The Babel Tower: The Call of Oblivion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xoul Leonheart
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:20 am
It was the beginning of sunrise, 6am on the land of Avarail. Then sun slowly rose up into the sky, a beautiful sight from the top views of Avarail. The day was like any other, or so as they thought. That morning, the Horn of Morzok was blown throughout of Reavalon. It was heard from the Kingdom of Avarail to the Deserts of Tristan. Lucifer, was on the move to the Babel Tower. The guards of Avarail quickly dispached and prepared their chocobos, armoury and self-awareness for the upcoming battle. The Vayurath Bell was rung in the City of Eragul. Xoul who was fast asleep alongside with Parle in his dorm, awaken from his sleep and heard the shouts of the castle knights.

Castle Knight: "The Horn of Morzok has been blown! Man your stations and prepare for battle!!"

A hasten knock was heard on Xoul's door, he got off his bed, slowly placing Parle on a soft pillow carefully not waking her up and answered the door. He looked out and saw a knight of his brigade saluting to him.

Xoul: "What is it soldier?"

Knight of Valkyrie: "Sir! I'm here to report that the Horn of Morzok has been blown and all Brigades must re-group outside of Falnith Castle to head towards Fort Drakengard. The war.. is about to begin sire.."

Xoul: "The Horn of Morzok... I see.. Very well, thank you, go back to your post. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Xoul bare naked walked towards his private armoury and wore his mythrill armor preparing himself for war. He searched for his weapons and noticed some was missing. It didn't matter, he took his favored katanas and summoned Azure.

Xoul: "Azure, are you ready?"

Azure: "All the way.."

Xoul walked towards the sleeping Parle, so relaxed and gentle on her sleep. Xoul smiled at her and kissed her forehead and whispered.

"I'll buy sometime and head towards Drakengard first.. I know I haven't been the best person for you.. but now.. I'm going to try and make things right.."

Xoul then walked towards the door with his dual katanas and armors. Heading for the heat of battle.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:06 am
Aoyaki was eating an apple when a guard ran up to her and bowed. "My lady, there's a war raging on right about now, so if you'd hurry up with that apple...? Head down to the training field please, if you may." He gestured at the ornate door.

"Uh..." Aoyaki crunched her apple and leaned against the table. "Alright, but I gotta wait for someone to come out of the toilet. I never fight without him. It's like he's my best friend. Of course, Eve, Terra and Xoul are my bestest buddies ever, but you know, you never leave home without an accessory, like a sword, or a knife, or you know, a stick you just found on the road. It could serve as a weapon too, I mean, you never know when some bandit is gonna attack you, or maybe even some sort of enemy that you've known since you were a little five year old kid? And then there's this other weapon, it's called the evil eye, you just lo--!!"

Raan came from behind and covered her mouth with his hand. "Um, I'm sorry, sir, she didn't take her pills. If you'll excuse us, we'll head over to the training field right away. Thank you for warning us." He dragged her by her arms as she struggled to steal more apples from the barrel in the kitchen. (Honestly, what is it with her and apples? Shush, Teri ain't telling.)

"Aoyaki. Listen to me, there's a battle raging on outside, you really don't wanna help the other Leonhearts out? I mean, they're family, you know? You and I have trained three years for this. What more is there for you to procrastinate?" He pulled her cheeks outwards with his hands.

"No, YOU need to listen to me! First off, if there's a battle raging on outside, why don't I hear any noise?! And of course I want to help my family! I didn't train just three years for this, and I barely even knew there was gonna be a war! How'd you expect me to react to this? I'm scared, you fool! Don't you get it?!" she huffed, breathing hard after delivering such a long speech. Her hands which held her swords trembled; apparently this news shocked her even more than Raan thought it would.

"I'm sorry, Aki. I didn't mean it that way. I know you're scared. If this helps, I am too. Everyone's nervous. But fear is what brings a fool down. So would you rather die fighting or die cowering in a corner?" he took her hands; they were cold. "I guess...maybe you're right." She mumbled, facing the floor.

He hugged her and signaled to her waiting (and rather amused) Brigade as they waited for this tirade to finish. "Head to the training field, go on."  

Azasael Leonheart
Vice Captain

Misabeli
Vice Captain

Tiny Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:44 am
"Let's see....ok...I have this...uh huh….bandages...yes...uh huh….ok…good.”

“Lady Evangeline”

“Er…what else. What else!! Think Evangeline think!!”

A knock on the door
“Lady Evangeline, are you inside?”

“Uh….yes. Holy water from Wingard. Uh….herbs. HERBS…Uh….checklist, where’s my checklist?? Ah, there. Found it. Ok…I’ve got this…yes yes…good.”

Another knock
“Lady Evangeline. Lady Evangeline!!”

“Ok…I’ve got enough for the guards and er…uh huh…got that…this….running low but it should be enough…ok…”

Another few knocks
“Lady Evangeline..there’s a war coming. Lady Eve-“

The door flung opened only to reveal a rather irritated Evangeline.
“AAAHHH SHUT UP WILL YA. I’M NOT DEAF!! I KNOW THE HORN SOUNDED NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY!!” Evangeline shouted at the guard.

Walking past him, Evangeline hurried down to the training field with a bundle full of things.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:58 am
Terra shot up as she heard the horn. "s**t..." she said as she stole some clothes and headed for her dorm, in a fast pace, She stripped, put on undergarments, mythril armour, tied her hair up, packed a s**t load of stuff into a pack. She bursted out of her dorm and went to down the training feild. "Damn that b*****d, should of woken me up!" she yelled.  

iParle
Vice Captain

Draev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:51 pm
Draev pressed through the bustling Eragul City with naught but his quest in mind. Even the wonders of seeing a thriving world so different from his secluded forest life weren't enough to give him pause. He felt slightly uncomfortable in his newly forged armor due the mass of onlookers and their piercing gaze at strange warrior arriving in their exuberent metropolis. This of course didn't matter once he arrived near Falnith Castle where he did not stand out as much. In fact his armor was very similar to the many knights he could see through the courtyard gates. As he approached the massive iron wrought perches adorning the gate he was approached by two guards.

"You there! What is your business at the castle? Do you not see that this is a time for war?" the guard pressed his questions with amusing authoritative pressure that Draev could only smile. Listening more clearly now he did notice the of what could be classified as the trumpets of war.

"I am sorry for my strange appearance at this time. I humbly request an audience with your strongest warriors." Draev responded with assurance despite this being his first actual conversation with any being besides his father. The second guard weighed in at his request.

"You seek the Leonhearts? The Crimson Knights? They have more important matters than to speak with every wannabe knight approaching the gates." this guard seemed more resolved in his stance and made Draev feel that his cause would be dissolved upon the whims of two lowly gate guards. Feeling like this was now all or nothing he peered through the gates seeking his answer. Just then he noticed in passerby a woman in pitch black hair and shining mythril armor speeding across the courtyard. Sensing she was of some importance he shouted out.

"PARDON MY INTRUSIONS! MAY I OFFER MY SERVICES TO YOUR KINGDOM?" hoping his words would reach her he set his quest on a ray of light as the guards now sought to restrain his sudden outburst.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:55 pm
Terra stopped and turned around and went to the guards. The guard looked her and he saw her temper was about to explode. "He is part of my brigade.. I let him go on a trip. Now let him threw and returned to your posts." she said, she looked at him. "You owe me." she said.  

iParle
Vice Captain

Draev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:45 pm
Feeling as though his parents were watching over him he proceeded through the gate to thank his savior. With a little smirk he bypassed the guards who were now apologizing profusely to the armored female.
"Thank you. My name is Draev. My services are yours so long as I can meet those that may assist me in my quest." He held out his hand in greeting and sighed silently to himself. Through his perception of the womans demeanor he started to wonder as to what he had just gotten himself into.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Terra glared at the guard to scram. "Names Terra." she smiled as she shook his hand.  

iParle
Vice Captain

Kyu Leonheart
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:58 pm
Kyu Leonheart was hiking around the mountains of Avarail when he heard the Horn of Morzok was blown. He in haste, raced down towards Falnith castle and assembled his Brigade, The Nexia Brigade, on the trainning field. He stood at a podium and watched all the forces of the Kingdom. There he saw the Ioi Azasael Brigade, The Boudreux Brigade, and the Alaisiagae Brigade ready to march. The other brigades seemed to still be in the armoury and preparing himself. The odd thing was he couldn't find Xoul, usually in this heat of battle he would be here with them. An Avarail guard was running towards Kyu, his face was pale and in shocked. "Have ease soldier, what's wrong?" Kyu asked him. "I-it's, Lord Xoul sir! H-He went ahead with his Brigade towards Drakengard!!" The Guard shivered as he told Kyu. Kyu stood shock and looked around shifting his head left and right. "No way.. He didn't just leave and expect to handle the first wave alone?! What is he thinking?!" Kyu thought to himself in confusion. Kyu then shouted to all the forces of Avarail, "All of you hurry and prepare! The Valkyrie Brigade has taken off without us! We must take haste or the Valkyrie Brigade wont make it alive from there!!". Kyu jumped down and dashed towards the stable, he took a vacant chocobo and headed for the Castle Gates leading out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:28 am
It was mid-day, Xoul and his Brigade, The Valkyrie Brigade was on their way towards Fort Drakengard, a defense point of the great Legion 15 years ago. They were not to far off the fort when they saw a huge army coming towards them from the east. Xoul stopped his brigade from the march and saw a single arrow heading their way. The arrow landed and one of the knights picked it up reading it.

Knight: "Greetings Warriors of the West, Brave Knights of Avrail. We are the Elven of the East from the great country of Wingard here to serve the battle once more alongside the humans. We are in great honor to been able to caught up to you. Long live the King of Avarail and his Royal Knights."

Xoul: "Send them back a greeting, tell them, We are glad to have you in combat once again brothers of the east. We are greatful for your help and are looking forward to fight alongside with you like how it was long back."

The Knight fired the same arrow with a the note of reply back to them. As soonas they recieved it the Elven bowed down from afar and continued their way towards fort Drakengard. Xoul and his brigade continued as well towards the fort with hopes of victory, and a bit of un-assurance in his heart. One of Xoul's loyal knight then asked him a question.

Knight of Valkyire: "Sire, I don't mean to question you, but why are we heading ahead from the other brigades?"

Xoul: "We can't afford to waste time, if we're late just by a minute, destruction and fall of the Legion will definitely happen. Besides, we'll fight off all demons as much as we can till they come, that way the others wouldn't have to have a hard time."

Xoul paused for awhile, closing his eye. Then he stopped and looked back with his chocobo looking at his Brigade. He grabbed one of his katanas and pointed it up.

Xoul: "Proud Knights of Valkyrie! I know you question my act on going forward without the other brigades, my intention is to get to Fort Drakengard and stall time as long as we can so the others wouldn't have to fight much, we can save more lives this way. Right now, i'm asking you, not as a leader but as a brother in arms. Are you still with me?!!"

Xoul shouted to his Knights. All his knights roared on the top of their lungs and clashed their sword and shield together.

Knights of Valkyrie: "TO THE END MY LORD!! TO VICTORY!!"

Xoul: "Now let's march! For Avarail!!"

Xoul and his brigade hasten their pace towards fort Drakengard, hoping it is not too late for them to stall time for the others. In the meantime, back on Avarail. King Glory went out of his throne room and walked towards the poarch where he saw all the Brigades lining up preapring to leave. King Glory knew about the leave of Xoul for he enocountered him in the morning before Xoul left.

Xoul: "My Lord, I'm going ahead.."

King Glory: "Yes Xoul, I understand.. Keep your head up boy.. It's going to be a bloody fight.."

Xoul: "Yes my Lord.. for Avarail.."

King Glory: "May the Aria spirits guide you.."

After the quick memory lane, King Glory shouted from his poarch.

King Glory: "Knights of Avarail!! The call of battle has begun!! The Horn of Morzok has been blown once more!! This is the time were we as Avarail act and fulfill our destinies! It is the time to protect our existance, to prevent the evil ones from ruling once again! Draw you swords! On guard you shields! and take down all enemies with all you might! Today, is the day, where you all will be remembered, the ones who fought bravely! There will be casualties, brothers who will might not last the fight, but their death will not be in vain, for victory!! is ours!!"  

Xoul Leonheart
Captain

Azasael Leonheart
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:01 am
"Forward arms! Atten-hut! March! Steady, men!" Raan yelled, nudging a knight into place as he trembled and dropped his swords. "Dude, get in line." he shook the poor knight's shoulders. "Chill, aiight? Fight for your right, yo."

"What?" Aoyaki slapped his arm. "I love her! I mean, Eve is like, mine. You HAVE to keep her safe, butch." To which Raan answered with a sigh. "Shut the hell up, Aoyaki. Damn, we're gonna have some fun with brutal forced marches, let the disembowelment begin. Dibs on their entrails!" he chuckled evilly and headed towards the front of the line.

"What's your problem, butch? Make me!" Aoyaki stuck her tongue out and accidentally smacked a knight beside her with her right elbow. "Oops, sorry, man." The knight picked himself up and started crying. "It's okay, my lady. But I forgot one thing; my mom didn't pack me enough blankets so I was terribly cold last night--!!" He was knocked out from behind.

"Why'd you have to choose all the sissies in your brigade, smartass?" Raan clunked her on the forehead with his sword hilt. "They just cry and cry and cry. You really rock at picking awesome knights, kid." Aoyaki shrugged and elbowed another knight up the chin as she raised her hand to rub her eye.

The knight fell to the ground; he'd hit his head on another knight's forehead. So they fell like dominoes, catch mah drift? Yeah, big ouchies and crying and tattling to mommies.

"I got a lacktomahknowledge." Aoyaki smirked at Raan. "Aiight, you ready?" She slung her sword behind her back, knocking out several more knights. "Oops. Sorry, buddy, that was absolutely not intended. Anyway, let's get on with cheering." Raan's eyes bugged. "C-Cheering?"

"Yeah, we're gonna cheer Xoul and Parle on. Watch em fight a little, then when they really need us, we'll jump in. For now, all the knigths get into their cheer outfits, fools. Whatchu waiting for? Jump, girls, jump! Spread those legs, yeah those amaaazing legs! Grab your pompoms annnnd FLY!"

Five minutes later, Ioi Azasael Brigade was running out into the training field with pompoms and cheer outfits, going: "RICKA RACKA FIRECRACKA SIS BOOM BAH! I-O-I, I-O-I, RAH, RAH, RAH!!!" The other brigades went like "Woah. Did you see them in those skimpy skirts? Man, I wish all of them were girls." Raan was left tied up in a corner, covered with cheerleader pompoms. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:42 am
After the handshake Draev looked up and around him. Realizing that now was really not best time for any more introductions he smiled with content and nodded. Spreading the elements of the situation out in his head he figured that by going to war with these knights he could prove his ability and become a hero. Maybe then they would offer him their services in avenging his fallen parents.

"Ok Terra. Lead the way." The guardian spirit of his mother swirled around him and up into his eyes with concern crossing her face. He looked back and said, "Not now Xala. I think this is the best course of action and I really cannot explain this. My gut tells me to go." Xala tightened herself around Draev in a loving embrace as he clenched Fury and Strife in preperation.

Over his head Xala had a look of mourning in her eyes. Oh how she yearned to tell Draev that she was his mother. Ever since taking this form when he was a child she knew that revealing herself would cause her to fade away. When he finally could see her and named her Xala she accepted if only to watch her son making sure he would stay from harms way. Now however she realized how much he had grown. He would make his own decisions and one day she would make one last sacrifice to save him, revealing herself, and disappearing forever.  

Draev

Misabeli
Vice Captain

Tiny Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 am
Evangeline hurried across the training field. One for the guards rushed up from her brigade and helped her with the buddle of things she was carrying.

“Phew, thanks.” Evangeline said as she walked beside the guard as he briefed her on everything. “Everything is in order Lady Evangeline. We are ready to go.”

Evangeline smiled and walked over to her bridge. Checking their weapons once again, Evangeline nodded and looked pleased.

“Hmm…did anyone of you see Xoul? He should be here already” Evangeline asked, looking around. Her pendant started to glow a bit and her hand reached for it.

“Something’s bad going to happen isn’t it?” Evangeline asked and before anyone could answer her, a guard ran up to her, panting.

“Lord…Lord Xoul….heading…brigade…there…” the guard said, unable to speak clearly but Evangeline knew what the guard was saying.

Taking a deep breath and calming herself, she pondered carefully if she should catch up with Xoul or stay here. Maybe even discussed it with others. Turning around, she said to her brigade “We are staying here.”

“But Lady Evangeline…Lord Xoul is out there and-”

“I know. But what can we do?? Go after him and get killed or get ambushed?” Evangeline asked calmly. “The only thing we can do is wait.” Evangeline said as she walked away.

“Damnit.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:44 pm
"Well yea..I'm kind of in a hurry so yea come on." she said and grabbed his rough hand into her soft yet rough hand and ran to the court yard with him and saw her brigade talking and snickering when she came into view. "Alright SHUT UP YOU PUSSYS!" she yelled and immediately shut them up. "Now You have better kissed your wives or your girlfriends good bye cause this is going to be a hell of a war." she said and pacing back and fourth. "And you have better came prepared, And I acknowledge I was late, But forget that. "She saw a few Solders looking at her boobs and she immediately got pissed and raised a finger, and a few Shards of ice shot to their heads and immediately started clutching their heads. "Now That is called Ice Shards: Ice Migraine, So if you stop looking at my boobs and wondering if I'm single, Maybe we can get the hell out of here." She said and released it. "Now MARCH!" She yelled, grabbed Draevs hand and lead him. "Start walking." she said and dragged him along.  

iParle
Vice Captain

Draev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:44 pm
From a proud stride to a comdeic drag, Draev was pulled against his will. Past the bustling courtyard onto the training field he was tossed into line like a hapless dog. The command she displayed was enough to make the bravest of men cower in fear. He began to respect her and wondered what type of fighter she was. Taking in her words he realized this should be an easy enough battle. He had nobody to see him off, to wish him well, or to pray for his return. With nothing to lose and everything to gain he would be unstoppable on the field. Taking one last look at her face he thought of one phrase.

"Terra the Tyrant."  
The World of Reavalon <Roleplay Forum>

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces