgangers are solid and can do just as much damage as the original, and have the ability to use the original's Resonance soul as their own.

Traditionally, how long a doppelganger remains solid is up to how much ki is placed into it. Most common, however, is the copy disappearing after it receives its first hit.

Energy
The use of the Resonance Soul and ki combined. Also synonymously used as ki, although wrongly. Energy more properly is defined as the strength of the will and the soul not related to physical means.

Host
A body or vessel for a soul.

Jade Armor
Part of Edmond Dantes' Resonance soul. The Jade armor is when the user's skin turns into Jade. In tradition, this is a defensive Rez. However, with a fist made of Jade, it could be used to enhance strength as well.

Kharma Goggles
A pair of Goggles commonly used by explorers to approximate the age of the soul residing in the body, it's last reincarnation, how many times it has reincarnated, what Resonance Soul is, and the ability to see the 'waves' of energy being used.

Ki
Ki is a type of energy that is related to the will and the soul, but not the Resonance Soul. Every person has ki, even one without a Rez. The more ki, the more amazing things a person can do. Some abilities can be mastered only using ki. These abilities are the enhancement of speed, strength, and agility. Although in more notable individuals and masters, can allow for teleportation, future sight, and inherent wisdom.
Some Resonance Souls may be the ability to do something one could do with ki, however in this case, the Rez would more specifically be able to do this ability without the use of ki. An example would be future sight.
Some people can do this through the mastering of their ki, while others will be born with the ability and can do so without the manipulation of any ki.

Each person has only a finite number of ki. Once the ki is expended, they must rest. How fast the ki repenishes itself depends on the will of the person utilizing it.

League, The
The League is the alliance between all Seekers and Monte Cristos, as well as some others, to make sure the Prophecies do not become true. They have made rules that must be followed, and if they are not, a death sentence is given. The League considers Soul Stealers and Pheonix Souls outcasts and betrayals of God which must be taken care of or exterminated.
The League is in order to make sure the Seekers and Monte Cristos stay on track and do their jobs, lest the world come into despair from one of the outcast Souls.

Limiter
A limiter is a generic term for items and/or devices that impair or limit one's ki user or Rez use. There are two types of common limiters, with many uncommon devices invented almost daily.
The two common limiters are Rez Suspensers, and Negators.

Monte Cristo/s
Monte Cristo is a small city called home by the most skilled fighters in the content. It is famous for taking in people who either do not have Resonance souls, or those with "weak" Resonance Souls, and turning them into skilled warriors who can hold their own.

The Monte Cristos, as a population, are contracted to find and kill the Pheonix by The League. Several fighters each year die for the cause, since the Pheonix is so powerful. When word came that the Pheonix Soul had reincarnated in Dexterity, most Monte Cristos did not want to go. Edmond Dantes took the initiative and was the first to travel where very few would follow. Because of this, he was honored with the title of The Count of Monte Cristo, and is expected to take care of the Pheonix's most current reincarnation.

Negator
A Negator is a type of limiter. The device has the power to completely negate both the user's ki and resonance soul, rendering them unusuable.
It is most often seen in use by mental hospitals, to prevent the patients from doing harm to others.

Pheonix Soul
The Pheonix Soul is considered the most powerful, most elusive, and most dangerous Resonance Soul. It is commonly shortened to simply "pheonix". It is a particularly old Soul, having been reincarnated many times before. All of its hosts have been destroyed, overcome with the Pheonix Soul.
The Pheonix Soul is one of the few souls with its own personality. It's goal is to be the destroyer of all humankind, to overcome the chains of Man. It wishes for all Resonance Souls to be free to roam without bodies.

This is why it plans to merge with the Soul Stealer. Should the Soul Stealer absorb the Pheonix, it is said the Pheonix will be able to take control of the Soul Stealer's body, and finally be able to reign destruction on the earth.

The powers of the Pheonix given to the host body are unmetered control of fire, and the ability to revive itself through flames, like a Phoenix. The host usually goes crazy with power, and is overcome by it, essentially blowing themselves up. In this fashion, the entire city is usually taken with them.
The other ways to kill a Pheonix host are a shot to the head and then cremation, or excessive cold.
Simply shooting the host in the head will render the Pheonix unable to revive itself and temporarily stop the reincarnation process, but as soon as the object is removed from the head, the host will come back to life.

Phone
A laptop with the ability to call other people's computers. There are no real telephone lines in the world anymore.

Prophecies, The
The Prophecies is the shorthand term for the fate of the Pheonix Soul and the Soul Stealer, sometimes wrongly used as a term to refer to the two souls themselves.

While there are many suspected prophecies, the most common and widely accepted is that the Pheonix will continue to reincarnate until it can find a host that is capable of holding it. The Pheonix seeks the Soul Stealer, and conversely, the Soul Stealer is irrevocably drawn to the Pheonix.
The Pheonix plans to merge with the Soul Stealer, and once it has done so, will have found its perfect host and be able to begin its reign of destruction.
The Monte Cristos have been contracted to kill the Pheonix at each reincarnation, but also to try and figure out a way to stop its cycle, and to stop its reincarnation. The Seekers were formed to find out and kill each Soul Stealer, to prevent the Soul Stealers from wreaking general havoc with their powers. The League manages the two groups and makes sure everything is in order.

The Prophecies is also used as a term to refer to all the above groups at once.
Reincarnate
Since matter is neither created nor destroyed, all Souls move from body to body. When a person dies, the soul immediately transfers to a new, unborn host.
While it is possible for personalities and memories of past lives to be retained within the soul through reincarnations, it is uncommon. Once a Soul is reincarnated, it is usually as a new slate.
The only two exceptions to this are the Pheonix and the Soul Stealer. These souls have their own personalities separate from the host body's. These souls learn through each reincarnation and are able to adapt.

Resonance Soul/Rez
Resonance Souls, sometimes referred to as Resonant Souls or Rez, are simply souls with an extra "power" attached to them.
The first Resonant Soul was birthed in Dexterity, though the entire world has Resonance Souls today. Not every soul is a Resonance Soul, and no one knows why the Resonance Souls came into being.

Powers a Resonance Soul can give the host can be as simple and useless as opening doors with the mind, or as complex and powerful as rewriting history. Psychics and people who could utilize telekinesis were considered historically primitive Resonance Souls.

Resonance Souls are scientifically unexplainable and unpredictable. They do not have to make sense, and usually don't. No two resonance souls are the same, however, some can be so similar it is hard to tell the difference between them. For example, Controlling Electricity is different from controlling lightning.

Each Resonance Soul has it's own drawbacks and limits. Stronger Resonance Souls usually have much worse drawbacks. For example, the Decay Arm will decrease the lifespan of its host when it is used, while the Jade Armor will only leave its host slightly tired.

Resonance Souls are not particularly characteristic of a "real" soul, and do not have the personality of the host. Sometimes a Resonance Soul is referred to as something completely separate from a person's real soul. There is a debate if they are truly separate, but no one knows for sure.
Regardless of this, Resonance Souls usually do have patterns in the hosts they reincarnate into.

The Decay Arm is known for taking on naturally talented people, who also have an anger problem. The Doppelganger usually take on hosts that are prone to jealousy.

RezSuspend
The ResSuspend is a sort of limiter invented by three citizens of Dexterity: Roy, Mercain, and Amigo.
Unlike traditional limiters that are small or worn, this device resembles a generator and has the ability to disable Resonance Souls within a certain area.
Rez Suspenders
A type of commonly used limiter, this device is small and will disable the power of a Resonance Soul. It will not, however, disrupt Ki.

Seeker/s
Seekers are people who have been trained to kill the Soul Stealer. They have been brought up to utilize many tools and methods in order to capture the Soul Stealer, as well as kill it.
They have also been brought up to recognize the Soul Stealer's particular Resonance Soul from any other. If the Soul Stealer uses his powers, the Seekers will know from miles away and go in that direction.

While there are many people who unofficially call themselves Seekers, the true Seekers have been contracted by The League.

Sin
Not until past chapter 16. =)

Soul
The Soul is the essence of a person. It contains, or is theorized to contain, a person's personality, emotions, lifeforce, spirituality, morals, and/or very being. The soul is something that everyone knows exists, but no one knows for sure what it is for. It is argued that a Resonance Soul is simple a normal soul with an added bonus. Others Argue that a normal soul and a Resonance Soul are separate things, housed in the same body. Even with the Soul Stealer, neither argument has been confirmed, and many are still unsure on the subject.

Soul Stealer
The Soul Stealer is considered to be the best companion for the Pheonix Soul. The Soul Stealer refers both to the Resonance soul that is able to steal other resonance souls and combine with them, producing more powers for the host, as well as the host of the Soul Stealing Soul.

There are many prophecies and stories regarding the Soul Stealer, but the most common one is that it will become irrevocably drawn toward the Pheonix Soul, and attempt to absorb it.

There have only been three Soul Stealers, and as such is considered a 'new' soul. Q is the fourth Soul Stealer. All Soul Stealers aside from the current incarnation have never lived past 16. All Soul Stealers are male (so far).

The first Soul Stealer went mad with power, absorbing all souls it could. It managed to accumulate about thirty Resonance Souls before the host went insane and killed himself.
The second Soul Stealer, having learned from the first, was modest in its Rez use and became good friends with the Pheonix. This Soul Stealer was able to partially absorb the Pheonix, resulting in two hosts with the ability to use fire. It had no ability to regenerate however, and was murdered before it was fully able to absorb the Pheonix. This particular case was why the League was formed.

The third Soul Stealer, instead of absorbing souls into himself, chose to switch souls and hosts. This evoked massed confusion. The Soul Stealer went insane and was murdered, but not before finding out that placing two souls in one body would automatically kill the host, unless one of the souls was not a Resonance Soul(that particular situation resulted in a split personality disorder).

The Soul Stealers main power is to take souls and displace them. Put them into other bodies, or into their own body. The Soul Stealer is limited in the fact that it cannot throw souls anywhere; it cannot bring them to the afterlife nor place them in non-living things or non-sentinent beings. While the Soul Stealer can manipulate Souls of humans that have no Rez, it can only manipulate the souls of animals with Rez. (Animals With Rez are particular rare, however).

When the Soul Stealer steals a soul and places it into his own body, the souls merge together. The Host of the Soul Stealer takes on a few personality traits of the host of the soul it has just stolen, as well as the ability to use the previous host's resonance Soul power. In theory, the Soul Stealer could accumulate unlimited Resonance Souls and use them all at once, however it has never gotten very far, as is documented by the first Soul Stealer.

It was found that if a Soul Stealer absorbed a Resonance Soul into itself, the Soul would not reincarnate with the Soul Stealer. No one knows for sure what happens to the merged souls, but none of them have been seen since they were absorbed, and each new Soul Stealer starts anew with a clean slate, ready to absorb more souls.

One prophecy stated the Soul Stealer is the ultimate enemy to the Pheonix Soul. If the Soul Stealer is able to absorb the Pheonix Soul, and then die, the curse of the Pheonix will be gone forever.
While this prophecy has a belief, it does not hold as large as a following as the prophecy stating the Pheonix will take over the Soul Stealer and commence massive destruction.

Wind Soul
This soul controls wind. Historically given to rather calm individuals, the Wind Soul is, as its name implies, is the Resonance Soul with the ability to control any form of wind.
Whenever this soul is reincarnated, the host is feared, as most hosts learn to master the power quickly and can use it effectively, reigning destruction with tornadoes or even hurricanes.
The current host is Ismaru, and unlike his predessors, seems uninterested and unable to control his Rez like his ancestors.  

[Q]

Elder

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:13 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:14 pm

[Q]

Elder

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:16 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:17 pm

[Q]

Elder

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:18 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:19 pm

[Q]

Elder

[Q]

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I Am Me!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff