[PRP] A Dreamer and a Proud Heart

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheare

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:53 am
Quote:
The sun was setting. The pink lion desperately searched for someplace safe to sleep for the night, but all he found was a watering hole. No place could be less safe, he thought, but it had been so long since he had a good drink of water. He padded over to the edge of the small pool and drank, thinking to himself how wonderful it was that he had gone all day without fainting or
Collapsing from exhaustion. He was finally beginning to pace himself well enough that his illness wasn't quite so obvious, though he made little progress each day, he just wanted to stay alive at this point.

Quote:
The brown princess was bored. She spent her whole life just wandering around the prides lands, her head in the clouds not really paying attention to anything that happened. Her father was rumoured to be a murderer but she refused to believe it. She loved her father and she loved her mother. She didn't care if her brother took the rule believing their father to be a killer. She was happy to be in
her own world where her grandmother had died because of a stupid male who had made her pregnant, came back to find her, found her with cubs and killed her. Made much more sense!

It wasn't really surprising that she was the one heading towards the watering hole, she loved the area. It was where she spent most of her time, just because she could see her reflection and the water made funny images
with the ripples and it fed her imagination.

Quote:
Genge finished his drink and looked up. To his surprise, another lion was coming toward him! He stood up, rather too quickly too, and became dizzy for a moment. He spread out his forepaws to keep his balance until it passed, and he let out a low growl. It was frustrating to deal with such things, but at least he hadn't passed out this time.

Putting that aside, Genge carefully made his way
Toward the new lioness. She seemed friendly enough, at least, she hadn't attacked him yet.

"Hey." He said softly, "Who are you?" It was unlike him to approach strangers, but he was beginning to get lonely. He hadn't talked to anyone in some time, and he felt that he needed someone to talk to.

Quote:
She hadn't seen him and it was confusing
that another would come upto her, no one spoke to her normally, maybe because she was known for being in another world most of the time.

"Oh hey. I am Amira, who are you?" She thought she would be polite. He was a strange looking lion, never seen one like him around here before. Maybe he was new to the area?

"You live around here? I haven't seen you before!" She spoke sweetly as she always did.

Quote:
"Genge." He said simply, shifting nervously a bit. He was always a bit awkward around anyone new.

"No, I don't really live anywhere any more." He shrugged. He wanted to go home, but at the moment he was too proud to admit it. Besides, he couldn't very well go back without having proved himself. No, crawling back after so short a time would show his weakness, and give them another excuse to
continue sheltering him. No, he'd only return home once he was older. Maybe he'd even be stronger, or have overcome his illness entirely! an impossible feat, of course, but Genge needed some hope to cling to.

"I guess you live here, though?"

Quote:
"Live here, born here, raised here and everything else. My father was the king, my brother is the heir and everyone believes my father is a murderer. They lie though." She was being very clear that she didn't believe it and she was also talking alot, something she was also known for doing. She was a strange thing.

"Where were you born? It must be nice to travel. I want to leave this place.
Always dreamt about leaving, and seeing what was out there but never had a reason to leave. Hoped dad would come home but dont think he will..." She sighed and looked up at the sky.

"One day...."

She let a smile cross her maw as she sat down in front of the male. "Sooooo whats your story?"

Quote:
Genge blinked. This girl sure talked a lot. "How do you know they lie?" He didn't like the sound of a murderer, but it was clear that Amira wasn't dangerous.

"I was born in the Mteo'nyungu lands." He said simply, "Traveling is... Difficult." He found it a bit odd that she'd want to share so much about herself and in turn want to know so much about him. He wasn't entirely comfortable with
it, but she was so nice... It couldn't hurt, right?

"My story... Well, I have some sort of illness. It makes me really weak and small, and I'm always hurting." He shuddered, "My family thinks I can't do anything for myself, so I ran away." Genge paused. He didn't want this girl to run away from home like he had, but if she did, she'd surely have an easier time than he did. It couldn't hurt to talk with her about it.

"It's just that I got it from my grandmother, and I've seen how they treat her. They won't let her do anything, I don't want that. I don't need their help."

Quote:
"I know my dad." Was her answer to how she knew they weren't telling the truth about him.

"Well you seem to have done well. I don't know where your pride is but you made it here by yourself, sounds pretty good to me. How you going to prove them wrong then?" She was curious. She wasn't normally this chatty but then again she didn't like most that were in the pride.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:08 pm
Genge huffed quietly. He thought he had known HIS dad, but nothing was ever good enough for him. He was ashamed to have such a weak thing like Genge for a son... And probably angered by his defiance. Genge was disgusted by his father.

"I guess that works." He mumbled, keeping his thoughts to himself.

"You should have seen me a few days ago." Genge chuckled, "I could barely stand." In truth, he was deeply embarrassed by his near-death experience, but his friend Mawi, who had saved him, had taught him to try to not take things too seriously.

"I don't know, to be honest." Genge blinked. He hadn't given it much thought, but it seemed that he'd have to do something pretty amazing to earn his family's respect. "I think... I'll come back strong, and maybe with a big kill or something." He smiled, liking the sound of that. "Yeah, and maybe I'll bring some new lions to the pride even!"

Atheare

Remove

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:55 pm
Amira chuckled looking at the male. He was a funny thing.

"A big kill? Whats that going to prove! Strength isn't everything you know. Just because a lion is strong doesn't make him decent." She smiled and licked at her paw a little, happy to have someone she could talk to.

"Your heart is what is important, after all who you are and how you treat others makes more of a difference! Hey I will come back with you, then you will have someone, it will prove that you are a good lion too!" Amira chuckled somewhat.

"After all what are friends for?" She giggled somewhat. Genge was an interesting lion!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:32 pm
Genge's eyes widened curiously. She didn't think strength was important? "Decent? I guess you're right, but... I don't know, everyone in my family is strong except for me." He didn't sound convinced, but tried to keep his hopes up.

"My heart..." Genge wondered for a moment about that. "I guess I've got a good heart." He stared at her for a short while, dumbfounded. Had she just offered to go with him? "You will? Just like that? What about your family, and your life?"

It astounded him that someone would just leave like that, though he kept in mind that he had done the same thing. Still, he had at least had a reason. Perhaps it would be nice to have some good company, though, while making the journey home.

Genge beamed, "You're welcome to come if you want, Amira."

Atheare

Remove

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:14 am
Amira nodded as he seemed to make his way through what she said. He then seemed quite shocked which in turn shocked Amira. She didn't think it was that odd to just leave.

"Father is no longer here and well, I can't stand the others accusing him so I will happily leave. I can start a new life and anyway, I will always havve my dreams." Amira found her dreams to be the most important thing to her. Thats how she lived with her head in the clouds.

"Good, when do we leave?" She chuckled a little, her tail flicking out behind her.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:05 am
Genge smiled. Amira was just so... Likable. Quite unlike most of the lions he had met in his travels.

"I suppose that makes sense." Genge knew that if he were attached to his family, or anyone for that matter, and they were gone, he'd probably want to leave too. His physical limits might have stopped him, but Amira was healthy, so that did not affect her in the least.

"We can leave when ever you want." He shrugged, "Now, even, if you wanted to. Or we could leave in a day or two if you would prefer that." It didn't really matter to him when they left. He was just glad to have someone he could be with, no matter where they went or when they went there. It was a nice feeling, having a friend who was willing to do that for you.

Atheare

Remove

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:53 pm
"We can leave now, I don't mind!" She smiled happily and chuckled a little.

She was finally going to be free of the Kusuni lands and though she wished to tell her siblings that she was leaving, she didn't rreally mind that much after all. She was going to leave the lies about her father which was the best thing ever. Maybe she would even find her father again? Oh wouldn't that be amazing.

"Lead the way Genge!!!"

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff