Reply The Archives :: Old Threads
[PRP] Pez Acquired Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:51 pm
She wasn't much of a primp and prime gal. In fact, Echo didn't like much jewelry or even 'rocks' for that matter. But it was for a friend that the woman found herself going to Twilight Designs, a jewelry store. No, it wasn't that kind of friend - she was currently and happily single - but it was one of those that you've been friends with forever but are seeing again now for the first time in years.

Echo did not know what exactly she wanted to get her friend, only that a necklace or bracelet or ring of some kind would have been ideal. And, she had heard that Twilight Designs was the place to go.

Without hesitation, the small woman walked into the shop and looked around. If she were a girl with a pretty-princess-complex, Echo would be in heaven. While she liked the occasional shiny, these things were simply not conventional in her life.

Echo walked over to the nearest case and peered through the glass. The person behind the desk didn't even register, she was too obsorbed in her mission.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:56 pm
The aforementioned person behind the desk was quite happy to go unnoticed, though he thought better of it when Athan came bustling into the room with an interesting book grasped in his hands and a leather pouch in the other.

"Reyna would you mind sorting this for me..?" he stated without bothering to glance up from his book until he nearly ran directly into Echo. "Oh excuse me, dear. I was not at all paying attention to where I was going. Do you require assistance?"

Mystic's gaze darkened somewhat. 'Reyna went to lunch. It's just me,' he muttered before casting a sidelong glance towards the young woman who had ventured into the shop, 'And a customer.'  

Reyna Crelos
Captain

Shameless Ladykiller

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:04 pm
Being bumped into is a bit more difficult to ignore. Doesn't help the man pretty much towered over her - nothing new there. Echo turned to him with as much a charming smile as she could muster as she met his gaze. She called it her 'elf smile' - you know the one: gentle, easy going, with a bit of reserve, but always quick to deliver. That, and it tended to make her look younger, even though she didn't need any help in that department. Echo had learned early on that people would rather be taking with someone they thought was 'young', even though it did sometimes result in them trying to push her around. Nevertheless, it was always the smile she unconsciously gave to strangers.

"Actually, sir, I would. My friend's birthday is coming up, and I haven't seen her in years. I wanted to get her something special, but I am afraid jewelry is simply not in my personal expertise." Echo had another problem with strangers upon a first meeting...occassionally she'd give more information than asked.

"Do you have any suggestions?" She turned her eyes back to the display, but soon they were looking back to the tall man, searching for some kind of guidance.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:12 pm
Athan smiled charmingly and ushered the young lady with a gentle hand upon her shoulder to the other side of the shop. In passing, he dropped the leather pouch that sounded with a 'thunk' atop the desk along with his book that had absorbed his attention fully not but a few minutes prior.

"Well. I would perhaps suggest something simple, yet elegant," he replied as he placed one hand flat against one of the tops to the glass display cases. A circle of glowing green appeared before the case simply slid open.

"Do you know if she prefers a certain color?" he asked simply.

Mystic resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He found it rather revolting how... disgustingly charming Athan could make himself appear. He knew better. Or perhaps he was simply biased and wished not to see it. Either way, he was doing his very best to ignore both the man in question and the customer.

Instead he decided to poke through the leather bag that Athan had indicated Reyna ought to sort through. He tentatively opened it before simply spilling the contents out onto the table. Stones! Dozens of brilliant, brightly colored stones.  

Reyna Crelos
Captain

Shameless Ladykiller

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:41 pm
Echo allowed herself to be lead. Not even an eyebrow arched at the situation at the case. She simply peered in.

"Nothing too elegenat," the woman chuckled a bit as her eyes sparkled impishly when she looked up at the man, "I don't want to outdo her boyfriend, he might get jealous!" And indeed, she knew him too, another good friend.

She looked back to the contents of the case. "She's a girl, so anything would do. I think she likes pinks and purples more, though...." Echo knew about rubies, but were there any other gems that were 'pink'?

The person at her desk still didn't catch her eye - there was something there before, she was sure of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:51 pm
"Very well, then," Athan replied as he retrieved a delicate looking sterling silver necklace. It had small, bright pink crystals dangling from it in varying lengths. "Simple, but not too elegant?" he smirked faintly as he held the necklace up for inspection.

His expression faded slightly about the edges as he felt a quiet something that he couldn't quite explain in words. He idly glanced back towards Mystic who had the same puzzled look on his face as he stared down at the piles of gems he had sorted into little sections by color, size, and type.

The shadow's head tilted curiously to the side before his bright violet eyes seemed to light up in recognition. One of the stones before him was attempting to awaken. But which one was it? He studied each gem with careful thought and tried to pinpoint exactly where that feeling was coming from.  

Reyna Crelos
Captain

Shameless Ladykiller

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:59 pm
"Hmmm..." Echo hummed quietly to herself as she looked at the necklace. The small woman leaned forward to get a better view. The lights reflected off the facets and her eyes twinkled along with the crystals.

She was thinking about her friend, going over conversations and subtle remarks from over the years. She didn't even notice that she no longer had the attention of her host. Echo liked how the small gems worked together with the thin wire. It gave the effect that the pink crystals floated instead of being interconnected.

Finally, she came to her conclusion and nodded. "Yes, I believe this would be perfect!" Echo exclaimed and took her eyes off the necklace. However, the man was not looking at her or even paying any attention. She thought she got single-minded at times. The woman cleared her throat to try again, and then followed his gaze to... the person at the desk.

He - she was sure it was a he - didn't have... a mouth! Echo stared in open shock and curiosity at the 'man' at the desk, who was also looked at something. Wow, that was quite a few gems in one spot.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:27 pm
Mystic's gaze flickered briefly towards Echo. Of course now she was intent on staring at him. A look that spoke of mischief was written across his face for the briefest of moments before it was gone and replaced with the same stoic, calm mask he usually had.

'Are you ready to purchase your gift?' he inquired in a quiet, soft telepathic voice.

Athan's face was largely unreadable. He seemed torn between trying to remain as the charming, pleasant shopkeeper and wanting to throttle Mystic for being as infuriating as his bond.  

Reyna Crelos
Captain

Shameless Ladykiller

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:35 pm
The corners of Echo's lips twitched up when she saw that flash of a look on that dark face. A small smile fully broke out when she heard the voice in her head. Under a different situation, she might have been offended, the telepathic voice might seem more offensive...but he had no mouth! It was rather endearing.

But she broke her gaze away, trying not to be rude, and looked back to the host. His once charming face had fallen to one that was difficult to read. Echo hoped at the back of her mind that it wasn't something she did. For some reason, she had a feeling that he was not a man you wanted to cross.

"Yes, I believe I would like to buy this. There wouldn't happen to be a matching bracelet, would there?" The woman cocked her head to the side as she looked up at him. Her eyes still smiled genuinely, for she was very glad to have found the perfect gift.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:48 pm
"Ah! Yes, there is," Athan answered as he focused once more upon the charming young lady before him. "There is also a set of earrings, should you be interested," he offered as he reached to retrieve the companion pieces that went with the necklace.

Mystic, however, turned his attention completely away from the both Athan and Echo. He could feel it more clearly now. It was like coming up for a breath of fresh air after being under water. It suddenly gasped, and then it was there.

A bright pink stone lifted itself in a dizzy little spin off of the desk as a frenzied swarm of shadow surrounded the gem. 'Well hello there, little one,' he murmured fondly. He always did enjoy witnessing an awakening.  

Reyna Crelos
Captain

Shameless Ladykiller

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:00 pm
Echo made a show to think over getting the whole set. Really, it was no contest - she was going to buy them all. What was it her mother was always trying to get her to do? Oh yes, bargain... well, Echo was a horrible bargainer. She could not do it to save her life if it ever depended on that ability.

All of a sudden, she was just so HAPPY to have found a full set. Just imagining how her friend's face will shine when she sees the the sparkling crystals that seem to float with silver accents made Echo's own face light up. In a flash her face had come from contemplation to joy.

"She would love that!" Echo grinned happily up at Athan, her smile stretching from ear to ear. No price was too much just to see the delight on her friend's own face.

The wisp of a Shadow hovered in place, eminating the relief and unfiltered bliss of release. It didn't want to move for a moment; instead chose to simply take in feeling the world. Ah, sweet sweet freedom!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:08 pm
Mystic chuckled quietly, a noise that was quite audible to both Echo and Athan. He moved to cradle the little wisp in one hand and idly glanced towards the woman. Had his new little friend awoken because of her? It was possible.

Athan's posture seemed to stiffen and he sighed as he retrieved the jewelry for his customer and all but trudged over to the desk. He scowled over at Mystic. Truly, it was not the older shadow's fault, but he was not helping the situation any. For all he knew, he encouraged the little stone to awaken without his bidding it to do so!

As if sensing this sudden animosity so close to him, Pez skittered away from Mystic and hovered midair before Echo.  

Reyna Crelos
Captain

Shameless Ladykiller

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:18 pm
Echo's mood would not be swayed, she was just too happy and did not care what the cause for this intense emotion was. She followed him to the desk like a loyal puppy, a bounce in her step. The man was dealing with the jewelry when a bright pink and black shadow cam to her, blocking her path.

The woman was not phased, "Hello, hello!" Echo eyed the wisp. She did not know it was this that was the origin of her happiness. The small woman reached up to touch it, her jewelry momentarily forgotten. A delicate finger rose up, but went right through the shadow. She cupped her hand to 'catch' it, as she might with a cloud.

"And what is your name?" she giggled childishly, as if the shadow might actually answer.

As she tried to direct the movements by making her hand go left, right, left, the shadow went with her. Echo squeaked, how delightful!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:24 pm
"Oh dear."

Mystic snickered quietly before phasing out of view entirely when Athan shot him a look that clearly indicated he was displeased. Of course, the other man would still know where he was exactly, but his chances at being swatted at and successfully hit, would by less likely if he were not visible.

"Er... if I am not mistaken," Athan spoke up as he packaged up the jewelry Echo was intent on purchasing in an elegant display box, "That is Pezzotaite. I am afraid he .. er.. got a bit mixed up with the other gems I brought in with me."

He paused for a moment as he made quick work of a bow to wrap the packaged jewelry up in along with a business card tucked discreetly in the back for future reference. "And.. it seems he is intent on making you his guardian.."  

Reyna Crelos
Captain

Shameless Ladykiller

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:31 pm
Echo was now 'playing' with the shadow, moving this way and that. She heard what she was being told, of course, but not paying much attention. "Pez-zo-ta-ite?" the woman watched the shadow. "Pez." Pezzo-whatever was far too much to say!

"Guardian?" The word broke her out of that intense emotion. She put her hand down, expecting the shadow to drop with it - but Pez just moved to the side a little while Echo peered over at the man with confusion mixed with catlike content written on her face. "What does that mean....?"

Looking that way, she also noticed he was done wrapping up the jewelry. She pulled out a rather large sum of money. "And, eh, how much do I owe you?" Echo looked at her hand blankly, as if she didn't know what to do with it.

The discrete exist of the darker being was once again not noticed.  
The Archives :: Old Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff