10%  [ 41 ]
Undecided, so gimme my gold already...
11%
 11%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 397

Ausheteru II
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:34 am
Seeing as how my last thread with the same title got deleted I thought I'd start a new one in my guild. It might be safe here, although I'm surprized the last one was deleted from chatterbox of all places! I think it had something to do with me asking people to PM Lanzer to vouch for Snuggles. So I am NOT encouraging anyone to PM any mods.

Here is my original thread post, with the PMing stuff edited out:

Quote:
Over the past few months I have gotten to know x Mr Snuggle x very well while he has been trophy fishing. Last month (October) he placed first at Gambino breaking the old record and raising the bar for everyone else with a score of 666,000. This month (November) he decided to compete for the Overall fisher trophy. He had been doing excellent with almost double the score of the second place overall fisher. On the 15th, his account was banned for "botting". Everyone who has ever fished with him knows he does not bot. He does spend an insane number of hours fishing a day, 16+ hours a day! The reason he is able to do this is because he is recovering from cancer surgery, and fishes to keep his mind off of suddenly finding himself disabled. I personally find it distastful that he is being punished for being a good fisher.

I also wanted to rewrite another point I had in the thread. I didn't copy the post, but it said something like this:
Quote:
Here is what I have been thinking about lately:

If you trophy fish too much, you get accused of botting. You get banned!
If someone buys something from your store in the market with botted gold. You get banned!
If you buy something in the market that was purchased with botted gold. You get banned!
If you go to the exchange and sell something, and someone buys it with botted gold. You get banned!
If you go to the exchange and buy something, and it was previously bought with botted gold. You get banned!
If a noob wrongfully reports you for abuse. You get banned!

So, to try not to get banned you don't buy or sell anything with any other user. You don't do any trophy fishing. What is left that is fun? You wind up wearing noob clothes in fear of buying ANYTHING because it might have been bought with botted gold. You could buy stuff from the stores, but what if you get banned because a jealous noob wrongfully reports you? You lose everything! The entire fun of the site is destroyed because of this. This is unfair and something has to be done. The people getting banned are the loyal Gaians who have been here the longest. They are getting banned because Gaia it seems would rather bend over backwards to please every new user that comes along and ignore those that helped keep this site going year after year. Something has to be done.

Sorry for carrying on, but thanks for listening to me complain. heart

Thanks to all of you for your support,
Ausheteru II  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:35 am
.:Good Links You Should Visit:.
Unban x Mr Snuggle x ~ Chatterbox
Unban x Mr Snuggle and other fishers that DONT bot ~ Petitions

.:Signature Banners:.

Made by: Blind Angel 69 heart
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11092447]
[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/avicontestyay/50-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Made by: ex Haruka Tenoh san heart
User Image

[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/nekoshampoo/Caro/GiveUsMrSnuggleSig.png[/img][/url]

Made by: Blind Angel 69 heart
User Image

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/avicontestyay/50-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Made by: TribalReaper heart
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11092447][img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/779/freesnugscq5.gif[/img][/url]

Ausheteru II
Captain

cutie james

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:05 am
So appearently Gaia is NOT a land of free speech!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:12 am
cutie james
So appearently Gaia is NOT a land of free speech!!!
I found it interesting that Gaidin told me after moving my thread to chatterbox that if he had wanted to shut us up, he would have deleted my thread. I guess they are trying to shut us up after all!  

Ausheteru II
Captain

cutie james

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:15 am
Well too bad for them!! Cause we aren't gonna shut up!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:20 am
u kno what..... i think x mr snuggle x should get a trial... he did not rightfully cause a crime and/or break the rules!!

we should do a trail!!!  

duhh37

cutie james

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:23 am
I don't think he should even need a trial! I don't think how much time someone spends fishin' is any of their business! And they now know why he does so they should be full of guilt and give him his account back!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:23 am
Banner is up, if anyone has more, I'll be happy to add them.

Also, I forgot who created the one I do have, if anyone knows, please inform me so I can give credit for it. Thanks.  

Ausheteru II
Captain

The Blind Angel 69

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:29 am
the one in ur siggy is from me  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:40 am
The Blind Angel 69
the one in ur siggy is from me
I kinda thought so, but I wasn't sure, I couldn't look at the old thread to find out for sure. lol Thanks heart  

Ausheteru II
Captain

Haru_rave_master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:43 am
did they delete the forum?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:48 am
Haru_rave_master
yeah crying crying crying crying crying  

The Blind Angel 69

Ausheteru II
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:51 am
Haru_rave_master
I had originally posted my thread in the fishing forum so that I could make fishers aware that if they fish too much they could get banned. Gaidin decided it was "inapropriate" and had nothing to do with fishing itself and moved it to chatterbox. I accused him of trying to shut us up, his reply was that if he had wanted to shut us up, he would have deleted my thread. Less than a day later, my thread was deleted from chatterbox. Let me repeat that in case it didn't sink in... Deleted From Chatterbox!!! Yet they don't delete threads with titles like; "I ******** your mother"

Make your own judgement on wether or not they are trying to silence us, I know what my opinion of this is.

Thanks,
Ausheteru II  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:00 am
Well just to remind everyone the fishin mod I contacted yesterday did say that one of the things they look for in deciding if your a bot or not is if you spend too much time fishin'. So I think this is a matter for the fishin' forums but who am I to say!! And if this is one of the guide lines don't you think those of us who fish should be made aware!!!!  

cutie james

Gairwin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:08 am
EXCELLENT!! We've started again! *fist pump* We shall not be silenced!

Teehee. 4laugh

I find it... oddly amusing that the moment they deleted the thread, someone had just posted something about rebelling. =) I was scared they might ban me/us that I emptied my account into a mule's and now I look stupid. I need to find a cheap outfit to wear that I won't miss in case they do decide to ban us. But damn it!! I want to wear my evolving items and Gwee and elf ears and... crying

Is there any news on recently banned fishers?

Hey Aush, we need to let our fellow protesters know about this thread.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4: Graveyard ~~~Dead Threads~~~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff