[PRP] Making things official

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:07 pm
Daytime here was much easier to get around.

Avani was getting used to the whole swamp area, and Gharadi had even taught her a lot of the culture; she was getting it, and she was.. quite happy about it. The pride was great, and Avani would be happy to convert to its religion, settle in and finish her traveling for good. She knew enough to feel comfortable with it, and though at first, swamps weren't her happy place, she was growing rather fond of it. Still hadn't met all of Gharadi's kids-- only Moyo, seeing as she didn't want to move in, at least not till she was actually in the pride.

And he'd told her about Amadet, their mother. The kids thought of Gharadi as their dad, and Amadet had obviously been their mother.. And Avani couldn't just expect them to leap for joy about her showing up! She'd also learned about the whole naming thing, and after some talking, they'd actually settled on something. However, she still needed one thing.

To meet the leader-- or rather, the queen, as Gharadi had said.

Today, though, she was just lying on a log, happily stretched out in the morning sun that had managed to drift through the branches. It was nice to be lazy. Avani yawned, tapping a claw on the bark for a moment, one thing she hadn't fully got here.. hunting. She didn't spend the time here 24-7, and usually either Gharadi magically came up with food, or she'd come from outside with it. Maybe she'd ask Gharadi later today, or some pride member could help her with that; after all, when she joined, she'd probably be expected to do more than just lying around all day!

With a yawn, the lioness slid off the log onto the moist ground, the mud wasn't that deep or soft in this area. Maybe she'd meet one of the pride members today, if she looked around; so far, she'd only met Gharadi and Moyo!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 pm
Asali'jua just so happened to be doing something rather...un-Queenly, that morning. Well, perhaps not, for a Queen who ruled over a swampy kingdom. The aging lioness was hunting frogs for her breakfast, ambushing the amphibians and tossing them back whole. Frogs were, in her opinion, the tastiest morsels to be found anywhere. She'd developed an even greater taste for them while pregnant, and it had stuck - unlike the baby weight, thankfully.

There were, however, more important things than just frog-hunting to be done today. Her nephew had brought home a girl, after all, and Asali needed to meet her. And so, gulping down the chewed remains of one last frog, she set out to look.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:31 pm
Avani, completely unaware of the frog-hunting queen not-so-far off, just kept walking through the swamps. That is, until a frog-- no, perhaps more of a toad, just flopped out of nowhere(well, more like one of those overhanging branches that were oh-so-easy for anything to reach) onto her head. Then she stopped.

Not juuust because of the fact something big and.. cold had just landed on her head. Also because said big, cold thing could be.. maybe poisonous. Poinonous frogs weren't unheard of! Her mother had told her before about a friend of hers that'd gotten poisoned by an unhappy frog. How she wouldn't know, but she knew that it could happen.

So what did she do? Sit. And wait. for the frog to get bored and leave. Cause she wasn't gonna risk poking it off!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:45 pm
Most of the time, Asali knew what to expect, at least to some extent, but what she wasn't expecting was to see a lioness standing stock-still in the middle of the swamp with a frog on her head. Carefully keeping herself from giggling, she took a moment to observe the younger lioness before making herself known. "You know, I haven't seen anyone with a frog on their head since I saw my great aunt last."

"I didn't think I'd see it again so soon." Her chuckle was good-humored.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:45 am
Avani blinked, almost turning to inspect before remembering that the frog could get irritated by the movement. "I.. uh.. " She said carefully, trying to make sure not to move much. "I don't wanna poke it. My mother told me some frogs were poisonous. " She moved slowly, carefully to the side so she could try and get a look at the older lioness, brows quirked as the frog remained lazily on her head.

"So I thought I'd best wait for it to hop off on its own. "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:24 pm
"No need to worry," Asali chuckled, "That one's nothing to worry about. It's quite a tasty sort, actually. You might give it a try." Some people found the prospect of eating frogs disgusting - something which baffled her.  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces