Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Memoirs - - [old threads, party scrapbooks, etc]
Book Review Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I have:
  read the book - your review was right on!
  read the book - you are crazy!
  not read the book
View Results

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:00 pm
Welcome!

A nice, cozy place to come and discuss your thoughts on the book that I have reviewed in the newsletter. Have you read it? Do you agree...disagree? Comments, suggestions, complaints... please feel free!!!

May: The Witches’ God: Lord of the Dance

PREVIOUS DISCUSSIONS:

March: A Grimoire of Shadows
February: Triumph of the Moon
December: The Elements of Ritual
October: The Wiccan Mystic
September: Pagan Spirituality
August: Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft
June: Natural Witchery: Intuitive, Personal & Practical Magick
May: Trancing The Witch's Wheel
March: The Twelve Wild Swans
February: The Illustrated Guide to Wicca  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:18 pm
I'll see if I can sit and read this guy at a local bookstore. I don't own it myself nor will I buy it just to read it once. whee  

Starlock

Sky Raven Moon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:48 am
The book sounds interesting. I see about getting it and reading it this month. I'll let you know what I think about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:34 am
I have read Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft and I'll have to agree with you it does touch many of the basics in witchcraft. Its a pretty well rounded book.

The one thing I disliked about the book was that most of his information is coven based (wich isn't very helpful in my case) I also don't like that he is so strict with all his pratices (you can't do this or you have to do this way.) I guess I'm a little more flexable in my pratices.

Well that's why you read books from different authors so you get a well rounded information because you are not going to agree with everything someone says.

shaddowchild

Starlock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 pm
Ah, the reviewed book this issue (Pagan Spirituality) is among my favorites. It's very true that it is not a general appeal book and it is far from being 101 material. When I first picked up the book, I wasn't ready for it. It is, however, the ONLY book out there which seriously addresses spiritual development from a Neopagan perspective. While I found myself disagreeing with some of the paradigms they used, they're still useful tools for understanding things. This book would be of most use to people who are in a leadership position within the Neopagan community and serve as clergy to other individuals. It can also help jump-start your brain with ideas to enhance the spiritual core of personal practice. I know when I need that, I'll go back to this book. whee  
The Memoirs - - [old threads, party scrapbooks, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games