Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Shapeshifting Spell

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhaegar14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 pm
Hi everyone. This is a spell I found on the web, that lets you spiritually shapeshift into an animal to take on some of their characteristics. Let me make this explicitly clear; I DO NOT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT WITCHCRAFT OR SPELLCASTING! I cannot help you with this spell in any way, I just found it kind of interesting. I'm afraid you'll have to work out issues on your own.

Quote:
First of all, no matter what you do you are not going to physically turn into an animal, so just drop that idea right now. Shapeshifting is a reality though. It is done through visualization so that you may carry the power and abilities of an animal with you when you need it. Drawing the courage of a lion in the face of adversity is an example where you can draw on the power of an animal spirit in such a way. Shapeshifting is also a way of getting to know an animal better (the old walk a mile in their shoes bit or perhaps in this case it should be paws....) Finally shapeshifting allows you to take on animal form while on shamanic journeys or while you visit the astral plane.

To learn to shapeshift you should be in a place where you can meditate, but where there is enough room to move around. You should be dressed comfortably (or undressed comfortably, if that is your preference) so that you may move freely. Relax, close your eyes, call and greet the animal spirit you wish to shapeshift to. Let yourself become that animal in posture, stance, movement and sound. How does this animal see, hear, taste, touch, smell? What is it experiencing? Move as it would move. Become it with all the abandon of a small child. Experience it as long as you wish. When you choose thank the animal spirit that has helped guide you in learning its ways and then return to your human body. Write or draw your experiences if this helps you.

You can do this with as many creatures as you wish, getting comfortable with their different forms and abilities, so that if you are in need of their strengths you need only don them much as you would a mask. In fact masks have been used as a focus to help in the mindshift used in shapechanging and might be something you would like to try.

The ability to shapeshift can be very useful when you are doing shamanic journeying or astral traveling. If you come across a place where there is no way to continue because of a huge chasm you may choose to take on the form of a hawk or if you find a place too small to enter, become a mouse.

You should be careful not to take on any one form for too long. Changes in your abilities will happen with time, not by keeping the abilities of a certain animal with you at all times. Do not learn to depend on a mask to face the world for you might become the mask. Remember your parents asking you, while you had your face contorted into a nasty face, what would you do if your face froze that way? Although you will have the positive aspects of the creature you have chosen to keep on will also grow into the negative ones. It is all well and good to want the courage of a lion, but do you want the arrogance and pride with you at all times as well?

This spell was posted on "The Celtic Connection" Website by Wyldkat.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:07 pm
This pickled vegetable...

What practical applications could this spell have?

... could kick your a** !!

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:52 pm
Shape shifting in the astro plane is very useful. By shapeshifting allows us to not only take on the appearence of another animalo but thier sences and gifts as well. For example one is able to fly when they change into a bird. Shapeshifting is also useful for tricking anything trying to harm or kill you in the astro world.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:37 am
Shapeshifting can also be used in the middle world also known as the physical plane. Shapeshifting in the physical plane helps you take on charactistic of an animal to help with courage, wisdom, reflexes, stealth and much more. Shapeshifting brings you also closer to your animal totems and animals guides. Before shapeshifting, you need to remember to ask your animal totem or animal guide for permission to tramsform into them.  

Sky Raven Moon

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 pm
If all you need is courage then just YELL. YELL A LOT.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:10 pm
[-Erik-]

Today, you are well dressed with an awesome sword. Is it used for gathering courage while yelling as a display of heroism, saying "This is Sparta!!"  

Sky Raven Moon

Lily of the Sword

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:16 pm
Sky Raven Moon
[-Erik-]

Today, you are well dressed with an awesome sword. Is it used for gathering courage while yelling as a display of heroism, saying "This is Sparta!!"

XD So it's pretty much Gurren Laggan! If you need more power/strength/courage, just start yelling and you will get all you need. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:55 pm
hmmm, well idk if i asked permission but in my dream i was in the middle of a clearing and there was a young cheetah (it still had its silver mane) in front of me, i touched its forehead and i was the cheetah. It was amazing! I could run so fast, i even got tired out quick too. . . . there is nothing that descibes the cheetahs spirit qualities.  

Dusk Bloodstone

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items