[PRP] Ok, Mr. Smarty-Pants (Taylor & Jaci) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rev311

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:19 pm
User Image

Taylor yet again was trudging through the forest, miserable and mumbling to herself about how horrible snow was. It was cold, it was wet, and it made everything look so stinking icky. But there was a good side to all this, because in a few months the snow was going to be melting and the weather would be warm once again. The brown mare couldn't wait for this to happened and hoped it would happen soon and quickly. She was so wrapped up in her thoughts...again, and again was not paying attention to anything going on around her.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A sigh lifted from the dark stallion, misty-green eyes watching in barely conscious attention as the breath twirled and puffed, crystallized, before fading into the still airs around him. As always, his hooves crunched and sank into the white powder and semi-solid blanket. It was a never ending rhythm he was beginning to think set the pace for his own heart. Step-fall, step-fall, step-fall... c-crunch, c-crunch, c-crunch... b-bum, b-bum, b-bum... Even breathing, even pulse, even pace -a seemingly never ending rhythm.

His ears twitched, however, gaze unfogging as he blinked and raised his head. What was it? A twitch of his ear, and he looked to the left. A blink, and he made out an equine figure against the white and gray background. Another twitch, another blink, and a flare of his nostrils as he took in the new scent wafting through the air -a normal breed. A Grounded. Cocking his head to the side, he made his way towards her, ears erect and pointed solely in her direction.

Her coloring was easy on the eyes -not the constant bright and flashy colors of those he seemed to mostly stumble across these days. Not to say she was plain, as he could make out the blue spots, along with blue-tipped hair and pure blue hooves. It was just a much lighter, pleasant combination. Or at least he didn't feel like he was gonna get blinded by both her and the snow.

Plus, he realized he missed the color of the soil after so long...

His steady pace took him into a respectful distance from her soon enough, his diagonal path straightening to sort of walk along side her. He could hear her mumbled, though nothing of the words she spoke. His brow furrowed slightly, expression shifting into one of curiosity. If he was one to judge by tone of voice -from what he could hear, anyways-, and the manner in which she walked... he would dare say she was upset about something.

But what? Well, one easy way to find out the answer to that...

"Pardon me, Miss -I hate to intrude, but is everything alright?" He glanced around, noting the slightly hidden obstacles here and there beneath the snow. His gaze turned back to her, a slight frown of possible concern marring his features. "With all due respect, I don't believe this is the best terrain to be spacing out on. It's still a good ways from the village from here, so to sprain an ankle or worse... Well, I'm sure the Kalona around here would be joyous with their fortune, at least."

No he wasn't trying to scare her, although it might seem it. Honestly, he was just advising her in the basic facts of the situation. Although... he could use a bit of work on his people skills.... ah well, no biggy, right?

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Rev311

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:40 pm
The brown mare jumped at the sound of the others voice right beside her. She hadn't noticed his approach at all and again berated herself mentally for being so careless as her compainion, Sadie, would have put it. Oh well, too late for it now. The best she could do was deal with the situation and take the consequences. "Geez! Don't you know it's not nice to sneak up on someone like that, right out of now where?" she said being a little bit snippy, even though she was to blame.

Looking the stallion over, she noticed he was mostly dark in color with lightly colored feet and a mark on his shoulder. He also had the most striking eyes she had ever seen. They were a rather bright sea green and seemed to be piercing when he looked at her. She had never seen another with eyes so bright as his.

After giving him the once over, she decided that he wasn't all that bad looking and didn't seem to be there to harm her otherwise, he wouldn't have made his presence known like he had done. "Everything is alright, thank you very much and I don't need you to tell me about spacing out and the terrain. I've done it plenty of times and nothing has happened to me thus far." she said kinf of matter-of-factly and gave a slight huff, just before she tripped and stumbled a bit. This was not a good thing, especially considering she was trying to look rather smart and independant.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:28 pm
He raised a brow to her quick words, though made no move of hostility towards her. Instead, he inclined his head in apology, even though inwardly he was laughing. If she'd been paying attention, she would have heard him coming -what if he'd been out to attack her? For argument's sake, she could be dead right now. So, in a way, he did her a favor, now didn't he? Or at least she should be counting her blessings he wasn't a meat eater.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." His voice was kept light, responding civilly to her despite her own tinge of rudeness. No need to be intentionally confrontational... "I simply meant to see if you were alright. Although, it seems my concern was needless." A shrug of his muscled shoulders, fur coat rippling slightly at the action. His gaze turned forward, angled to watch his step, picking his hooves up higher in some spots were necessary. After all, wouldn't look to good on his part if he became a hypocrite by slipping up himself, eh?

His ears still twitched in her direction, picking up the sounds of the beads in her mane and tail, along with the basic sounds of life -breathing, movement, so on and so forth. It was a nice little change, to hear another of his kind, not just the constant ghostly lands. Even if there wasn't pleasant conversation, though thankfully nothing really negative, just the fact there was something else to drown out the buzzing in his ears was a relief in itself. But this other also had a voice, and, if he might say so by first impressions, a bit of a streak in her. Not that such was ever a bad thing -just the opposite, in fact! People with streaks made the world just that much more interesting. A small smirk flickered over his face for but a moment before it melted into a rather innocent look at her words.

Did she think him rude for coming over to make sure she was alright? That his concern was ill placed? How cruel... however, karma seemed to side with him as he watched her trip, brow raised again in a sort of mocking question. "I didn't mean to offend you, I promise you that. But, if I may, you might be in a bit of luck I came along. I've seen bears around here, and have heard enough unpleasant stories about... well, there are worse things than bears creeping around these lands," he amended on a bitter note, lips peeling back from his teeth in a disgusted grimace. Demons, shapeshifters... sure his mother had been part Kalona, which made him a degree of one as well -heck, his brother bore their wings!-, but that meant nothing in the long run. It offered him no protection, no source of advantage against them... although he was pretty fast.

He looked back to her, expression slipping back to its original, calmer self as he exhaled a breath. "At any rate, I'm here now, and so are you. Might we try to make the best of coincidence? I am Jaci, you are...?"

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Rev311

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:47 am
She sighed, knowing he was right. There were dangers out here far worse than just bears but she really didn't care too much about that. Her motto, so to speak, was you can't live your whole life scared. Nothing bad had ever happened to her before, atleast not that she could remember. Besides, her friend Sadie was always there too and made sure she was okay. So did she really need to worry about her safety?

She looked at him and shifted on her feet. She really didn't need to be so snippy to him. It really wasnt his fault that he had come across her. It was like he said, a mere coincidence that they might as well make the best of. "It's alright, I shouldn't be so snippy since it really isn't your fault that you happened to run into me. My name is Taylor, it is nice to meet you, Jaci." she said politely, like she had been taught.

He had said he hoped he hadn't offended her but it was her who hoped she hadn't offended him with her mouth. Sometimes it had a mind of its own....or she really needed to learn to think a bit before she opened it. That would be really helpful in future occurances.

"Anyway, what's a handsome stallion such as yourself doing out here all by his lonesome? I would think you would have some pretty mare hanging off your side or something." she said regaining her usual composure and letting the flirting slip out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:17 pm
The cooling of her temper made him relax further, glad to see she didn't feel it was required to be up at arms constantly. "It's fine, I assume you have you reasons, so it isn't my place to judge." He smiled lightly, welcoming the calmer conversation. "The feeling's mutual, Taylor."

Truth, really. Although he wasn't especially social, it was always rather refreshing to meet someone again. Strange though, how this winter landscape was source of most of his meetings. Pondering such occurrences, her question caught him off guard. Well, not the question -that was a natural thing to ask-, it was her additional words that made him raise a quick brow to her in slight alarm.

He never heard many comments towards his appearance like that, never mind so boldly... was there a point to her words, or was it just a natural part of her speech?

"I normally travel alone, it's just the way I am I suppose. Now and then I meet up with others, but it isn't long until we part ways again for various reasons," he replied honestly, shrugging his shoulders. "What of you, though? With a strong mind and quick tongue like yours, I've no doubt you've caught many a stallion's eye, so why do you choose to travel solo?" His tone was curious, though edged with playful mocking. He never was much of a successful flirt...

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Rev311

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm
She saw his smile and smiled back, glad for the change in conversation. In all truth, she was rather suprised it had carried on this long. Normally if she tried to talk to anyone back at her home, they would get annoyed and ignore her and walk way. They just were not very fun folk.

She smirked at the fleeting expression of alarm that crossed the stallions face. She had gotten him with her comment on his being alone. Though she couldn't understand why it had gotten that kind of reaction out of it. It intrigued her to continue on and find out more about this strange stallion.

His question that followed was a usual response. She asked why he was alone, it was only natural for him to ask the same. She smiled more and flicked her tail. "Oh I don't know. I guess that I am just not like other mares. It's true that I have more than likely caught many a stallions eye but I find it fun to flirt and see what I can get with it." she said pretty truthfully. She was very much a flirt and didn't find the thought of being with just one stallion too appealing...atleast not right now in her life. She was still so young and full of life and beauty, it would be a shame to waste it on just one. Though she was sure that if there was that one stallion who could woo her, she most likely could deal with being with him alone. It was just that none of the ones she had met had done that yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:44 pm
His gaze flickered away from her to the grounds before him, ears momentarily leaving the other in exchange for a sickly looking patch of grass and dirt beneath the umbrella of a large pine. Its lowest branches looked like they would just brush against the tops of his ears, though of course random variations might poke him in the eye if he wasn't careful.

He was at first hesitant to suggest they stop there and continue a conversation, momentarily unsure if that was the wisest plan. Perhaps that would be a sign to her to part ways? Or she might take him up on the offer, he who was rather sick of feeling nothing but bitter snow beneath his hooves. Relief came when he realized their current path would take them right under the tree, right into the frozen soil and dead grass -but at least there wasn't any snow!

Grateful, he turned back to Taylor in time to catch her slightly edging words. Amused, really, he raised a brow and cocked a smirk. She really was proving to be a fascinating little mare, that much was for certain. "Not like others, you say? I can see that... you seem to have a better head on your shoulders than majority. Or at least well enough to speak your mind, if I may." Was he perhaps being too bold with his open statements towards her perceived character? Perhaps. He wasn't normally one to paw at boundaries like this, always well aware of negative outcomes. And yet... could she blame him for his antics, when she herself was flicking and flirting and pressing towards equally shaky grounds?

"It will be interesting then, what you would do when you've come across one unwilling to let you just walk away like that."

Too bold. His expression remained cocky and confident, but within he was cursing himself and his slippery tongue. He picked up the pace a notch as they neared the tree, lowering his head a fraction to ensure he wouldn't snag himself on any branches -by either his mane or eyes, neither would be especially welcomed. A dark hoof scrapped against the rock-like dirt, eying it for any sign the small amount of visible vegetation was still edible. There was no need to risk one's health by ingesting moldy grains and grasses.

"Pardon my sudden stop, I simply missed the feel of soil beneath my hooves. Albeit, this is harder than rocks..." He stomped his hoof against it in example, not even a puff of dirt suggesting he did anything. Although there was a very shallow imprint of a hoof in the cement like soil.

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Rev311

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:32 pm
She had followed him, unconciously, to the patch of dirt that was under the pine tree. Unlike him, she was short enough not to have to worry about the long hanging branches of the tree. Not that she would even think about it or worry over it anyway even if she wasn't that short.

She too was glad for the change underneath her hooves. She absolutely hated the cold and snow and yet here she was, living in a land with tons of it.

"That's what I said but I don't know whether or not I have a good head on my shoulders as you say. Others have told me differently. As for speaking my mind, if it is a good thing, it should be kept in check since it could potentially get my in major trouble. Though I tend not to think about that and say what I please anyway." she stated rather matter-of-factly with a grin and a wink in response to his smirk.

Her boldness was just the way she was. It never occured to here that she may be pressing and pawing at boundries and putting herself on shaking ground. She just saw it as interesting conversation to pass the time and rid her of her constant boredom. She was unaware that even though the stallion was being so bold himself, that he may actually be causious as well.

"Someone unwilling to let me walk away, huh? Well, I don't know seeing as I have never run into such a stallion. They always seem to have other agendas and it's not like there aren't a million other mares out there to hold thier fancies once I am gone. So why should I care?" she said not really seeing his point but she really had to hand it to him. That was a really bold move, even for herself. Though she would have to thank him later. It never occured to her that there may be a stallion who wanted more than just the meaningless flirting she always gave them.

"Oh it doesn't bother me. I hate the cold and snow! It is horrid stuff that should have never been made in the first place."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:45 pm
"Perhaps I'm a tad unique in my way of thinking, but personally, I find speaking one's mind to be one of the strongest traits a person could have." He smiled though, chuckling at one fine point she made. "Although knowing the most tactful wording for your thoughts is perhaps the best skill for one such as yourself. Able to say whatever you wish... simply with a sweet little twist on tone and wording to avoid the brunt of trouble."

Experience in such? Why yes, he did! Really is useful when you enjoy watching others get oh so pissed off at you and all annoyed. Or perhaps that was part of his personality, to instigate things and watch where they're lead to. Learn what becomes of certain events and see the effects of certain words and actions. His gaze unclouded as his train of thought lifted, attention shifting back to the mare. Again, he pondered just where these conversations would go. Both were edging into excessively bold territory... who would be the first to feel the effects? The first to back down?

His smirk grew to her wink and grin, joined by the thought so blunt and simple: he sure as hell won't be the first.

The smirk relaxed into curious question, slightly perplexed and shocked by her views on stallions. Apparently it was up to him to squish that bad lighting her previous encounters had given rise to. What on earth could have caused such a harsh belief?

"True, some stallions are as such, but I must take back my comment about your good head if you continue to hold such a false belief on all." He straightened, head held high and tail swaying majestically -a pose of respect and honor. "If you but only flirt with them, and take none seriously, no one would question their trotting to another mare moment you leave. But if you give them a chance, and host an honest relationship... I give you my word only the foolish would glance at another mare. That, or the stupid. In which case, you're welcomed to do as you see fit to them." He made a snort of disgust at the thought of a stallion acting so barbarically.

"If you find one willing to chase after you, and do all he can to capture your heart... I think you'd be surprised how loyal a stallion can be."

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Rev311

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:25 pm
His last statement perplexed her. She had never really thought about giving a stallion a chance at a relationship with her. None had ever made the move in that direction with her and so she would just stop with the flirting and move on, figuring if they weren't going to make the move, why should she? Hence, she spent all pf her time with stallions flirting and waiting for them to make the move and it never happend.

"Yes, putting sweet little twists on things is normally how I avoid trouble. Your right on that aspect, as suppose." she said and gave a little yawn. Thier boldness was beginning to bore her but she wasn't ready to back down, though it would be a first if she did and it wouldn't be so bad back down from him.

"And I have to conceed your point about stallions, flirting and relationships. But..." she paused for a moment, thinking her thought through again before speaking. She wasn't sure of the out come if she said what she planned on saying but oh what the hell! One never knows the out come until it happens.

With a toss of her mane, she turned so that she was facing him and moved in closer to him so that their faces were just barely inches apart. "I have to ask...When is that stallion going to come along? The one who is not going to let me get away? Or do you think that you are that stallion?" she asked in a calm and even tone, staring point blank into his bright cyan eyes, waiting for his reaction.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:50 pm
His smile was genuine still, light and cheery as mirth slowly nestled its way past his usually more dominant "proper gent" nature. Could he help but let the slightly stony exterior crumble away now and then? What would be the point, in this mare's company? He held heavy doubts she meant him harm, and really... keeping a proverbial distance from others... it was growing tiring, lonely -obvious results, really. What harm would it bring to open up in personality to another? Least of all so far out here...

"Although, it could then be taken as flirting... but, then, I'd just be a pest for going down that route again, wouldn't I?" he laughed after but a moment's pause to ponder his words. He raised a brow, though, upon hearing her yawn, smile peaking into humorous disbelief. Was he that boring to her? How... interesting! Funny, really -he'd had people yell, people get annoyed, people all out walk away... but never get bored! Truly a fascinating experience.

He'd opened his mouth to respond to her first words, his own already poised at the tip of his tongue. When her pause was broken however, first by the action that swung her not only around to face him but questionably close -then by choice words that had his eyes widen for a fraction of a second and cause his heart to stop.

All for a fraction of a second, though.

No thundering pace returned in the halt's place, but instead the muscle returned to its almost normal beat -given, a small increase in pace, nothing more than a slight shock. His gaze turned not normal or alarmed, but narrowed ever so slightly into an expression of thought and calculations. Thought, predominantly.

Was he that stallion? He would find no fault in admitting he greatly enjoyed their time spent together thus far... if they were to lengthen the time together? No complaint. For what she was suggesting...?

His expression lightened, self-assured smile and eyes a lit. His gaze cleared as he met her bright blue eyes. "And if I was, would you complain? I'm not one to back down from something I want, be they with mind or inanimate object. Would you be willing to put up with me, if I am?"

It was strange, but a part of him... a great part of him sang and pranced and stated with full force he was that stallion. Another though, a much smaller though still part of him... was hesitant. Not only from a need for her own response, but a question -was he sure? He'd traveled and traveled, seen the relationship of his parents... was he ready to settle down? Looking into those eyes, hearing her voice... his smile did not falter. Somehow, he didn't think "settle down" was the right term for a relationship with one such as Taylor.

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Rev311

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:51 pm
She watched him and caught that fraction of a second when his eyes widend and she thought her heart had stopped. Maybe she shouldn't have been so bold. She shouldn't have been so careless with her words, but why was she feeling like this? If it were any other stallion she would have cocked a grin at his hesitation and turned and walked away, but this time she wasn't.

She could tell he was thinking and taking in her words from the narrowing of her eyes. She was so stupid for letting her mouth get the best of her, yet again. Maybe she was actually wrong again for assuming that he ment more by his words than he actually did.

Then in the span of what seemed like forever, his expression lightend, and the tension in her body she hadn't realized was there eased. Then his words came to her ears and she too gave him a self-assured smile, quickly regaining her composure.

Would she complain if he was that staillion? No, she would not, he was handsome, she had to admit that, and he was intelligent. She had no doubt that he would be loyal, just by his words alone she could tell that. though she was slightly puzzled by his asking if she was will to put up with him. Was there more to him, something that he did not think she would like very much, that made him say such a thing?

"I can already tell that you are one of your word and that it is true when you say you are not one to back down. But do you really see my question as a challenge?" she asked. Maybe her words provoked him into thinking she was challenging him to tame her. She was not sure.

"As for complainging, the only thing I have complained about in our entire discussion was the weather. If you were, or should I say are, that stallion I would not complain is it would be the first time I have come across such a stallion. And if by putting up with you, you mean that you have some deep dark secret that I don't know about, that is not so easily answered." she then paused in her thought and took a step back and turned facing away from him, a rather bold and stupid move considering she did not know him so well as to give him her unprotected back.

"If you are that stallion, I just may be persuaded to give you a chance at winning me over. Give you a chance to convince me that it is actually worth it to stop flirting with other stallions and be loyal to one and it may even give you the chance to prove that not all stallions are interested in every mare they come by. Maybe you will change my beliefs." she finished, turning back around to face him again, this time not so close.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:22 pm
Her question to his own made him chuckle, an interesting reaction to his own ears considering the serious nature of the conversation.

"A challenge? No, not in the way you mean. I'm not one to back down if someone else tries to take away someone or something I want. So, if your flirting gave another stallion the wrong impression, I wouldn't stand around and do nothing about him, you see." His smile was both confident and challenging in its own right, yet laced still with an almost juvenile thrill. Could he help the that the idea of defending his own was exciting, the idea itself set down by childish games as a colt? Or perhaps the entire conversation in its entirety was what thrilled him, the idea that one chance meeting could chance a life forever.

It was now his chance to be confused, raising a light brow whilst still smiling all the same. Although he was without a doubt pleased to hear he was an individual, although it shocked him a bit at how much it pleased him to hear this and know he had a shot at her affection, if one was willing to let their mind follow such a path. Still though, her question of his words, although he had a ready answer... made him wonder. Did he have a secret? Of course, that would then say it was such a grand secret, it was secret even from himself.

His heritage? Perhaps, since it brought to question what any offspring of his might be -what if they bore the wings of the Wind or Kalona? It didn't happen very often, or so he'd heard, but it meant now and then... it was possible. Would she be offended or upset if such a thing happened? He wasn't even sure if he could give an answer to that. But was there anything else about him that was dark? "If I have a dark secret... then it is even hidden from my eyes," he began with an edge of caution, still forming the words in his head. "I will be blunt, I am always searching for more knowledge, and it is this that often seems to offend people most.

Perhaps, that is what I'm more wary of, of finding someone I care for... then watching them walk away when they can bare my temperament no more."

Speaking those words, a part of him trembled within. He knew that was the truth, or at least a portion of that "dark secret" somewhere in him. So... apparently, he had rejection issues..? There's something new to him.

He watched her small retreat, standing still and silent even as she turned her back to him. It was strange, to be offered such an unprotected side, especially when in all reality despite their conversation, they'd only just met. Was it boldness, confidence, or trust that made her act in this? He found it rather difficult to say.

Serious words that oddly relaxed him, softened him as she turned back towards him. He took a half-step back, one foreleg out stretched while the other rose towards his body as he bowed, head lowered in respect. "I'm glad to have the chance, Taylor. I don't see this as some small, off-handed task. I'm happy to have something so worth my time before me. And how knows," he rose at this, eyes dancing and smile soft, "perhaps you'll teach me something amazing as well."

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Rev311

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:25 pm
So his deep dark secret was his thurst for knowledge and wantingness to learn? This was hardly at all a deep dark secret to her, though she was confused as to why this would offend others. Wasn't eveyone supposed to find some kind of knowledge in some form or another? Wasn't learning a good thing? Atleast that is what Sadie had always told her and now this stallion was telling her he had been persecuted for learning. It just did not make any sense to her.

"Your dark secret is that you are always in search of knowledge? That doesn't seem hardly like a deep dark secret to me. Though I don't quite understand why searching for more knowledge would offend some people since I was always told learning was a good thing and gaining knowledge was what one was supposed to do." she replied with a cocked brow.

She watched him as he bowed before her and she gave him a small nod and a soft smile as well. This was something she had seen Dustin do over and over again to ever mare he met. She wondered if Jaci did it to charm like Dustin or if he actually did it out of respect as she had learned that some do. Whatever the case the bow was not as important as the words he had spoken. "I should hope that you wouldn't think this as a small off-handed task!" she said with a snort and grin. "For this will not be no easy task, though I am glad you see me as worth your time and the flaterry is winning you brownie points in my book. But I am not sure if I am one who can teach you anything amazing. Normally, I end up being the one taught." she finished with a wink and a flick of her tail.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff