Reply Debate and Discussion
Does the prison system in USA benefit society? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Incarcerated_love

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:23 pm
Do you think the US prison system efficiently rehabilitates convicts? Or does it just produce smarter and worse criminals.

I think the prison system is a joke! Let's lock up a bunch of criminals together and treat them inhumanely, let the younger criminals learn from the older ones, maybe develop a new drug addiction and then set them free when their time is done with $75.00 a bus ticket and no legal hopes to support themselves or their families cause they have a felony on their record. What the rehabilitation system does today is breed more criminals.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:17 pm
Incarcerated_love
Do you think the US prison system efficiently rehabilitates convicts? Or does it just produce smarter and worse criminals.

I think the prison system is a joke! Let's lock up a bunch of criminals together and treat them inhumanely, let the younger criminals learn from the older ones, maybe develop a new drug addiction and then set them free when their time is done with $75.00 a bus ticket and no legal hopes to support themselves or their families cause they have a felony on their record. What the rehabilitation system does today is breed more criminals.

I think many Americans are obsessed with punishment and our justice system reflects that.

"For all that lie in vengeance wake are the mournful cries of those who survive!"  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 pm
Incarcerated_love

i dont know, my cousins murderer looks pretty well treated. hes also got life in general population, because after 10 years in the safest spot in a WA prison- death row, he cut a deal. he admits to what he did, he wont be exicuted in however many years. so now, if the other inmates havent killed him allready (my cousin was 7) he gets 3 free hot meals a day, an exersize yard, free cloaths and tv- all with the other inmates. the only thing he was lacking before was the other inmates. so why is it a joke? what is funny about the prison system. americas prisoners get treated better than our poor do. when they get out, they can get jobs, the only thing a felon cant do is vote. they can get jobs, but employers have the right not to hire whomever they dont wanna hire. they dont hire a lot of non-convicts sometimes too. its hard for everyone to get a job. as for the money, how much should they give them?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:50 pm
promised_child
Incarcerated_love

i dont know, my cousins murderer looks pretty well treated. hes also got life in general population, because after 10 years in the safest spot in a WA prison- death row, he cut a deal. he admits to what he did, he wont be exicuted in however many years. so now, if the other inmates havent killed him allready (my cousin was 7) he gets 3 free hot meals a day, an exersize yard, free cloaths and tv- all with the other inmates. the only thing he was lacking before was the other inmates. so why is it a joke? what is funny about the prison system. americas prisoners get treated better than our poor do. when they get out, they can get jobs, the only thing a felon cant do is vote. they can get jobs, but employers have the right not to hire whomever they dont wanna hire. they dont hire a lot of non-convicts sometimes too. its hard for everyone to get a job. as for the money, how much should they give them?

see now it would make sense that he would work off his crimes, however, I wouldn't think he would ever finish  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:15 am
lordstar
promised_child
Incarcerated_love

see now it would make sense that he would work off his crimes, however, I wouldn't think he would ever finish

but how do you work off stealing 14 years of a child from her mother. or 14 years on understanding and joy from that childs best friend *is glad she can talk about this without crying*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:57 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
Incarcerated_love

but how do you work off stealing 14 years of a child from her mother. or 14 years on understanding and joy from that childs best friend *is glad she can talk about this without crying*

He can try...wont ever finish but he can try  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:44 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
Incarcerated_love

sorry i mean 12, i was hoping it was further back.

thats just it though, hes had 12 years to do just that and for 10 of them, he was swearing that my aunt had killed her. it wasnt until the prosecution wanted it all to be finally over that they offered him this deal- no more appeals and he tells the truth about what happened- no death penalty, no parole. if he appeals, the death penalty goes back on. we found out alot then. how would he even begin to work it off?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:40 am
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
Incarcerated_love

thats just it though, hes had 12 years to do just that and for 10 of them, he was swearing that my aunt had killed her. it wasnt until the prosecution wanted it all to be finally over that they offered him this deal- no more appeals and he tells the truth about what happened- no death penalty, no parole. if he appeals, the death penalty goes back on. we found out alot then. how would he even begin to work it off?

so if I am understanding this correctly the prosecution offered not to kill him if he admits to doing something he didn't do.

It doesn’t matter if he did it or not that’s still a dirty tactic

its times like this that make me look to the bright side of global warming  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:34 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

so if I am understanding this correctly the prosecution offered not to kill him if he admits to doing something he didn't do.

his van
his dna
her dna
her blood
his knife
his confession to his brother
her hair
not exactly circumstancial evidence. and he told stuff we never even imagined. like he had been stalking her. like he only met tim (my uncle) inorder to get close to her. it wasnt a dirty tactic, my aunt didnt even want his death, she wanted him to sit and think of every moment we would miss because of him. he wanted into general population, and WA hadnt sceduled an exicution date for him in the 10 years he had been in prison. to protect him, they moved my other cousins father out of state. where is the dirty tactic in wanting to allow the VICTIMS healing- something we couldnt have while he was saying stuff like "she threw her self at me" or "its her parents fault"? where is the dirty tactic in allowing us, her family, to stop feeling guilty about it? we finally got the truth- there was nothing dirty about the way it came about. the truth was- even if tim had never become friends with him, he wouldve raped and murdered her.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:06 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

his van
his dna
her dna
her blood
his knife
her hair
not exactly circumstancial evidence. and he told stuff we never even imagined. like he had been stalking her. like he only met tim (my uncle) inorder to get close to her. it wasnt a dirty tactic, my aunt didnt even want his death, she wanted him to sit and think of every moment we would miss because of him. he wanted into general population, and WA hadnt sceduled an exicution date for him in the 10 years he had been in prison. to protect him, they moved my other cousins father out of state. where is the dirty tactic in wanting to allow the VICTIMS healing- something we couldnt have while he was saying stuff like "she threw her self at me" or "its her parents fault"? where is the dirty tactic in allowing us, her family, to stop feeling guilty about it? we finally got the truth- there was nothing dirty about the way it came about. the truth was- even if tim had never become friends with him, he wouldve raped and murdered her.

Doesn't change the fact that he was forced on pain of death to fabricate a confession. True or not it is still tainted.  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:50 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

his van
his dna
her dna
her blood
his knife
her hair

Doesn't change the fact that he was forced on pain of death to fabricate a confession. True or not it is still tainted.

they offered it, doesnt mean he had to take it,  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:58 am
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

his van
his dna
her dna
her blood
his knife
her hair

Your right he didn't have to take the offer
But it really isn't that simple

Assume there are no other outcomes
What would you rather do?
Confess to something you didn't do for a lesser punishment
or continue proclaiming your innocence and die

I would rather not die  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:00 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

his van
his dna
her dna
her blood
his knife
her hair

I would rather not die

you dont understand- he had a better chance of dying of old age on death row than he does in gen. pop. he is an admitted child molester and child murderer. he wasnt proclaming inocence- for the last 5 years he had been saying that she "threw" herself at him, that she wanted it. that isnt saying i didnt do it, its saying, yeah i did but its not my fault, bear in mind she was 7 years old. also i would rather die than confess to a crime i did not commit, its called integrity.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:29 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

his van
his dna
her dna
her blood
his knife
her hair

I would rather not die

you dont understand- he had a better chance of dying of old age on death row than he does in gen. pop. he is an admitted child molester and child murderer. he wasnt proclaming inocence- for the last 5 years he had been saying that she "threw" herself at him, that she wanted it. that isnt saying i didnt do it, its saying, yeah i did but its not my fault, bear in mind she was 7 years old. also i would rather die than confess to a crime i did not commit, its called integrity.

so by saying it wasn't his fault he was trying to justify his actions as innocent (it makes me cringe just thinking about it but thats the thought process used by criminals in a case like this)

Integrity in death is still death
Perhaps we put different weights on life
But I can respect your choice in not confessing to a crime you didn't commit...I would think it a senseless waist but still it is your decision not mine. Just know that the people can go either way on this issue...death or not death.  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:51 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

I would rather not die

so by saying it wasn't his fault he was trying to justify his actions as innocent (it makes me cringe just thinking about it but thats the thought process used by criminals in a case like this)

Integrity in death is still death
Perhaps we put different weights on life
But I can respect your choice in not confessing to a crime you didn't commit...I would think it a senseless waist but still it is your decision not mine. Just know that the people can go either way on this issue...death or not death.

a senseless waste- being honest? i am aware that people go both ways on this, but you asked which i would choose, id rather die honest than live a lie.

roxanne doll- is the case if you wanna look it up  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces