Submit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:23 pm
The dark male moved himself to the outskirts of the pride lands and sat, contemplating his new predicament. He was leaving in a day or two, to go with Tahka and his family into unknown lands, lands that would become home to him and many others that were somewhat rebelling against the pride lands and its queen.

He had to go, Tahka was his only friend and he never wanted to anger him.

With a deep sigh he looked up at the night’s sky, his brown eyes narrowing softly. Things were going to change soon.

Things had already changed drastically for a certain lioness. She had met with her daughter, whom until recently she had thought lost along with her son. Learning that they had formed a pride and being asked to join, at first she had agreed, but leaving the lands found her unable to stay away from the third home she'd ever known, and by far the one she loved the most. She'd reunited with her son here, gained a sister, raised two families, made so many friends and lost two cubs and the king that had welcomed them there. She'd witnessed her grandchildren's births here, seen off two of her oldest to their new lives, and gained a new purpose. And if Meilin came searching, she hoped that the other would know where to find her. Learning of her situation had been difficult, but with No and Kidondo on that, she trusted that her sister and family would be free soon.

Ausi wasn't ready to leave, and so her departure had been turned into just a brief visit instead. She was back home where she felt she belonged now. She just hoped that Sen would forgive her, and that Yue would understand.

She crossed into the borders greeted by one of the scouts and continued along the edge towards Pride Rock in the distance, not sure yet if she was ready to return to it. Instead for the moment she situated herself atop a much smaller bolder, staring at the pointed figure looming ahead. This was home now, but she didn't have a mate to return to anymore. They had grown apart, when she didn't know, but she felt she had long since given up waiting for him to appear on the horizon now. Even if or when he returned, the feelings weren't the same anymore. Was she to blame for not being faithful?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:27 pm
Though at first he didn’t notice her, the younger males eyes finally settled as he glanced backwards and smiled slightly at the approaching female. She didn’t seem harmful or of any threat so he didn’t bother moving, if anything he just looked back up at the sky and spoke out to her kindly.

“The night’s sky is very big and dark, and all the little stars make it seem so endless, don’t you think?”

he wasn’t the type to be rude unless someone gave him reason to. He was truly a softy.

"It's just testiment to all the loved ones that are up there looking after us." She replied equally polite and kind, letting crushed jade eyes flit towards his dark figure on the rock as she moved to settle comfortably, trying to disguise her heavy thoughts. "Maybe it is endless.... I can't imagine something so large having an edge. It even surpasses the horizon and the sun itself." At least it appeared as such, as the sun rose and sank on the horizon every day where as the sky went on seemingly forever beyond that.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:38 pm
“I’d like to think that everything can be endless.”

He replied and stood up. He was a soft color black with a tiny white marking upon his nose. He seemed very simple but his brown eyes seemed to dance within the moonlit night. Tilting his head at her he questioned her.

“What brings you all the way out here?”

“I’d like to think that everything can be endless.”

He replied and stood up. He was a soft color black with a tiny white marking upon his nose. He seemed very simple but his brown eyes seemed to dance within the moonlit night. Tilting his head at her he questioned her.

“What brings you all the way out here?”

"I'm from here, sort of... I'm just returning from seeing some of my children, though I don't know what it is I expect to return to. The den is empty and it seems like everyone has found their own lives." She restrained from saying more, but the words "I haven't seen my mate in ages" -almost- slipped from her tongue.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:44 pm
He smirked.

“Kids? I see.”

He had noticed her scars but he wouldn’t bother asking about them. Some pasts were best left back in the past. Moving himself to sit once more the young male nodded at her words and sighed.

“I see. I see. It’s hard when things change on you like that, I can understand. One day my mother just disappeared. Strangest thing but I somehow knew that day when I came home that she wouldn’t be there anymore. She never really wanted me, birthing me at such a young age. She still had a life to live.”

He paused and shared a glance wirh her, as if trying to let her know feeling that way was fine. Everything fell apart and got back together. It was life.

“Forgive me. I forgot to offer my name. Agro.”

He smiles sheepishly.

“And you are?”

She just smiled a little bit at his confirmation of her previous comment, her tail tuft flicking to one side.

She wasn't old by feline standards, but birthing three litters and going through as much as she had, she was starting to feel it, She was almost old enough to be Mufasa's age, or at least the age of some of the pridelander's who had lived through the plague, she had been a young adolescent when leaving the Mistweaver lands after all.

Ausi agreed. "It's difficult, yes... and at times it's very unfair, but it's life, and you learn to live with it. I'm sorry about your mother... you've handled it well it seems, though. And no need to apologize, I've forgotten the same, Argo. I'm Ausi'juu,"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:45 pm
“Ausi, its lovely being able to share this night with you. Won’t you sit with me?”

He had no real cruel bone in his body, and to think that he was about to join a gang of lions to band against this pride… well, that wasn’t him at all! But, he vowed to follow his friend, after all, Tahka saved his life.

Looking away from her now he smiled and looked back up, thinking about her words that she had spoken to him.

*AUSI POST MISSING HERE*

She smiled, nodded, and settled down next to him then. The night was peaceful enough, and warm, and it was as if they had the world to themselves for now. Everything was as it should be, and two strangers who felt nothing like it could enjoy the silent companionship and soft spoken conversations in the hushed still.

"Likewise, Argo... it feels like it's been much too long since anyone had the time to just sit and talk like this. It's so easy to feel lost among the crowd in this place."

She didn't say it with negative connotation though, she loved these lands and the life that had been made there, even if things weren't as they once were, at least she had the memories.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:58 pm
At her kind words and smile Agro shifted him closer to her and nuzzled his forehead along her neck softly, as if seeking comfort, even if only for a while. His muzzle opened slightly as he spoke out softly.

“Could you stay here with me until the sun settles again? I’d like my last memoirs here to be good ones. Maybe you can tell me all about you, your dreams, your goals, your life, your family. Stories, happy ones. Maybe.. just for while?"

In all truths Agro was very afraid of what would happen to him when he left, what would become of his life once he left this peaceful land. He knew that where he was going would be different.. but, he didn’t know how bad it would be. No yet at least.

“You are wonderful, Ausi, keep smiling, okay?”

He added with a soft chuckle, moving himself away from her. He circled a place within the grass before sitting down, resting himself. He left a place beside himself for her, just in case she decided to stay.

It felt strange receiving such shows of affection after so much time had passed, though she knew it was not for the same reasons, none the less it did cause a small contented purr to rumble from her chest and throat. It felt good to have that again even if just briefly. Her second litter hadn't seemed as close knit as their first, perhaps because of the lack of father figure... Maybe she just couldn't keep a family together like she used to?

Her eyes followed him as he stood and climbed from the rock, she herself also rising after he had settled down to join him again. Keep smiling. Perhaps that was why things seemed so bleak these days, she had not been able to find the strength to smile with two of her offspring gone missing, another off on a mission, her lover gone for his own, and her den feeling so empty.

In answer she silently moved into the grasses, getting comfortable again at his side, settling her head down on her paws as a final signal that she had no intention of leaving.

"Well... I'm not from here either... My sister and I were born in the Mistweavers, our father was a hunter for the Unity Walkers and our mother was a huntress for the Mistweavers. We left there with the family so that father could start his own pride as well."

Though she didn't know that this qualified as an entirely happy story, it did have a happy ending at least, relatively.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:00 pm
He didn’t know of the prides that she spoke of but he enjoyed hearing her story nonetheless. His ears twitched as he glanced at her and smiled.

“You know what I’m afraid of most?”

He asked her, though he knew she didn’t know.

“Being alone. When I leave I know I will feel that way, a lot. This isn’t how I wanted my life to be, you know? I wanted love, friends, family, and happiness always. But, fate has turned against me and now I must leave. I fear it.”

As he spoke he gazed out into the darkness and sighed, his dark eyes narrowing with every word he spoke.

“Promise me something?”

He asked after a few seconds of silence.

Her heart went out to him. She had felt that way before, it seemed inevitable they'd have so many feelings in common given her age, but to Ausi it spoke volumes. She related to him, that left her feeling more open and compassionate thatn even normally. She nuzzled his shoulder encouragingly.

"Yes...?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:45 am
“Promise me, this same time next week you’ll be waiting here for me, for when I return, just to see you.”

He smiled and nodded slowly.

“Give me something worth coming home to. Give me a smile and kind words..”

He started to trial off.

"... I will.... I promise." She leaned over, nudging his head with hers, giving her word. This young male who had suddenly found himself trapped in a situation that he could not get out of, out of debt, she could do nothing for him... at least not what she wished she could.

She would, however, keep the vow she'd just made to be there for him in a week, though it seemed a long wait. She'd return again in a few days and stay right here until she saw him come over the hill, and she'd stay the night with him.

How ironic, really, that she would become an insomniac for this stranger. She didn't mind, she'd once done so almost, for her daughter before. It seemed very long ago now...

"I'll be right here waiting for you."

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers