Blythe Dautry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:57 pm
Who are you?

Name: Blythe Miriam Dautry
Beast of Choice: Cryo-Sphinx

Birthdate: September 18 in the year of our Lord 1961
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125 lbs
Eyes: Gray, behind half moon glasses with chain.
Hair: Black with gray streaks, usually up in a tight bun.
To which social class do you belong?
A high class but not to the level of some. Is a blueblood but barely.
Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

Allergic to Karob and goose and duck feathers.
Are you right- or left-handed?

Right handed
What does your voice sound like?

If you would think of Susan Sullivan voice, but make it a tad bit lower and much more British.
Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
A fairly tall woman, at least in the british world with a slim waist and slender arms. Her extremely long hair is often pulled up into a severe bun so the students have no idea how long her hair is but when it is let down it goes down to her rear. Her face is delicate but one would never be able to tell because of her severity. Her eyebrows are tweesed into thin little lines and are perpetually high, which makes her look continuously down on people. Her hair does not help her as it pulls on her forhead. Her nose is slightly hawkish as it points down but is still thin. Her lips are when relaxed normal is neither full nor thin but she constantly makes them into a thin line which caused the wrinkles around her mouth, she is also often frowning so there are lines on her face there.

Surprisingly her eyes hold no real lines as she rarely smiles, but her eyes are her the really fetching part of her, they are almond shaped and well porportioned to her face, she often wears a brown eye shadow and light blush (barely visible) and a marroon lipstick. Her eye color is a gray color which she inherited from her mother.

Her dress is always high collared and strict. Her blouses ironed and a bit frilly probably the only frilly thing on her, it is often a creme color. She chooses darker bland colors, the brightest colors she wears is navy blue and dark marroon. Her shoes are black, always black, they button up on the side compaired to the picture. They are all leather, she has them custom made for her size 7 foot. Shoes

She always has three things on her, her brooch, her pocket watch, and her reading glasses. Her brooch is a large ruby that was supposedly from her great grandmother, set in a gold it is found at the hollow of her throat. Also, possibly the catalyst to be transported. The second thing is her solid gold pocket watch for reaching tenure and becoming Headmistress of the school. It is constantly on her person with the chain attached to her bottom button hole and she checks it frequently. Her spectacles are silver framed and very thin half moon lens on a simple silver chain around her neck. She cannot read with out them.

Ethnicity:
British
Likes: Order, rules, mystery novel, tea, her brooch, her family Bible, her school, her schedual, her study, the morning after a snow storm when the world is dead silent.

Dislikes: Silly students who break the rules, noisey bothersome children which destroy her front yard, upstart parents who think they know best, modern tv, distrubtions of order, chaos in general, and not being on time.

Fears:
Her students taking over, loosing control, loosing her father's gift to her, loosing her pocket watch, being fired, and becoming a vegetable.

Personality:A cold individual she runs her school with an iron fist. she is a firm believer of 'spare the rod spoil the child'. She is quite often alone and never lets a person close to her. The only person who was in any shape close to her was her father who she looked up to quite a bit. She is often quite harsh and believes her way is best. She chooses simple pleasures over the greater things in life. Strict and stern she is not someone to mess with, especially when she has made up her mind. In one way she is extremely stubborn.

Home: Glouchester, England

Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Father: Maxwell Brocklin Dautry, Headmaster. Stern and controlling.
Mother: Elizabeth Abbey Addison, Heiress. Used to be strong willed and personable. Now Mousey and delusional.
History:Her household growing up would remind you of the begining of a tragic Dickens story. Her father the stern strict ruler of the house ruled every aspect of his childrens life. Her mother was the small mousy woman who was responsible for the house work. Her brother was always a bit of a day dreamer never really fit in with the family. He got along more with the quite mother than with the controlling father. Which is why she flourished under his rule than her brother. She trived and worked harder everytime he made a comment that it wasn't quite good enough. She strived to grow up to be just like her father. The head of a high ranking school, and known for the students that would be produced.

It was in her stint in high school that her brother had his first falling out with his family. He, being the oldest, was first to go to college but he refused to even look at any "pretentious" school her father suggested in instead he wanted to go to an art school. Her father had been furious and threatened to not pay for his education, Samuel did not change his mind. He instead took his talents and received many scholarships to the school of his choice in the states. She in the mean time graduated as the top of her class, and preceded to the college her father had chosen for her.

In her senior year during Christmas her brother returned home, he had drastically changed. His hair had been cut and dyed strange colors, his face and ears were pierced like some hoodlum. His clothes outragious and not fitting of their station. All in all he made their mother faint. His father managed to restrain himself and brought the prodigal son inside. Dinner was tense that night, since she was the one person to remain in good graces with both she was starting all the conversations. The talks went down hill when the son accused their father of ruining her future by sending her to her college, the father quickly grew red in the face and she (yes she) ended up throwing him out. She wanted to go to that school and how dare he insult her like that. Since then no contact was made.

Soon she graduated and was accepted as a teacher in a good private school, and worked her way up to headmistress. Her father was very proud of her and told her so for once. She to this day holds that as her highest acheivement. At the age of 41 her father became deathly ill, for one whole year he hung on to life requesting to see his son, who never answered. On the day her father died with her and her mother around him he was still calling out for his son. For that she would never forgive her brother.

She still went to work each day not taking any sick time to grieve, as such whatever was left of her warm feelings dried up, inside she still felt but they were always pushed down and away. She was cold and distant, which was awarded by celebrating her good acheivements in education. Still at work and living beside the school in her little house is where we find her now.

How would she be transported to the different dimension?
Her father's brooch would be broken by an unruly student. After she takes it to the jeweler the stone is replaced with the trigger which would send her to the era. There she would undergo a transformation to turn her into a Cyro-sphinx.

What do you have in your pockets?
Pocket watch and Set of old keys on a key ring for the school. Depending on where her transport happens she may have her purse on her, which has the following items: A hankerchief, old compact mirror, tube of lipstick, a lozenge, her wallet with about 20 pounds and some odd change, a tampon (she isn't through the final change yet), Vitamine pills (small bottle anbout three fourths full), and a small pen.
Why this creature?: Well as a Sphinx a creature of mystery and cruel consequences she would fit right in. She loves mysteries and often dreams (very very secretly) of writing her own. She also is known in her school for dealing out extreme punishments for students who mess up, much like a sphinx would if the guesser was wrong. The cryo part comes in because she is so cold, she is almost unapproachable to even the adults she interacts with.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:11 am
More About Me

• What kind of distinguishing facial features does your character have?
Nose a bit pointed in a hawkish fashion but not severely so. Delicate face, soft eyes, I dare say I may be quite fetching. Half moon spectacles on a silver delicate frame, with accompanying chain around the neck.
• Does your character have a birthmark? Where is it? What about scars? How did he get them?
Yes one birth mark why I need to put it down I don't rightly know but it is on my left inner arm, it's a tannish roundish thing. Quite ordinary.
• Who are your character’s friends and family? Who does she surround herself with? Who are the people your character is closest to? Who does he wish he were closest to?
My father was a Head master of a quite famous school in England, he died roughly four years ago. I do wish he was still around. My mother is a quiet mousy woman who spends more time watching the tele then doing anything of worth. I had one brother but I no longer speak to him after what he did to father.
Where was your character born? Where has she lived since then? Where does she call home?
I was born in Gloucester, England, and spent most of my young life there. After attending college at Wooten University, I found gainful employment in Wales. Though I do miss my old home I am far happier here in Presteigne, in my school.
• Where does your character go when she’s angry?
My office seems to be my only sanctuary. There I can recover myself from the little ruffians who try to run amok in my halls.
• What is her biggest fear? Who has she told this to? Who would she never tell this to? Why?
My biggest fear is that I will fail at properly raising one of these young boys to be working members of society. I suppose all the parents know of this and all the students dread it. It is truly for their own good.
• Does she have a secret?
No, of course not. Well, I do love. No no no It's such a silly little thing. Well I suppose, I love a good mystery novel every now and then.
• What makes your character laugh out loud?
The gal of little boys trying to sneak out at a late hour, I suppose. Perhaps solving the riddle or mystery before the protagonist.
• When has your character been in love? Had a broken heart?
This...is an uncomfortable question for me. Once a long time ago I had a young lad of the name Thomas. He was a handsome youth who doted on me and was approved of by my father. A hard thing to gain at that time. We went out on our dates, chaperoned of course, and had many a romantic time. Alas, my love was not to be, for he was untrue. It seemed that my Thomas was unfaithful to me, when he was caught by my brother snogging a little twit by the name of Marylin Paddock. I was not forward enough for him, he stole my heart and has yet to return it to me. And yet I still love him, truly I do.
Then dig deeper by asking more unconventional questions:

• What is in your character’s refrigerator right now? On her bedroom floor? On her nightstand? In her garbage can?
The essentials for one person, all basic food groups excluding the sweets at the top. My floor is meticulously clean with only my furniture and my woven rug. My garbage is filled with odd scraps of paper, old quills, loose threads from my sewing, as well as a few tea bags.
• Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Does he wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Is he in socks that are ratty and full of holes? Or is he wearing a pair of blue and gold slippers knitted by his grandmother?
My shoes! Why are they important? *sigh* If I must. My feet are covered in custom handmade high heeled boots, black leather, which button up along the inner of my leg. They reach about 2/3 up my calf. My stalkings are black as well.
• When your character thinks of her childhood kitchen, what smell does she associate with it? Sauerkraut? Oatmeal cookies? Paint? Why is that smell so resonant for her?
I smell my mother's roast in the oven, before she became inactive. It brings to mind my family sitting together at the table saying grace and my great proud father sitting at the head of the table asking about our grades.
Your character is doing intense spring cleaning. What is easy for her to throw out? What is difficult for her to part with? Why?
What is there to throw out I have everything I need and everything else is gone before it piles up. I suppose dusting and waxing of my wooden floors is not throwing anything away.
• It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. If he’s eating breakfast, what exactly does he eat? If she’s stretching out in her backyard to sun, what kind of blanket or towel does she lie on?
I am grading papers in my study, with a fresh cup of Earl Grey at my side in my favorite china, two teaspoons of sugar with a squeeze of lemon. Stirred ten times. After that if I have time i read or sew then off to bathe then bed.
• What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?
The day my older brother left my family. My father and brother were arguing over such nonsense of why my brother refused to get a real job. I mean really, working as a musician? There is no real work in it, my father was right, my brother did not deserve to be born into my family.
• Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where is she going? What does she wear? Who will she be with?
I don't go out anywhere anymore, not since Thomas. I used to go out in beautiful full length skirts with my mother's borrowed pearls in satin pumps. Now I do my work and tend to my students.  

Blythe Dautry

Blythe Dautry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:26 am
What Is This An Autobiography?!

• What do you consider your greatest achievement?

My ascension to Headmistress to my school.
• What is your idea of perfect happiness?

having an entire year go without any interruption. No students misbehaving, no unscheduled visits from families, everything going in the right order and time.
• What is your current state of mind?
Well what does that have to do with*sigh* never mind. My current state is that I am very confused over this question, aside from that very focused and situated on future events.
• What is your favorite occupation?

I've answered this Headmistress
• What is your most treasured possession?
My brooch my father gave me, before he died.
• What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My Thomas. I really wish it would stop being brought back up.
• What is your favorite journey?

To Ireland, very nice country very green and peaceful.
• What is your most marked characteristic?
I suppose I've been called stern person, cold even. I suppose it's my English uppity-ness
• What is it that you most dislike?
Chaos in my school and lateness, I cannot abide for lateness.

• Which living person do you most despise?

My brother Samual
• What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
• Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Sherlocke Holmes, what that man could do.

• Which living person do you most admire?

Some of he parents That I meet they have truly raised some of the finest children I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

• On what occasions do you lie?

When I am trying to convey gently to my student's parents that their child is perhaps not the smartest of the bunch.
• Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Rules are there for a purpose."
• If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
What a silly question, but I suppose a cat.. They don't have to worry about time or responsibilities.
• What is your motto?
Curfews are there for a reason.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:39 am
Riddle Me This

The Sphinx

Sphinx in South and South-East Asia

Sphinx in Greek means to strangle.

A composite mythological being with the body of a lion and the head of a human being is present in the traditions, mythology and art of South and South-East Asia [3] [4] Variously known as purushamriga (Sanskrit=human-beast), purushamirukam (Tamil=human-beast), naravirala (Sanskrit=man-cat) in India. Or as nara-simha (Pali=man-lion) in Sri Lanka [5], manusiha or manuthiha (Pali=man-lion) in Myanmar, and Nora Nair or Thepnorasingh in Thailand.

In contrast to the sphinx in Egypt, Mesopotamia and Greece, where the traditions have been largely lost due to the discontinuity of the civilization [6], the traditions of the "Asian sphinx" are very much alive today. The earliest artistic depictions of "sphinxes" from the South Asian subcontinent are to some extend influenced by Hellenistic art. These hail from the period when Buddhist art underwent a phase of Hellenistic influence. But the "sphinxes" from Mathura, Kausambi and Sanchi, dated to the 3rd century BCE till the 1st century CE, also show a considerable non-Hellenist, indigenous character. It is therefore not possible to conclude the concept of the "sphinx" originated through foreign influence.

It is said by the tradition to take away the sins of the devotees when they enter a temple and to ward off evil in general. It is therefore often found in a strategic position on the gopuram or temple gateway, or near the entrance of the Sanctum Sanctorum.

In Sri Lanka the sphinx is known as narasimha or man-lion. As a sphinx it has the body of a lion and the head of a human being, and is not to be confused with Narasimha, the 4th reincarnation of the deity Mahavishnu; this avatara or incarnation is depicted with a human body and the head of a lion. The "sphinx" narasimha is part of the Buddhist tradition and functions as a guardian of the northern direction and was also depicted on banners.

In Myanmar the sphinx is known as manusiha and manuthiha. It is depicted on the corners of Buddhist stupas, and its legends tells how it was created by Buddhist monks to protect a new born royal baby from being devoured by ogresses.

My Sphinx

For my idea of a Sphinx I am combining several concepts to create a Cryo-Sphinx since none actually exists.

The above description is for the basic idea of what her base body will look like, a human head and breast with the body of a lioness. She will take on a more feral look as well and her hair shall become unbound. She will have limited use of her paws, the same as a lion, base manipulation. Her mouth will be filled with the teeth of a lioness, sharp and deadly. Her smile will be a truly frightening sight. She would also have wings the colored of grayish snow, so white with a tint of gray to it.

For the Cryo part, ice and snow is her home land. Her whole body takes on a light blue sheen but not unhealthily so. Her fur is the darkest blue on her which is more like a pale blue deep iceberg color. Her fur will also get noticeably thicker in order to withstand the cold weather. Did you know blue ice is real? It is a rare phenomenon that occurs in icebergs, a pale but rich blue color. Her skin is almost like a frozen body's, her lips a blueish color, in fact any place where the skin was left unfured is cast with a light blue sheen. She would hopefully have enough sense to, while she still had hands, to put the brooch on a chain, or more likely a piece of twine.

Now onto her budding personality. I am basing her off of an Egyptian sphinx, which was seen as more of a guardian that embodied wisdom. Unlike the Greek sphinx which was plainly a real jerk and if the riddle was solved would kill herself. She would most likely guard something in her home/cave. Don't get me wrong here, Egyptian Sphinx's weren't push overs they were fierce and ruthless in their duty and would most likely rip you apart then help you. In order to gain their wisdom or treasure you would have to prove yourself, either by solving the riddle or performing a task for them. They would demand this of everyone/thing.

She would most likely in the event of the villagers hatred hide up in the high mountains where she would be in her element of the cold, to guard her "treasure(s)".  

Blythe Dautry

Blythe Dautry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:54 am
Art Whore

Blythe

Blythe 25%

Other art

Blythe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:13 am
The Changed

Alex Barrett... A strange fellow, with a very outgoing personality. I could very much see him being in control.

Cecil Milner... Quiet boy whom I found out to be a mute. He seems to have a bit of an attitude though but nothing too grating

Karin Makarios... Nice woman if a bit butchm I think it would do her a world of good to wear a dress every now and then.

Rick Katan... Quiet fellow, from the looks of it he seems like a young hooligan. Distasteful.

Jamie Lewis... Such a sweet boy, a bit fragile but still he would have been a joy to teach.

Christopher Sanders...I feel quite guilty about this but he too grates on my nerves. A bit too cheerful and accepting if you ask me.  

Blythe Dautry

Blythe Dautry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:32 am
saved  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:13 pm
saved  

Blythe Dautry

Blythe Dautry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:18 pm
saved  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:19 pm
saved