PhiferWolf

"She is due any day now," the large lion spoke. His inky dark mane falling over his face as he walked, his head hanging slightly low. Usually, he would just hold it up defiantly against his companion's but his head had a heavy load. "And then I'll be a father, I mean, I have been a father before but... I mean, this would the first litter I'll be fathering. I don't even know how many we are having. I have no idea what will go on with her, but I do thank you for allow us to be here."

Sheng Kou, as he goes by Sheng while he was among the pride's territory, was obviously worried about Mwana's... or her pridal name, Fu Ren. She was pregnant since that night and since the realization had hit him... he was very cautious and overly protective over her. She wanted his cubs, she wanted to be wanted, and that was what he was going to give her. It took some time to actually convince himself to leave her alone, but Fuku was another reason. If he was around her, he is likely to bug her and piss her off and he would not be there to save the little thing. Though, he deserved what he got.

"What is going on now?"
wooga Paes

It hadn't been entirely unexpected.

An ear flicked casually to the side as the large lion had just been finishing his kill, a young goat, but enough for a snack nonetheless. Besides, these annoying beasts were hard to catch-- at least for now, and he might as well eat while he could. Trigger had popped up a couple moments ago and until then, Wei Gang, or Ahali'Bagawa, hadn't said much more than a greeting. He, however, had no 'awkward moments of silence'. It was just silence on times like that, hardly anything was awkward to him.

He also didn't smirk smugly at the way Sheng was acting right now. He knew it wasn't some victory to brag about, despite the looks. ahali was a terribly intelligent lion, and he knew exactly what did what, and when he should be smug and laughing at someones misfortune, or trying to understand it. "I see, " He said after a moment, pulling one of the premature horns of the goat, it'd snapped off when he'd made the kill.

"She did look pretty fat. " He said sarcastically, before actually looking at Trigger, his posture calm, but not exactly welcoming either. He looked perhaps indifferent, careless. Not that he would like it if something went wrong. "So you're worried of what? " He sighed, looking at the horn and running his claws against it, drawing a skinny line from the tip to the base, claw bumping over each little cylindrical row. "Its what happens. They get pregnant and have cubs. " He shrugged. "If anything, must be harder for them. "

PhiferWolf

He moved himself beside Wei Gang, and sighed. Simply flopping onto his back to look up to the sky, he was just gonna talk to get it off his chest rather than bottling it up. He was one to know when it came to bottling things... well, sort of. The last time he threw a tantrum was the day when he mated with Mwana. The last time he actually spoke about himself and his life was with Fuku and a little to the rogue female, Adia'dafina. He had almost forgotten about her but he cannot leave Mwana to find her and see how she is doing with her own litter who was also soon to be born. Two females, both pregnant. And what about that spineless lion Ushu? Was he still around? Back of his mind thoughts...

"She is fat, say that to her or any female and prepared to be hit. Or at least get scolded," he replied with a slight joking tone even if it were true. He had said it was once to Mwana and she refused to speak to him for the while. "But the fact is that I am going to be fathering a litter, don't really think I am up for the task and yet I am... if I wasn't ready, I would not have mated now would I? But what worries me is if she is ready for it..."

A pause.

"I have heard some females who died during the labor before," he finished. That was his main worry. Perhaps telling him that some of these said females were ones he was with before only told by others. He was sort of curious what Ahali would say if he knew about his life before his last.

wooga Paes
"I am absolutely terrified. " Ahali rolled his eyes, looking away from gang back to the goat horn, running his claws on it a few times. It might even come to a surprise when he opened his mouth again after a pause, like he hadn't even been listening. "Cubs don't worry me. They're born tiny and start growing up. Slow as hell. " He said this slightly bitter, though. He didn't speak of it much- -actually, never, but Ahali had been born tiny, which was one of the reasons he despised firekin. They'd put him down for it. And look how he ended up, larger than most! Psshh, oh karma, could either bite you in the behind, or give you a lift.

"you get used to them, its not hard. At first only Mwana will have to do anything at all for them, they usually only really need the female anyway. " You saw plenty more successful single mothers than fathers for a reason. "You just get used to it. " No, ahali had never been a father. He'd never really been interested in females that much, until Afu. But he did know how it went, partly by seeing and hearing, partly.. just by logic.

He did narrow his eyes at Sheng at the mention of Mwana dying at birth, furrowing his brows. "Mwana isn't going to die, " He said simply, an ear folding back. "The females that die in birth usually have.. issues. Either being terribly frail, injured, sick, or things of the sort. " He snorted, as if stating a true fact, even though healthy lionesses had probably died before, it was simply too unlikely and rare.

"Mwana is healthy enough. If lionesses died every single time they had cubs, then we wouldn't exist. " He shrugged, it had enough logic. It was too unlikely for a lioness to die during the birth-- much more likely was for a cub to die, or be stillborn.

PhiferWolf
"Don't give me lectures about cubs and females, Wei," he growled softly. "I know enough about them and how things worked and I have known females who were absolutely fine, almost perfect, and died as they gave birth. It was simply they were not ready for it. And above that, cubs can be affected if the female is stressed. You don't think Mwana's stressed?"

He sighed and relaxed down against the ground again, hopping that the passing sky would calm him some. To him, it seemed Mwana was always stressed about something or bothered or soemthing... it sometimes worried him what was on her mind and tried to pick at her to get the information from her. However, he was one to talk. He only talked about himself to a female he hardly knew. If Mwana had known, he was gonna get hurt and even more, cause her to stress and grow angry. Who knew how that would affect the cubs. The cubs. Mwana.

"Logic. Instinct. Both mean the same to me. Breeding is purely instinctual," The lion sat up some and looked over at him. "How about this, only give me lectures when you actually have gone through it yourself, then I'll consider your advice worthy of following," he playfully swatted him on the shoulder before looking up at the sky again.

"How's Afu?. . ." he asked drawing the attention away from his relationship to Ahali's.

wooga Paes
"If you don't want lectures, stop acting like you need them. " Gang said loudly, almost as if to drown out what Sheng had said, eyes staring unflinching at him, ears tipped in his direction; a sort of authority in this, but not exactly like he'd object too much if Sheng listened or not. This other male had always been a little too jumpy. An ear swished to the side as if to dismiss that, though. If Sheng brought it up again, it'd be ignored.

He blinked as his shoulder was struck-- not strong, but it didn't pull a bit of a sneer from the lion, as if he were considering wether to growl at this or not. Ahali wasn't some cuddly kitty you could toy with, as sarcastic and perhaps even playful as he may sometimes seem. "And you just said yourself you've never gone through the fathering. Ah! So now I'm mr. knows nothing? " He rolled his eyes. "I know more than you might think, and remember, you were the one that came to me, Sheng. " Even though Sheng was trying to lighten the mood a bit, Gang wasn't a fool, and he wouldn't fall for that. It was actually a serious enough topic for him to not ignore Sheng's actions.

At the lions attempt to draw the attention away, he chuckled slightly. "I'm not falling for that. " He smirked, throwing the bone aside. "But if you must know, all's fine. Nothing to declare. " He twitched his tailtip, sitting up. "As for your subject, " He sighed, eying the lion before him.

"You're no special case, Sheng. May not be me, but rest assured you're not the only one thats ever been through this. You're not the only lion who's worried about his mate, and cubs dying during the birth. It happens. But I don't see the advantage in expecting the worse. "

PhiferWolf
Sheng smirked and hit again, a little harder, no intention of actually inflicting harm on his friend. It was more to get his attention. The male didn't know too much about Ahali but he tried to make him get on his side. Or whoever got on who's good side worked. "I did not come here to rant and complain, I was looking for someone to listen to. If anyone, I would have just sought out Afu, but I just happened to come across you first," Sheng just smirked and responded with a similar expression as Ahali did; growling, glaring, and ears perked.

It was quickly dismissed as Ahali did.

He smirked and puffed a bit, "I have never fathered my own litter but that doesn't mean I didn't father before. You may not have known this but I do have a nephew who had visited me many times before as of late. You could say he is just an older lion, though not my own, he looks up to me as a father almost. I have thought him a thing or two. So it is not so much I can't father them, I am fully capable of raising them, it is getting my mind to think the same," he replied. He rolled up into a normal sitting position and looked over at the male and down to his kill. Now that he thought about it. It seemed like the times he did meet the male, he had something to scratch. Last time was a skull.

Sheng smirked.

"Come on, you cannot tell me you aren't doing anything with Afu. Not even a passing thought?" He smirked and poked at him. Now who was changing subjects? Or was he better at giving lectures than talking about himself. Or was it that he was embarassed to talk about Afu when his sister in law was pregnant with the male beside him. So that made Sheng and him brothers in law. That was interesting.

Scoffing.

"I am expecting the worse. Mwana would die as she gives birth to the cubs. The cubs die before they are born. And the worse case, she dies now thus killing the cubs too. I just wished I did not have to," he rubbed the back of his head and gave a growl. "Will you two be there for when she does give birth or is that against our pride's rule?"

[[Zeki: I look up to you as an Uncle! D< . . . >> ]]

wooga Paes
This time there actually was a snarl, but not one that could lead to anything else. He wouldn't say anything about it, nor respond to any attempt to pester him further; the message should be clear. Ahali wasn't interested in this game. Don't poke the bear and you won't get bit.

He didn't seem too surprised at the whole nephew thing. For all he knew, this lion had some gigantic extended family. Not that he cared. "Oh, what an inspiring story! Tell that to your cubs when they arrive. " He waves a paw melodramatically, as if his snarl had never happened. snarls were natural for him, not too big a deal. At least not snarls like that.

"Again with the Afu thing. " He snorted, though it was clear he wasn't put in a 'bad spot' because of it. That was the strange thing about Ahali; for how temperamental he may seem, he was hard to truly irate. "And again, nothing to declare. as for this 'passing though, " Oh, he knew exactly what Trigger meant. "Is none of your business. "

He twitched an ear at the next part. "So you're expecting me to call you a cute little cubby and comfort you and lubb you? " He made a rare voice-- the cutesy wootsy voice of DEATH. "Really, Trigger, " he said back to normal. Taunts were likewise common with him, so he wouldn't later be embarrassed by that. "buck up. You can't do anything. If you insist on thinking the worse, then live with it. Go snuggle up to Mwana and do whatever you two usually do if you're so convinced she's about to die. Its selfish, to think you're the only one thinking about the bad. Wonder how the female must feel? She's not getting dumber, and probably knows that other females die giving birth. " He narrowed his eyes now. More-so about himself. dammit, he looked like some sort of wedding counselor; sucks to be smart. "And I bet she's not moping about it. At least one of you are strong. And if she is moping about it, then go be the strong one and help her out. "

He contemplated leaving for a moment, the whole conversation was getting monotonous. But he wasn't through. "You shouldn't be here venting on me when she's oh-so-close to labor. "

And he did sort-of want to see Sheng's reaction.

PhiferWolf
"God damn it, Ahali, do you have to be so smart? Honestly, I may not be the smartest firefly in the night sky, but at least give me some credit for the things I say," he growled as he jerked himself up to a sitting position. He wasn't happy to reminded that he wasn't very smart himself. That would explain why he was reward with the House that represented strength. Sheng growled to himself.

"I am not usually one for relationships, I'll admit it. I tried hard to get her to talk to me and when she does, I feel like I actually did something but then she'll shut up about it again. Call me selfish if you like, often times, I am," he stands upon his feet and stretches out again.

The little talk of telling stories about the cub's cousin amused him a little, it was rewarded with a little smirk.

"It will become my, and Mwana's, business when our pride has cubs from your two even more so being part of one another's family," he smirked. Hopefully that stung a little to know that the two of them were related. Or at least reminded him of it.

With a scowl, he swatted Ahali harder this time. "Do. Not. EVER. Talk like that again, who could ever take you seriously if you did? You just lost fourteen respect points from your original. Good going, Afu is ranked higher than you."

He let out a laugh before dying to a soft sigh.

"I should be getting back to her. No doubt Fuku has gotten on her nerves," Sheng turned to his friend and smirked, "If you aren't there, I will drag the both of you there myself."

As the male of the Northern region of the pride turned to leave, he spoke over his shoulder in a more upbeat voice.

"At least I got you to listen to me without actually leaving. Maybe next time, I'll actually get you to talk like you don't have a stick shoved up you -"

The rest was drowned out as the male walked further away, the less could be heard. But one can assume what he said.

wooga Paes
"At least I am smart. and credit? Are you childish enough to need that? " Ahali yawned, ignoring the swat even though it was definitely registered in his mind. Trigger was disrespectful.. when the pride grew, this would probably have to change. "You're in no position to tell me what to do, Sheng. " Ahali sneered, standing up. Should Sheng swat him one more ime, he'd get one right back in the face. No claws, but an eyeopener nonetheless. Unlike Sheng, Ahali wasn't hesitant to invoking some damage.

It was a little mind-boggling, though. Ahali's fur remained flat and his muscles relaxed. He wasn't looking for a fight, and while one wasn't unexpected--they never were-- he didn't think it would happen.

"As for respect points, you lost more than I-- rather, yuo can count since the day we met. And gained some cry baby points. " He smirked. "As for Afu being higher ranked, I don't mind. " He twitched his tailtip. He didn't care what Trigger thought, because Trigger really didn't matter. He might even be better off finding someone else for the job, someone clearly less cubbish.

Soon enough Trigger was gone, not exactly to his relief, but ahali was glad for some silence again. He eyed the direction the lion vanished in for a moment longer, before blinking and looking back to what was left of the dead goat. Might as well take some for Afu. Without hesitation, he clampsd his mouth around the remains of its neck, effortlessly hauling to body up the rocky path.

-- fin <3 --