Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD
What was your first Tanemura Arina series? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What was your first series by Arinacchi?
I.O.N.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
Time Stranger Kyoko
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Full Moon wo Sagashite
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Shinshi Doumei Cross
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
one of her short stories
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:12 pm
What was the series that got you hooked on Tanemura Arina's works?

For me, it was Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. I read an article about it in Animerica Extra and I was hooked. For a while, I had a love/hate relationship with the art (!!!) It was because they picked a weird picture to accompany the article. Also, I was relatively new to manga, so I was a bit disturbed by the large eyes. But eventually I got over that. sweatdrop It took me a long time to find scanlations, but when I did... it was love. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:25 pm
Full Moon. A friend of mine told me to watch it and wouldn't leave me alone until I did. Guess I should thank him for it. xd I was initially very hesitant to watch it because it was described as 'cute' and 'romance.' Those two words never do sit well with me...

After watching the anime, I downloaded the manga and read that. And that's the short and long of it.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Raisetsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:11 am
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne heart .

It aired on one of the local channels sometime back in 2000, and I fell in love with it the moment I watched it. MAHOUSHOUJO YAY rofl . As for the manga, it would have to be Time Stranger Kyoko~ which I enjoyed with the Royal Slumber scanlations that were around then x3.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:46 am
KKJ for me. I was browsing through a Kinokuniya in NYC, and was looking at the tankoubon for Ribon, when I pulled out an issue of KKJ. I was stolen by the artwork. And since at that point I had money, I bought the four books they had, after that, next time I went back there I got the rest of her books, the new three KKJs. And now I keep track of everything she does. Sadly, I'm very much behind on my collection, lacking a few artbooks, alot of toys, and at least 3 books.  

Mineka_C.

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:58 am
Raisetsu
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne heart .

It aired on one of the local channels sometime back in 2000, and I fell in love with it the moment I watched it. MAHOUSHOUJO YAY rofl . As for the manga, it would have to be Time Stranger Kyoko~ which I enjoyed with the Royal Slumber scanlations that were around then x3.

Royal Slumber was an awesome resource. I'm sad that it is gone now. D: I could never get the scanlations to work for me, though... I had a veeeery old computer at the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:12 am
Full Moon for me.

But I've always been interested on watching Jeanne, so that'll be my next Anime to get.  

Takuto

Shameless Gaian

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:51 am
Mine was Full Moon. I read a review on Minitokyo and then when I saw that anime-source.com had the scanlations, I decided to check it out. I'm glad I did. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:59 am
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, the manga.

It was 2 years ago, I was browsing through AnimeArt.com and found a picture of KKJ, the anime. So I started watching the opening and it seemed interesting. Then I did some research and I found out about the manga. That's when I got obsessed because the pictures were amazing. o_o As time went by, translations appeared and finally the scanlations arrived! +_+ After reading the series, I became a fan of Arina-sama and looked for her other mangas. So now, here I am. ^^  

Froggy Furnishings

Bchan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:58 am
FMWS - I first heard of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne but I never got to see/read any of it. Then I got a (thankfully faster) internet connection and started downloading the FMWS anime and was instantly hooked 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:34 pm
Full Moon for me. I was actually waiting to watch a different anime on a website, but it was replaced by Full Moon. I wasn't that interested in watching at first, but then I saw the animation and how cute it was. 4laugh So I watched it, and got interested. And then I read the manga after that. heart  

Jinnyb

Karren Hilary.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:54 pm
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. I read a 10-page manga-preview of Phantom Thief Jeanne in Anime Insider when it was announced as CMX's new manga. I got hooked on just reading 10 pages and went on the internet to serach for it more. Phantom Thief Jeanne had no websites so then I searched Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and read the whole manga online. I then joined the Arina Tanemura Fan Thread the next day and got hooked on her other manga. o_o

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:38 pm
Full Moon. Sadly it is the only one i have seen or read.  

Ichigosama

Yonaki

Lady Lunatic

17,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:22 pm
A friend of mine from a forum I joined a few years ago was obsessed with Full Moon wo Sagashite. From the look of the arts and the summary of the series, I was curious and went to look up the scanlations of it. From that point on, I wanted to read more of Tanemura's manga.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:48 pm
I actually saw the first season of the anime Searching for the Fullmoon and fell inlove with the story, then I was in the book store and saw the manga and instantly bought it, now I like the manga ten times more!!!  

Nanako_chii

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:29 pm
I was browsing one of my favorite sites (No Da!) when it was still a general anime site and it featured a KKJ section, so I read on it. But since the manga didn't come out for it in English (I dislike reading scanlations.), I checked out some more anime and manga from Tanemura-san since I saw the KKJ gallery and loved the art. That was when I saw FMwS and decided to purchase the DVD...6 months later when I asked my dad. Um...yeah. xD  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff