Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Duplexes
[Journal] Duplex #1 - Ambrose Maurlias & Angelina Swanson Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:34 pm
Have You Hugged Your Python Today?

RP Log - AIM

The sun seemed more dazzling today than he could ever picture it, and yet if that meant that the temperature was worse, Ambrose hadn't noticed despite his thick coat. He wasn't just walking from place to place, he was virtually prancing. The wind was in his fur and he he closed his eyes (and managed not to run into a tree, building, or some other unforgiving large structure) he could have almost deceived himself into the notion that he was flying.

He couln't think of a moment on this island where he had been happier. Hell, he would be hard pressed to think of any moment he had been happier. Things were finally starting to really work out... wonderfully.

Ambrose had made another trip back out to the beach to gather up the torches and ice chest to return to the village.

Cassidy was in a slightly more sober mood, but still fairly content; she was on her way back to her duplex after a leisurely trip through the jungle, which had been interrupted by a nap in one of her favourite trees. It had been a slow, quiet day, as most of her days seemed to be, and since she hadn't eaten yet today, that was on her list of things to do.

As she came into the village itself, though, she paused briefly, and hurried forward inher slightly lurching manner. "Ambrose?" she called, after matching the scent with a name. After all day by herself, she was maybe a bit starved for company. "Hey! Ambrose!"

Ambrose paused, turning with pricked ears to see his old friend. "Cassidy!" He smiled, trotting over to her and juggling the objects in his arms to free up a hand to clap her on the shoulder.

"How have you been?" He queried with a wag. "I haven't seen you in a bit."

"I suppose not." Cass grinned in her subtle way. "I shouldn't be such a hermit, I guess. But I've been... mostly okay." Except for.... things. Yes. Okay, no bad-mouthing Vasile behind his back, not even a little bit.

Her tongue flicked curiously. "What about you? What've you been up to?"

His head gave a sympathetic tilt as she spoke. "Things..? Well, you shouldln't be a hermit. It tends to just mire you in whatever is getting you down."

At her querty, however, he couldn't keep the toothy grin from his face. "Well... me? I ... uhm..." His tail began to wag. "I.... I proposed to Angelina last night!" His chest puffed out with pride. It wasn't hard to tell that he was looking for a way to work that into the conversation.

"I know, I know. But sometimes it's very tempting." She looked a little shamefaced.

However, this quickly melted away into absolute glee. "You prosposed? Really?" Cassidy clasped her hands together, let out a brief, girlish giggle. "That's just about the best thing I've heard in a long time! When is the wedding? She did say yes, right?"

He nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! I know It's crazy, isn't it?" His face was lit up and he couldn't keep the sheer joy from his eyes. "Yes! She said yes! And... the wedding...? I.... I don't know!" He laughed, still smiling. "We will have to talk about it - but I had already talked to Father Stewart - and he's willing to wed us - and... at the very least you'll be invited!"

Father Stewart? Oh yes. The Catholic priest who'd mistaken her for a leper. Cass had to wonder how he was doing. "I'd love to come," Cass said, on the verge of gushing. "You just let me know when. You won't be able to keep me away!" She laughed, her mood clearly elevated a few notches already. "Is there anything I can do to help out?"

"You won't be forgotten!" He beamed. "And, well, quite possibly! We haven't even spoken about details yet.

"But... however it turns out, I'm sure it will be great! ... I hope." He tacked on sheepishly. "So... I mean... what have you been up to..?" Ambrose asked, not even thinking how much he might be wedging his foot into his mouth.

Cassidy winced a little. "Really not a lot. I... have no idea if you've heard, but... Vasile's... discovered he's gay, so I'm single now." Oh, wait. Outing people was bad. Think, girl, before you opened your big mouth. "And that's really the only big news I have... since I haven't asked about that pet snake thing Angelina came up with."

Ambrose opened and closed his mouth, eyes widening. "oh - OH! Oh crap.. I'm sorry." He winced, rubbing at the bridge of his nose. He knew that. Why didn't he think about that?? Vasile himself had old him.

"No... I did know... Vasile told me actually. That was a rather... interesting conversation. But I'm sorry.... that.. that must have been a difficult conversation. For both of you, I'd imagine. I know that last we talked about it he felt crummy about it all with you."

"And... yes! ANgelina mentioned the snake thing - I bet that would be really good for you. I mean.... I never exactly thought about snakes as ... well.... pet-material, but she had one back home, and it was actually pretty neat."

"Well, I think we've more-or-less made up. Although I was avoiding him for a while, and I think I was kind of an a** about it." Cass's shoulders slumped. "I guess there are worse things to happen. I'll live."

She gave Ambrose a rather guarded look. "I'm sure a snake would be good for me. But it still grosses me out, to tell you the truth. But Thom... he's pretty sure that he's turning into some sort of snake, too... and.... oh god, that's..." She shook her head. "I can't be terrified of other people for something like that."

"That.... sort of thing is always hard. I mean... at least it's not anything either of you did... I ... things were really tough between me and Emelyn for some time after.... Angelina wound up here. I still feel bad about how all of that worked out. But at least we've been on friendly terms again recently..... the few times I run into her. But I still get the feeling, well.... she and Angelina..." He shrugged.

His eyes widened, however, at the mention of Thom. This was news he had not heard. "Thom..? Really? A snake? Oh man..." He winced. "I mean... he's a socce- well... football player for God's sake! Is he goign to lose his feet? And... even though your own... I mean... so they still.... frighten you...?"

Cass shook her head. "There's not enough of us around here to make a bad breakup easy," she pointed out.

"And I don't know what's going to happen to Thom... He's got no toes, so if he is a snake, he seems to be going through it, well, better than I did." She shrugged vaguely. "And yes, I realise it's completely stupid for me to be scared of snakes, or snake mutants, or anything, but... phobias are very rarely logical. And I guess I really ought to do something so I don't have to just... avoid him."

He nodded.... "That's one of the many downsides to being trapped on an island with a group of people who are likewise trapped. You can't easily avoid someone on a more permanent basis. And even if you can, there's overlapping circles of friends..." He gesticuated awkwardly.

"Kind of forces you alogn to coping, even if you don't want to. But... I mean... at least, I think you both are good people... and again, I... ah... I've spoken with him a few times recently - he... he's certainly not lying about the gay thing.." He scratched the back of his head nervously.

He nodded. "It... really isn't fair what they paired you with... animal-wise" He murmured.

"I can be civil to Vasile," Cassidy said, rather solemnly. "At the very least, I can do that. I'd like to be friends with him, but... sometimes it's very hard to want to do that." She shook her head. "And I figured he wouldn't lie about that. I don't think I've known very many guys who would, and around here, I'd figure out pretty quickly if he was."

Her tongue flickered again. "I don't know about fair. I have to wonder if they did it on purpose, if they somehow knew... but I can't think how they would have."

He nodded. "I'm sure you can. Though.... it's never easy having to be civil or friends with someone you used to be in a relationship with, regardless of the reason you broke up. You... really have to have a rapport with someone to be in a relationship - close to them, you know? Then... to cut it suddenly, the awwkard feelings..." he rambled, shrugging his shoulders.

"It... woulnd't surprise me, just from what I've seen or heard of some of the staff, I woldn't put it past them. But.... I Don't know if they'd have access to something like phobias in whatever records they have on us... It could just be miserable luck. But... there are worse things than snakes, I'd say. Billy springs to mind as one - at least you're not an invertebrate?"

"An invertebrate?" This thought was horrible enough to startle Cass out of her self-pity. Was a bug or something really worse than a snake? Hard to say, but at least with a snake, she was keeping a skeleton. "I think I've heard this Billy person mentioned a couple of times... but what exactly is he turning into? No one's ever mentioned that."

"You haven't met him?" Ambrose asked, caught off guard. Then again, Cass had said that she had been a hermit recently "An... octopus." He winced. "rubbery skin, he's got eight tentacles instead of the normal arms or legs.... spits up ink..." He shook his head. "I think he's managed to draw the shortest straw of anyone I've encountered. He's not exactly the nicest person in the world, but no one deserves that."

Cassidy stared for a moment, mouth slightly agape. "An octopus," she repeated, blandly. "Oh my god. Okay, um. That's definitely worse than a snake, even if I really have no problems with octopusses. Octopi. Whatever. Christ." At least that was good to know in advance for if or when she did run into him.

He nodded. "I .. know what you mean. It almost seems like they're.... just trying to see what more horrors they can do. I don't know if there is a rhyme or reason to their assignments. Though... I think Anjali is still matched with the strangest serum. I can't even begin to understand how changing into a plant works..." He shrugged

His ears flicked back and he set down the things he had been carrying. "But... if it helps... I think everyone here has learned to look past appearances if they've been here longer than a few weeks. I'll never see you as anything different than the friendly blonde I met when I first came here, Cass."

"And Duvert expected me to be thrilled when he explained the feathers. I don't get it at all." Cass shook her head. A plant, too? What about a root system? They really were crazy, here. Genius, but crazy.

She smiled, very slightly. "Thank you, Ambrose. That really does mean a lot to me, to hear you say that."

He shook his head. "Nether do I. But... they are colorful. And hey, maybe some day you'll actually be able to fly, or at least glide? Wouldn't that be a sight?" He smiled.

He nodded, his tail swishing back and forth as a softer smile graced his features. "Let me know if there's anything I can ever help you with."

"Maybe," Cass said doubtfully. "But it would be nice. It'd almost be worth everything else." She smiled faintly. "And I'll keep the offer in mind, though I'm not sure what I'd ask for. Thanks, though."

He nodded. "In that case, I definaely hope that will be the case. One more change..." He mused, looking down at his own hands, a frown briefly flitting across his features.

He looked back up to her, distracting himself, and nodded.

"So I hear." Cass looked down at what was left at her legs, and had to admit to herself that she wasn't sure whether it would be better to lose them or not. As it was, they were mostly just in the way. Her fingers, on the other hand.... "Well. Happier things. Congratulations, again!" She positively beamed.

He smiled, the trepidation washing from his face at the reminder. "Thanks, Cass! I really am happy about it. I'll be certain to keep you informed.

"You better," Cass told him. "But if you'll excuse me... I am really very hungry... but I wanted to clean up a bit before I did anything else." She gave a slightly embarrassed cough.

He nodded. "I understand. Don't let me keep you from your dinner. I ought to get these things back to where they belong." Before picking them up, however, Ambrose encircled her in a quick, unannounced hug. "Take care of yourself, alright? Don't hide out in your duplex or I'll be forced to drag you out." He said with a teasing grin as he parted and stooped to pick back up the materials.

Cass was taken by surprise, but squeezed back during the hug for as long as it lasted. "I'll try not to. I promise. I'll be social and everything." She turned away with a friendly wave, to head back the way she had been going in the first place.

Ambrose returned the wave, and smiled to himself. It's not everyday that one hugged a python, he couldnt' help but muse to himself as he headed to the supply room to return the things he had borrowed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:35 am
Surprise!

Joliette found her days filled with nothing but soaking up the sun's rays or hiding in her darkroom trying to continue her ... profession... now becoming a hobby which in itself was discouraging, her large claws were not helping matters at all. This day she lay on the beach on her belly her arms crossed under her chin as she stared out to sea wondering what her family was doing. her hair pulled in a loose pony tail she wore loose shorts and a light tshirt.

Nothing, as of yet, had succeeded in sinking the amazing mood that Ambrose had been in since his proposal. He was seeing the silver lining of even the most foreboding storms. And his good mood was begging to be shared with others.

He had just made his way out to the beach after filling his stomach on tasty meats from the cafeteria and lifted his muzzle to see if he might have more company. His ears pricked when he detected a distinct reptilian odor, female, and the faint smell of film developing chemicals. No one but Joli.

It had been a while since he had seen the journalist. She had been there at one of the drinking parties, right? But before that... the lockout. She had been in a bad way there. At least.... she seemed to have recoupterated since then. With a canine grin he dropped lower, his tail wagging eagerly. Somethin in him clicked that it would be a good idea to surprise her wtih his presence.

Treading carefully on the sand, Ambrose quietly made his way up behind her.

Joliette let her mind wander the faint breeze that came into her nose from out over the open water, her hearing wasn't so hot, especially for low tones and she didn't hear his approach. She'd been pondering her time since she had arrived, all the people she'd met whom she'd have never met under any other circumstances and what had come for each of them

Ambrose smiled to himself as her pose and scent suggested that she was unaware of his presence. Goaded, Ambrose continued to creep slowly towards her. Then, when he was in jumping range, his grin spread wider and then, without notice, Ambrose sprung, tackling Joli.

Her now golden eyes went wide at the weight of the wolfman landing on her, her body went somewhat rigid. Last person to have surprised her so much had been David... "Wha!?!?" she attempted to roll to see who or what was on her, her tail lashed some in the process

"HI JOLI!" Ambrose boomed, his tail lashing from side to side. "Gotcha!" He grinned self-satisfactorily. While he couldn't peg what gave him the bright idea to do so, he couldn't help but admit seeing Joli startled was a wonderful reward. It made his tail wag.

Pushing himself off of her, he dusted himself off and then offered her a hand.

"A..ambross" she said trying to regain her senses to herself. She finished rolling and her tongue flickered "Yes.. you most certainly did" she took the offered hand with her own trying to be careful not to dig her claws into his .. paw. Her golden eyes searching him for signs of what could be exciting the wolfman so.

He grinned. "Sorry for the startling, Joli. I... well... you just seemed to be so caught in your own little world! So.. uhm... I thought I'd pull you out of it?" He spread his hands after pulling her to her feet, with a playful-apologetic look.

"How have you been..? I haven't seen much of you lately. Though I admit I haven't been the most social of people lately."

"I guess I was off in another world, just thinking about things. I been spending time in the sun or in the darkroom. And you? I haven't seen you since hat beach drinking game" She tipped her head slightly and brushed the sand off her belly

Ambrose plopped back down onto the sand, looking up at her, his gold-stained eyes looking over her features with an understanding look. "I've.... been spending time with Angelina ... I... I proposed!" His chest puffed out and his back straightened. "I procured a ring through the labs... with the money they still technically owed me from that whole "Two week" medical study and got a ring. I guess I finally realized that I have to work with what I've been given."

A brow raised slightly "Proposed? Wow.. I do presume she said yes.." this did explain to her what he looked so happy about. She slowly sat back down her feet flat ont eh sand and legs bent, her tail wrapped loosely around her

He nodded, his tail wagging back and forth in emphasis. "She did! I... well.... I was pretty certain that she would, but that doesn't take away any of the anxiety I felt in the buildup... or the happiness that I felt when she DID say yes."

He sighed, wrapping his arms around his knees. "How about you and Chubbs? How have you guys been doing - it's been a while since I Saw him - after my last change, actually...."

"Well then... let me offer my congratulations then, some good news on this wretched island... finally" She gave him a toothy smile but for answering his own question "Doing good I think, though somehow I don't see proposals in my near future, after all you and Angelina have known each other for a long time..." her eyes drifted over his appearance, she tried to picture in her mind what he looked like before the island, and she could only think of what was a good possibility from what he looks like when she first arrived

He beamed a response. "Thank you, Joli! And be certain, you'll get an invitation! Maybe you can be the photographer for the wedding. I'm certain that it will be an event that we'll want remembered... and I can't think of anyone better. It would be preferable than the awkward requests to the labs of footage or stills from the hidden cameras." He winced a smile.

"And... I'm glad to hear that. I wish the two of you the best of luck. You're good people, and I think everyone deserves happiness like that."

"I'd love to photograph it" her smile grew at that thought... finally a use for her skills... she'd yet to fin a good purpose or use on the isle. "When do you think it'll be?"

Ambrose laughed. "That... is a good question. We need to figure out the details... and I... I don't know where to even begin. I've never planned a wedding before. That and here time seems to get lost. I don't know if I ought to wait until after....." He looked down at his hands. "I.... change again. I... have one more... maybe it would give Angelina time to ... get used to me and I can be the man I will always be when I marry her. And... for fittings' sake of a suit. I'm ... I don't know how much more I CAN change, and that frightens me that there's supposed to be one left." He breathed, finally, at the end of his verbal brain-dumping.
"And then.... I guess it's a matter of finding when we can get everything pulled together. I guess I could... ask the labs when my change is due... but that feels horribly morbid...."

Joli nodded through his self debates, planning a wedding could be tough even for the most... normal of people, she couldn't imagine it for all of them

"But!" He breathed. "I... well, I'm looking forward to it. Even if I Don't know what I'm doing. Though, traditionally I suppose that most of it will be in Angelina's hands. I just... wow, I spent so much time putting together the evening I would engage that I haven't thought much beyond that." He admitted

Joliette chuckled softly "I can only imagine... hopefully noone changes on that special day, I know the ones I've went through, even the .. 'booster' shot I didn't want to do much after let alone celebrate and it'd be awful if something was to spoil your special occasion" she nodded firmly

He nodded. "Dear lord... changing ON the wedding day.... that would be a nightmare..." He whispered. As much as he wanted to try to do this by themselves, the labs would have to be contacted and .... worked with. Even if they didn't want anything imported, which they almost definitely would unless there was a wedding dress maker or suit maker on the island itself.

He paused, cocking his head. "Booster... shot? What do you mean?"

"The gormeless red-headed arse decided to come into mine and David's duplex one morning, two of his guard flunkies woke me by pinning me down and he gave me a shot... he called it a booster shot, and well.. " she pointed at herself "this was the result" she poked her claw at the brown scales on her arms her eyes looking at them as she did

Ambrose looked more critically at her scaling. "Brown.... they were green before... weren't they?" he licked his black lips thoughtfully. "That is... odd. I've never heard of that before, the only changes I've been through are the ... well.... the big ones. Were there any other changes? And... I wonder why? Was it an actual change, just a minor one...? And.... how have you been doing with... it all?"

"Uhm my feet changed a lil, I think somethings inside changed but I dont know for sure and my eyes changed" she leaned on her knees and looked at him "Why I don't know, he didn't exactly say.. only told me to relax and to consider it a booster shot" she paused "Then he hung around for the changes he caused to finish and I wound up.. asleep... again"

Ambrose peered into the woman's amber eyes, then nodded to himself. "I wonder why they did that.... And the color change is certainly odd. Maybe there was a problem - if it was a booster? Well... regardless.... maybe... it will help things in the long run. I am not certain, but you said that you had been having... issues before. Maybe that has something to do with it. I Heard.... when Aubrey was hurt and several of us lost time... it was because they were testing something to help with the... mental problems some of us have been having. Maybe it has something to do with that?"

"I suppose anything is really possible, and I hope it is for the better, well I would imagine it's the better in their opinion, better to me would be to wake up and find this all a bad dreams.. no luck of that though... has Angelina changed?" she'd not seen the woman in a while and couldn't honestly recall

He nodded. "I used to entertain the illusion that this was all just a dream for likely a few months into my internment here... but every day, I'd wake up and the brush of fur against the sheets or feeling my tail would dissolve that notion pretty quickly... As did the notion that perhaps the changes would only go so far. They've proved themselves able to bend all possibility here."

He nodded seriously. "She... yes... she finally did about a few weeks ago. We thought.... well, it was strange - having gone so long - almost wanting to hope she wouldn't change, but being worried all the same that something would make her sick because of it... or that she would become something other than what they said that she would become initially. She also felt... ironically out of place here - worried that people would resent her for remaining human. But now.... she's "one of us...""

Joliette nodded "Will have to see her some day, before you get married perhaps" she smiled wryly and paused for a few minutes. "What brought you out this direction today? seemed quiet for the most part till now, I guess that's how one gets lost in ones thoughts"

He grinned. "Perhaps you can help her arrange all that... female stuff. You're a journalist, I'm sure you had to talk about who people were wearing, fashion an all that, right? I bet she'd have fun girl-talking with someone about that."

He shrugged. "On the days that the sun isn't QUITE as hot, the beach is quite pleasant. And... regardless of the temperatures, it's beautiful."

"Yeah... I'll drop her a line at some point, that sounds like a nice change of pace..." she peered around "I don't know.. the sun back home wasn't much after all it was England, here though.. I kinda like the heat, but then again thats probably the Komodo in me.. "

Ambrose nodded. "With me... while beautiful... The heat is starting to get to me. I love the beach, but sometimes I almost prefer the shade of the forests.... or even the AC in the buildings. My ... fur isn't made for this sort of climate.."

"Sometimes I wish that was the case but only coolness I want to feel is the darkness's cool, the air conditioner is not kind to me anymore" she flopped back on the sand looking up at the sky "oh well..."

He nodded. "Well... at least you're better suited for the climate. Not that I'm complaining about the.... animal I was paired with, but... I sometimes wish that they could have at least picked a location with set seasons."

"Yes I've noticed there really isn't anything set here, cept rain and sun, what season do you miss the most Amborsse?" she turned her head to look towards him she didn't envy his fur at all

"About the weather... or about home in general?" He asked, his tone becoming more somber

"Well you wished we had set seasons, I thought perhaps you had a particular one in mind when you said that" she frowns some and rolls onto her belly once more

"Ahhhh, yes. I miss... well damn. Fall for the changing leaves. The whole East Coast used to turn golden, orange and red... it was beautiful. The breeze, a snap in the air, but nothing frigid.... Though perhaps it's just being in the heat so long, I wouldn't mind a damn cold snap. I never thought I'd miss snow after shoveling it... but I do now."

Joliette chuckled softly "A little fog wouldn't hurt either" she mused "snowmen on the beach, iceburg in the lake" she smiled a silly smile at that "Theres no real season I miss except winter, mainly cause of what takes place in tht time frame... well what took place"

He grinned, displaying a lovely set of sharp teeth. "That would be something to see. Though I'm sure that you and many of the other reptiles would be rather put out by the change of... temperature. But I suppose that it would be a fair trade for at least a little bit, yes?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, bundle up, I can picture wearing many layers, least some of the time" she eyes his teeth, well she knew she wasn't alone in being a carnivore now at least

"Well..... I can picture it all I like.... but unless Moreau can control the weather as well, I doubt we'll be seeing as much as a snowflake."

"There isn't much I'd put by that arse after this" she hissed slightly motioning them both "nothing would shock me anymore"

He shrugged. "Well... I have to hold onto some semblance of normalcy.... even as we change into beasts.... or plants... at least we're still us... we're still in the same world as crazy as it might be, and it still operates under the same principals... "

"I know..." she paused and looked down at the sand "I remember what you said when we were locked out, and i know that hasn't changed, least I feel a little more in control now, unlike then"

"I am genuinely glad to hear that, Joli. Do you think it is the ... "booster"..? Or.... have you some other method of restraining the .... more bestial impulses...? I... remember the day you came into my camp. I saw the look in your eyes, and Joli - I am glad that despite the fact that time has found you less human in appearance, it has found you more human in mind."

"I gave up fighting the desire to eat meat, even moreso now since veggies aren't really agreeing with me... I guess I wasn't entirely myself out there, I've been trying to not let it happen again, hopefully it remains that way. And for that I'm glad too" she stretched on the sand what might seem like a yawn should be right about there never came "I think it's time for this Komodo to go have a nap"

Ambrose nodded, gave her a few pats on the shoulder. "I've noticed that my ... impulses seem more frequent the less I've eaten.... at least the more... bothersome ones. For my sanity, I try not to chronicle the less... disturbing ones and just go with the flow - keeping what's important to me." He stood up, stretching and shaking off the loose sand.

"I shall leave you to your rest, then. Sorry for taking up your time." He smiled.

"You are a friend Ambrose... taking up my time is a welcome thing, I dont mind the company" she too stood up brushing some sand off then pausing and peering at him, her tongue flickered and she nodded "I'll drop Angelina a note later" she said with a decisive nod before turning and heading towards the village

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:12 am
There was a hesitant knock on Ambrose's door. Vasile had a lot on his mind, and like always, he wanted to confide a bit in the man Vasile considered his best friend. He didn't know how...welcome or not he would be. For some reason he felt like he was breaking up a couple on their honeymoon or something. He knew Ambrose was planning to propose to Angelina, and wanted to wish him congratulations...as well as talk to him about other issues.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:17 am
A few moments later the door opened and Ambrose welcomed Vasile with a curious smile and pricked ears.

"Hey Vasile. To what do I owe the pleasure?" He stepped back, opening the door wider and gesturing him inside.

The room, other than Ambrose, was empty - the bed made and everything immaculately clean.  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:20 am
“Heya Ambrose!” Vasile gave a small wave, but there wasn't definitely something on his mind. He stepped in, looking around the room curiously. “Angelina here?”  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:24 am
Ambrose shook his head. "She stepped out for a bit."

He slipped his hands into his pockets and watched Vasile curiously. "How have you been...?"

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:26 am
“Ah.” He smiled. “Well... so.. did she say yes?”  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:29 am
Ambrose's face-stretching grin and exuberantly wagging tail answered the question before he even spoke. “She did! I.. I mean, wow. I mean... I thought she would, but still – it's such a fantastic feeling. I'm getting married, Vasile!” He reached over to clap his friend on the shoulder.  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:38 am
The tip of Vasile's tail twitched happily. “I glad for you, Ambrose! Thats really great! Congratulations!” Vasile returned the back clapping, nodding. He did look genuinely happy for him, despite his distracted look. He look a seat in one of the chairs, looking for an easy way to lead in to . “Hey Ambrose, I did come over to see how that went. And just to talk, ya know...” he paused for a few moments and shrugged. “Marlow changed,” he finally said, finding no other way to bring it up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:41 am
Ambrose sunk down to a seat on the edge of the bed as Vasile's tone changed. He had a feeling that something was weighing on his friend.

“Marlow did.... oh... that... that's never easy to see. Though, I mean, maybe it's for the better that he changed before time stretched on too long, right? I mean... I think that the anticipation for Angelina's change was almost worse than when it finally happened.”

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:44 am
“No...no its not easy,” he said, scratching the back of his head.

There was a moment of awkward silence. Vasile lowered his eyes and took a deep breath. “A snail.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:46 am
Ambrose cocked his head, not catching the conversational segue. “Snail...?” He queried.

Then his mind caught up with his mouth. “Oh...OH! Oh... Oh my god. That's what he's turning into?? Are... you sure?”

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:50 am
Vasile's ears dropped impossibly low, looking up Ambrose with his sad version of puppy dog eyes. “Yes, we're sure. Dr. Lockheart told him.”

He paused again, this time scratching the fur of his arm absently. “He knew, Ambrose. The whole time.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:00 am
A wince crossed Ambrose's face at the news and he hesitated before daring to meet Vasile's eyes again.

“I'm sorry, Vasile. I... I know how tough that must have been to learn. Maybe... that's why he didn't tell you.” Ambrose shook his head, reflecting on how much of an idiot he must have made of himself when he was trying to steer Marlow's thoughts to more positive ones.

And if it was hard for Vasile, Ambrose could only imagine how Marlow was handling it. What would it be like to hear that you were turning into something.. invertebrate... and slimy??

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:06 am
Vasile curled his tail into his lap and he twisted the fur between his fingers. "He should have told me!" Vasile insisted, his ears flicking back. "I... I had a right to know."  
The Duplexes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff