Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:00 am
User Image

He was the most fearsome cub on this side of the Kusini!

Everything feared him!

His pink mane striked TERROR in little bug hearts!

And he knew it.

A grin broke out across Kinyago'vitimbi's face, and crawling forward against the earth he approached his soon to be latest victim. His red eyes had widened in delight that he was soon to catch his first ever prey! He was so close that his claws could form a cage around the beetle. It would be so helpless to his abilities and might! The silly little creature would have no idea to do, and he delighted in his soon-to-be victory. He quickly reached out, claws intending to close aroud the insect. But the beetle quickly darted into a hole in the ground, leaving Kinya vaguely confused and less-vaguely disappointed.

"Hey, get back here! I wasn't finished with you!" He cried out in dismay, coming up to the little hole in the ground to press his eye right up to the opening. It was then that he learned that he didn't like the feel of dirt on his eyes, and with a little yelp he jumped back, pawing at his eyes, trying to remove the dirt and what could appear to be tears. They weren't tears! The awesome Kinyago'vitimbi did not cry because a bug got away, did not cry because he got a little dirt in his eye! The wetness was only there to... to clean his eyes! That was right! He was giving his eyes a bath, that was all!

"Stupid BUG!"

With an angry huff he stormed away from the hole that the beetle managed to escape through, disappointed in his first major loss. He had spent so long chasing that creature down! He had spent MINUTES creeping up on it and positioning himself for the perfect attack! Then the stupid thing had to go and ruin everything for him. His siblings had all probably caught their first bug by now, and Kinya was falling horribly behind them all in bug-catching abilities. He didn't like being showed up, and especially didn't like losing. He was at optimum capability for throwing a hissy-fit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:17 am
User Image

Kinya was not the only cub being shown up, in fact he was not even the only one out of his siblings- but at least the critter that had beaten him was alive, had the ability to outsmart him.. Tikiti was having trouble with a rock. That is, he was doing his very, very best to try to climb up a rock that was unreasonably big for someone his size, and he couldn't seem to do it. Like his brother and the bug, Tiki was sure that if his siblings were here, they'd be able to do it in no time- especially all the ones that were bigger than him, which was most of them.

After one particularly rattling tumble from almost managing to cling to the top of the rock, Tiki suddenly heard someone yelling about bugs. He hadn't realized he was so close to anyone, especially anyone with a familiar voice like that. Flopped over on the ground in a rather uncomfortable looking position, Tiki wrinkled his nose and tried to figure out who it was- and it didn't take him very long.

"Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?" he called out, "That you?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:41 am
He gasped softly when he heard one of the shortened versions of his name spoken on his brother's lips. Oh, he knew it was Tikiti, and that made the whole situation a lot worse. What if his brother had seen his failure? He knew Tikiti wasn't the kind of brother to rub it in his face... but there was still the chance that Tikiti could accidentally let it slip to one of his other brothers, and he was sure that most of them would love to tease him about it. If they had caught bugs of their own, that would put Kinya at the bottom of the pecking order, and already he got enough teasing to drive him insane! That was it, he couldn't let Tikiti know that he had failed in catching the bug. Quickly he covered himself up, pushing his pink bangs away from his face, squaring his shoulders, and tilting his chin up subtly to make himself look superior.

With everything in order, he turned around and moved effortlessly over to his brother. "Of course it's me!" His voice managed to sound lightly offended that Tiki did not immediately recognize his voice. He wasn't truly that upset over Tiki's little error, because at least that gave him some grounds to stand upon. If Tiki wanted to bring up his bug-hunting incident, Kinya could bring up the fact that Tiki had not been able to recognize him. It would be a stalemate, and then no one else would have to know of his failure.

Approaching Tiki, he arched an eyebrow as he saw the awkward position Tiki was laying down in. "Are you okay?"

(( ;D -playing with colors- >>; ))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:57 am
It wasn't that Tiki didn't recognize the anger shouting of his brother, only that he wasn't about to run around making assumptions- he didn't know enough lions to say whether or not everyone sounded way different all the time or not. He thought most of his siblings sounded a lot alike when they were really angry or really whiny, but maybe he just focussed more on the tone than the actually voice.

The small cub scowled when his brother's voice confirmed who it was, sounding somewhat offended. Of course, being so young, Tiki was not quite as capable as some at taking a joke. And as soon as Kinya came into sight, and raised an eyebrow at how Tiki lay, the pale cub rolled over and scrambled to his feet.

"I'm just fine," he snapped, changing the subject and trading a bit of tone for curiosity, "What were you yelling about, Kin?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:10 am
A grin had broke out across his face as he observed what position his brother was in. He was curious as to know why Tiki was laying on the dirty ground in the middle of the day and didn't look as if he was trying to take a nap... but his brother seemed a little grumpy. Almost as grumpy as Kinya could be, and Kinya could be really grumpy at times. Kinya didn't want to give Tiki any more reasons to get more snappy at him, because he didn't quite like it. He'd want to tackle Tiki to the ground and bite his ear to get him to stop being silly, but Tiki wouldn't take that well. So... he had to just avoid making his brother upset. That wouldn't be too difficult, so long as Tiki didn't try to make him upset. If Tiki tried to then Kinya would not hold himself responsible for getting angry at him.

"Oh?" He blinked in surprise, thinking immediately that it wasn't fair that Tiki was questioning him when Kinya could just as easily be questioning him in return. He sat down, and flicking his bangs out of his eyes he turned his head to the side, giving his brother the loftiest look that he could manage. "I was hunting a bug... and when I pounced on it... it squished all over my paws. It was disgusting. You would be yelling about it too. All green and gooey and..." he glanced over his shoulder to make sure that no one else was in hearing distance (especially his mom or dad), "FUGLY." In Kinya's view point, that was quite the daring word to say.

But, hey, he was daring. He was the most daring cub out of his family. The most daringest and coolest cub to ever be born! YEAH!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:21 am
Tiki watched Kinya, knowing he'd overreacted- and it could have gotten worse if Kinya didn't choose to remain so calm himself. They both seemed to be equally sensitive about these kinds of things, though Tiki did not quite realize it yet- especially since according to Kinya he had been successful in his bug hunting. To Tiki that just meant that now he had proof that Kinya, and all the others, were very good at the things they did. He would have shot a glare at the rock he'd failed at climbing, but Kin's description of the bug was just too delightful.

"Ewww, that's so cool!" he said, wrinkling his nose but looking positively impressed with the story. Tiki never really tried to bug hunt, he'd never know if any of this was false or exaggerated information. He took glanced around after Kin chose the word 'fugly' to describe the bugs squishiness.

"Your paws don't look very sticky," Tiki said as soon as he looked at his brother's paws to see this for himself, but instead of assuming that the story was fall, he guessed it must have been less gooey than described, or all on the bottom of his paws. Still keen on seeing for himself, he bounced closer to his brother, "Let me see the bottoms~"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:34 am
"I know! It's the first bug I caught ever, and it was huge. It was one of those bugs that had the really big ends!" Kinya loved to tell stories, especially when he was the hero or the main character in it. He wanted all of his siblings to think that he was cool, even the older ones who were too busy flirting with boys and girls to care much about his adventures. The last thing he wanted was for everyone to think that he was nothing but a wimp, and in that way he shared a similar fear to what Tiki was experiencing. Neither of them wanted to look diminished in their brothers and sister's eyes. They wanted to be looked up to despite of their surprisingly small size (both had managed to inherit the nasty gene from their mother). They both had something to prove, though what that was, neither of them seemed to know.

He gasped silently when his brother suddenly got too curious for his own good, and as Tiki bounced closer to him he suddenly pulled his paw back over his shoulder, hiding the backs of it from Tiki's line of sight. "They're not sticky because I washed them in a little pool of water. I'm not going to walk around with green goo on the bottom of my paw. Mother would give me an unneccessary bath. If you want to see green goo, go squish a bug yourself. I don't intentionally want to get any dirtier then I am." He was being a little more cruel then usual, but when nervous that ws how he became. It was so hard to make up excuses on the spot, and so if he sounded snotty and snobby he could not help it.

"I'll help you hunt some time, if you want." Kinya offered his help to make up for the slight cruelty that he had shown his brother. But, really, Tiki had deserved it for being so nosy!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:47 am
Tiki didn't really care much for his brother's reaction to him wanting to see what exactly the green goo looked like, and he certainly didn't expect to be told something as simple as it had already been washed off- especially in the tone that Kin used. He frowned at his brother. To Tiki, if you had time to wash it off your feet, then you'd have time to calm down- especially if Kin was so proud of his accomplishment. Of course, it could be frustrating to have to clean up if you didn't like baths.. but Tiki was sure he'd be too proud to really care if it'd been him that had gotten the bug.

"Geez, you sure are grouchy about it for being so proud," he said, sticking out his tongue, "If you can do it by yourself, then I can do it by myself too, I don't need your help." Tiki was not happy with what Kinya expalined, and certainly didn't know a better way to react. He wasn't too far from outright doubting Kin's story, but he wasn't about to say it.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:03 pm
He put his paw back down on the ground in a decisive gesture, taking slow breaths to calm himself down from his little heart-attack. Tiki had come so terribly close to discovering the truth that Kinya had failed horribly in his latest attempt to catch a bug. If Tiki had found out... well, it would mean a lot of trouble for Tiki and for Kinya. Kinya was not going to let anyone discover the fact that he was a failure. He wasn't even going to tell his dad that he had failed in catching a bug. They were so small and should be easy to catch! Dad could probably tackle down an entire BUFFALO on his own, and Kinya could not even handle catching an insect. It was disgraceful... and that was why he could not even let his brother know of his failure. He would defend his secret until the day he died (or so he thought at his youthful age).

He shook his head, turning his bright red eyes down on his little brother, adopting the attitude that he had arrived in. "I just don't like it when you poke my personal bubble." he said dismissively, once again tossing his unruly bangs away from his eyes. "It's not bad to ask for help every once in a while. Catching bugs is very, very hard, and everyone needs a little help. Even I might have needed help in time if I had not caught my first bug. So, if you ever want help, just ask me. I'll be glad to give you some aid."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:15 pm
Tiki raised a skeptical eyebrow at Kinya saying he didn't like having his "personal bubble" poked. It wasn't too convincing for someone bragging about a great accomplishment- though it was more convincing in that it was from someone who came from a really big family. But right now it was just Tiki and Kin, he shouldn't be that worried. Maybe they just weren't as good friends as Tiki expected, especially with the way that Kinya looked down at him and offered his assistance.

"Your.. personal bubble?" he repeated, then snorted in amusement, "I don't need or want your help, Kin."

If Kinya could do it on his own, and act that way, then Tiki would do exactly the same. With that said, Tiki turned around determined now to climb the rock- and prove to Kin (and himself) that he was perfectly capable of doing things on his own. Facing the large rock again, Tiki hesitated a moment before he scrambled forward and did his very best to jump on it and cling to it's side to he could get to the top. He didn't do too badly, managing to cling stubbornly to it.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:32 pm
They were brothers, it was expected that for multiple times in their lives they would bug the hell out of one another. In fact, it was likely that all of them would at some point get into a physical brawl with one another because one cub said something and the other was made uspet by it. It was simply what brothers did every once in a while, but it was likely that this time when Tiki and Kinya were made upset by one another that it would not amount to an actual fight. Kinya wasn't in the mood to fight his just as tiny brother, because it was likely that their mom and dad would find out, and Kinya did not want to get chewed out for getting into a fight. It just wasn't fun, and some times he forgot about the punishments for fighting because he was so angry. Right now that wasn't the case.

"What are you doing?" His voice sounded slightly incredulous as Tiki tried to conquer the rock. He stood up, walking closer to the big thing of stone, observing it and deciding he wasn't going to try to climb it. It was huge, and he was really tiny. Right now it was rather impossible for him to climb it and reach the top. He doubted Tiki could do it, and his little brother was proving that to him right at this moment. "You're not going to be able to climb it. It's too big. Maybe if I gave you a boost you'd be able to... but I think that's as far as you're getting." Arching an eyebrow, he continued to observe his brother and begin to think Tiki as stupid for believing that he could reach the top. It just wasn't possible!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:27 pm
If wanting to get to the top was all it took to climb the rock, Tiki would already be at the top, especially when Kinya started on about how he wasn't going to be able to get to the top. The pale cub was determined, he was motivated- and with all of his might he clung to the side of the rock, but any attempted movement only made him wobble, which stopped his attempting to move almost immediately. When his brother offered to give him a boost, Tiki was not about to let that happen- and made his first attempt at actually getting up higher on the rock.

With a wobble and some scrambling, he inevitably fell back to the ground. He just was not going to be able to get up it, and now he had to face his brother. This time when he hit the ground, he wasted no time getting back into a sitting position- though he didn't look at Kinya.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:38 pm
His eyes were brightened with amusement at his brother's silly attempts to get to the top of the rock. Kinya observed Tiki's wobbling and his desperate clinging to the side of the rock. His brother just didn't have the strength to make it to the top, and while Kinya also lacked the strength to reach the top of the rock he wasn't going to try and do it anyways. He would only end up embarrassing himself, and Kinya was all about what people thought about him these days. By exerting himself and putting all his will behind getting to the top of that rock, his inevitable failure would only put him in a very bad position. He wasn't willing to suffer through that, and could not see why Tiki was going to do it to himself. Not that he minded... what Tiki was doing was amusing, and he could use a good laugh after the close call of Tiki nearly finding out that Kinya had not killed the bug.

"I toldja so," he said as he watched his brother finally fall off of the rock. He had held on for the longest of times, but had no strength to propell himself upwards. It was a doomed attempt from the beginning, and now Tiki would be tired enough that he probably would not be capable of doing it again. "The rock's too big for you. You should try for something smaller." He looked around him, and with an amused grin he picked up a pebble and offered it to his sibling. "Here. Like this pebble, see?" and then he gave in to a fit of laughter, because it was just too funny!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:23 pm
Tiki huffed. He was not actually too tired to try again, but his legs certainly weren't going to let him- they seemed to be fighting against him just standing up. When Kinya dared to say he was right, Tiki glared over at him.

"I didn't want to climb it anyway," he announced loudly, and now that he was looking at Kin, it was a perfect chance for the boy to suggest the pebble with visual and everything. This only made Tiki more frustrated, especially when he started to laugh. Tikiti was not so mindful or concerned about the possibility of getting into trouble, and despite his wobbly legs he jumped up and pounced at his brother- taking advantage of Kinya's being distracted by hysterical laugher.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 pm
"If you didn't want to climb it, then why were you?" He tilted his head to the side, a little confused as to why Tiki would put so much effort into climbing on top of the rock when he really didn't want to. It was then that Kinya figured out that Tiki had only said that to try and make up for his obvious embarrassment. Kinya wasn't in the mood, though, to let Tiki get away unembarrassed. It was just too perfect of an opportunity, and boys could really be nasty to one another when they tried. Kinya wasn't really trying, though, and instead was just enjoying himself. If it came at Tiki's expense... well, at this point and time he really did not care. It was funny, and he was going to enjoy himself whether his brother liked it or not!

His laughter was stifled, though, when he suddenly felt Tiki's body collide with his own. He was shoved off of his feet and onto his back, with his little brother on top of him and obviously rather upset about Kinya's 'light' teasing. "Hey! GET OFF!" With a little grunt he kicked at his brother, trying to get his feet into the other's stomach, because he really didn't like being pinned down. In fact, he didn't like that Tiki had reacted so badly to his teasing! IN FACT, right now he didn't quite like his brother! "YOU IDIOT. Get off me before I tell mom!"

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff