Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Duplexes
[Journal] Duplex #1 - Ambrose Maurlias & Angelina Swanson Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:02 am
Vasile just shrugged, not looking directly at Ambrose. "Maybe so. I mean... look and you and Angelina. You don't see stuff like that in Hollywood very often."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:05 am
Ambrose cocked his head. "What do you mean? Not in Hollywood...? I thought you were just talking about it being in the movies all the time?"  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:07 am
"Well that's where I'm from, isn't it?" Vasile asked with a touch of annoyance. "I mean, that's all I see. Movies and peers. The movies all seem so damn fake, ya know? I mean... really fake. But then I'm here... you and Angelina have been together for...god knows how long. Hell, she's the only girl you've ever even been with, isn't she?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:10 am
"I suppose that the movies would seem rather fake when you've been on the other side. When you see the magic happen it loses it's mystique. You see actors instead of characters. But.... yeah, things from what I know are pretty different.. but not all the time. Where I was from, a lot of relationships was about prestige... about the types of people you'd be good with, families that had 'similar interests'. I... kind of broke that mold when I went with Angelina. But yeah.... she's the only one I've... well... if you mean like that... then yes."  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:12 am
"Sorry," Vasile mumbled. "I don't know where I was going with that. I just.. there's a lot of things going on... feelings I'm not used to I don't know exactly how to handle them."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:14 am
"It sounds to me like you're thinking too hard about them instead of just.... doing what feels right. As hypocritical as that sounds. Thinking is good, but there comes a point where you start to overanalyze. He makes you happy.... so why bother giving it a label unless it comes to it. And.... if his lot was that bad... then he probably needs you. I don't care who you are - I don't think anyone could handle that alone."  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:18 am
Vasile pulled his knees up to his chest. "Fine, I suppose you're right." He tossed his hair over his shoulder. "He's handling it remarkably well...considering, ya know? I mean, its been a couple days now. He doesn't look that bad right now. Actually, I don't think he looks bad at all. Its just... I have no idea what to even expect. I mean.. if it was a snake, I could look to Cass. If it was a dog, I could look in the mirror. But a snail? That's like a bug? Is there anyone even close to that? I'd just like.. some idea of what I'm to face. Help me prepare, I guess."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:20 am
Ambrose shook his head. "Well..... the closest I can even think of would be Billy the octopus.... but that's still remarkably different. There are always a slew of books in the entertainment room. But above all... you can go through this with him. He doesn't know what to expect either. And maybe.... it won't be as bad as you fear. Maybe you'll always see Marlow in him... and no matter how he looks, you'll find him handsome." Ambrose looked down at his paws with a small smile, remembering Angelina's words to him. Despite the differences in.... severity of their futures, the sentiment still rang true.  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:23 am
Vasile gave a small smile. "Yes, I remember what you said. About loving someone for who they are... not despite who they are. I guess it makes sense. People change appearences in the real world, too, I suppose. Just not as drastic. I mean.. I dunno, maybe you'll have to see him. I think he's just as handsome now than he ever was. Think that's why? Because of how I feel for him?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:26 am
"Maybe" Ambrose smiled. "When it all boils down to it, though, does it matter why you find him attractive? The fact that you still do speaks well of how you feel about him, though." He nodded. "And you're right. People change out there too - gain weight, lose weight, grow old. What matters beneath it all is the connection you have to them. That you can talk all day and not get tired of their company. That you worry about them, and want to see them happy."

Ambrose's fur ruffled as he got to his feet and rubbed at his arms. "Sorry. I'm getting sappy."

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:28 am
"No no...its okay." Vasile gave a small smile. "I've never been with someone who I considered unattractive...I'll admit its hard for me to imagine. Just ... never done it, I suppose. I guess its just one step at a time from here. I still think he's handsome..and I still.. you know, do all that stuff you just said. So all should be good... yes?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:30 am
Ambrose nodded. "Well, it's not an issue - like you said." Ambrose chided. "You do still find him attractive, and you're the only person that his appearance should matter to so long as you're seeing eachother. SO all should be good." Vasile, from the sounds of it, needed someone else to reassure him that it was goign to be alright. Sometimes, even if you reached your own conclusions, and the right conclusions, you aren't comfortable with them unless someone is there to agree with you and reassure you that it's alright.  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:32 am
"Thanks Ambrose," Vasile smiled, "Its always nice talking with you."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:34 am
"I'm always glad to help." Ambrose responded with a honest smile. "It's good to have friends as well as significant others.."  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:14 am
Wedding Planning and Countdown

The sun was only just begining to crest over the horizon as Ambrose quietly slipped back into the duplex, precariously balancing two trays full of breakfast food. Smells from the bacon, eggs, sausage, ham, fruit, toast and pancakes drifted temptingly through the room. Ambrose was already salivating, having obstained from even taking a sample while in the cafeteria in favor of eating with Angelina. She had long ago grown accustomed to his ... lupine appetite and Ambrose had stopped worry about embarrassment. Besides, if he had sampled food earlier, he likely would have had his fill before he had the willpower to stop.

He set the trays down carefully on the bedside table and withdrew a pad of paper and a pen from the draw before sliding up to Angelina's side, still fast asleep in the bed. With a grin, his whiskers tickling her now more sensitive ears, he whispered to her, "Good morning, Angelina~!" he breathed.

Angelina's made a distinctly female mewing sound as she nuzzled farther into the pillow, trying to escape the tickle. The muscles flexed behind her ear, indicating they would probably twitch had they been longer.

She mumbled something into the pillow, slowly driftly awake. She arched her back in a stretch, nose flaring out as she smelled the food, causing a smile to play over her lips. "Morning.."

He smiled to himself, as she woke, though felt a few strange pangs at her unconscious mewling reaction. It was... odd to see the changes play out over his loved one - who he had known as human for so long. Even the minor ones, it seemed that the behavioral ones were the most startling than the physical.

"Good morning to you as well, Love." Ambrose responded with a quick peck on her cheek, disalowing his musings to be verbalized. "I brought us breakfast. I was thinking... you know... we wanted to sit down and talk about plans..?" He could barely keep himself from wriggling at the turn of subject. While at first proposing had indeed caused him a bit of fret - whether it was time, whether he was ready, after doing so and seeing the joy on her face, and feeling the elation in his heart he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he had done the right thing, and he couldn't wait till it was finalized - they were married.

Her smiled warmed and widened as she slowly became more awake, though her lids were still heavy. She rolled over and sat up, stretching her hands over head head, bring down one after amoment to cover a yawn. "Mmm... plans?"

"For the wedding, of course." He reminded her, reaching out a hand to rub her left hand and her ring.

She finished her yawn and rubbed her eyes. "Hmm? Oh, of course." She shook her a bit as she forced herself to a more alert state of mind. She scratched the side of his face happily, letting the cool metal of the rub over the fur on his cheek.

He smiled contentedly and leaned his face into the scritches for a moment before intercepting her hand and planting a formal kiss on it. Then, retreiving the trays and setting them on the bed before them, he popped a piece of bacon into his mouth.

"Have you given things much thought yet?"

Angelina's fingers played over the food. By default she went for a peice of melon first, popping it into her mouth, but then plucking a sausage link off the dish for next.

"Hmm... I haven't stopped thinking abuot it," she said around the fruit. "But that's the little girl in me. Unfortunately, I haven't been very practical. So... I guess the real answer is no. I haven't really thought about how it's going to be done here."

He smiled, leaning against the headboard as he started into the pile of meat that was on his tray. "Well, practical or not, what have you thought about? Maybe there are some ... well... approximations we can make? I want this to be a day to remember fondly for the rest of your life. I want to give you the fairybook wedding you've always wanted..."

"Well..." she shrugged. "You know, wondering what the dress would be like... and my family being there. You know I always hoped I would have found my father by the time I got married, so he could give me away, you know?" She waved her hand dismissively. "Which is silly when you think about anyway because i have no indication he's anything other than some drunk redneck and what's the point of giving me away when he basically did that with conception."

Ambrose frowned, his ears droping. "I'm sorry.. I had no idea that... well... he was still on your thoughts. I would have loved to meet him." He rubbed the side of her face with the back of his finger.
"I was hoping that my parents, by my wedding, would be able to attend... and be proud of me. I... I Know it's not the same though. But... I keep reminding myself, that that day is for us. That we can make it magical and meaningful and be about our relationship, and not about the relationship with anyone else."

Angelina smiled and nodded. "Of course. Like I said, it was just ... something I think about from time to time. But like I said, nothing really practical for our real wedding. I guess we should start with the basics. Who's your Best Man?"

He smiled, grabbed the tablet and thought on it. "Well. I'd have to say that the best guy friend I've had around here has been Vasile." Ambrose jotted his name down on the pad with a smile.

Angelina giggled. "Ohh... we have an A-List Guest list already!"

Ambrose barked a laugh. "True! Not everyone can say they've got a famous actor as a best man!"

He looked over to her inquisitvely. "How about your maid of honor?"

Angelina tapped her chin. "I'm honestly not close with very many girls. I know you're very fond of Amaya, but I would say I know Cass a little better."

Ambrose smiled, nodding. "Cass is a sweetheart. And this is your maid of honor after all. Go with Cassidy. Amaya can be a bridesmaid if you ... don't mind?" He smiled.

"Father Stewart is presiding over the ceremonies.... as far as other guys... Pyroth's been a good friend. I haven't seen the dude in a disturbingly long time... What about Colche? You and she get along quite well, but I don't know if you'd like her to be a bridesmaid or... something else?"

"Of course she can be a bridesmaid. Wow, this is going to be one unique wedding party. I get the scalies, you get the furries," she winked at him.

At the mention of Colche she perked a little bit. "Oh, Ambrose.. she should be the flower girl!"

Ambrose laughed. "Oh that would be adorable!" Ambrose scooted closer to her side, "In a pretty dress and with all the flowers!" He added that quickly. "And there's a little boy on the island now... a cute kid. Maybe he could be the ringbearer - his name is Cody. We can see if he's intersted?"

Angelina nodded. "Okay!"

Then she blinked. "There's a little boy here now?"

Ambrose winced briefly before nodding. "He... has a degenerative disease... in their defense. They think the process will cure him."

"Ah." She shook her head. "Enough about the evils for now. I don't want to think abuot that yet. So...we each have our special attendant and a maid, A preacher, a flower girl, a ring bearer... that would leave guests."

He nodded. "I agree with you. Lord knows that too many days are spent dwelling on the negative. It's our wedding, we're going to focus on the positive!"

He clapped his hands together. "Well! Wonderful - that's all the key players" He continued with a smile, "I don't see anyone that shouldn't be invited? We could just send out a mass... invitation?"

"What about... you know who?" She pointed to the intercom.

Ambrose chewed his lip. "I think... we should invite Aubrey.... all things considered. As far as the rest of the staff.." He trailed off with a wince.

"Yes, Aubrey can come.... its only fair, really. Of course as for the rest..." She made a face. "Well.. technically won't Moreau be paying? And its only customary..."

"Well...." Ambrose dithered on this. He could just visualize the fight at the wedding between the potential guests and Dr. Psycho himself. "I won't not invite him..."

"I have my severe dounbts that he's even want to come anyway."

"That's what I was thinking. Something tells me he doesn't feel very secure around the islanders en masse. Especially after.... what happened to Aubrey the once. I just hope he 'lets' her go." his ear flicked back.

"Well... we'll just have to see. What else do we need to plan? It's not like we can exactly choose a caterer or anything. Unless we can get whoever works for the labs."

"Hmmm..." She picked up a few peices of bacon and began to munch on them. "I guess you need to speak to Aubrey about funding and what's available. Do I get a dress? What about flowers?"

He nodded. "I certainly hope you'd get a dress... and me a tux. Though with flowers there are benefits to being on a tropical island. I doubt that anything else would be fresh enough."

"Well technically if they were being really generaoud they could get them shipped in.. but yeah.."

She swooned a bit. "I want a dress... I hope they give me that at least."

He nodded. "And I want to look my best for you. I just... I'm worried. It's been a while since I changed at least. I don't know how long until ... the last one. What if I get something, then change and cant' wear it." He wasn't going to even voice the possibility of what if he couldn't even stand up anymore.

"Maybe... we can get some more information from the labs. See what they'd be willing to do. Get some catalogues to look over. And.... when mine or our...dates are. Assuming that they plan out that sort of thing. I doubt that your build would change that much... though mine might. And we certainly wouldn't want the wedding ON that day..."

Angelina nodded. What a creepy and depressing conversation to slip into a wedding planning. "I'm sure they have dates... I mean, being all scientific and everything. At least I hope. I think that's a good idea."

He nodded quietly. "Then... well, perhaps I can settle some of this now. I can call the labs... see what they say?"

She nodded.

He took a breath. He always got anxious whenever it came to call the labs or contact them in some other fashion, even if it was a positive question. Let alone actually asking when he was due for his change next. Normally ... he wouldn't want to know.

After gathering his courage he strode over to the intercom and tapped "0".

The switchboard instructor answered in his usual monotone. "Main facilities, how can I direct your call?"

"Ah, this is... Ambrose Maurlias... though you probably know that, huh?" He rambled uncomfortably. "Can I please speak with Dr. Lockheart?"

The voice gave a grunt and the line clicked to hold. It only a moment later before the more familair voice came over the line. "Dr. Lockheart here."

"Hello... Dr. Lockheart? This is Ambrose. I was wondering- If I'm not troubling you at least - if... I could get... some information? I mean... Angelina and I... we wanted to talk about wedding plans... but we don't know exactly what we can do.... you know..?"

Aubrey blinked and leaned back in her computer chair. "I'll help how I can, Ambrose," she said, bringing up both their files on her computer.

"That... that's wonderful! Thank you. Well... I guess the first thing we need to know... is if we can order a tux? A dress? And... what we can do about food and decorations and all that?"

"Ahh.... well..." she typed in a few notes on the file, the sound of keystrokes could be heard over the intercom. "I'll have to get back to you on that one. I'll have to talk to the Doctor and see if I can pull any company funds for that. To be frank I'm just not sure."

She frowned on her end of the lines, suddenly distressed at the fact that Ambrose and Angelina seemed to be farther along on their wedding plans... dispite their obvious disadvantages and the fact that they were so recently engaged. She fanned out her left hand and looked at her ring. That was the farthest her and Moreau had gotten. The agreement to marry.

"Ah." Came a pang of disappointment from Ambrose. They... they'd find a way.. somehow. Even if it meant making a dress with what they could find, picking the flowers and sweettalking Delia. They would make it work in a pinch, although Ambrose hoped that Aubrey would be successful. He knew it was Moreau's decision, but he felt it was only fair considering that if they were home he would have managed a wonderful wedding... somehow. It was their fault they were stuck here. And they were even cooperating more than most, dammit.

"I guess.... please let me know when you can. At the very least... formal clothing. I want it to be special. But... other than that.... as far as planning dates.... I would think that knowing when our.... changes are due.... would be important."

Aubrey chewed on that for a moment. Moreau had never told her specifically that the islanders couldn't know. Just for the most part is was kept secret. The plans were flexible, as they could always change them if the labs would be busy, or if more important developments came up.

But after a moment a thought, she clicked to few keys and brough up the file notes. "Your last change minimum date is August first."

Ambrose swallowed. That was closer than he thought. A cold shudder passed down his spine. "August... first?" He did a quick calculation in his mind. That was less than two weeks away. He looked down at his big paw-hands, and nodded slowly.

Maybe it was best to get it over with. It was bound to happen eventually. The sooner he changed, the sooner he could get used to it and not become... more attached to how fleeting his form was. "Am I... the first? I mean... that's so soon, but others changed to this.. stage... before me."

"THe first to be finished with their changes? No, Amaya and Colche are both complete by now as well."

"Really?" Ambrose felt a pang of guilt. He hadn't seen Amaya in some time... and she had completed her change? He'd have to visit her... see how she was doing.... see how she looked.....

Whetting his lips, he nodded. "I... see. Well.... I shall... at least need to wait till after the first, then. And... if you allow me a suit... I should... probably wait to order it until after that considering sizing. But I could look at styles..." He said hollowly. It felt so odd, eerie to speak about his pending transformation in a business-like fashion. But it was the best way to deal with it, to cope with it now without sinking into the darker potential repercussions thereof. There was still plenty of time for that later.

"And Angelina...? I assume.... there is a way we could... make it so at the very least she does not change on the date in question..? Is the date of her transformation even a sure thing considering .... the problems previously..?"

"Angelina's more tricky... " Aubrey admitted. "Technically she's already past due, but I've been doing a series of extra tests on her serums..."

Ambrose nodded, eyes flicking back to Angelina seated on the bed. It felt like they had just barely gotten past her first changes. After so long of stasis it felt strange to think that her transformations might pick back up to their 'normal' rate. "I... hope that the tests .... do not show anything to be concerned about."

Angelina shifted where she sat on the bed, her face looking a bit more pale.

On the line, Aubrey was silent for a moment. "Its complicated, but I promise we're not going to do anything until we're sure everything is how it should be."

Ambrose nodded. "Thank... you, Dr. Lockheart." Perhaps he shouldn't have asked. He wasn't entirely sure he had actually wanted the answers to these heavy questions... but maybe he needed to know.

"Let me know, when you can, about what we might be allowed to order..?"

"I'll do my best Ambrose," she said, though it doesn't sound overly optimistic. "Take care." And the line clicked off.

He took a deep breath and walked back over to the bed, returning to his seat by Angelina. Swallowing, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, not knowing what to say.

"I... I was just starting to accept it... and its time again already?"

He swallowed. "well.... the way they said... it might be a while yet." He encouraged, assuming she was speaking of her own change. "Maybe... they'll take it slower with you."

She shrugged. "I guess the sooner the better.. at least we can get married faster that way..?"

He nodded. "Right... exactly." he rubbed his hand against her cheek. "We can plan it... and... we'll actually be husband and wife. With a real priest and everything."

Angelina smiled back, but couldn't help but tease him a bit. "Too bad I'm not catholic," she said with a wink.

Ambrose smirked. "Well, Let's hope Father Stewart doesn't pry too much. Something tells me that considering the situation he's going to be a weeee bit more lenient." He was happier for the lighter change in tone.
"We will just be quiet about how we .... spend our free time occasionally."

It took Angelina a moment to catch it, but then she sputtered out a giggle. "Indeed," she laughed, rustling his head-hair. "Let's not go advertising."

He grinned slyly and gave a playful growl. "Well... not to the priest at least. But you certainly weren't shy at that last drinking party." He gave her a poke in the ribs.

Angelina gave a mock-insulted expression. "I was bragging...most men would be flattered!"

"That's my point." He grinned. "There's a difference in bragging and... well, admissions to priests who we want to marry us. Just so long as that's clear, I know I have permission to brag about what an excellent girlfriend I have. Although I'm sure I'm never going to live down just how candid you were about my canid bits."

"Oh please," he pushed him playfully. "I find it facinating."

He smiled and shrugged, feeling flattered but self conscious. "Thanks..." He mumbled, cuffing her playfully. "Although I supposed that traditionally that means that you ought to not wear white."

Angelina laughed. "Okay, probably not traditionally. I'll wear scarlet red lace panties underneith... think that would count?"

Ambrose choked laughing. "Yes, I think that that would count. Just so long as that little 'secret' is for my eyes only." He grinned. "Though you'll have to get a garter to throw to the gents, as well as the boquet for the ladies."

There was a definately a sparkle in Angelina's eyes as they started to talk. She sat up and rubbed her hands together. "This is really going to happen, isn't it?"

He nodded. "Mr. and Mrs. Maurlias.." He chimed in, musingly. "And referring to us, and not my parents! It seems so... strange! I feel old!"

"It is strange... " Angelina pondered this for a moment. "Mrs. Angelina Maurlias..." she chewed it over. "Yeah, I can get used to that."

He grinned. "Good! You had better. Because I don't think 'Swanson' suits me very well."

"Ambrose Swanson..." She found the concept amusing enough. "Well, I think it sounds fine, but I'll bend towards the more traditional."

He gave an elaborate shrug of his shoulders. Despite how much his parents likely would chagrin the fact that he still wished to carry his family name proudly... that is precisely what he wished to do. Even hundreds of miles removed and species line crossed... there was a long history to his family that he wanted to feel a part of.

"Well, I don't think that 'swan' quite characterizes either of us anymore." He replied using a more jovial excuse.

"Guess not." She wrinkled her nose at the thought. "Glad they didn't use a swan serum because of my name. That might be awkward."

Ambrose nodded. "As pretty as Swans are... traditionally... when you think about it birds are quite awkward. Though, I can certainly think of worse fates." He ran a hand down her tail. "But... I actually rather like the... additions. They are exotic - although my tastes might be a bit skewed by my time here, or the fur's roots in my brain." He winked.

She leaned into him and nuzzled him along his chest and neck. She gave no indications the more feline-like movements these small little things had taken on. "I guess they aren't so bad once you get used to it. Its just the moment I can finally admit that to myseld and, well, it'll change again." She sighed. "But yes... it could have been a lot worse. I should consider myself lucky, at least." She looked up. "For your sake, more than mine."

He shrugged. "For our sake, then. I wouldn't wish a miserable existence on you. But like Vasile has said... none of us have it easy. I just hope... that the last change leaves me recognizable.... and upright." He cut himself off before he could add 'with hands and a voice'.... the conversation was already bordering on the pessimistic. "At least I will be able to finally get used to something on a permanent fashion. Instead of geting used to something only to have it change on me again. And for your sake. Know my face and have it stay like that."

She nodded, running her hands through his fur. "I'll love you no matter what, just know that." She planted a kiss on his nose. "I guess Vasile has a point. It sucks to compare yourself to the other people. Wolf, genet... it all sucks. But then you look at people like Amaya or Cass..." she gave a small shudder.

He nodded. "precisely. But.... I take comfort in that, underneath it all, we're still us." Most of them, at least. Ambrose had heard rumors... but he took comfort that it did not strike everyone from what it seemed... and those who clung to their identities seemed to be able to persevere, at least from what he knew.

Her fingers felt so good in his fur. He slid his eyes closed. Now with a full stomach, and happy thoughts of the wedding lingering in his mind, his tail thumped contentedly on the bed as he snuggled closer to his mate his fiancee.

The Duplexes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff