Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oathkeeper; A Kingdom Hearts Guild

Back to Guilds

A healthy and dedicated Kingdom Hearts Guild. Celebrating 4 great years! 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Oathkeeper, Disney 

Reply Oathkeeper; A Kingdom Hearts Guild
Did You Like Roxas Before You Knew He Was Sora's Nobody? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roxas
  <3
  </3
  *don't care. gold!*
View Results

complex_ity_

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:43 pm
I remember when I first started playing the game, I couldn't stop thinking, "Where's Sora?" I hadn't played Kingdom Hearts the first yet - I couldn't find it in stores - and so I thought I was missing some crucial piece of information that explained why I had to run around as a kid named Roxas and get a job.

Then, once I discovered Roxas was Sora's Nobody - and learned his whole tragic history - Roxas became my favourite character! I was crushed when his short part in the game came to an end, and I had to go back to playing poor naive Sora.

Speak out: did you like Roxas before you knew he was Sora's Nobody?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:29 am
Well it all depends on how and what point you were playing the game. Like for example. You beat KHI but you haven't even played chain of memories but you just bought KHII. You will pretty much miss more than half of the plot of the story because you have no idea who Namine and the Organization XIII is. So it all depends on what order you started to play and wether or not you completed it. I suggest that you go in order and finish the game before you move onto the next one. The whole game will make a lot more sense. wink  

Slim Shady64

xiUchihax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:24 am
I liked Roxas even more when I found out he was Sora's nobody. heart heart heart

This reminds me.
Did you know that Roxas's voice in english is Jesse McCartney's(sp?) voice? eek
Weird huh? Totally forgot about that guy.

Anyway Roxas is cool. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:55 pm
xiUchihax
I liked Roxas even more when I found out he was Sora's nobody. heart heart heart

This reminds me.
Did you know that Roxas's voice in english is Jesse McCartney's(sp?) voice? eek
Weird huh? Totally forgot about that guy.

Anyway Roxas is cool. 3nodding

I know, I was so surprised seeing that name again. He was a popular singer...when was it, when I was in Grade 2? razz  

complex_ity_

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

The Kraken
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:21 pm
I can't really recall any time that I didn't know that he was a part of Sora.

Back when he was referred to as "The Blond-Haired Kid" I kept looking at him and thinking, "God! He just has to be connected to Sora in some way!" And then in Chain of Memories someone in the Organization mentioned "The other side of Sora's heart" and he automatically became "The Other Side of Sora's Heart" in my book, until he was confirmed with the name Roxas. (Which wasn't until I began the second game)

But I love Roxas to death. He looks like someone I would want to hug if he were in existance. Jesse McCartney's pretty cute, too. I would hug him if he got close enough.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:26 am
The Kraken
But I love Roxas to death. He looks like someone I would want to hug if he were in existance. Jesse McCartney's pretty cute, too. I would hug him if he got close enough.

I agree wholeheartedly with your first statement. As for the second, lol .

I love searching for previews of 358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep too, because in images of one I get to see Roxas, and in the other I get to see Ven (who just looks like a happier Roxas).  

complex_ity_

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

acmpuppy

4,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:34 pm
I had just gotten to Twilight town in COM when I started KH2 so I was like 'Is that Sora or something?' so I liked him... and when i figured out he was Axel's friend I liked him even more mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:11 pm
complex_ity_
I remember when I first started playing the game, I couldn't stop thinking, "Where's Sora?" I hadn't played Kingdom Hearts the first yet - I couldn't find it in stores - and so I thought I was missing some crucial piece of information that explained why I had to run around as a kid named Roxas and get a job.

Then, once I discovered Roxas was Sora's Nobody - and learned his whole tragic history - Roxas became my favourite character! I was crushed when his short part in the game came to an end, and I had to go back to playing poor naive Sora.

Speak out: did you like Roxas before you knew he was Sora's Nobody?

I know! At first I really missed Sora and was getting really annoyed he wasnt there... Then after Roxas left I wanted him back! crying  

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Fogheart

Friendly Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:27 am
I thought he was a cool guy =]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:25 am
I loved Roxas from the moment I first saw him. heart (that sounds cheesy, doesn't it?). I really love Twilight Town too. And Sifer(sp?), for some reason. I just think Roxas is really adorable. I wanna hug him. He's so emo. wink
I got really sad when I wasn't playing him anymore. I like Sora and all but... I like Roxas better. gonk

Spindra

pandalovees

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:41 am
Psh I always have loved Roxas! I mean his name is like so unique and cool! xD but I was sad that I didn't get to play my cute Sora but once I found out that he had his uber short outfit I was like ROXAS! Teehee when I first saw Roxas (The japanesse opening) I thought he was Riku for a minute xD Stupid stupid me eh? lol rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:25 pm
I sorta did because I wanted to hurry up and get to playing Sora... but tha'ts about it.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Kable_19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:23 pm
roxas was tight...at first i wanted sora but then i was like dis kid is kool den he left and i was wtf he was dere for so little time but den i was glad to see him again in da end on one of the cutscenes  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:35 am
I was kind of confused at first, but then everything started to come together and made sense. But I still have to confess, I didn't really like Roxas all that much. I was like "but, where is Donald and Goofy?" for a long while, because I hadn't played the first game either. I was such a noob. Gads...  

Shinju Umiko

Rainbow Reveler

17,575 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50

G u a r d i a n

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:30 pm
I usually play RPGs several times through, because I'm a freak like that, but the first times through I always spend forever in each place just trying to get to know the character. I already suspected that Roxas was related to Sora in some way. Besides the way they look alike, Roxas and Sora make a lot of the same motions. For instance, running around, walking around... even when they talk, they both raise their palms up and move their hands like they're weighing something.

Besides all that, I really liked Roxas even before I knew exactly what he was to Sora. Some impact came from Sora's character, but Roxas developed a place of his own as I got to spend time playing as him.

Oathkeeper; A Kingdom Hearts Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff