Reply [OOC] Archived [OOC]
[PRP] Children from the Grass [END]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kisoni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:32 am
That night they'd spent wrapped up in one another and talking long into the night. The talk wasn't pointed or.. even guided in anyway, just about everything and nothing at all. And they'd drifted off to sleep without ever really ending the conversation. It didn't matter, though.. they understood one another.

And today she thought she might recognize some structures. The lioness shifted their path and took him past a small waterhole.. that looked reminiscent of a place she'd once found her granddaughter had run to in sadness. "I think we might be close now," She glanced over her shoulder towards her.. her mate. The female smiled.

"Might be close to what?" Another voice piped up and a dark face popped up from the grass nearby, a red and peach mask so like her grandmother's marking the likewise similar ruby eyes.

Embamba was startled, but she conqoured that and straightened herself. "Odjit! ... " She lifted her head, "Where is your mother, dear."

"Ata is somewhere," the girl shrugged, then took in Issy's dark form beside Embamba. She considered him for a few minutes, before asking honestly, "Are you my father?"

Issy reminisced over the night, the conversation, everything that had passed between them. When he awoke, it was almost as if it were to an entirely new world. The smile on his face remained, her words lingering in his mind, and he couldn't keep his eyes from her for more than a few moments. He was a fool that was falling in love, but he welcomed it.

He had watched her scrutinize the places they passed, and as her words came out, he quirked a small brow. As far as he could tell, the lands were no different than his own, but if she thought it looked familiar, then it must be. "That's goo-"

His sentence broke off as he heard the smaller voice, his eyes shifting around until he found a figure that was as dark as his own. His eyebrow quirked, though he listened as the conversation passed on between the two. So.. this was Emba's granddaughter? As odd as that might have been to some, he really didn't mind in the slightest.

"What?" he asked as the little girl came out with that.. very random question. Although, given the color of their pelts, he could see where she was confused. "No, I'm afraid.. I'm not," though he said it with a little laugh, shaking his head.

"Oh... okay then," Odjit shrugged, not at all caring that she probably seemed more than a little strange. She waded out of the tall grass towards the two grown ups.

Emamba frowned, looking between her Issy and her granddaughter. The girl had a point, as strangely put as it was. She lowered her head to give Odjit's ear a n**, happy to see her at least, and smiled up at Issy, "Issy, this is my granddaughter, Odjit."

Emamba almost faltered, and sent Issy an apologetic smile for the next half of the introduction, "Odjit, darling, meet my very good friend, Isithunzi."

"Hi," She nodded and plopped right down at their feet. "You just look a lot like me, and my mom said my dad came from the outside and looks like I do.." Odjit looked up at her grandmother and frowned, "You went away for awhile. I saw you leave, but you didn't come back."

"Well.." embamba's ears twitched back. She looked guilty, almost laughably so, now. "there were.. some things that I had to take care of, darling. But I'm back now.. have you told you mother that I was gone?"

"No. She didn't ask."

Issy smiled in return to Embamba, for he knew the reason that he needed to be a 'good friend' for the moment. He wasn't sure Embamba was ready to face the grown members of her family - the last thing she needed was the little girl knowing, asking questions, and perhaps getting to the other members and being the cause for many rumors.

"It's very nice to meet you Odjit," he said with a dip of his head, the rusty mane ruffling and shifting as he did so. She was a cute little thing - and reminded him a lot of Embamba, though he was sure that was probably just the mask plastered over her face.

"Well, that's because.. I came from the outside," he nodded his head, giving a light shrug, "there are more lions with dark coats like ours out there." He didn't want to get her going on rogues, but it was the most polite way he could find to answer her question.

He glanced back at Emba as she talked with her granddaughter, his tail flickering behind him as he waited. He didn't want to interrupt them.

"There are?" Odjit titled her head. "Grandma always said i was special because i'm dark... like you. Are you special too?"

Glad that the girl had turned the topic, now that she had the information she needed, Embamba watched Issy for a moment. She broke into the conversation for a moment to give him a smile, "issy... would you mind waiting here for a short time. I'm going to try and find one or both of my daughters.. and... explain some things.."

"Well, your grandma mentioned to me how special you were, and that it was because you were dark," he said with a small grin, "I don't know if that means I'm special or not, though."

"Hm?" came the surprised word of the male, though he simply nodded. "Of course, of course," he said, without qualms. He knew what she needed to do, or at least figured that he did. "As long as Odjit here will keep me company?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:14 pm
"Okay!" The girl responded with anod. She was old enough to make her own decisions, and this stranger interested her anyway. She smiled as her grandmother gave her a lick to the forehead.

Embamba gave Issy a grateful smile, "i'll be back before sunset." She paused only a moment more, then padded off in the direction of the pridal den. Now that she'd gotten her bearings she knew exactly the direction to go.

Odjit watched Emamba leave, then looked up at her new step-grandfather. ".... are you sure you're not my dad?"

Issy smiled to himself as the young girl decided she'd keep him company - he really didn't want to wait all alone out here until sunset. In fact, he didn't want to wait alone in the middle of nowhere at all - especially if it meant Embamba was near, but he couldn't be with her. At least the cub would keep him company long enough for him to bear it. "Alright, see you then," he called after his mate, watching her disappear before he turned his attention down to his new step-granddaughter. What an odd thought.

"I'm pretty sure," he said with a chuckle, sitting down and looking down at her smaller figure. "I don't have any kids, and I'm sure I'd know if I was the dad of someone as pretty as you are."

"Oh i see," Odjit nodded a little. She looked around then grinned, "You wanna see something reaaaallyyy neat?"

Issy quirked a brow at the little runt, tail wavering behind him as he tried to decide just what she was up to. Of course, cubs were always in to something and he shouldn't be surprised, really. "Yeah, alright," he said with a lopsided grin, head tilting as he waited for the little cub to show him.

"its this way! Come on!" She bounded away in a heartbeat, runnning her way around the small waterhole. Up against the clif in the back of the little clearing, she jumped her way up on top of a section of boulders, then dived behind them. The cub didn't reappear.

Issy followed after her, his longer strides meaning that he didn't have to run so fast. Of course, he hadn't accounted for the little girl's energy, and by the time he got midway the boulders - she had already dissappeared.

His eyes widened, taking pause for a moment. If he lost Emba's granddaughter when he should have been watching her, he didn't want to think what she'd do to him. "Odjit?" he called, racing up to the top, afraid of what he might find.

A bit of mud came shooting up at him from Odjit's favorite hide away--a mud pool that didn't seem to want to dry up. She laughed, her mask and fur tottally caked with mud from her wallow already, and she went about trying to make another mud bomb in a hurried fashion.

He squinted his eyes shut as the mud squirted up in his face, coating his mug and part of his mane with the dark goop. As soon as he opened his eyes, however, he laughed and shook his head. Leaning down as far as he could reach, he scooped up the mud with a paw and flung a sheet of it in her direction. Then, with a little smirk, he ducked back behind the bolders, only daring to peer at her every few moments.

"AH!" Odjit squealed and ducked, but it was a happy sort of squeal. She'd decided almost immediatly that she liked this male, as quickly as any child is wont to do, and so he was the first adult she'd ever shown this place to. The girl quickly built herself a goopy, mud wall to hide behind and scooped up more to try and chunk at him when he appeared over his boulder.

He popped up over the boulder, letting his head get a little higher than he normally would have. With a smirk, he reached over the rocks, splashing a shower of mud in her direction.  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:18 pm
"EEE!" She laughed and squealed as they played, sending mud at him at random and didn't really care if she actually hit him or the boulder. Before long there was just as much mud outside the pool as there was inside of it, and she was like a little mud goblin in the pool. Finally, as the sun was turning golden on the horizon, she bounded up to his rock and jumped upon him herself. "RAWR!"

He gasped as she jumped upon him, his dark pelt almost as muddy as her own - at least from the waist up. He let out a dramatic groan, flopping with her into the pool and lying still beneath her body. He felt the mud creeping up his legs as he lay there, coating him even more thickly in the gunk - but he was commited to his act of playing dead.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" The girl sat upon his chest, half buried in his mud-clogged mane and crowed her triumph. "THE POWERFUL ODJIT WINS AGAIN!!" She bapped playfully at his nose, "You're fun!"

He chuckled as he popped open his eyes, bright green orbs lost in a sea of mud. "The powerful Odjit is pretty fun too," he said with a little smirk, dipping one paw into the mud and brining it up to drizzle a rain of goo down over her little head.

"HEEEYYY!" She laughed and shook herself, but didn't bother to move out of the way of the mud shower. Bits of mud and goop flew everywhere, and a tiny bit of her mask became apparant again. "That's mean!"

He laughed and squinted his eyes shut as she shook her head, protecting them from the droplets of mud that flew from her little head. He let his paw plop down into the mud, watching her with a tilted head. "I'm sorry for being mean then," he said, a pout on his mug. He was sure they were quite the scene - two black lions half covered in mud and lying in a pool of goop.

"its okay," She laughed and sat back down. "You're a fun kind of mean." There was a nod, then her ear raised as she heard something.

"Odjit? Issy?" Embamba called from the waterhole, looking about for the two she'd left behind a few hours before.

He laughed at her words and nodded, "well, I'm really glad that I'm a fun kind of mean then." His ears, however, swivelled as the familiar voice reached his ears.

He turned his eyes upon the little girl for a moment, frowning "what's your grandma going to think of you dragging me in here and getting me all dirty?" He pushed himself up so that she flopped back into the mud, starting to crawl out of the pool.

"That I'm a lot of fun?" She tried with a grin, jumping to her feet. She shook herself too and bounded up out of the pool using his back as a ladder. "GRANDMA!!"

Embamba turned just in time to see the two living mud balls lifting up out of the pool. Her brows raised and she had to laugh softly. "Well well... This wasn't what i'd expected when i left you two alone."

"Mud is fun though! You should try it some time!"

Issy laughed as she clambered up his back, managing to keep still long enough for her to get out. Then, he crawled out after her, giving his body a hard shake that send a good bit of the still dripping mud away. Then, he stalked after the cub towards his mate.

"Well, she told me she had something realy awesome to show me," he said with a shrug, an innocent grin splitting the mud that caked his face. He looked down at the little girl, reaching out to tussle her muddy head-fur.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:20 pm
She ducked under his paw, then pressed up against it and grinned at him. Wicked little beast that she was, the girl could actually be rather cute when she wanted to. "Its getting late.. i need to go back to Ata or she'll worry."

Embamba chuckled, "That's a good girl.. you go on now." The lioness watched her granddaughter run off into the grass, then gave another look at her mud covered mate. She sighed softly, but smiled, "seems as if we both had an insteresting day."

He watched the little girl meander off before turning to his mate, shrugging slowly. "Sorry, I like cubs," which was the truth, honestly. He had spent a lot of his time back home playing with cubs, more often than he talked to adults anyway. "I can't resist those cute little faces," he chuckled, resisting the urge to nuzzle up against her. For some reason, he didn't think she'd be too pleased with him if he did that. His eyes shifted towards the water hole, his tail flickering slightly. "I think.. I probably need a good bath."

His eyes turned back to her though, head tilted just slightly, "did everything go alright?"

"Probably," She agreed with a smile, "And I can't really fault you for liking my grandcub, you know." She settled down for a moment, sitting to regain some of her strength. "It went... alright. As good as could be expected. ... Would you mind staying out here tonight? we can talk to Warithi tomorrow."

He smiled in return at her, shaking his head slowly, "no, I suppose you can't." He watched her settle down, then perked his ears at her next words. "Of course not," he said with a shrug, glancing around, towards the horizon where the sun was setting low. "I'm going to go get a bath before the sun sets." He gave her a little smile, not daring touch her, and began to wade out into the waterhole.

He could do this, he thought, if this was a good day.

Embamba smiled and watched him. She laid down and rested her head on his paws. She'd made her daughters cry... but they seemed to be okay otherwise. It killed her to hurt them so... but what could she do? Embamba knew she couldn't deny her heart this and in truth she didn't want to. So, she let the wind sooth her and the sounds of her homeland and drifted off for a short nap.  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[OOC] Archived [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces