Reply ~OOC Fun!~ Not into Rping?~OOC Fun!~
Forgotten Effigy - The Band

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DaxMaurier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:06 am
Well, I figured I'd give ya's another update on the band situation, well for anyone that cares anyways.
So as you may know, the band started off pretty shaky to say the least. Two guys that didn't know eachother, or any songs. We had started with a few covers, then moved onto our own stuff.
Recently we had a drummer jam with us for a night. It was a blast to say the least. Havin the drum line going to our trade mark song, myFriend Inside was awesome. But, his former band is gettin back together, so he had returned to them.
But, we did manage to track down a new drummer recently. We havn't had a chance to jam with him yet, thats comming this weekend, but I have a good feeling about it.
Recnetly I purchased a new mic from someone the next province over. Should be arriving today. With any luck, it will pose an improvment on the sound of my vocals. Curretly I am useing a doller store mic. The new mic, is very, very far above a doller store mic.
We also have a few new recordings done of four of our songs. My Love My Knife, myFriend Inside, Eyes, Love of Hate.
Normally when we recorded, the vocal track would over power the internal mic on my laptop, and we entered feedback city.
This time, we put the laptop on one side of the room and turned it to face away from us, Steve turned down his amp, as I did with my vocal amp, and I also stood on the opposite side of the room from the laptop. It seemed to work. Now, bare in mind, the recordings aren't perfect. After all, we are recording in a barn, useing the internal mic on a laptop. But given the situation, I don't think the recordings are half bad.
Aside from that, I'm going to be doing up a myspace music page soon for the band. The tracks we have recorded will be posted there as well for anyone who wants to hear them (ya can always pop me a message as well, and I will gladly email them)
Last but not least. After being "formed" since Oct., we finally have a name. As the title of this thread reads, we are 'Forgotten Effigy'.

Well, thats all I have for now.
Keep those horns held high, the volume up, and keep on rockin! |m|

-Dax  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:09 pm
crying heart heart heart heart  

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

DaxMaurier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:22 pm
Well, here it is. I got the myspace page done today.
http://www.myspace.com/theforgotteneffigy
And by done, I mean created. All thats on it right now is our tracks. And they will prolly be updated weekly as our progress grows  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:13 pm
Added another track to the myspace page.
Abysal Heart.
This is the slower version of the song, minus lyrics. Also on this night we had a different drummer come jam with us that night.  

DaxMaurier

DaxMaurier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:56 am
Well, Steve and I jammed last night.
I finally got to try out my new mic... Holy hell what a difference!
Havin never owned a 'real' mic before, I didn't fully understand what kind of a change I was in for, when going from a doller store mic, to a higher quality mic.
Well, I wont bore you with to many details, but I will say this. Normally when we jammed I had my amp (I don't have a pa system yet, so I use a guitar amp) turned up to anywhere from 7 to 10. When I plugged in my new mic, I only had to turn the amp up to 2.5, and that was more then enough power/volume. It was simply amazing.
Aside from that, Steve also brought out two new guitar tracks for me to write some lyrics to. One is quite heavy and fast, the other is slowed down abit, but seems to have some groove to it. Should be fun indeed!

Well, thats all I have for now.
Live Long. Rock Hard. And Keep Those Horn In The Air! |m|

Dax  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:43 pm
new pics added to the myspace site  

DaxMaurier

DaxMaurier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:41 am
A semi quick update.
After more then a month of ripping pain, my throat is fully healed, and seemingly stronger then before. The last jam session we had, I was holding screamins longer, growling deeper, able to flow with alot more speed and did not need to stop to take breaths as often.
With that said, my vocals has also taken a slight change in direction. For any hard core metal head here, you will probably enjoy this. After the last session I was told "Man... Your vocals are like old school Cannibal Corpse".
s**t... It doesn't get any better then that.
So I've decided to take a stronger turn on my vocals. Trying to hit the deeper tones, piled with some random high pitched inputs.
As far as my lyrics go, I'm in the process of writeing two new songs, and some ideas are developing for some more as well.
Aside from that, I re-wrote some parts of hte track The Love of Hate, and most of eYes. They both seem to flow alot better now, and have more power to them. The ending to eYes is just plain sick.
"There is no help, there is no peace... Your god is not here!" Followed by a few screams of "No God!" as deep as I can possibly get them.
And despite the fact that its still only the two of us... Steve and I, we may actually be hittin the stuido soon to get a few pro recordings done for the fun of it... See what we would sound like with some quality recordings.

Well, thats about it for now...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:30 pm
A heads up tp all my Metal heads out there....

Forgotten Effigy is slowly starting to gain power.
Over the weekend I went to a Local Show, where I ran into an old friend of mine, who was one the bass player for one of my towns best metal bands, The Bloodletting, and now plays bass in a new band call Magnum Opis.
Anyways, long tory short, we got to chatting, and he said that he would come on board and rip up some drums for us, and also said that he can prolly find us a bass player.
Aside from that, there have been a few re-writes to some of our songs, eYes, The Love of Hate and Abyssal Heart. All in all, they are right as f*ck now. The Love of Hate has becocme abit faster and more brutal then before. The first time we did the newer version of it, I really had to push my body to the limits to get the vocals out at a steady rate.

Also, there is a new song. I wrote it Thrusday night while working backshift at the store. It started with just random thought ut onto paper. No real structure, just the odd sentence and alterations to it.
Well, we played it when we jammed tonight. Amazing sums it up pretty well.
One shot, and we nailed it, which was awesome, considering it was the first time Steve heard the lyrics, and only the second time I heard the guitar track we used.
What started out as random notes on a peice of paper, has turned into our heaviest and most brutal song yet.
A small sample of he lyrics for you....
"Welcome to your nightmare - this world of torment
Welcome to your new home - violent pains awaits you here
Welcome to my world - you may never leave
Welcome to hell

Beg for mercy as I peel off your flesh
Cry in pain as I rip out your eyes
Let me hear you scream as I snap every bone
Pray to your lost god as I pull out your heart

I can smell the fear in your blood
I can taste the sweat on your flesh
I can hear the suffering in your breath
I brought you a gift - the gift of agony
Do you like it"

When we get a few jams in with our newly joined drummer, expect some new, better recordings... The drummer has access to a stuido.

Wel, thats all I really have to say for now.
So until next time.... Keep those horns held high, and keep rockin like its the end of the world!

D  

DaxMaurier

DaxMaurier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:40 pm
noe song, Retribution uploaded, and new recordings of the other songs.
Eyes has been renamed to Open Eyes, and My Love My Knife has been renamed to The Love of My Knife  
~OOC Fun!~ Not into Rping?~OOC Fun!~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games