Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revengineer
Crew

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Remember that warm fuzzy feeling you got when you played Super Mario 64 for the first time? Nothing can ever recreate that feeling, but Super Mario Galaxy comes so close it almost brings a tear to your eye. A well-needed masterpiece to break away from the poor selection of Wii titles on the shelf, this game is a must have for anyone. Srsly. Go buy it now. :<

Unlike Twilight Princess where Nintendo hinted at orchestrated, in-game music and then scraped the idea, the majority of the music in Super Mario Galaxy is actually orchestrated (28 songs in all, and man can you tell). The worlds are bright and colorful and you'll run into some familiar faces, as well as new ones. The only thing you may have a problem with at first is the camera. Half of the time you can't rotate it, and other times you can't see where you're going (but usually only when you're going around a planet or something, which is to be expected).

And of course the gravity is awesome, the flying is awesome. There are so many things to do in this game you'll feel like it'll never end. You can beat the game with 60 stars but there are 120 in all. Once you get 120, you unlock a "super secret ending" and a certain someone.

ITT:
- Discussion of the game
- Game help
- Experiences
- Etc.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:37 pm
I know this is way late. But omg, I love this game! The new caps are so cool, and I like the innovations with gravity and such. And yes, Nintendo really did hit the big time with the orchestrated music.  

Rinkuxo

Invisible Explorer

The Arcade-General Gaming Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces