Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Duplexes
[Journal] Duplex #1 - Ambrose Maurlias & Angelina Swanson Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:54 pm
Ambrose's hopes were popped like a balloon, and his mannerisms mirrored Vasile, his tail (and ears) dropping and shoulders slumping. Bloody Hell. It wasn't fair! And who had been the boat captain? Vasile said a young woman that recognized him.. That probably sealed her fate here as well as a part of their 'zoo'. And she didn't even have the good fortune of at least being saved by landing here. No, her boat was fully functional... until now..

"The boat... you're dismantling it..?" Ambrose whined, even though he really wasn't surprised by this fact.

He then looked, stunned, to Vasile. "You don't know who that is??" Had Vasile not been introduced to the Island by Moreau? He had missed him at the Party, after all... and that was probably better for his sanity. "Yes. That's him" Ambrose replied in an audible whisper. "Moreau himself..."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:06 pm
"Forgotten me already Mr. DeRossi... I'm hurt." Moreau shrugged. "Of course I shouldn't expect much better from a blonde airhead like yourself."

"Now please boys, step away from the boat. If you get any closer to me or my men you'll have to take a little nap." Moreau grinned as one of the crewmen walked past him.

"Besides, where would you go back to? Ambrose would be treated like a freak and even with a bit of surgery Mr. DeRossi there is still the unfortunete likelyhood of developing cancer." Some of the crew laughed a bit at Moreau's comments.  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Vasile DiRossi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:09 pm
Vasile's eye twitched. Who the hell did this guy thing he was?? Airhead? Cancer? Was this guy for real?!

So this was Moreau himself.. the a** hole who ran the place. Who gave him his shot. The b*****d.

Vasile stepped up, quickly invading the Doctor's personal space. "Who died and made you God?" he demanded, narrowing his eyes at him threateningly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:16 pm
Ambrose cursed at his own tail as it flagged his own fear, tucking between his legs. Ambrose, unlike Vasile, had seen Moreau's displays of power... several times. And the other night at the Halloween party where Moreau had taken out The Dude with just a simple phrase still was quite fresh on his mind. Ambrose also still wondered if his own transformation the very next day was any sort of coincidence.

He swallowed, and tried to move his tail to a more dominant position, although he found out quickly that he still was rather unfamiliar with its... operation - the new muscle groups, and for the moment instinct was winning out.

"He.... uhm... more than you might think, Vasile" Ambrose cautioned.  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Doctor Moreau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:19 pm
Moreau grinned. "I am as close as they come to a god here.... deal with it."

"Subject 18... Sleep." Moreau started laughing maniacly "Goodnight Mr. DeRossi" was the last thing he heard.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:22 pm
Vasile opened his mouth to protest, but then he felt an odd tingle in the back of his brain, then a numbing sensation shoot down his arms, like electricity. Then everything faded quickly to back as his eyes rolled up in his head and he crumpled to the ground.  

Vasile DiRossi

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:23 pm
For the second time in very few days, Ambrose saw Moreau's display of true power over them, and it scared him. Almost scared him more than the thought of the physical transformations. They truly were at his every whim. He had control over their bodies AND their actions, to a degree.

"Why did you have to do that!?" Ambrose challenged, his hackles rising, though his tail still was firmly tucked between his legs. He rushed to Vasile, side, glad that at least he had fallen to the soft sand. He lifted his shoulders off the ground, holding him protectively, not taking his eyes off of Moreau. "He wasn't going to hurt you." His ears pressed back.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:28 pm
"I can't know that, and I am not going to allow this boat to destroy my grand design." Moreau looked very irrate now.

"Now take him and leave Mr. Maurlias, unless you wish to end up laying in the same sand." Moreau motioned his hand like he was motioning for a servent to leave.

It would have been clear to anyone that had known him for sometime that the actions of Sean Carroll had driven him even further over the edge. Moreau now looked thurly angry.  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:37 pm
Ambrose hated himself for it, and hated Moreau even more, but after the obvious displays of power, Ambrose knew that action against him was futile. He might be able to get a hit in. Maybe. But all that would result in was unconsciousness alone, and perhaps even worse. Moreau was their captor, and it was completely within his power to make this stay here much more miserable for all of them. Currently, while they were captive, they were at least comfortable - they were accomodated for, fed, and even given entertainment devices. All funded by this madman.

As he was thinking, a low growl was eminating from his chest, his ears pressed back, snarling defensively.

This man was making him an animal, less of a man. And flashing his teeth at him probably just gave him more of a power kick.

Ambrose really wanted to tell Moreau where he could shove his "grand design". Instead, he tried to get under Vasile, looping Vasile's arms around his shoulders and slowly rose to a stand. Morea was getting worse since Ambrose had arrived. Seeing his little project running well, experiencing the power....

As he turned, Ambrose spoke simply. "Power corrupts, Moreau." And began walking  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:45 pm
"Yes it does Mr. Maurlias. I'm sure you'll even grow to realize that in yourself." Moreau smiled and turned back to the boat. Moreau was enjoying the feeling of power as he went back to his work.

"Goodbye Mr. Maurlias." he waved as he began to work with the crews again, supervising the deconstruction.  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:01 pm
Ambrose was content letting his reply to Moreau be expressed simply by a dissatisified growl as he slowly carried Vasile back to Duplex 1, seething a hatred towards Moreau.

No, he didnt' expect for Moreau to let them escape. And it didn't surprise him that Moreau and his cronies were on the boat like ants on sugar as soon as it hit the island. But Moreau didn't have to be such an arrogant b*****d about it... and was that an honest-to-god maniacal laugh? Ambrose was scared- this was becoming more than a science project to him. It was becoming a power trip. And if that was true... things could potentially get a lot worse very quickly. And they were stuck there for the rest of their lives.....

After a long haul back to Duplex 1, Trying not to hurt Vasile as much as possible, he lay him down on the bed and took a seat nearby, trying to figure out if he should try to wake him or if he should let him wake naturally. Vasile hadn't budged all the walk back, despite his feet being drug along the sand and pathways. And Amaya had said that the Dude was alright after his konk... at least he was breathing... and his heart beating. But Ambrose, nonethless, fretted over his friend, pulling up a chair and sitting down to watch over him protectively.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:54 pm
Several hours later, Vasile opened his eyes and his fuzzy vision began to clear as he stared up at the ceiling of a Duplex. His head didn't really hurt, but it felt foggy, and he hand sand wedged into some very uncomfortable places. He blinked a few times and sat up, trying ot grasp exactly what happened.  

Vasile DiRossi

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:57 pm
Ambrose, during the wait, had made himself comfortable in the chair and picked up one of the couple books he had brought along to read.

But at Vasile's movement, Ambrose looked up quickly and set the book down on the bedside table. "Vasile...? How are you feeling?" He asked, concerned.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:01 pm
"I'm okay.. I guess..." He sat up and shook some of the sand out of his hair. "What the hell happened to me? Where's that idiot doc?"  

Vasile DiRossi

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:03 pm
Ambrose frowned uncomfortable. "Do you remember the last thing that happened...? You were approaching him, challenging him. ANd... well... he said "Subject 18 sleep" And.... you fell over." Ambrose fidgeted. "This is the second time I've seen him do something like this. At the Halloween party... near the end... The Dude punched him - got him right on the jaw!" Ambrose gestured to his own jaw with a fist. "and they argued, and he .... laid him out like that. I think he's gone off on some sort of power trip..."  
The Duplexes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games