[PRP] Brilliant and Shy Smiles ((Aquene & Belial)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`raze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:31 pm
User Image

In the winter snow, Belial stuck out like a sore thumb. It was white and perfect, soft and angelic. He was dark red and had Kalona wings. Wasn't that quite the opposition. But... the stallion was very fond of the snow. It felt good under his heavy hooves and against his pelt. His wings however, did not like the extra weight. He often put flying down to a minimum during the snowy season. He was a bit befuddled at how he ended up with the "scary" wings opposed to his sister Maharet, who go his mother's angelic feathered wings, while Jaci was not blessed with wings.

The young stallion walked slowly around a large evergreen tree, his nose pointed up towards the sky. His tongue was out a bit to catch the snowflakes, chuckling lightly. He dd not get to enjoy this as a foal... And nobody was here to see him act this way anyway!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:57 pm
User Image
A shadow passed briefly overhead as the multi-colored mare soared through the falling snow, golden eyes bright and a contented smile adorning her maw. A soft melody escaped her lips, cerulean-feathered wings flapping once to keep her adrift as the wind carried her tune away. She couldn't explain exactly why she was in such a good mood... perhaps it was the season... or perhaps the offer that young stallion had made the offer to accompany her on a flight or cloud-watching. Her smile brightened at the thought as a cold breeze swept through her flame-hued mane, inducing a shiver.

Conceding that it was a bit cold to be up in the air during a snowstorm, Aquene reluctantly drifted steadily towards the ground, legs outstretched as she executed a graceful, practiced landing, trotting a few paces to keep her balance. The cheerful melody continued to rise through the air, however, and warm golden hues were closed in her rapture as she sang softly, unconsciously swaying from side to side as she began an aimless walk, unknowingly passing a very familiar crimson stallion.

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

`raze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:26 pm
Belial had not noticed the shadow, too busy concentrating on the snowflakes that touched his tongue. He was not expecting anybody to fly overhead besides the few birds that stuck around in the winter months. But when nearby he heard what sounded like a landing and a melodic voice, he was quick to withdraw his tongue and stumble back. His pink colored eyes scanned the area quickly, looking for who could have landed, but his eyes found nothing upin their first sweep.

But after taking a better look, his eyes fell on a lightly colored mare, with cerulean feathered wings... His brows knitted together as he put the figure with a face and a name... Aquene, right? The one with the name that meant 'serene'. His confused and surprised expression changed a very shy one, his smile slight but still happy. At least it was someone he was aquainted with, not some stranger. The stallion took a few strides over to her, careful to be quiet. She was... Singing something? His shy smile grew a bit wider. It'd be a shame to interrupt her, so he just stopped in step and watched her, waiting for her to open her eyes and ntoice him.

And if he didn't, well.... He wouldn't blame her. But Belial had a feeling he'd clear his voice. It wouldn't hurt to have some company.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:36 pm
One ear twitched backwards, and the young mare started as she realized, belatedly, that she was not alone. A light flush arose on her features as the notes of her song were abruptly silenced, turning with a sheepish grin towards the familiar stallion as she pawed at the ground idly in slight embarassment. She hadn't been used to having company, and being caught singing to herself was one thing she would have avoided, given the chance- but if it was anyone, she supposed she was glad it was him. Meschach would have teased and taunted her endlessly about it, just to get a rise out of her. Her features almost twisted into annoyance at the thought, but she restrained herself- it wouldn't do to have her new friend thinking she didn't appreciate his company.

A friendly smile graced her maw as she offered a polite dip of her head in greeting, wings unfolding and re-folding themselves restlessly at her sides the only remaining indication of her embarassment. She hoped he would simply forget about it- but if her experience taught her anything, that wasn't likely to happen. "Belial! Pleasure to see you again so soon. What are you doing out here in the cold?"

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

`raze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:38 pm
He had noticed the abrupt silence to her song, and his ears were quick to flatten with slight annoyance. Did she stop because of him? There really was no need to. She had noting to be ashamed of! He collected himself quickly enough however, and shyly smiled at her pawing of the ground. He turned his eyes away breifly, before looking back to her. It was nice to hear a familiar voice, see a friendly face.

Belial watched her with kind eyes and with his trademark shy smile as she fomally greeted him. He attemped to mimic the greeting, bowing his head a little and flexing his demonic wings. It was a smooth, fluid motion, and he was quick to fold his wings away. His smile widened when the mare spoke his name, and he broke out into a grin. "It's good to see you again so soon, Aquene!" He flipped his bangs, and took a friendly step towards her, "Just messing around in the snow. Y'know, err, catching snowflakes..." He flicked his tail and chuckled nervously. "Stuff I missed as a little colt. Yourself?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:32 pm
She took note of his ears flattening themselves back as she halted her song, wondering slightly at its significance as she eyed him curiously. Apparently he didn't mind her singing... perhaps he even enjoyed it a bit? The thought caused another flush to warm her features, though in a good way this time, and she hurried to dismiss the idea. It wouldn't do to turn into a blushing, stuttering fool every time a handsome stallion paid her a compliment.

'Handsome'... she was definitely letting her thoughts run away from her again.

Clearing her throat to banish her runaway thoughts to a far corner of her mind, she smiled brighter at the sight of his own pleased grin. It was definitely nice to have a friend again, after all this time. She laughed softly at the mention of catching snowflakes, glancing up at the falling snow before meeting his eyes with a grin of her own. "That sounds like fun, actually... I don't remember doing anything like that myself as a foal, either. I was just taking one of my late night flights... although I didn't think to account for how cold it would be." She shivered slightly at the mention, her grin turning sheepish.

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

`raze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:43 am
It was very easy for the pink eyes of the stallion to pick up on her flush. She was a very light color, so the darkening of it on her cheeks caused confusion in the stallion. Was she upset about something? Belial wanted to inquiry why, his eyes appraising the mare. He hadn't said anything to offend her! So it had to be something else.... But what? Why would a mare's face take on a shade of red? He hoped it was a good thing. It looked good with her sunset mane and soft pink coat.

He chuckled and looked up at the falling snowflakes, "It is fun And cold," he feigned a shiver and shyly looked a her for approval, hoping she wouldn't mind his playing around. He flexed his wings at the word flight, and looked thoughtful, "I didn't fly much as a foal. My brother didn't have wings, so I didn't want to bother him if he was jealous," he said in a near quiet tone, his face falling serious for a moment. He needed to talk to Jaci again sometime... He grinned when she grinned, and flicked his long tail towards her, "Would you rather go for a fly, then?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:53 pm
She laughed softly as he faked a shiver, shaking her head in amusement and meeting his eyes again with another smile. The flush had disappated, but there was still a rosy hue to the flesh of her cheeks because of the cold. "I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that you're not cold. You stallions seem to be immune to it, sometimes- or at least pretend you are."

Her gaze gentled slightly at the mention of his flightless brother, an approving smile adorning her muzzle. "That's very considerate of you. My sister is a grounded as well, so I had much of the same problem. Although it didn't stop me from trying when I got far enough from home." She chuckled at the memory. "I was so determined to fly while my wings were so underdeveloped... I had bruises almost constantly when I went back home."

Her ears twitched forward and she perked slightly at the mention of a flight, her smile brightening a little more, if it was even possible, and she nodded once. "I would love that. I've never had company for a flight before, but it sounds enjoyable."

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

`raze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:12 pm
Encouraged by her laughter, Belial felt a bit more at ease. The stallion didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or wish that she wasn't talking to him, so it was a good sign, right? He playfully rolled his pink eyes at her words, but did not counter them. He wasn't immune to the cold (actually, he wasn't very fond of it), and he wasn't very good at pretending. His father had hoped that he only acted naive at times, but fact was that well, Belial wasn't the sharpest nail of the bunch. He was more to himself than with his siblings, nor did he play around much as a foal.

A warm smile tugged at his lips as he flipped his bangs in oder to view her better. Her story was endearing, and relateable. He rose his brows as a thought hit him, and he stretched his Kalona wings a little. "So that must mean you're relaly good at flying, right?" His tone was light and there was no hint of teasing in his voice. Jaci often used such a tone with him; he never appreciated it much. Prbably because it was from Jaci.

Belial nearly exhaled a sigh of relief when the mare accepted his invitation. Had he been holding his breath for it? He shook the thought away and took a few steps towards her and a few awa y to give her space.

"Well, as they say, I think. Ladies first?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:28 pm
She couldn't supprress andother grin as he rolled his eys, thrwapping him playfully with one of her wings as she spread them in preparation for a flight. She tilted her head at his question, pondering a way to answer as she thought about it. "I think so, but I suppose I'm not as good as my mother."

She could see his relief at her acceptance, and it made her smile again. He was a charming stallion, and he seemed to appreciate her company as much as she appreciated his. She definitely wouldn't mind having a friend like him around for a long time to come... she hoped he felt the same way.

"Thank you. You're quite the gentleman," she laughed slightly as he gestured for her to go first, giving him a gracious nod of her head before she lifted off the ground with a single powerful flap of her flame-tipped wings, hovering near for a moment before she lifted higher into the sky, giving him enough room to take off and join her. "We shall see how skilled you are in the same respect, hmm? I'm sure you're probably just as good as me, if not better."

Kalonas were built to fly faster than winds, after all, lacking the feathers that tended to slow winds down.

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

`raze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:41 pm
He stood a bit proudly when she called him a gentleman. That was a good thing, right? His father raised him to treat oters respectfully, though he, like his father, was not very sociable. Belial, however, did enjoy the company of more pleasant horses. Jaci was a bit too cocky for his taste, and Maharet was a tad too skittish and was never around a lot. The stallion was quite socially awkward; seeing the mare smile made him feel a lot more comfortable and confident.

He had seen Wind wings in action before. Maharet and his mother had them, but they never used them much. He was stunned by the power that they held. They always looked rather dainty, but sturdy. He flexed his own Kalona wings, a tad ashamed of their evil look. He didn't want to be associated with the darkness that was the taint of his blood. He took a few rushed steps forward and flapped his wings hard, and like Aquene, was able to lift himself with one flap. Obviously not as trained with them, he beat them harder than she probably did, but flashed a sheepish grin.

"So where to?" His eyes roamed over her form with a quick sweep, taking in her posture. Aquene really didn't have a problem flying at all. He wanted to have that confidence in his skill. It was good things were looking hopeful for ther friendship. That would mean more flights with her, and more chances to better his skill and get to know her better. Not even on their first flight and he was looking forward to the next!

He was a quite hopeful stallion.

"Your mother must be an amazing flyer. You're posture is really good, and you don't flap your wings as much as me." He chuckled, shaking his head. "I think may have been eating a little too much lately." The look that crossed his face was thoughtful, actually considering lowering his apple and grass intake.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:05 pm
She smiled at his proud look when she complimented him, watching in interest as he took off. She'd never seen a kalona in action before- the way they moved was different from the way her kind flew, but no less impressive. She admired his bat-like wings from her perspective, watching him rise from the ground much like she had. He wasn't as in-practice as herself, but it was nothing that couldn't change with time and effort. She had no doubt that with time, he would be much better than her.

She shrugged at the question of where to go, casting a glance towards the bright sky with a dreamy smile adorning her ivory features. "I didn't have anywhere in particular in mind, but now that you mention it, I know a few places that are exceptionally beautiful at this time of day. Would you like to see them?"

She blushed at the praise slightly, but offered a bright smile, and laughed at the mention of him putting on a little weight. "You don't look very heavy to me. And thank you... I always admired the way my mother flew. You could confuse her for a bird if it weren't for her size." She grinned at him, flaring her wings a bit to let a gust take her a bit higher into the air. "I'm sure you could be better than her or me, if you worked at it. Your wings are quite amazing."

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

`raze

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm
He nodded at her suggestion, his eyes surveying the ground beneath them. Even though he was more comfortable with Aquene, he was still a bit unsure of how to act or what to say. He always tried to do what came most naturally to him, even though most of the time it was a little awkward. "What exactly do you find exceptionally beautiful, if I may ask? But of course. I wouldn't mind seeing something aesthetically pleasing." He said, though immediatly looked down and bit his tongue. To him, it almost sounded insulting. She herself was, but hopefully she wouldn't take it as if he was saying he'd rather look somewhere else than at her.

Ugh. He was so bad at these things, but his siblings and father always said it was "charming", the way he acted. Feh, yeah right. When she spoke again, he lifted his head rspectfully and watched her. Such admiration she held for her mother... He smiled softly, though it flatered a bit when she spoke of his wings. Belial believed his wings were the taint of his bloodline. The evil blood of his grandmother was what showed most dominantly in him compared to his siblings. It was nothing amazing. He dismissed what she said almost coldly, but moved to fly a little ahead of her, "So, where to?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:30 pm
She blinked at the comment, and his reaction to it, but only laughed softly as she shook her head. She didn't take it as an insult any more than he would have... honestly, he wasn't anything bad to look at, either. "It's a gorgeous beach by the cliffsides. I go there to watch sunsets sometimes- it's absolutely breathtaking."

She glanced over at him as he flew past her, and didn't fail to notice the abrupt change of subject. It worried her a bit, as she watched him falter, and concern rose to the forefront of her mind. Was he... ashamed? Why? He had nothing to be ashamed of... she envied his good looks, and the kalona traits only enhanced that. She couldn't find anything about his appearance that she would wish to change...

Still, it wasn't as if she could outright ask him about it... he didn't seem the most willing to discuss it. Instead, she pasted a bright smile upon her features once more and flapped to join him, motioning with a toss of her head the direction that the said beach was in. "This way." Then pausing a moment, she grinned playfully over at him to dismiss the remnants of the solemness that had occupied the air between them. "Fancy a race?"

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

`raze

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:04 pm
"Breathtaking, huh?" He said quietly, watching her carefully. Would it look like her? Her mane was practically the colors of the sunset on a warm summer day. This ay wasn't necessarily that. Would it look different? He kept himself busied on that thought instead of how he had practically given her the cold shoulder concerning his wings. It was better to just pass such topics up. He was grateful she didn't press him, and for that Belial smiled soflty at the soft hued mare.

He rose his brows at Aquene, before a wide smile forced him to shake off the tension. "Ladies first," he said in a near teasing tone as he tried to stay aligned with her to give her the edge. He flapped his powerful wings, keeping himself afloat easily. Even though it was gentlemanly to let her go ahead, he knew very well that he could probably overtake her. But she did have a lot of flying experience... It'dprove to be quite interesting.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff